Saturday 13th August 2022

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
That 2nd yellow for Santos looks bizarre.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Santos is an odd one, i see all the praise and stuff but whenever he plays us he must send his carthorse twin! He’s got the turning circle of a combine harvester and we set up today to let him have the ball and press the wider centre halves knowing he wasn’t comfortable with it to feet.

One of those qwerks I guess!

As said they are a good side and would have taken a point before but feels two dropped in the circumstances.

That said although it was attack v defence much of the half Bolton were dangerous from set pieces and we had to throw a body on the line when we got caught napping and they got in behind.

Their keeper is class. That save from the corner was top drawer.

Overall though we looked much fitter and with Wilson and Worrall to come back it feels more positive than it did a week ago.

Both new signings look decent enough, keeper was steady, made a great save early on and a decent tip over and seemed assured. Harrison was a pest and caused them problems.

Bolton should be up there come May so it’s a bonus point I guess, but should have had a couple second half with better finishing and decisions.

Decent atmosphere too and didn’t see any trouble which was good to see.

On the save by Trafford someone posted a small clip from the Bycars of it. Brilliant reflexes to pull it off.

Also seems that Sammy Robinson wasn’t hurt he just didn’t make the matchday squad which is unlucky for him as he’s done really well. If we can find ourselves someone with a bit of pace and trickery up top I think we could be looking pretty decent. See if can back it up at MK midweek, they’ll be smarting after today so will be difficult.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
why and how?????????????
I've seen him 3 or 4 times now and each time I'm left more bewildered by Bolton fans claiming he could play higher.

He has the turning circle of a cruise ship, he gives the ball away regularly and looks as though he might fall over at any time. Literally the only thing he has going for him is he is big, but so was Andre the Giant but I wouldn't have put him at centre half.

Added to that, on today's evidence he appears to be thick as fuck. After being warned by the referee on a yellow card he was still shouting his mouth off and then decided to throw our player to the ground. You shouldn't be angry with the ref, you should be angry with him for being so stupid. The yellow card, he threw Smith to the ground....perhaps he is modelling himself on Andre the Giant.

Bolton worked very hard second half...they were absolutely blowing out of their arse near the end and the goalkeeper was fantastic. That save off a header was unbelievable. The whole ground thought it was in. Decent number 9 too but you'd expect them to have some quality with their budget. We just didn't quite stretch the game enough or have that killer touch when it mattered.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Shrews playing pure grindball, the bus is parked and the only attacking they’re interested in is hitting us on the break.

We’ve had 65% possession which tells you how little Shrews want the ball here, usually we have more like 40. That said Vokes is injured and we have no backup target man, so we’re playing it way more on the deck than usual.

Well, fair play to Shrewsbury, they did what we've done to many teams over the years, spoil and scrap and play for the set pieces - and it worked, we didn't defend well enough when it counted, and gave away a needless penalty.

We had lots of possession and decent shots but if you don't score, you don't win.

I'd like to see us bring in a striker and a GK before the window closes, but who knows how realistic that is.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Serious question.
Do Oxford fans ever post if they lose ?
Seem to be here a lot when they beat Cambridge. Nowhere to be seen today.
Just an observation like.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
As I say, had terrible view of game today on a poor stream so won't comment on that, but early stats actually had us top of a dangerous chances created table after two games! Maybe swapping Matt out for March today meant lacked his hold-up play, or maybe we came for the point.
We’ll be alright, we have created loads of chances in our other games this season.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We’ll be alright, we have created loads of chances in our other games this season.
Agreed, feel you will be okay. Just very lightweight up front. Wickham coming on really helped have some presence, just wonder how many games you'll get out of him!

Our next two home games are Fleetwood & Accrington. Will be interesting to compare.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Strange game at Sincil Bank today.

Felt Forest Green were a tidy team but were so lightweight up front. We had the best of the first 3/4 of the game. The subs for FGR changed the flow. Whilst they did score our goal, we were well worthy of the lead after especially dominant end of first half/ start of 2nd half with some great set pieces and saves by their goalie.

Garrick did well as he came on, hes clearly a fighter and has pace to burn. Eyoma struggled as the game went on and Wickham too strong as he held off the challenge to smash in the equaliser.

A good test in difficult conditions. Felt partially relieved as FT whistle went as FGR were getting better, but also frustrated we didnt hold out for the win. We had many chances today. Not sure why but was expecting a few more FGR than the 158 that came.
God help you if the likes of Stevenage/Crawley/Harrogate come up.

