Saturday 17th September

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Must admit i’d have thought orient and barrow will have started to fall away by now, and they probably still will, but impressive wins for them both today.

Fuck me your bizarre anti-Orient schtick is tedious.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Anyhoo, a low-margin game in E10 with very few chances. Decided by a couple of moments of class from Tom James and George Moncur in the build up to our goal. We just have the quality to decide games in decisive moments. Promising stuff.

Walsall dropped off after a decent first half and offered absolutely nothing going forward even after going behind. Johnson was the absolute fraud of a footballer he always is. Thought Maddox and - particularly - Monthe had good games.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Gillingham must be the poorest side in this league. If folk say Pool and Dale are worst then they must be shockingly bad.

Lancs@(Bantam)

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I'd not looked at any results from today from any league, but after finally sitting down with a beer after a chaotic day, I thought I'd best take a look after reading this thread, totally not shocked at HMS Stockport piss the league have struggled again. After the hype on their promotion about how strong they will be again in L2, In most cases of L2 history they no doubt would be a strong outfit, but I must say in their defence this season is a bit of a crazy one imo, as I've never known so many teams make so many strong signings and so many teams improving. I think L2 this season is the strongest I've ever known. A good few sides this season will miss out on promotion to L1 despite all probably being plenty strong enough to hold their own in their. The quality in L2 is rapidly improving.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Apparently our start after 9 games at this level is a new record, which was previously held by Bournemouth whom had a record of 8-0-1. We have 8-1-0.

Only down hill from here.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
An unexpectedly excellent performance for us at Salford, who we seem to have the Indian sign over.

Salford had 75% possession but did not register a shot on target, largely because we switched to a basic 442 and put in a superb defensive display. Simeu and Turnbull played as a pair in the centre of defence for the first time and have the making of a very good partnership.

We created numerous chances, and only luck, some superb saves from their keeper, and the woodwork prevented us winning by the two or three goal margin we deserved.

We have got a lot of youngsters in the side, so we could still be up and down in the weeks ahead, but that was probably the best ninety minute performance we have put in this season. Like a Micky Mellon team of old.

Lancs@(Bantam)

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
An unexpectedly excellent performance for us at Salford, who we seem to have the Indian sign over.

Salford had 75% possession but did not register a shot on target, largely because we switched to a basic 442 and put in a superb defensive display. Simeu and Turnbull played as a pair in the centre of defence for the first time and have the making of a very good partnership.

We created numerous chances, and only luck, some superb saves from their keeper, and the woodwork prevented us winning by the two or three goal margin we deserved.

We have got a lot of youngsters in the side, so we could still be up and down in the weeks ahead, but that was probably the best ninety minute performance we have put in this season. Like a Micky Mellon team of old.
A great result for you guys today obviously without doubt, but tbh I don't see it as a shock at all despite your disappointing league position thus far from your point of view I'm sure. You gave us one hell of a battle Tuesday and although many of our lot will say we wern't at our best, but I'd say that was hugely down to you not allowing us to be, it was a coin flip of a game and could of gone either way, but you definitely showed strength and quality way above your league position, I'm glad our away game at yours is out the way deffo.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Ground out another home win, this one today was easily the biggest slog of the season because of the way Walsall set up against us, mainly with everyone behind the ball inside their own half. Thought for the first 30mins they carried a threat with balls going into the box and set plays but no clear chances created.

Apart from the very first minute when Sotiriou didn't get his head up to square Kelman for a tap in, no chances and a dull game.

Second half we managed to get George Moncur on the ball for a period and he managed to create himself some space to set up Beckles for the tap in, which was literally the only chance of the second half.

From then on we managed the game out very well again, Walsall got into our box once all second half and Abraham couldn't get the ball form under his feet to get a shot away. Vigs rarely touched the ball in the second half, once we scored I never felt Walsall could switch mentality to find a goal.

We played the same side as Tuesday and maybe some tiredness in our ranks because our energy levels weren't what they usually are, but we found a way to win the game against stubborn opponents.

Walsall I thought were very average and carried out their gameplay well, but they didn't threaten enough. Alot of pissed off away fans at the end with a few choice words. Flynn was very quick down the tunnel at the end.
Honeymoon w
Anyhoo, a low-margin game in E10 with very few chances. Decided by a couple of moments of class from Tom James and George Moncur in the build up to our goal. We just have the quality to decide games in decisive moments. Promising stuff.

