Saturday 21st August

TommoCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Significantly better than Burton across the entire pitch today. Virtually nobody below an 8/10 performance. Saturdays are class.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
Crewe are garbage. And to be very clear, our fans are fucking arrogant twats (massive emphasis on the twats). They think our club (nonce FC) are something special, where young lads owe their lives to the club and should ignore the chance of huge wage rises to stay with us.

With the state of this squad, we'll go down by 15 points. We are absolutely shite. Worse than we were when we last got relegated under Davis.
You’re an imbecile.

Daz_3000

Reaction score
Supports
Sunderland
Very poor today. A team who are set up to pass the ball and couldn't against a side who couldn't pass the ball and had no intention of doing so. The result was stop start game and turnovers galore.

Too many hospital balls both in terms of direction and speed, little pace in the side, everyone coming short and no-one stretching the play. Conceding such a bad early goal doesn't help. That gave Wycombe the chance to spend the last 87 mins, or 111 minutes as it turned out, to slow the game down and take an age over everything.

That said, we did create two very good chances that we should have put away.

Lacking in three or four positions at the minute, but some of those are down to injuries rather than needing more players although more pace in attacking areas is required IMO.
Whenever we have played Wycombe away and went behind they usually fall over at anything and make sure the game doesn’t flow, i swear to god the last time we played them away and lost 1-0 the ref fell for all of their antics. We are home to them on Saturday and i for one hope we go 1-0 up or we are in for a frustrating afternoon.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Significantly better than Burton across the entire pitch today. Virtually nobody below an 8/10 performance. Saturdays are class.
Can’t agree. You was not. We even scored 3 goals to help you. Look at the match stats.
No doubt it Was a bad day for us today - had we turned up mentally like we did against Sunderland it would have been a different result. But we didn’t.
good win for you to start your season off.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Plenty of us genuinely are… but just like most fan bases there are a minority that embarrass the rest of us.

Plenty of us genuinely are… but just like most fan bases there are a minority that embarrass the rest of us.
In what way like the trouble at Lincoln midweek or on micky mouse forums answering bullshit from keyboard warriors.
90% of people are ok here then you have the other 10% who are just against the club and abuse any/all supporters of said club.
It was far worse last season when i had 3 such people. They still appear from time to time.
Pub is certainly not at there bitter level yet but he certainly has no time for anything Bolton
Nothing against his mindset its a forum after all but dont expect him to agree with anything you post !!

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Absolute garbage being spouted by this poster, not only hand ball, but 3 yards offside, and other than your chance at the end, you created very little to trouble us, I felt comfortable as you showed nothing threatening in the final 3rd, put some sugar on those grapes.
You were a decent side, and it was a good game, but you're talking out of your arse.

The official stats show that it was a very close game, but we had more possession, we outpassed you, had more shots, and one less corner. It also shows that your keeper had to make more saves and that your defence had to make more clearances than ours.

I was at the game and no way was Matt Taylor offside, although it looked borderline handball as he controlled the initial pass (and before you say I couldn't have seen it from the away end, I wasn't in the away end and had a perfect view of it). We should have had three goals in the first half alone and for you to say we created little to trouble you is pure fantasy.

People I spoke to, from Bolton, all said we were the best side you'd played this season and that a draw would have been a fair result, which I agree with, so wind your neck in and stop making out the game was something it wasn't. Oh and by the way, we had half our side out injured, so I wouldn't get too carried away if I were you.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
In what way like the trouble at Lincoln midweek or on micky mouse forums answering bullshit from keyboard warriors.
90% of people are ok here then you have the other 10% who are just against the club and abuse any/all supporters of said club.
It was far worse last season when i had 3 such people. They still appear from time to time.
Pub is certainly not at there bitter level yet but he certainly has no time for anything Bolton
Nothing against his mindset its a forum after all but dont expect him to agree with anything you post !!
It was just a generalisation. Like the idiots causing trouble outside the ground when we lost to Exeter and didn’t get promoted. He was saying sarcastically all Bolton fans are nice. Im just saying all fan bases have idiots including ours and his.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Can’t agree. You was not. We even scored 3 goals to help you. Look at the match stats.
No doubt it Was a bad day for us today - had we turned up mentally like we did against Sunderland it would have been a different result. But we didn’t.
good win for you to start your season off.
3-0 flattered us but we were the better side on the day. I’m not sure you can say had you turned up you’d have won but you didn’t but then on the other hand disagree we were the better team.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You were a decent side, and it was a good game, but you're talking out of your arse.

