Saturday 21st August

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers/Pittsburgh Steelers
I`d say Bristol Rovers have the potential to be a bigger club. We played them at Wembley one season and they had over 40 thousand there for a start. Also Bristol is a fairly large city in a huge catchment area ( the nearest PL club is in Birmingham or Southampton both at least 90-100 miles away) so as I said there is potential for big crowds if they get a decent stadium something they haven`t had since 1986 when they left Eastville.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum

From BBC, click line up then scroll down for the attendance.

This is pretty embarrassing, i'd probably drop it if I were you.
Yes, that's the attendance *slow clap*

That doesn't mean 700 people didn't turn up :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You don't minus the attendance from the capacity and assume that many people didn't turn up. Full capacity is 8,700 without segregation etc - Did you ignore my photo explaining why it wasn't a full capacity and why it was still a sell out? The difference is, you simply didn't buy all of the tickets we gave you. How are you comparing the two things ffs

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I'm not overly bothered by what your club tweets - The fact is you didn't sell out our away end and the tickets we gave you. Anyhow, you said you're a big club for this league - I'm just saying I don't think you are. It's your natural level. You've been between this league and the league above for pretty much all your history, with a brief trip to the league below. You get more fans than the average club but nothing spectacular or anything to rave about. Bradford, Vale, Swindon, Tranmere, Oldham, Northampton and potentially even Wallsall are all clubs i'd say are bigger than you. The idea that teams are going to play better because it's Bristol Rovers (Going back to what Joey said, not you) is laughable to put it politely. Opposition teams aren't going to bed on the Friday (or Monday) night excited because the second best team in Bristol is coming to play them.. You're just another tinpot league 2 club like the rest of us
:lol:

Keep trying. I've wrapped you round my little finger there as you can't argue with facts. We sold out, you were wrong - these are both facts.

History of divisions mean nothing, but if you care to actually go research - we've spent time above L1 as well. Not that I'd expect you to go an educate yourself. By the way you've been writing, that much is clear.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
:lol:

Keep trying. I've wrapped you round my little finger there as you can't argue with facts. We sold out, you were wrong - these are both facts.

History of divisions mean nothing, but if you care to actually go research - we've spent time above L1 as well. Not that I'd expect you to go an educate yourself. By the way you've been writing, that much is clear.
You sold 1,100 tickets when we gave you 1,300 - Your default reply is "But when you sold out against Plymouth, the segregation zone is clearly people who couldn't be bothered to turn up that had tickets"

Side note: Just because you say something is a fact, doesn't make it one.

I literally posted a photo for you to try and help you out.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I`d say Bristol Rovers have the potential to be a bigger club. We played them at Wembley one season and they had over 40 thousand there for a start. Also Bristol is a fairly large city in a huge catchment area ( the nearest PL club is in Birmingham or Southampton both at least 90-100 miles away) so as I said there is potential for big crowds if they get a decent stadium something they haven`t had since 1986 when they left Eastville.
Eastville wasn’t a decent stadium. Big, yes. Decent, yikes!

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Of course they have. Should they be going for it come April, their crowds will reflect it. This of course applies to all of us so the ongoing tiff between the 2 supporters on this page has become pointless and boring.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You sold 1,100 tickets when we gave you 1,300 - Your default reply is "But when you sold out against Plymouth, the segregation zone is clearly people who couldn't be bothered to turn up that had tickets"

Side note: Just because you say something is a fact, doesn't make it one.

I literally posted a photo for you to try and help you out.
Well evidently your fellow fan doesn't understand how to see an attendance, even claims I made it up. Perhaps you should slow clap for him?

Do you understand how to use quote marks? I have never said that.

It's a fact we sold out in advance, it's laughable that you're desperate to try and say otherwise. The club have a certain amount of tickets to sell, once they're gone they will announce they're sold out. But wait, no! DevonLad knows the real truth.. We didn't sell out, its all a lie! A week before the game, we just made it up and stop selling tickets, just because we were embarrassed we might not sell out.

Talk about delusional.

Oh and btw, the entire section of seats of stagecoach stand A is 448 seats, going by your picture more than half of those seats are taken up by fans. Roughly 60%. So that leaves 40% of 448 = 179 seats for segregation. What about the other 500+?

It might be easier for you to count, I assume you can?, the seats available there and let us all know, I'm sure we're desperate to find out that those aren't 700 empty seats right there.

Or actually no, will DevonLad once again know the real truth that every single fan turned up that day.

