Saturday 14th & Monday 16th January 2023

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
You can only beat what is infront of you. Well done.
We are fown. Unless we sack this clown tonight. Which we won’t.
You've gone and conceded 11 since you beat us 3-0 on Boxing Day - and guess who you have next week...!

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Our game sounded a tough watch, I think there was only one save in the game.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Only just seen Robson assisted Garrick for FGR's goal today, couldn't make it up could you. :lol:

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Lincoln revived....

Robson especially looked pretty good today (of our other newcomers Brandon Cooper too), and Garrick scoring on first appearance counts for something, but it really wasn't a high quality match overall, far from it. And even when it finally got going the play was still pretty scrappy...

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Good win for us in the end, didn’t see as much of the game as I would’ve liked but happy with how we responded conceding an early goal.

After 5 clean sheets on the bounce, 3 goals conceded in the last 11 games, it must’ve been disappointing to go down early on. Nevertheless, they stepped up and did enough on the day. It gives us a bit of breathing room ahead of 7th (with a game in hand) and now 17 unbeaten.

Big game next week, I’d imagine there will be an appetite for it so I’d not be surprised to see a big crowd, perhaps in excess of 30,000. If not closer to a sell out. Bolton don’t concede many and we drew 0-0 at their place in a fairly even game not too long ago, hopefully we can make home advantage count.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Plymouth well and truly got away with one there, we're the better team without question despite not being at our brilliant best. 7 point gap with a game in hand and 20 to play though - need to stop these pesky draws!
Got away with one? We matched you man for man and fluffed the easiest chance of the game. I have seen some bizarre, blinkered views from a small fragment of Ipswich fans this season but I think this really does trump the lot. Got away with one hahahaha

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Exeter trying hard not to score.

Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
England
Exeter trying hard not to score.

Usually its teams at top of table or on winning run who get that sort of good fortune, so it might be the start of a FGR run out of the relegation area. Who knows!

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Got away with one? We matched you man for man and fluffed the easiest chance of the game. I have seen some bizarre, blinkered views from a small fragment of Ipswich fans this season but I think this really does trump the lot. Got away with one hahahaha
Every fanbase has its idiots and ours usually frequent Owlstalk.

I like reading other clubs forums and have for years, gives you a perspective of their club and often your own, the Wycombe forum being very complimentary of us yesterday rather than the usual got lucky, or it was a fluke shot etc

I think some Ipswich fans have got caught up, and after their previous 15 seasons or so who can blame then, in the hype of their transformation under McKenna and have gone OTT, TWTD was awash with some hyperbole from September onwards and some are still on that band wagon.

Come May the best 2 teams over 46 games will be promoted, I am hoping it is us with yourselves just to give a bit of humility to Ipswich fans but I then hope they come up too cos it would take some collapse from any of the 3 to offer a sniff to the sides below to suggest they deserve promotion.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle

I like reading other clubs forums and have for years, gives you a perspective of their club and often your own, the Wycombe forum being very complimentary of us yesterday rather than the usual got lucky, or it was a fluke shot etc

I think some Ipswich fans have got caught up, and after their previous 15 seasons or so who can blame then, in the hype of their transformation under McKenna and have gone OTT, TWTD was awash with some hyperbole from September onwards and some are still on that band wagon.

Come May the best 2 teams over 46 games will be promoted, I am hoping it is us with yourselves just to give a bit of humility to Ipswich fans but I then hope they come up too cos it would take some collapse from any of the 3 to offer a sniff to the sides below to suggest they deserve promotion.
Oh I agree entirely, from an Argyle point of view we have continually been written off from the start but I think the tide is turning slightly and certain fanbases (ITFC) are starting to see that we are at the top (for the time being) on merit and not out of fortune. Yes we may still fall off but unfortunately one of the three best sides in the league will have to go through the playoffs and we all know how much of a minefield that can be.