The official stats show that it was a very close game, but we had more possession, we outpassed you, had more shots, and one less corner. It also shows that your keeper had to make more saves and that your defence had to make more clearances than ours.

I was at the game and no way was Matt Taylor offside, although it looked borderline handball as he controlled the initial pass (and before you say I couldn't have seen it from the away end, I wasn't in the away end and had a perfect view of it). We should have had three goals in the first half alone and for you to say we created little to trouble you is pure fantasy.

People I spoke to, from Bolton, all said we were the best side you'd played this season and that a draw would have been a fair result, which I agree with, so wind your neck in and stop making out the game was something it wasn't. Oh and by the way, we had half our side out injured, so I wouldn't get too carried away if I were you.
I can’t tell if it was offside or not even watching it back on ifollow this morning but was definitely handball. Draw was a fair result. I actually forgot how many good chances we created as well. Sheehan should have scored in the opening minutes. Doyle lob, Kieran Lee chance. Should have been 5-5. I’m not getting carried away as mid table/ top half is my expectation and anything else would be a bonus. From what I’ve seen so far this season we should be at least mid table.

If you have players to come back that will improve you then you will definitely be in that playoff mix again at the end of the season. Very good side. We need to be slightly less open but we are a real threat going forward. It’s not good for the heart but it’s exciting!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

The official stats show that it was a very close game, but we had more possession, we outpassed you, had the same number of shots, and one less corner. It also shows that your keeper had to make more saves and that your defence had to make more clearances than ours.

I for one am glad you thought us to be decent. Oxford certainly are. This time last year we had Barrow fans telling us how lucky was was to escape with a point at there place...And Port Vale laughing at us after Banging 6 in at our place.
Back to yesterday yes we rode our luck but so did you. Taylor is a country mile better than anything we have. Also was impressed with Brannigan. You are proberbly a season or two in front of us. I think a draw would be fair but i will take all points. Leave the half a side bullshit it is what it is a squad game.
Just glad people are coming on here saying we are lucky yet winning.....much better than saying how well we played and lost.
Good luck for the rest of the season......if you dont want Taylor send him our way

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
You’re an imbecile.
I suppose the Davis part was subjective.

A lot of our fans are c***. Massive c***. Having a go at young lads for wanting more money is fucking hilarious. As if any of us would turn our nose up at the chance of quadrupling our wages because we 'owe it to who we work for'. Absolutely obscene to suggest otherwise.

Take Max Clayton. Remember him? Remember the abuse he got for forcing a move? Well it was a good job he did. He made a shit load of money at Bolton, invested some of it etc etc before he had to retire. What would have happened if he had picked up his injuries at Crewe before retiring? He wouldn't have made anywhere near as much money, and now he would be in a much worse position.

What if Lowery signs an extension, plays for a year then fucks his ankle like Dean Ashton and has to retire? Obviously very unlikely, but it does happen. These are the things these young lads have to consider. Football is a short career, why the fuck should they show loyalty to a club that pay peanuts when they could engineer a move and get payed 10k a week as opposed to 1.5k a week? Anyone who thinks they wouldn't do the same is, in your words, an imbecile.

Ps. I am of the opinion our academy should have been razed to the ground, what with the fact a coach systematically raped dozens of children there and we had practices in place that allowed it to happen. Not to mention the fact the club didn't give a fuck about it over the past 5 years or so. 5 years for an apology, massive LOLZ. Obviously there is no legal precedent for this, so it could and would never happen. However, nonce FC is an apt description, and one I like to use from time to time.

Last edited:

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I can’t tell if it was offside or not even watching it back on ifollow this morning but was definitely handball. Draw was a fair result. I actually forgot how many good chances we created as well. Sheehan should have scored in the opening minutes. Doyle lob, Kieran Lee chance. Should have been 5-5. I’m not getting carried away as mid table/ top half is my expectation and anything else would be a bonus. From what I’ve seen so far this season we should be at least mid table.

If you have players to come back that will improve you then you will definitely be in that playoff mix again at the end of the season. Very good side. We need to be slightly less open but we are a real threat going forward. It’s not good for the heart but it’s exciting!
Thanks for the balanced reply, and yes, it could have been 5-5.

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

I think we're all happy to say it was even. The other Oxford poster was claiming we were ordinary and clinical. That it should have been comfortable for you. Implying that we didn't have any other chances.

We had more passes and possession in the first half. Got ahead second half and the way we play means we tend to give up the ball a bit then. We won by 1 goal so much last year due to this. So no surprise you had more in the second half.

It could have gone either way, though I'd have felt it was harsh to lose with the handball.

