Sat 7th & Mon 9th Oct Games

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
A great win for us yesterday against Bolton, I'm really proud of the team and our fantastic away following of over 4000!!

This win was a real statement.

Not bad for a team scrapping against relegation lol

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Our budget isn't one of the highest in the division (apparently), but it's more the fact that Regan Poole is one of the best centre backs in the division and can't be replaced. I think Sean Raggett will replace him and whilst he's dependable, he always has a mistake in him.

Our midfield missing two of its best players is also an issue. Marlon Pack has massively stepped up this season since taking the captaincy and looked like the player we thought we were getting last season whilst Alex Robertson has been excellent since signing on loan from City. In their place will be two of either Ben Stevenson who hasn't played a single minute in the league, Terry Devlin who is only 19 but has looked good in cameos, Tino Anjorin who clearly has talent but doesn't look match fit or Christian Saydee who is more effective up front.

Don't get me wrong, a draw would be considered a bad result for us in this game but we do have a few issues and Port Vale are one of those teams that look markedly improved from last season and that has to be respected. I'm looking forward to it.
Pleased Poole got his call-up, it's well deserved after three seasons of consistently high performances. That's four recent ex-Imps in Regan Poole, Liam Cullen, Joe Morrell and Brenna Johnson who've got into the Wales squad.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
A great win for us yesterday against Bolton, I'm really proud of the team and our fantastic away following of over 4000!!

The result of the season so far, a terrific result. We were talking about the away support you were taking to the game which is incredible - a great day all round for you lads !

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Glad Orient got the win in the end as we were miles the better side vs. Reading. They barely touched the ball all game and I was beginning to think our chronic lack of finishing was going to cost us again. Wellens is performing miracles getting a side this poor in the opposition box into mid-table. Dan Agyei can’t get fit soon enough.

As for Reading, they were extremely callow; their naivety out of possession was glaring and they have no physicality apart from Harlee Dean (who had a good game). Awful at the dark arts as well which is unforgivable. Not sure if they’re extremely poorly-coached or just so inexperienced that they’re not ready to compete at this level. Absolutely League Two-bound on that evidence.

Reading fans gave decent support and were very respectful during our tributes to Derek Reynolds, but ugly scenes at full time as they absolutely laid into their young players. A real case of taking their frustrations out on the symptoms rather than the disease. But I guess I’d be angry too if my main rival was Swindon and Swindon don’t even reciprocate.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Glad Orient got the win in the end as we were miles the better side vs. Reading. They barely touched the ball all game and I was beginning to think our chronic lack of finishing was going to cost us again. Wellens is performing miracles getting a side this poor in the opposition box into mid-table. Dan Agyei can’t get fit soon enough.

As for Reading, they were extremely callow; their naivety out of possession was glaring and they have no physicality apart from Harlee Dean (who had a good game). Awful at the dark arts as well which is unforgivable. Not sure if they’re extremely poorly-coached or just so inexperienced that they’re not ready to compete at this level. Absolutely League Two-bound on that evidence.

Reading fans gave decent support and were very respectful during our tributes to Derek Reynolds, but ugly scenes at full time as they absolutely laid into their young players. A real case of taking their frustrations out on the symptoms rather than the disease. But I guess I’d be angry too if my main rival was Swindon and Swindon don’t even reciprocate.

Did David Button get any from the Reading fans for giving away yet another goal?

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
A big positive for carlisle
On top of the result was the shot ratio.

Carlisle will never all season dominate possession, they don’t play that way and we’ll half the time possession is tippy tapping in own half.

In L2 they used to get a good 10+ shots off limited possession and usually dominate the chances but in L1 possession and shots have been very few, yesterday seen that change and will be most important to battle survival

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Did David Button get any from the Reading fans for giving away yet another goal?
Yes, at the end he went over to apologise and he and along with the rest of their squad took a verbal bollocking from their fans.

I didn't think they were terrible, but as E10Rife mentioned, you could se they lacked alot of experience in doing the dirty side of the game.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth

Great following yesterday.

Why so many is there a bit of rivalry with Bolton?

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Great following yesterday.

Why so many is there a bit of rivalry with Bolton?
New ground. Easy traveling distance (though the trains tried to screw that). Positivity around the club for the first time in what feels like decades. A manager and players that have United the fanbase. The promise of the takeover from America removing the widely disliked current set-up. We feel like a club moving forward and it's exciting.

The best thing was seeing how many young Cumbrians are onboard with the journey and loving every minute. The current teenage generation are fully engaged with the club and it's something the potential new owners have to encourage. Do that and anything could happen...