As I said, delusional.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
I'm not overly bothered by what your club tweets - The fact is you didn't sell out our away end and the tickets we gave you. Anyhow, you said you're a big club for this league - I'm just saying I don't think you are. It's your natural level. You've been between this league and the league above for pretty much all your history, with a brief trip to the league below. You get more fans than the average club but nothing spectacular or anything to rave about. Bradford, Vale, Swindon, Tranmere, Oldham, Northampton and potentially even Wallsall are all clubs i'd say are bigger than you. The idea that teams are going to play better because it's Bristol Rovers (Going back to what Joey said, not you) is laughable to put it politely. Opposition teams aren't going to bed on the Friday (or Monday) night excited because the second best team in Bristol is coming to play them.. You're just another tinpot league 2 club like the rest of us
Fact 1 We did sell out -- Not everyone turns up for various reasons. 2. Our natural level is the third division. Since I've been watching ( 1961/62 season ) We have been in the second div, 4th Div National League and nearly all our time in the Third. I don't get all this bigger than you at all -- But if you believe Oldham, Northampton & Walsall are bigger then you are deluded sir.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Get out of it. It was just huge uncovered terraces. Granted most stadia were shite as well, but Eastville has never been decent. Been there for the football and dogs a fair bit.

Attachments

• E1511B1B-3B9E-4811-91FF-994BDF7C130E.jpeg
    E1511B1B-3B9E-4811-91FF-994BDF7C130E.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 12

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Can’t believe people are still wasting their time trying to argue with Devon Lad, it is pointless as he will never ever accept that he is wrong about anything even when something is posted that proves him wrong as I have done many times with him, showing him to be completely wrong and full of shit time and again which is why he decided to put me on ignore as he just didn’t have any answers.
Guys don’t waste your time as in his deluded head he is always right.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Can’t believe people are still wasting their time trying to argue with Devon Lad, it is pointless as he will never ever accept that he is wrong about anything even when something is posted that proves him wrong as I have done many times with him, showing him to be completely wrong and full of shit time and again which is why he decided to put me on ignore as he just didn’t have any answers.
Good shout, thanks for the heads up.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Get out of it. It was just huge uncovered terraces. Granted most stadia were shite as well, but Eastville has never been decent. Been there for the football and dogs a fair bit.
We’ve been at Eastville, Twerton and The Mem.

We’re lucky we actually still have fans tbh

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
It’s amazing how, over such a long period of time, you haven’t managed to get ahead of the curve.

We’re not much better. I started off watching Swindon in 1968, standing behind the bog wall in the Town End. It’s a damning indictment for all the owners since that it’s still there - untouched apart from a few plastic seats. Ditto the Stratton Bank.

I despair at times when I see historic rivals disappear over the hill in shiny new stadiums and hob nobbing way above us.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Greyhounds have been a big part of my life. Spent 10 years in Ireland training and racing them. Loved every minute of it!

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I’ve had some slow ones, for sure. But not that slow!
Many moons ago as a youth me and a mate volunteered to build the fence for a greyhound run at a sanctuary down by the Somerset Levels that took in retired racers. When we'd done, walked a few down there to try it out and one slipped its lead and in one bound had pretty much swallowed one of the umpteen cats whole. Whoops.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
I`d be interested to see what kind of crowds Bradford would get if they paid normal prices for season tickets instead of what they have been doing and selling them dirt cheap hoping to make up the shortfall on food, programme and club shop sales. If it`s working for them and it certainly seems to be for a long few seasons now more power to their elbow but I remember going there several times after they dropped out of the PL and the Championship prior to this season ticket deal and seeing crowds around 7 to 8 thousand and for a city the size of Bradford thats not that good.

The reality is, we haven’t averaged less than 8,200 in 26 years. We’ve hardly had any success, other than during the Phil Parkinson era.

Capacity was reduced throughout the promotion season (‘99). During our Premier League season’s, VP capacity was around 18,300 - not over 25,000 as it stands today.

When we were relegated from the Prem, we had debts worth in excess of £40m and nearly went out of business twice - so I’m not surprised we only averaged 8k-9k in League One during 2004-2007.

The ST incentive has grown our fanbase a great deal since 20007, as did our Premier League stint during the Geoffrey Richmond area. Now, given the fanbase we have, should we ever make it back to the Champ anytime soon, I’d expect us to sell 18k-20k ST at anything around £250-£300 per unit.

