Sat 13 April fixtures

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Somehow we won today. I didn’t go, so can’t comment but from what I can see we hardly dominated.
Not quite sure how we won but will take it.
It means this clown is in charge for the rest of the season now which is the bad news.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Rolled over at Fleetwood today. 68 percent possession and did nothing with it.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
We are shit. Oxford deserve the 6th.
Ironically, we probably don’t. We are largely in this position due to the horrible form of sides around us. We should have been blown away a while ago. I’m staggered we are where we are.

That’s not taking anything away from our recent upturn in performances and todays result which was terrific. It’s not done yet… However this should have been on a plate for another playoff chaser.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Northampton started dreadfully, Fleetwood could easily have been 2 up in the first 15 minutes, indeed they made Fleetwood look good which is no mean feat. Burton winning ( and well ) almost consigns us to league 2 which the Posh will surely do next Tuesday

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
A classic relegation performance. Really good first half. Abysmal Second. Exeter literally looked like they were putting in 60% effort but still beat us comfortably. We're like a dog limping around that needs to be put down.

Of course, Peterborough who played like Real Madrid on Wednesday, played like Real Idiots today. Of course they saved their best performance of the season against us. And of course Burton who have been absolutely shite for weeks and get pummelled today and play against 10 men and somehow scrape a win...of course they did. That shit never happens for us. That's ruined us today...we were like a kids team Second half. It was embarrassing. Against an Exeter team that didn't give aa shit whether they won or lost.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Another draw to add to the collection, of course Bonne scored. Probably should have won that one but to give them credit, Cambridge were much better in the second half. We desperately need a decent keeper for next season
You bullied us first half but we got to grips with you second half and the game could have gone either way but a point probably a fair result.

I don’t know what your budget is or if today was your best team but you looked like Wycombe Wanderers. Units all over the park, playing long balls and looking for knock downs of the target man. I assume you have a top 5 budget but whoever is doing your recruitment needs sacking.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
A classic relegation performance. Really good first half. Abysmal Second. Exeter literally looked like they were putting in 60% effort but still beat us comfortably. We're like a dog limping around that needs to be put down.

Of course, Peterborough who played like Real Madrid on Wednesday, played like Real Idiots today. Of course they saved their best performance of the season against us. And of course Burton who have been absolutely shite for weeks and get pummelled today and play against 10 men and somehow scrape a win...of course they did. That shit never happens for us. That's ruined us today...we were like a kids team Second half. It was embarrassing. Against an Exeter team that didn't give aa shit whether they won or lost.
Just home and still seething.

First half we did everything we’d want, aggressive, decent on the ball, created chances, scored a couple, Uche was dominating their centre halves and we looked decent, probably as good a performance as we’ve put it all round for a long time.

Second half it just wasn’t there, we sat deeper, stood off, they score a fluke goal and we crumble rather than just keep doing what we had been doing.

We even had a great chance to go 3-2 up only for Debrah to block the goal bound header, get the ball at this feet 5 yards out and try and dribble it rather than fire it home.

Sang was terrible second half (again), once Uche went off we throw a midfielder up front who’s crap anyway and games gone.

As said Exeter were there for the taking today, they didn’t look overly arsed and to lose at 2-0 against a side on the beach it’s absolutely criminal, it’s the worst Vale side I have seen in terms of character and mentality, weak.

Can’t wait for two weeks today so I can get 3 and a half months off from it, relegation deserved, needless but deserved and we need a big reset in the summer.

Not overly sure Moore is going to be the right man as it stands.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
You bullied us first half but we got to grips with you second half and the game could have gone either way but a point probably a fair result.

I don’t know what your budget is or if today was your best team but you looked like Wycombe Wanderers. Units all over the park, playing long balls and looking for knock downs of the target man. I assume you have a top 5 budget but whoever is doing your recruitment needs sacking.
It’ll be how we set up and recruit for next season. It’s how Nathan Jones plays. We’ve tried the possession based passing it around managers and it has not worked so I don’t mind the direct approach Jones has, especially if it gets us results. I can imagine it is infuriating to watch when it doesn’t work out.

It’s honeslty worked quite well since Jones has come in for May to feed off knock ons but injury for Wickham and Aneke’s inability to play more than 30 mins means we’ve often been playing long balls to nobody. Recruit well and implement it in the summer and we could do ok. The defence and keeper make way too many mistakes at the moment

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Credit where it’s due to Cheltenham, they really are worse than us. And I don’t take much pleasure saying that, because I’d love them to stay up.

Weird game, overall it was thoroughly deserved and we could have won by a couple more - but that would have been harsh. Then on the other side, we showed Cheltenham exactly why we’ve been so bad as it could have ended 3-3 from the 94th - 99th minute - if not for a superb clearance off the line and a goal (rightly) ruled offside.