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
I’m surprised as to why Button is doing so terrible at Reading. He’s up in the top 3 goalkeepers I’ve seen at Salop down the years alongside Joe Hart and Dean Henderson. Bloke was class for us when we had him on loan from Spurs. Got to assume it’s just a confidence thing going on as he is a really good keeper, especially for this level!

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I’m surprised as to why Button is doing so terrible at Reading. He’s up in the top 3 goalkeepers I’ve seen at Salop down the years alongside Joe Hart and Dean Henderson. Bloke was class for us when we had him on loan from Spurs. Got to assume it’s just a confidence thing going on as he is a really good keeper, especially for this level
Probably not used to being first choice. Dont think hes played many games over the last few years.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Derby let down a guy at my work from winning nearly 2 grand on an 8 fold acca, he was absolutely raging about it last night, ‘Cheltenham hadn’t even scored a fucking goal before that the useless wankers’ :lol:

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I’m done with accas
Every week there is a 0-0 to screw me over.
Yesterday it was the only 0-0 in league 2. Mansfield and Wimbledon.
Every other game came in on the both teams to score. What are the chances.
A grand gone thanks to that game.
Mugs game.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

He went over and apologised so I’m sure he got some pelters. But the anger was pretty indiscriminate and went on long after he’d fucked off towards the tunnel.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Delighted with the win today given our issues and that dreadful first half performance. We couldn't have complained if we were behind at the break as Vale were the better side but didn't take their chances.

Second half was a different story. As soon as the first went in, Vale crumbled and even if the penalty decision was dodgy (I didn't think he'd give it) - Vale never really looked liked threatening us and if Raggett could direct his headers more accurately, the scoreline really would have flattered us on balance of the whole 90 minutes.
This is hopefully the difference between us last season and this. We probably just about deserved to be losing at HT, although shots off target don't get you goals regardless of how many. Bloke hit the post and the lad plant's shot wide was close (although Norris must have got his positioning spot on as he didn't dive, just did the GK's sign for wide). Lane should have got a better contact on the cross and would have scored or Bishop had a tap in for slightly unfair lead at HT. I said at HT we've been in this position a ton of times. Got in around the home team, had some half decent chances and not scored them. We dominated second half completely. Vale's GK looked very suspect when Sparkes started putting in some good deep crosses, obviously one led to the goal. Bishop doesn't need many invites to finish from 2 yards. Watched the pen 100 times, cannot see how it was given, although the angle on ifollow isn't great. Be interested to see it from behind the goal. We had a dodgy hand ball pen decision against us up at Derby when we were on top, but I think at the time even if that's not given that first goal killed Vale as they worked hard first half. Ragget unlucky with the one off the line, but should score the 2nd chance. Difference between a side that will probably finish midtable and a side currently unbeaten in half a season and won 5 on the bounce.

Last edited:

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Derby let down a guy at my work from winning nearly 2 grand on an 8 fold acca, he was absolutely raging about it last night, ‘Cheltenham hadn’t even scored a fucking goal before that the useless wankers’ :lol:
Most seasoned gamblers would have avoided that one as law of averages dictate they were due a goal, especially when Chelts were at home

Last edited:

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Most seasoned gamblers would have avoided that one as law of averages dictate they were due a goal, especially when Chelts were at home
I haven’t gambled since my first kid was born (17 years) but when I did I once missed out on a ten fold only by Preston drawing 0-0 at home to Crewe.
Worst thing of all, Graham Alexander missed a last minute penalty to win it. :eek:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
This is hopefully the difference between us last season and this. We probably just about deserved to be losing at HT, although shots off target don't get you goals regardless of how many. Bloke hit the post and the lad plant's shot wide was close (although Norris must have got his positioning spot on as he didn't dive, just did the GK's sign for wide). Lane should have got a better contact on the cross and would have scored or Bishop had a tap in for slightly unfair lead at HT. I said at HT we've been in this position a ton of times. Got in around the home team, had some half decent chances and not scored them. We dominated second half completely. Vale's GK looked very suspect when Sparkes started putting in some good deep crosses, obviously one led to the goal. Bishop doesn't need many invites to finish from 2 yards. Watched the pen 100 times, cannot see how it was given, although the angle on ifollow isn't great. Be interested to see it from behind the goal. We had a dodgy hand ball pen decision against us up at Derby when we were on top, but I think at the time even if that's not given that first goal killed Vale as they worked hard first half. Ragget unlucky with the one off the line, but should score the 2nd chance. Difference between a side that will probably finish midtable and a side currently unbeaten in half a season and won 5 on the bounce.
To be honest the 500k striker is probably the difference but we are a work in progress at the moment, that said to start a central midfielder up front when you have two strikers on the bench was bonkers and a slap in the face to the 600 plus who travelled down.