Walsall dropped off after a decent first half and offered absolutely nothing going forward even after going behind. Johnson was the absolute fraud of a footballer he always is. Thought Maddox and - particularly - Monthe had good games.
Thought we were crap tbh never looked like scoring Flynns honeymoon here is over fans calling for his head already online another shit season will not be accepted he has gone for quantity over quality and its not working so far Moncur was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch for me.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Apparently our start after 9 games at this level is a new record, which was previously held by Bournemouth whom had a record of 8-0-1. We have 8-1-0.

don't worry - you've got us next.... we've had an awful start..... 7-0-2

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It's more difficult but in a boring, mundane way. The teams we play don't actually seem that good, they don't really impress from a footballing point of view but they do the basics better than NL which you would expect.
Agree with that it is much harder to dominate teams to the extent that you can in NL. The standard of football isn't hugely better but teams are fitter, stronger, more organised and have a bit more quality in both boxes.

It is quite mundane here, you're playing teams of similar size, you've played the same game 100s of times in your history. There's more at stake down there as everyone is so desperate to get out and throw ludicrous coin at it. Then you've got loads of tinpot non entities doing tinpot things, theres always something happening - more entertaining in a way. I wouldn't want to go back mind.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town

Will make it even more painful when you fall away

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared

Didn’t you have a similar start when you won the National League? Results wise you’re looking pretty ominous already

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
The promoted teams from last season aren’t pulling up many trees in L1. FGR and BRovers both in bottom 4. Exeter are pure meh. Vale doing OK, I suppose.

Somebody posted earlier that they thought the quality in L2 this season is high. I think the opposite. We’re no great shakes atm, but we’ve played some right old ropey sides so far.

Donny yesterday were beyond awful. It makes it very difficult to gauge if your own side is any good or just best of a bad bunch.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
I thought we were poor today. I watched a replay of Tuesdays match and we were decent, we definitely went down a level from that today and it was a quite awful watch really, not helped by a terrible referee.

But I agree, we’ll have enough to stay up. Defensively we’re solid enough for that, even when we don’t play well. Although I don’t think performances like today will be enough to beat top half sides.

What an odd bod you are!

We drew 0-0 on Tuesday night and wasted a couple of glorious chances to win it. Yesterday we won as we put our chances away and thoroughly deserved the win and yet you still have something fucking shit to say about us.

If you want to support a team who wins every game 'convincingly' then go and support Man City..

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
What an odd bod you are!

We drew 0-0 on Tuesday night and wasted a couple of glorious chances to win it. Yesterday we won as we put our chances away and thoroughly deserved the win and yet you still have something fucking shit to say about us.

If you want to support a team who wins every game 'convincingly' then go and support Man City..

I’m talking about performance not result you nitwit.

Our performance in the 0-0 (to a better team than Wimbledon I might add) was better than the one we put in yesterday.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
I’m talking about performance not result you nitwit.

Our performance in the 0-0 (to a better team than Wimbledon I might add) was better than the one we put in yesterday.

It's a results business, we scored goals and won this time, so enjoy it you insufferable bore.

Reactions: loz

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Will make it even more painful when you fall away
Why should they fall away? They are continuing where they left off last season. Obviously they will have a poor spell sometime but so will every other team.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
It's a results business, we scored goals and won this time, so enjoy it you insufferable bore.
I enjoyed the result you polecat. I just didn’t think the performance was great and if we’re going to have this surge up the table that you keep talking about, we will have to improve.

The difference between you and I is that whilst Ive come to expect mediocre/shite from us, I do demand better and won’t be happy until we start producing good football, better performances and ultimately a better position in the table. I know that’s unlikely with the current owners but it’s still a thing I strive for. Where as you seem delighted with everything even when we’re stagnating and the standard of our football is poor, just so long as we get a win once a month. Doesn’t matter about the bigger picture with you does it.

TheDon

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
I enjoyed the result you polecat. I just didn’t think the performance was great and if we’re going to have this surge up the table that you keep talking about, we will have to improve.