Certainly a huge 30 days or so for all three clubs with some seriously difficult fixtures, be interested to see where we all sit come the middle of feb.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Definitely wouldn't write Derby off as an autos contender. They're a way off at the moment but Warne has got them cooking and it ain't his first rodeo.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)

Yes of course, but the reason three Argyle fans have jumped on one poster is that on this forum there are only a few posters from each club. And so one poster can have a very disproportionate impact. The first two posts relating to the game said at half time we are dominating (you barely touched the ball for 20 minutes) and at full time we dominated (no you you didn’t). Such a strident opinion might influence the views of those not at the game on this forum. Let’s face it Ipswich have indeed dominated nearly all their games, this was, however, even. I guess in future I need to add one more, to a very small number, of posters on this forum whose views are taken with a pot of salt.

i don’t expect us to agree on all aspects of a match, but presenting a narrative that is from a parallel planet is likely to get heavily rebutted.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The top 3 are baked in I reckon but Derby are on a bit of a roll. Thought Wednesday were the best at stopping us playing, not scintillating but functional enough with that bit of quality when it mattered. Ipswich were the best team we have played, Plymouth weren't great but seemed to have picked up again now. Bolton too inconsistent but will be in the playoffs.

I think there's only 1 play off spot up for grabs now realistically unless one of the teas in 4th or 5th has a stinker. My gut is that they'll pick up enough points.

Would love us to be this year's Wycombe but just don't think we are quite good enough. Excited to see what the addition of 3 or 4 quality players in the summer might do because we're not a million miles away

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Funny game football, I know it was early in the season but Plymouth are the worst side we’ve played this season and I doubt that’ll change.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Yes of course, but the reason three Argyle fans have jumped on one poster is that on this forum there are only a few posters from each club. And so one poster can have a very disproportionate impact. The first two posts relating to the game said at half time we are dominating (you barely touched the ball for 20 minutes) and at full time we dominated (no you you didn’t). Such a strident opinion might influence the views of those not at the game on this forum. Let’s face it Ipswich have indeed dominated nearly all their games, this was, however, even. I guess in future I need to add one more, to a very small number, of posters on this forum whose views are taken with a pot of salt.

i don’t expect us to agree on all aspects of a match, but presenting a narrative that is from a parallel planet is likely to get heavily rebutted.
You're Argyle this week, not West Ham, given the results that understandable

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Definitely wouldn't write Derby off as an autos contender. They're a way off at the moment but Warne has got them cooking and it ain't his first rodeo.
I think the gap is too much for them to close in the run in.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Funny game football, I know it was early in the season but Plymouth are the worst side we’ve played this season and I doubt that’ll change.
Know what you mean. We beat Sunderland 6-0 less than 12 months ago and they’re only 3 points off the championship playoffs now.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The top 3 are baked in I reckon but Derby are on a bit of a roll. Thought Wednesday were the best at stopping us playing, not scintillating but functional enough with that bit of quality when it mattered. Ipswich were the best team we have played, Plymouth weren't great but seemed to have picked up again now. Bolton too inconsistent but will be in the playoffs.

I think there's only 1 play off spot up for grabs now realistically unless one of the teas in 4th or 5th has a stinker. My gut is that they'll pick up enough points.

Would love us to be this year's Wycombe but just don't think we are quite good enough. Excited to see what the addition of 3 or 4 quality players in the summer might do because we're not a million miles away
Too soon for us to be making the play offs. Imagine if we went and won them? Would probably be more damaging long term.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Know what you mean. We beat Sunderland 6-0 less than 12 months ago and they’re only 3 points off the championship playoffs now.
Shows how weak the league above is at present.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
We were so bad that day so this doesn’t come as a shock I must admit. Its a weird one really but apart from what I have seen from Derby fans, most other supporters havn't been impressed with us at all which is bizarre for a team who have been around the top for most of the season.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
We were so bad that day so this doesn’t come as a shock I must admit. Its a weird one really but apart from what I have seen from Derby fans, most other supporters havn't been impressed with us at all which is bizarre for a team who have been around the top for most of the season.
I think our lot were impressed with you but were also pissed off we managed to lose a game we didn't deserve to. Schumacher has a canny knack of getting results from games when you perhaps shouldn't which is a great trait to have.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Shows how weak the league above is at present.
They have kicked on to be fair and players like Amad Diallo make a huge difference but it’s pretty close from playoffs down to below half way. Wigan and Rotherham haven’t really kicked on at all and expect 1 or both to be coming straight back down.