I hope they stay up, I really do. However if they do go down, then they’re probably in one of the best positions of a few clubs with DC in charge.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Credit where it’s due to Cheltenham, they really are worse than us. And I don’t take much pleasure saying that, because I’d love them to stay up.

Weird game, overall it was thoroughly deserved and we could have won by a couple more - but that would have been harsh. Then on the other side, we showed Cheltenham exactly why we’ve been so bad as it could have ended 3-3 from the 94th - 99th minute - if not for a superb clearance off the line and a goal (rightly) ruled offside.

I hope they stay up, I really do. However if they do go down, then they’re probably in one of the best positions of a few clubs with DC in charge.
DC would have won us that game today. Moore has been appalling since he came. He's thick as fuck and it shows.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It’ll be how we set up and recruit for next season. It’s how Nathan Jones plays. We’ve tried the possession based passing it around managers and it has not worked so I don’t mind the direct approach Jones has, especially if it gets us results. I can imagine it is infuriating to watch when it doesn’t work out.

It’s honeslty worked quite well since Jones has come in for May to feed off knock ons but injury for Wickham and Aneke’s inability to play more than 30 mins means we’ve often been playing long balls to nobody. Recruit well and implement it in the summer and we could do ok. The defence and keeper make way too many mistakes at the moment
Yep, that knocking it around at the back shit is not for division 3. The players aren't good enough for it. We tried it today a few times and nearly got caught out. I blame Guardiola for thinking that's the way everyone should play, it's fucking boring.

dannylad01

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Twitter
@dannytudor01
Nope. Still booed though.

But whatevs.

WE. ARE. ON THE BEACH - say WE ARE ON THE BEACH.

:ds:
Not many boos round by me. Deserved his round of applause after the game. The only player with a Shrewsbury connection that deserved it after today's game.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Yep, that knocking it around at the back shit is not for division 3. The players aren't good enough for it. We tried it today a few times and nearly got caught out. I blame Guardiola for thinking that's the way everyone should play, it's fucking boring.

We tried it at the beginning of the season and it was a disaster.

Even the teams who *can* get it right can get punished with it, we thumped Posh this season 5-2 largely through playing a high press and disrupting their passing between the back line.

dannylad01

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Twitter
@dannytudor01
I haven’t been that angry at a game in a long, long time. Wycombe were there for the taking, on the beach is an understatement. Yes the red card didn’t help us but it was a stupid challenge and I hope I never see the prick in a Salop shirt ever again. I wouldn’t give a shit if we get rid of the lot come summer, what on earth has happened to Dunkley I don’t know, Taylor Perry shouldn’t be a Football League player… I could go on and on.

Thankfully Exeter have got us out of jail massively and well gonna survive because of that result. Thanks Grecians!
You and me both. One of the worst displays I've seen. No effort whatsoever. Wycombe didn't need to do anything to win. Was heading for a dull 0-0 before the stupid red card. And even then Wycombe only had 2 meaningful shots.

What's happened to Dunkley is we've gone to 4 at the back. His lack of pace is exposed in that formation. Much better being the central player in a 3.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United

Hadn’t thought of it like that but now you mention it, it also looks like the Luton team he built and done well with.

He will make it work for you but a lot of work to do in the summer. Starting with a CB who can actually play. Lloyd Jones maybe…

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Good point that, particularly after the first half. Edging closer to safety.

Nathan Jones can add himself to the list, that includes Louis Van Gaal, of people who don’t think we’ve got a good pitch despite the fact it’s like a bowling green. Oaf.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I haven’t been that angry at a game in a long, long time. Wycombe were there for the taking, on the beach is an understatement. Yes the red card didn’t help us but it was a stupid challenge and I hope I never see the prick in a Salop shirt ever again. I wouldn’t give a shit if we get rid of the lot come summer, what on earth has happened to Dunkley I don’t know, Taylor Perry shouldn’t be a Football League player… I could go on and on.

Thankfully Exeter have got us out of jail massively and well gonna survive because of that result. Thanks Grecians!
I always admire your optimism pre game. You rarely call put a defeat for your own team. Fortunately, you've managed to bag enough points this time and you've been competing against potentially the worst league 1 bottom 4 in many years.

Just a tip to avoid disappointment in the future. Perhaps try being less optimistic. I go into every game expecting us to lose because I know what we are. Therefore when we do actually lose it's not hard to take and when we win, I sit in amazement. Embrace being shit!

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Rumours abound that he may be looking for an out in the summer. The fan's forum on Thursday could be interesting.

As CTFCfan99 said earlier - he has to carry the can for the last couple of games. The formation change against Carlisle made sense because it was the same as we lined up for the second half against Exeter and we looked ok then. Today was nonsensical. We haven't played 4-4-2 for aeons and the players looked lost in the first half.