The difference between you and I is that whilst Ive come to expect mediocre/shite from us, I do demand better and won’t be happy until we start producing good football, better performances and ultimately a better position in the table. I know that’s unlikely with the current owners but it’s still a thing I strive for. Where as you seem delighted with everything even when we’re stagnating and the standard of our football is poor, just so long as we get a win once a month. Doesn’t matter about the bigger picture with you does it.
Nitwit, polecat, insufferable bore! Steady on lads, steady on!

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
The promoted teams from last season aren’t pulling up many trees in L1. FGR and BRovers both in bottom 4. Exeter are pure meh. Vale doing OK, I suppose.

Somebody posted earlier that they thought the quality in L2 this season is high. I think the opposite. We’re no great shakes atm, but we’ve played some right old ropey sides so far.

Donny yesterday were beyond awful. It makes it very difficult to gauge if your own side is any good or just best of a bad bunch.
Early days but definitely seems a bigger bunch struggling this season. Last time out even Oldham caused problems for some good sides. 5 teams have 3 wins between them, all relegation form (and potentially all the way up to Walsall in 15th is on ppg). Expect we’ll see some change in managers soon.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays game. Delighted to finally get one over Steve Evans - it’s been a long time coming.

Stevenage looked a decent side - the scoreline flattered us. That being said, there weren’t many clear cut chances for ‘Boro. They pressed high, utilising their wing backs, but that just left space in behind and we counter attacked with devastating effect.

Cook is gonna take some stopping this season - as will we. We’re pushing teams aside in 2nd gear.

We move on to Wimbledon at home next week, and I fancy us to hammer them. Someone’s gonna get a right pasting at some point, it may aswell be the Wombles.

B97C9225-9C71-42C5-9879-6FFBBFE666DD.jpeg

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Early days but definitely seems a bigger bunch struggling this season. Last time out even Oldham caused problems for some good sides. 5 teams have 3 wins between them, all relegation form (and potentially all the way up to Walsall in 15th is on ppg). Expect we’ll see some change in managers soon.

It's a good point, us and Rochdale are yet to register a win but because of the collective shite at the bottom neither of us are even remotely adrift despite being horrific (I'm assuming on their part) they've pulled the trigger early on the manager and even though it's early days for him they haven't had any new manager bounce points from it.

I'd be amazed if we don't change in the next few days, Gillingham also can't be too far away from a managerial chop, they seemingly want Brown out at Colchester too, who blinks first.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The quality between top and bottom looks quite marked this year. We haven't got anywhere near the tougher sides, they've mostly just blown us away but the teams at the bottom all look shite. I thought Colchester were rancid when we played them, and the others a little bit higher up your Crewes, Tranmeres etc not much better.

I haven't lost all hope of us staying up because I think there's half a chance if we get someone competent in who can work with Singh. Our squad is really poor but we aren't far off a good clutch of teams. If we were a bit fitter we'd probably have a few more points on the board.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Fuck me your bizarre anti-Orient schtick is tedious.

huh? what anti orient stuff?

I didn’t expect you barrow or stevenage to be up there, and in honesty i don’t at the end of the season, might be proved wrong.

Hardly anti any of you? :lol:

What a bizarre post, though in fairness at 11pm you’d probably had a few beers so i’ll let you off.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I'd not looked at any results from today from any league, but after finally sitting down with a beer after a chaotic day, I thought I'd best take a look after reading this thread, totally not shocked at HMS Stockport piss the league have struggled again. After the hype on their promotion about how strong they will be again in L2, In most cases of L2 history they no doubt would be a strong outfit, but I must say in their defence this season is a bit of a crazy one imo, as I've never known so many teams make so many strong signings and so many teams improving. I think L2 this season is the strongest I've ever known. A good few sides this season will miss out on promotion to L1 despite all probably being plenty strong enough to hold their own in their. The quality in L2 is rapidly improving.

Aye, agreed there.

When we spectacularly cocked up the playoff final we said the same that we might have missed the boat.

There was always going to be salford knocking about, the likes of mansfield, northampton and swindon would be in with a shout.

Yourselves might finally wake up and make a go of it, even the surprise teams at the top.

Not overly surprised to see the sides who’ve came down have struggled

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Soup ladle: not sure what it says about Crawley but we have lost to the odd goal v Orient, Northampton and drawn up at Salford. We have lost to a poor Wimbledon and Crewe sides (sorry lads just my opinion).

While performing poorly we have not been out of any games (except Wimbledon, when down to ten men).

It's the hope that gets you!

Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!