In the circumstances today they would have brought about 60 fans to you.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Agreed, feel you will be okay. Just very lightweight up front. Wickham coming on really helped have some presence, just wonder how many games you'll get out of him!

Our next two home games are Fleetwood & Accrington. Will be interesting to compare.
Definitely agree we need a real striker, just hoping Wickham can do it and not get injured!

Corbo

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I’ve started posting today to add to the legion of Oxford fans (sorry!). Think we tend to be a self reflective lot and all could see we weren’t at the races today. Although that Rovers fan was taking bollocks earlier about us being horrible. Trust me we wish we were, we’re a soft touch.
Serious question.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I’ve started posting today to add to the legion of Oxford fans (sorry!). Think we tend to be a self reflective lot and all could see we weren’t at the races today. Although that Rovers fan was taking bollocks earlier about us being horrible. Trust me we wish we were, we’re a soft touch.
You will be up there again this season don’t worry. Always top 8. Just need to break that glass ceiling.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Evatt really is a classless oik isn't he? Comfortably? We were more than holding our own 11 v 11 and it was pretty even I thought.

What I think has happened here is that 'mighty' Bolton thought they could roll into town and shove aside 'little old' Port Vale but then after about 10 minutes they realised it wasn't going to be the stroll in the park that they thought.

Cue sour grapes from Evatt, who has form for being a bit of a knob and making excuses for his own behaviour and that of his donkey centre half.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
God help you if the likes of Stevenage/Crawley/Harrogate come up.

In the circumstances today they would have brought about 60 fans to you.
No chance of them coming up, more chance of us going down! Been there done that, hopefully won't see it again for a few more seasons at least!

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers

Ours are Accrington (Tuesday) and Plymouth next Saturday...followed by Brighton in the Carabao the midweek after...that lot should provide a bit of a challenge.

Conor Wickham is probably the biggest name we have signed...at least since we joined the Football League...I also worry about his injury record but someone had the wisdom to just give him a six month contract, so not too concerned.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
First half you absolutely were. Should have finished that half with 9 men if not for an incompetent referee.

Genuinely curious to hear why Oxford fans think stamping on players or hitting players in the head whilst on top of them don’t warrant red cards.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports

Evatt really is a classless oik isn't he? Comfortably? We were more than holding our own 11 v 11 and it was pretty even I thought.

What I think has happened here is that 'mighty' Bolton thought they could roll into town and shove aside 'little old' Port Vale but then after about 10 minutes they realised it wasn't going to be the stroll in the park that they thought.

Cue sour grapes from Evatt, who has form for being a bit of a knob and making excuses for his own behaviour and that of his donkey centre half.

He can complain about it all he likes won’t change anything now. Santos was daft for the first yellow shoving Smith to the ground like that in full view of the ref. Following that prior to the second booking what people won’t have seen was the ref tell him “last chance” after he was involved in another off the ball incident just before and then decided to grab hold of Harrison’s shirt before he got rolled. Granted it looks soft but it was more a product of what happened before.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Rovers have managed the game very well and we’ve been toothless. Not too impressed by Rovers from a football perspective but I do think they’ll shithouse a few points this season. Another Wycombe!!
Not impressed by Oxford at all. Very poor side .

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Comfortable first half, but as soon as Barnsley got their goal via a deflection they really did put us on the back foot. They were very good in the final 30 minutes and we were just doing our best to hold on.

A similar script to other games we've played this season, where we play very well in the first and then come unstuck in the second. It's definitely coming together, though, lots to be positive about and it feels like we will definitely be competitive this season.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Love it, we’re clearly down on numbers but instead of admitting you’re not good enough - it’s our fault for shithousing them!

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
We were never out of the game today but, to be honest, Pompey never got out of second gear and didn't really need to.

Their first goal was criminal defending from our side and, whilst it's the clearest dive you'll ever see, Ryan Jackson attempting to tackle in the box gave their forward the opportunity to go down, and that was criminal in itself. So two mistakes and Portsmouth were in cruise control for the last half hour or so.

Despite the two mistakes, defensively we weren't bad today, but we had absolutely nothing in the middle or on the wings. We looked dangerous in the last 10 mins, but mainly because Pompey let us.

All in all, we move on.