He wasn't the reason we lost, but the ref was an absolute joke today though. Poor George Lloyd was manhandled, hacked down, pushed-pulled, and got absolutely nothing from the clown. Kinsella and a Rovers player both go for the ball. Kinsella wins it and the Rovers player kicks the base of his foot - free-kick Rovers. I've genuinely never known a season where we have had such bad luck from referees. As I said though - he wasn't the reason we lost.

Our inability to create anything, our inability to defend, and our inability to keep any forwards fit were the reason.

Amazingly, survival is still in our own hands. That will change when we lose to Burton on Tuesday and relegation will be confirmed when we lose to Lincoln next week. We just ran out of puff in the end.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I don’t believe it is “the worst league 1 bottom 4 in many years”. That’s a narrative that some on this forum have latched on to and it has turned from opinion into some sort of “pseudo-fact”.

In reality, it was appalling last season and the year before, and I would offer that it was just as bad the year before that too. It just feels worse at the moment you’re in it.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
I remember last season’s FGR being worse than any of the current bottom 4, simply hapless.

Franchise got crippled by losing all their best players, but it was still incredibly poor for them to get relegated with a big budget.

Morecambe and Accy don’t really stick in my mind either way, but particularly the latter would always be punching above their weight to stay up at this level, given their finances.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Hope you used disappearing ink when he signed that 5 year contract
Il let him build his own squad first but christ I know he’s terrible but Ryan Loft surely had to come on rather than a midfielder for Uche… or even Massey who’s played there before.

That said he was stuck with kids to largely throw on… recruitment has to vastly improve in L2 or we will be heading for our turn in the abyss of non league.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
If Ryan Loft is the solution you really are doomed.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
I always admire your optimism pre game. You rarely call put a defeat for your own team. Fortunately, you've managed to bag enough points this time and you've been competing against potentially the worst league 1 bottom 4 in many years.

Just a tip to avoid disappointment in the future. Perhaps try being less optimistic. I go into every game expecting us to lose because I know what we are. Therefore when we do actually lose it's not hard to take and when we win, I sit in amazement. Embrace being shit!
We’ll 100% lose on Tuesday, we always lose away at Bolton. I don’t get too disheartened when we lose, we all support our local clubs down here and are used to that after all. What boils my blood is the complete lack of effort from players. The players at this club couldn’t give a shit if we go down, they know they won’t be here come summer which become very evident today. It’s going to be our biggest clear out in the last ten years which is needed. Just hope we have new investors in place by then to help us get a higher calibre of players come August when we go again.

I also echo what Danny says, I haven’t been worried about relegation once all season but tonight I’m having doubts. I can’t see us getting another point so we’ll need favours from Wycombe and Burton come Tuesday night which is depressing having to rely on other teams. Relegation will put the club backwards with how much revenue we’ll lose from gate receipts and this new tv deal coming in the summer. It’s VITAL we stay up as I’m sure is the case for the others too.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Our last three games are Lincoln, Peterborough and then a trip to Stevenage. We're not catching Shrewsbury.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Nothing to see in our game, went as expected. The only suprise was that it took Derby 3 corners to score past us, as they dominated 90% of the game and could've added more.

We was a bit better second half, but the reality is we've run out of legs and bodies to go toe to toe with the leagues strongest right now.

No way will Derby mess it up from here, looked far too on it today and have an easy last home game too.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Our last three games are Lincoln, Peterborough and then a trip to Stevenage. We're not catching Shrewsbury.
It’s all at the feet of Vale tbh. Burton will get minimum 3 points from yourselves, Reading, Fleetwood I reckon. Wycombe go into the same beach mentality as they did today on Tuesday night at Vale Park, then it’ll be a home win. I reckon Vale beat Cambridge last day if they had to in order to survive. Our bollockless lot won’t get anything from Bolton, Charlton, Orient. The more I think about it, the more I think we’re gone.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Our bollockless lot won’t get anything from Bolton, Charlton, Orient. The more I think about it, the more I think we’re gone.

Eh, we’ll invariably roll over for you. Our injury situation is beyond a joke; we literally only had three first choice players starting today. Very little chance of 7 of the missing 8 being involved for the rest of the season.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Utter atrocious defending by Posh, I'd be looking at betting patterns...

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It’s all at the feet of Vale tbh. Burton will get minimum 3 points from yourselves, Reading, Fleetwood I reckon. Wycombe go into the same beach mentality as they did today on Tuesday night at Vale Park, then it’ll be a home win. I reckon Vale beat Cambridge last day if they had to in order to survive. Our bollockless lot won’t get anything from Bolton, Charlton, Orient. The more I think about it, the more I think we’re gone.
We ain't getting anything on Tuesday. Our race is run. A pathetic bunch of losers, with a thick as fuck manager. Absolute shit show of a season...classic relegation season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!