Saturday 13th August

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
What an end to the game, never gave up and got a deserved point in the 10th minute of stoppage time.

We fell behind after about 15 minutes, didn't deal with the throw-in, the ball was flicked on and Johnson was the quickest to react, well he was the only one to react, was almost like the players thought the game had stopped, he swiveled and rifled the ball home inside the 6 yard box. For the rest of the half I felt we were the better side, didn't create a mass of opportunities but went close when Taylor prodded a near post effort towards goal, well saved by their keeper.

Two changes at the break, seemed to have the desired effect, came out of the blocks quickly second half but again was a case of looking like the side in the ascendancy without really creating too much. A lot of threatening situations but little end product, played into Walsall's hands, direct football, into their three centre halves, was bread and butter for them most of the afternoon. Walsall could have sealed the game, there was a 10-15 minute window where they seemed to take control of the game, capitalising on some sloppy football by ourselves. Johnson should have made it 2-0 from a Williams cross but he was stretching and only helped it wide.

Even though we pressed towards the latter stages I felt we were a little too predictable, the guys at the back for Walsall were first to a lot of the balls into the box, and it seemed like they were managing the game well which made it an incredibly frustrating watch. Despite their centre backs dealing with a lot of the balls into the area, our goal came from a deep cross to the back post, their keeper goes walkabout and Danny Rose like a salmon to head home and send us Boro fans home happy!
Thought you were good value for a point our defence is much more solid this season and almost held out you will do fine from what i saw today at least mid table which would be a big improvement for you wouldnt it?

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Losing at leyton orient simply isnr great like that - the players and the manager need to go away and sort this as a matter of urgency. Orient had absolutely nothing about them and yet we’ve fell for a classic fuck up.

Should have been out of sight yet we lost, it needs to be sorted like now.

such a repeat isn’t expected

the above isn’t aimed at orient at all, they’ve just won a game that with respect they should have lost and lost handsomely

Last edited:

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Unbelievable goal line clearance to keep out Rochdale in our game today, unfortunately for Rochdale it was from one of their own players.:lol:

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
One thing I’ve noticed since being back in this league from watching the highlights show is the amount of sitters missed by numerous teams.
Those 2 from Carlisle today were unbelievable especially the second one where he puts it over the bar.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Losing at leyton orient simply isn’t acceptable, the players and the manager need to go away and sort this as a matter of urgency. Orient had absolutely nothing about them and yet we’ve fell for a classic fuck up.

Should have been out of sight against a side which with respect as well off what we putting out and yet we lost, it needs to be sorted like now.

such a repeat isn’t expected

the above isn’t aimed at orient at all, they’ve just won a game that with respect they should have lost and lost handsomely
But with respect, they didn’t lose.

But with respect, you did.

So with respect, stop crying about it.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Good win against Hartlepool. Relatively comfortable in some horrendous heat. Not sure how Hartlepool’s defender wasn’t sent off after his handball off the line, even though we scored. The new ref had a decent game up to that point.
Destined never to get anything at yours

We deserved a point, not that we were particularly great or owt but Umerah missed two big chances and if he'd got one of them who knows. You can also thank Killip for your second goal. Northampton for me not as strong as last season, was expecting their high press and loads of dark arts but didn't see much of that side.

There is some progress, i'm reasonably satisfied with that back 5 but it's midfield and attack that are the biggest concerns. Cooke has a good through ball and set piece delivery on him but he's not a runner and neither is Featherstone or Sylla. Featherstone for me looks off the pace, quite easy to close down these days and not been as effective on the ball. Sylla is a classic enforcer type, I'd possibly bring in Shelton, you know he'll get up and down the pitch and that's vital in a 3 man midfield. In attack,Umerah is a real handful and should start every week. He needs a poacher alongside him, not Hastie who looks all fart and no fire to me.

Hartley still talking about bring players in, I think we've brought in too many, quantity over quality and it's clear after a few games he doesn't fancy some of them. He keeps bringing wingers in but what's the point of that if we're playing 532? Even one of the players midweek said it's been difficult to gel with all the new signings, especially as most haven't played this level before.