Any players playing in that heat today deserve a bloody medal - I was suffering sitting in a shaded stand.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Just watching on the highlights show what the hell was that Cheltenham defender thinking bringing down the Portsmouth player in the box? He was going nowhere and decides to do that. If I was the Cheltenham manager I’d be transfer listing him for that alone.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
He can complain about it all he likes won’t change anything now. Santos was daft for the first yellow shoving Smith to the ground like that in full view of the ref. Following that prior to the second booking what people won’t have seen was the ref tell him “last chance” after he was involved in another off the ball incident just before and then decided to grab hold of Harrison’s shirt before he got rolled. Granted it looks soft but it was more a product of what happened before.
Guys a tool, always has been. We were relatively comfy at 11 v 11 bar the set pieces, had they been more open with 11 men we may have had more space up top so it’s here and there really.

Cant really argue the Santos decision as he could have been shown a second yellow seconds after the first for an elbow, and was warned after a further misdemeanour. It’s was obvious he was going to walk because he was a walking red card today.

Lets not forget an almost identical incident the other way also resulted in Forrester being booked so was consistent.

The image of the “goal” does look over though so maybe that was our karma for the decision last weekend but oddly Santos actually cleared the ball for us otherwise it hits the back of the net and no debate!

Was good to see the away end busy though, makes for a better atmosphere than 150 Barrow fans in it. Odd one before kick off with both sets of fans singing sweet Caroline!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Guys a tool, always has been. We were relatively comfy at 11 v 11 bar the set pieces, had they been more open with 11 men we may have had more space up top so it’s here and there really.

Cant really argue the Santos decision as he could have been shown a second yellow seconds after the first for an elbow, and was warned after a further misdemeanour. It’s was obvious he was going to walk because he was a walking red card today.

Lets not forget an almost identical incident the other way also resulted in Forrester being booked so was consistent.

The image of the “goal” does look over though so maybe that was our karma for the decision last weekend but oddly Santos actually cleared the ball for us otherwise it hits the back of the net and no debate!

Was good to see the away end busy though, makes for a better atmosphere than 150 Barrow fans in it. Odd one before kick off with both sets of fans singing sweet Caroline!
It was a good old fashioned atmosphere...I enjoyed it.

Evatt should actually be taking the blame. Any other manager worth their salt would have seen that Santos was a red card waiting to happen....he was even warned by the ref. He should have been hauled off them. Rookie mistake by Evatt. Clough did similar in our play off final.

What happened to 'we'll never play you again ' by the way?

AmberRich

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Thought it was a deserved three points in the end from us (Cambridge). The goal we conceded was woefully bad defending from Jones, and before then we had the two best chances which we somehow didn't score from. Simply weren't clinical enough in the first half.

Think we stepped up in the second half. Combination of our subs, particularly Tracey, and also having the luxury of being able to rest our players in the week aided us in our comeback. Moving the league cup game against Millwall forward by a week was a smart move, especially with the heat today.

Exeter aren't a bad side, they should be comfortably mid table this season. Which I'm sure their fans will be happy with.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Serious question.
I’m not entirely sure that’s accurate. You might just want to flick back a couple of pages. I can see at least four posters (myself included!).

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It was a good old fashioned atmosphere...I enjoyed it.

Evatt should actually be taking the blame. Any other manager worth their salt would have seen that Santos was a red card waiting to happen....he was even warned by the ref. He should have been hauled off them. Rookie mistake by Evatt. Clough did similar in our play off final.

What happened to 'we'll never play you again ' by the way?
Think she got brought up a few times after the 6-3! Fourth time we’ve met since funny old game!

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Our next two look arguably, Ipswich excepted, our toughest away days of the season, I'd take 3 points from the 6 right now, if we end up at 5pm next Saturday still undefeated then you'd be happy going into ending August with Fleetwood at home but this league can trip you up at anytime.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
First half you absolutely were. Should have finished that half with 9 men if not for an incompetent referee.

Genuinely curious to hear why Oxford fans think stamping on players or hitting players in the head whilst on top of them don’t warrant red cards.
I would agree if that happened. But it didn’t? Never mind. Best of luck for the season.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
In fairness, two not very good sides. It just looked like two bottom half sides with nothing to offer.

We offer absolutely nothing right now and it’s not surprising. We won’t concede many but we just won’t score as we are currently set up. We also don’t have the right personnel to threaten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!