A lot of focus is put on the ST price - commercially, it makes sense to; but once you delve into the cost of suites (which generally sell out every season), the average ST price is not £200 - it’s actually much higher.

35AEB326-FFDB-4DCB-8C26-B719CB380C74.jpeg

Last edited:

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Fact 1 We did sell out -- Not everyone turns up for various reasons. 2. Our natural level is the third division. Since I've been watching ( 1961/62 season ) We have been in the second div, 4th Div National League and nearly all our time in the Third. I don't get all this bigger than you at all -- But if you believe Oldham, Northampton & Walsall are bigger then you are deluded sir.
I dont know how many times you need to be told. Attendance means nothing when it comes to ticketing. You were given 1300 tickets and sold 1050 and RETURNED 250 to our office. The idea that you think over 20% of your fans didn't turn up is seriously ridiculous.

Oldham are definitely bigger than you. It's not even questionable in my mind. We will agree to disagree re Northampton and Walsall. Opinions, innit. But I stand by the premise that you are nothing special in this league and teams don't think you are a cup final. You're Bristol Rovers. Bristol City would struggle with that argument ffs.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Well evidently your fellow fan doesn't understand how to see an attendance, even claims I made it up. Perhaps you should slow clap for him?

Do you understand how to use quote marks? I have never said that.

It's a fact we sold out in advance, it's laughable that you're desperate to try and say otherwise. The club have a certain amount of tickets to sell, once they're gone they will announce they're sold out. But wait, no! DevonLad knows the real truth.. We didn't sell out, its all a lie! A week before the game, we just made it up and stop selling tickets, just because we were embarrassed we might not sell out.

Talk about delusional.

Oh and btw, the entire section of seats of stagecoach stand A is 448 seats, going by your picture more than half of those seats are taken up by fans. Roughly 60%. So that leaves 40% of 448 = 179 seats for segregation. What about the other 500+?

It might be easier for you to count, I assume you can?, the seats available there and let us all know, I'm sure we're desperate to find out that those aren't 700 empty seats right there.

Or actually no, will DevonLad once again know the real truth that every single fan turned up that day.

As I said, delusional.
You sold our your initial allocation and asked for more. You were given more and didn't use them and RETURNED them. Christ. Your argument is 'but over 20% decided not to come' - do you understand how attendances are counted? Like with ST, pre purchased tickets are included before anything. You couldve turned up with zero and it would say you had fans at SJP. You. Did. Not. Sell. Out. The tickets are probably still in our reception/ ticket office that you returned !!

Glad you agree with the 448 seats. Over half of your claim is now by your own admission, nonsense. Now do the same for what was known as the flybe stand on the other side.

This is really frustrating because I have so many Rovers mates but bloody hell you're something special.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Depends on your definitions I guess. Personally I’d class the Bolton’s, Pompey etc as massive for this division. Last time we were here we doubled the average L2 attendances, if that’s not considered a big club for that level, then really there is no point discussing it further.

Personally I’d look at Rovers & Swindon as big clubs for this division. Bradford are in the massive category for me.

For the record, I consider a clubs size based on their size of support, not what trophies they’ve won. I don’t understand how if you won the carling cup 50 years ago it can make a team ‘big’, despite only getting 5/6k attendances. It makes them previously successful, but not big.
Short memories up the m5. I bolded the relevant area lol

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
No because as much we don't like each other(me and Denzel) you said 700 didn't turn up, he asked why you made it up. You did. Because you cannot grasp that seats are used for segregation limiting a capacity. That's you being a tw@, not him.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
I mean I posted a picture and explained why Gassy got to his stupid figure. Gassy is claiming 700 people (the exact number of seats that the police made us use as segregation) is people who decided not to turn up because umm, the weather or summant. Granted I'm wrong on a lot (nearly as much as you) but come on, this isnt something even a 4 year old that hasn't gone to school yet couldn't understand.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
I'm sure if you'd asked the squad of Hartlepool United c.2001-07, which of their number would go on to be a successful lower division manager, the name of Darrell "Trigger" Clarke would've been way down the list!

Lovely bloke, cracking player for us, and apparently a great motivational figure to have in your dressing room. To illustrate that last point... we gave him a new contract in 2004. Injury then restricted him to six starts in two seasons, and yet we still offered a new deal in 2006. He never played again.
You loaned him out to us for a couple of months in 06/07.

Not particularly memorable on the pitch, but I do remember Keith Hill saying that he was a valuable squad member because of his influence in the dressing room and that he wouldn't be surprised to see him back as a coach or manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!