The comments about the first goal killing us are a concern though as early season we were bouncing back well, turning deficits around to get a result, I guess if Wilson and Thomas get on at 1-0 theres a different mentality but we haven't scored for 3 games so need to sort it and fast and need Uche to hit the ground running.

Crosby is under a bit of pressure now after the last week.

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Hoping to get back on it tonight against Burton,after a couple of frustrating games where chances went begging to get us a better return. Hopefully playing them late last season will have primed the players for the physicality and gamesmanship that no doubt awaits us. It’s fair to say we are not Burton’s favourite team and also have previous with their manager so we know what to expect.
We now have players returning from injury in midfield so have real options to change things around upfront and in midfield. Looking forward to seeing Adam May paired up with George Thomas at some point, but tonight might not be the game to do it after such a long lay off as it will be a real physical battle. May will give us something more attacking, plus his penchant for long distance pile drivers from outside the box, is something we’ve really missed. Think we might just sneak a narrow win but it won’t be easy.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
To be honest the 500k striker is probably the difference but we are a work in progress at the moment, that said to start a central midfielder up front when you have two strikers on the bench was bonkers and a slap in the face to the 600 plus who travelled down.

The comments about the first goal killing us are a concern though as early season we were bouncing back well, turning deficits around to get a result, I guess if Wilson and Thomas get on at 1-0 theres a different mentality but we haven't scored for 3 games so need to sort it and fast and need Uche to hit the ground running.

Crosby is under a bit of pressure now after the last week.
Bishop scored 24 last season, but the rest of the team were pretty poor. Set pieces were poor and had hardly anyone who could cross with purpose. Last season Raggett and Towler were first choice CB, this season Poole and Shagnessy are first choice. Morrell has been excellent in the last 5 games, and we now have our own GK aswell. Also Mousinho has the backing of the squad more than Cowley did, and seems to be able to see games better tactically than Cowley could. There does seem to be a steely mentality from Mousinho. We've gone behind in 7 matches this season, but not onve has our heads gone down, the player almost grow and look more confident. Unbeaten in 23 league matches under Mousinho losing only to Peterborough, Plymouth, Barnsley away and Sheff Wed at home (end of last season) This feeds to the fans as last season if we played bad or went behind the crowd would get restless

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Bishop scored 24 last season, but the rest of the team were pretty poor. Set pieces were poor and had hardly anyone who could cross with purpose. Last season Raggett and Towler were first choice CB, this season Poole and Shagnessy are first choice. Morrell has been excellent in the last 5 games, and we now have our own GK aswell. Also Mousinho has the backing of the squad more than Cowley did, and seems to be able to see games better tactically than Cowley could. There does seem to be a steely mentality from Mousinho. We've gone behind in 7 matches this season, but not onve has our heads gone down, the player almost grow and look more confident. Unbeaten in 23 league matches under Mousinho losing only to Peterborough, Plymouth, Barnsley away and Sheff Wed at home (end of last season) This feeds to the fans as last season if we played bad or went behind the crowd would get restless
I meant the difference on the day, you had a 500k striker we had a midfielder up front hence we were wasteful on the multiple chances first half we had... multiple chances over the last few weeks to be fair!

We are very good between the boxes as we say every week, the football is great but like a jigsaw puzzle it goes to pieces in the box! If we can sort adding goals into what we do we will be flying but thats not an easy task.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
We’ve been woeful this half, don’t think burton have been that good but they’ve been sharper and certainly more up for it than what we are.

This must be a shocking game for a neutral to watch.

KTF

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Cambridge the complete opposite than against Reading, they've been very passive. That said, it's quite a slow tempo game full stop. Probably more L2/NL tempo than L1.

They've had the odd break through the middle of the pitch where a better side would have perhaps made it count.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I haven’t gambled since my first kid was born (17 years) but when I did I once missed out on a ten fold only by Preston drawing 0-0 at home to Crewe.
Worst thing of all, Graham Alexander missed a last minute penalty to win it. :eek:

Clayton Ince was my neighbour round that time and in goal for us that day. He loved bragging about being the first keeper not to concede a penalty by Graham Alexander.

I went that game and we got battered from what I can remember. Still don't know how we walked away with a point.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Getting the job done. Not pretty but I never expected it. We are functional at best.
Be good when Cole stockton is back in a couple of weeks.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Clayton Ince was my neighbour round that time and in goal for us that day. He loved bragging about being the first keeper not to concede a penalty by Graham Alexander.

I went that game and we got battered from what I can remember. Still don't know how we walked away with a point.
Cheers, I feel loads better now. :lol:

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We are so shit tonight, this is reminiscent of last season. Just seems to be no urgency or desire and we’ve been so easy to pick off - just attack left back Andrew and we fold.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I should make negative posts more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!