Overall, i dont think we're certainties to go down, we are competitive but we do lack in three or four areas. As it stands we'll be in or around the bottom six. Two home games coming up, we really to win at least one of them.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town

We deserved a point, not that we were particularly great or owt but Umerah missed two big chances and if he'd got one of them who knows. You can also thank Killip for your second goal. Northampton for me not as strong as last season, was expecting their high press and loads of dark arts but didn't see much of that side.

There is some progress, i'm reasonably satisfied with that back 5 but it's midfield and attack that are the biggest concerns. Cooke has a good through ball and set piece delivery on him but he's not a runner and neither is Featherstone or Sylla. Featherstone for me looks off the pace, quite easy to close down these days and not been as effective on the ball. Sylla is a classic enforcer type, I'd possibly bring in Shelton, you know he'll get up and down the pitch and that's vital in a 3 man midfield. In attack,Umerah is a real handful and should start every week. He needs a poacher alongside him, not Hastie who looks all fart and no fire to me.

Hartley still talking about bring players in, I think we've brought in too many, quantity over quality and it's clear after a few games he doesn't fancy some of them. He keeps bringing wingers in but what's the point of that if we're playing 532? Even one of the players midweek said it's been difficult to gel with all the new signings, especially as most haven't played this level before.

Overall, i dont think we're certainties to go down, we are competitive but we do lack in three or four areas. As it stands we'll be in or around the bottom six. Two home games coming up, we really to win at least one of them.

Brady said after they ditched the high press today due to the heat. Was fucking miserable to watch a game in tbf let alone play in.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Well I'm sure Doncaster have enjoyed there last couple of visits to Plough lane. !! Typical of us to throw a lead away. We did it so many times last season I lost count.
We were the better side in the first 45, in fact it’s the best performance we have had so far, given we are still without 5 first team players. Second half Wimbledon were the better side but I’m loving this never say die attitude and we do very nearly took all 3 points at the end. I think a draw was a fair reflection of the game overall but I’m sure Wimbledon like Sutton will be thinking how did we not win with only 10 minutes to go

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

I think this is gonna be a season too long for Featherstone, much like Liddle last season, gets closed down so much quicker than he did in the National League, his neat turns and touches get punished a lot more, we've already seen him get his pocket pinched a few times and we're three games in.

Umerah should've scored immediately after Northampton got the second, he hits it too well, if he scuffs the fucker it bobbles in past the keeper, hit it sweetly and the keeper was just in the right place at the right time, just hits him.

I dunno what else Hartley wants to bring in, defensively we have the numbers in every position, plenty in the centre, we're now stacked with wide players, Hastie, Gray, Ndjoli, McDonald, Taylor, it should be just a striker, not a wide man/winger, a pacy striker, spend some dough, bring in a little bit of quality and it really could make the difference in our season.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
If I have found one massive positive from Carlisle in the 3 games
So far it is the amount of good chances we create, not just shots from about box, but the movement into extremely good positions, probably should have had a good 5-6 more goals.

The worry is morale will drop if we don’t convert them soon, but if they can keep the creativity and then the forwards get match fit it could lead to a glut of goals.

They probably need a game where they thump someone for confidence.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Agree about the midfield, we have the numbers in there but a lot of them are too similar and we just don’t have the legs in that current 3.

For me Feath needs some time out of the team. IMO Cook should be given more of a free role as he can’t really run but he has the ability to pick out a key pass. Sylla should be the CDM, with Crawford/Shelton in there as the legs getting about the pitch.

Not impressed with what I’ve seen of Niang at all, likes a tackle but he offers absolutely nothing else, his touch is abysmal and he couldn’t pass water.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Johnson scored again 5 in 4 now do you really have better than him?

He’s definitely capable of getting a decent goal return but DJ is purely a poacher, we press high and require a lot of energy something he does not offer. The mistake we have made is not signing a replacement yet but we are trying.

Remember it was this time last season you were saying the same thing about Rollin. Patience is required sometimes to find out the reality! I hope DJ does well either way so we can cash in.

Koumas’Right-Boot

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Yes agree with the above. DJ is a decent poacher but his all round game is lacking and teams with higher budgets will be looking to get more potential attributes out of their strikers.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Agree about the midfield, we have the numbers in there but a lot of them are too similar and we just don’t have the legs in that current 3.