Whoever goes up from league 1 this season will need some decent investment to be away from the relegation battle next season.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

Yeah you’ve obviously improved drastically since that night and well, we went the complete opposite way. Don’t think you’ve lost away since?

I think you’ll find that’s football fans for you, “Yeah, they beat us 3-0 but they were nothing special” etc. The table doesn’t lie, certainly not to the extent to say that Plymouth, Wednesday and Ipswich aren’t clearly the best 3 sides in the league currently.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I think our lot were impressed with you but were also pissed off we managed to lose a game we didn't deserve to. Schumacher has a canny knack of getting results from games when you perhaps shouldn't which is a great trait to have.
Same with Plymouth against us. We should have won the home game for sure. We played well for large spells away but we can never seem to find a way past Cooper. As you say it’s a great trait to have.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Yeah very true, both Wednesday and Bolton had long spells of pressure at Home Park and Cooper probably kept us in both games. It was getting to the point where every attacking change Schumacher made seemed to positively influence the game, you will be glad to hear that things have slightly calmed down since then but he still very rarely gets things wrong.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
They have kicked on to be fair and players like Amad Diallo make a huge difference but it’s pretty close from playoffs down to below half way. Wigan and Rotherham haven’t really kicked on at all and expect 1 or both to be coming straight back down.

Whoever goes up from league 1 this season will need some decent investment to be away from the relegation battle next season.
I disagree, outside the parachute money group
there's fuck all between the rest, look at Reading, Coventry, Millwall and Luton etc they haven't spent much but could make the top six with a fair wind, Rotherham pumped Blackburn 4-0 yesterday.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I disagree, outside the parachute money group
there's fuck all between the rest, look at Reading, Coventry, Millwall and Luton etc they haven't spent much but could make the top six with a fair wind, Rotherham pumped Blackburn 4-0 yesterday.
And that was their first win since beginning of November. I agree there isn’t much in it and it’s not a certainty that you’d need investment but it wasn’t that long ago that you said you were playing shit but scraping wins. And Plymouth fans admitting that they are being outplayed in some games and their gk is keeping them in games. You don’t get away with that in the championship over 46 games.

In order to be truly competitive in that pack you need to spend money. If you don’t you might not come back down first season but you will eventually get found out. Also certainly in our case and Plymouth’s case we have several loans who we would have to replace if we went up. Not sure how many loans you and Ipswich have that play regularly to be honest.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
So if you had a choice, Walton or Cooper?
Trafford !!
Good win for us in the end, didn’t see as much of the game as I would’ve liked but happy with how we responded conceding an early goal.

After 5 clean sheets on the bounce, 3 goals conceded in the last 11 games, it must’ve been disappointing to go down early on. Nevertheless, they stepped up and did enough on the day. It gives us a bit of breathing room ahead of 7th (with a game in hand) and now 17 unbeaten.

Big game next week, I’d imagine there will be an appetite for it so I’d not be surprised to see a big crowd, perhaps in excess of 30,000. If not closer to a sell out. Bolton don’t concede many and we drew 0-0 at their place in a fairly even game not too long ago, hopefully we can make home advantage count.
See perhaps one goal winning this
And that was their first win since beginning of November. I agree there isn’t much in it and it’s not a certainty that you’d need investment but it wasn’t that long ago that you said you were playing shit but scraping wins. And Plymouth fans admitting that they are being outplayed in some games and their gk is keeping them in games. You don’t get away with that in the championship over 46 games.

In order to be truly competitive in that pack you need to spend money. If you don’t you might not come back down first season but you will eventually get found out. Also certainly in our case and Plymouth’s case we have several loans who we would have to replace if we went up. Not sure how many loans you and Ipswich have that play regularly to be honest.
Certainly we need to get promoted to the championship to have any chance of keeping Trafford or Bradley

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday

Reece James is our only regular loanee now, we would need a few incoming but nothing that would cost excessive unlike previous stints, the arse has fallen out of the market at that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!