For me Feath needs some time out of the team. IMO Cook should be given more of a free role as he can’t really run but he has the ability to pick out a key pass. Sylla should be the CDM, with Crawford/Shelton in there as the legs getting about the pitch.

Not impressed with what I’ve seen of Niang at all, likes a tackle but he offers absolutely nothing else, his touch is abysmal and he couldn’t pass water.
Sylla and Niang are similar players but the former is definitely better, liked the look of him to be honest. I agree with your midfield 3, I think Cooke should stay in there, he doesn't make runs to support the front men but can pass, his corner/free kick deliveries are the best we have in the side so he should play. Bring Shelton in, he pops up in the area at times as well offering work rate box to box. He's hardly going to set the league alight but his energy allows us to up the tempo a bit. Crawford possible. Umerah needs a go with either that Livingston striker or Grey when he's fit. We might have a chance with that although instead of all the wingers we brought in we should've gone for a natural penalty box player, someone who doesn't do much but gets on the end of stuff. The recruitment has been shabby but it is what it is and we have to find something effective with what we've got.

James Frost

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Great finish for Bradford's goal, pathetic defending. There's no excuse for not closing down the player on the edge of the area 7 minutes in to the game no matter how hot it was.

I don't think the squad is currently good enough, it's missing a quality central defender and central midfielder, that was evident before the summer.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
No he's right, losing at Orient is quite simply unacceptable for a club of Mansfield's stature.

There’s a couple of Mansfield fans on here who have a really weird thing about losing to Orient. You’d think they’d be used to it, considering it happens so often.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Thought Harlepool's number 9 (Umerah possibly?) looked good, caused Magloire all sorts of problems. Although I dont rate Magloire so not massively surprised, overly reliant on his lightning pace but does not know when to attack the ball or just jockey.

Agree with the post above, we are not nearly as solid this season. Both Magloire and Sherring are different types of defenders to Horsfall, neither nearly as dominant, but hope Sherring is back fit soon.

All the goals were extremely scrappy. Think we will get better in the coming weeks as the team starts to gel. It was blisteringly hot so the team did not press as we normally would try to do. Hope Leonard starts on Tuesday, made us tick when he came on at half time.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
There’s a couple of Mansfield fans on here who have a really weird thing about losing to Orient. You’d think they’d be used to it, considering it happens so often.

Name em youth don’t be shy. Make sure it’s a couple though.

Last edited:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Oooh. What a shot. Adam Stag desperate for the bell to go here, his legs have completely buckled.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Get shot? Ridiculous. It’s been 3 games. Get a grip man
Unfortunately this is typical of the modern day supporter that uses Social media. Lose a couple of games early on and they think the season is over. Good job Joey did'nt think like that last season when we also started very slowly. For what its worth -- With a couple of additions I reckon you will be in the mix come the end of the season.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
They are bit weird full stop.

They seem to think Mansfield is some huge club for this level. Leyton Orient are a substantially bigger club.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Adam Stag. Love him but he thinks the Stags are Juve and that Mansfield is Vancouver or somewhere.

I know he’s one of them I’m just trying to figure out the others :lol:

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
We were the better side in the first 45, in fact it’s the best performance we have had so far, given we are still without 5 first team players. Second half Wimbledon were the better side but I’m loving this never say die attitude and we do very nearly took all 3 points at the end. I think a draw was a fair reflection of the game overall but I’m sure Wimbledon like Sutton will be thinking how did we not win with only 10 minutes to go
I can't disagree with any of that. Your comeback against Sutton last week raised a few alarm bells so I was relieved to get a point. I'd like to see footage of our disallowed goal because many of us who were behind the goal didn't have a clue why.

I was selling programmes by the club shop and sold quite a few to Donny supporters. A very friendly bunch.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Great finish for Bradford's goal, pathetic defending. There's no excuse for not closing down the player on the edge of the area 7 minutes in to the game no matter how hot it was.

I don't think the squad is currently good enough, it's missing a quality central defender and central midfielder, that was evident before the summer.

I'd say the second goal was even worse. 'Keeper doesn't cover himself in glory either!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!