GFC4EVA

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I didn’t go today (thankfully), but I’m starting to think I might have overrated our team. Only 4 games in granted, but to be the only club in the FL to not have scored a single goal and we still sit on zero points from twelve, it hurts tonight.

Just don’t know where the first goal is going to come from let alone point(s). I know Cotterill hasn’t had the best time this past year what with him being close to death, but questions have to be asked of him soon if we keep this up.

Time to get pissed and forget about today’s shambles!
Don't worry gillingham roll into town next week, I'm sure we will oblige and give you your 1st goals and points, we always do

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I for one am glad you thought us to be decent. Oxford certainly are. This time last year we had Barrow fans telling us how lucky was was to escape with a point at there place...And Port Vale laughing at us after Banging 6 in at our place.
Back to yesterday yes we rode our luck but so did you. Taylor is a country mile better than anything we have. Also was impressed with Brannigan. You are proberbly a season or two in front of us. I think a draw would be fair but i will take all points. Leave the half a side bullshit it is what it is a squad game.
Just glad people are coming on here saying we are lucky yet winning.....much better than saying how well we played and lost.
Good luck for the rest of the season......if you dont want Taylor send him our way
Cheers, for yet another balanced reply, and agree that we both rode our luck a bit, and was a good game between two decent sides.

No bullshit about the players out mate. We were missing Sam Long (last season's Player of the Season), Elliot Moore (captain and leader at the back, who was on the bench but only had 20 or so minutes in him after being out for 3 games now), Ryan Williams (Man of the Match for 2 of the previous 3 games), James Henry (experienced pro who makes our midfield tick and weighs in with 10 to 15 goals a season), Billy Bodin (Championship quality player, just getting into his stride, but now out for 4-6 weeks) and Nathan Holland (who also only had 20 minutes or so in him after getting injured in midweek). I take your point about it being a squad game, and you saw the depth of ours yesterday, so no excuses.

BTW, Cam Brannagan had a serious eye infection last year, and could have lost his sight, and is only just getting back to his best, but is an absolute diamond at this level and Matty Taylor is an Oxford lad and Oxford fan, who came through the system with us, went away and is now back to finish his career with us, so I'm sorry, but he's going nowhere!

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
I think we're all happy to say it was even. The other Oxford poster was claiming we were ordinary and clinical. That it should have been comfortable for you. Implying that we didn't have any other chances.

We had more passes and possession in the first half. Got ahead second half and the way we play means we tend to give up the ball a bit then. We won by 1 goal so much last year due to this. So no surprise you had more in the second half.

It could have gone either way, though I'd have felt it was harsh to lose with the handball.
I don't think clinical is a criticism, rather a huge compliment! The gulf in quality in recent seasons between promoted sides and even in our case us from say, Blackpool was noticeable so I don't by any means hold OUFC in higher esteem than any promoted side from League Two. My observation was based on OUFC having been in League One for a number of seasons. Again, I should reiterate we were largely ordinary at times last season (and again at times the season before that) and made the play-offs, twice simply by beating sides below us in the table and not above us.

In relation to the game itself, from what I recall the corner leading to the goal was the first offensive attempt in the second half (or one of few). It was certainly against the run of play and at that stage all one-way traffic for periods in that second half up to that point. Much of Bolton's offense display came when we committed more men forward following the goal, we had to push harder, however on balance I can't say Bolton's chances were far better. That would be a failure to give some balance as to how the game played out.

Perhaps I should have worded it better. Oxford were certainly the better side and much of our good play was down to a change of formation which capitalised on Bolton's full backs being caught out which presented more opportunities to score than any game in recent memory even going back to last season. Mid-way through the first half was Bolton's best spell. Our formation began to show its failings and this led to the first goal.

In this respect, you can probably forgive any Oxford supporter for thinking that the number of good chances ought to have provided more goals. Offensively you were more clinical than us, we should have been better.

Regarding the handball/being offside I haven't watched it back so can't comment. When watching it on iFollow, the camera when watching it live didn't present a great opportunity to watch the run from a better angle. The commentators didn't pick up on it so rather assumed it was good movement. It was a strange goal nonetheless!

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Ah, well. Had a nagging feeling we'd lose at Bolton and sadly it as the case.

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I suppose the Davis part was subjective.

A lot of our fans are c***. Massive c***. Having a go at young lads for wanting more money is fucking hilarious. As if any of us would turn our nose up at the chance of quadrupling our wages because we 'owe it to who we work for'. Absolutely obscene to suggest otherwise.

Take Max Clayton. Remember him? Remember the abuse he got for forcing a move? Well it was a good job he did. He made a shit load of money at Bolton, invested some of it etc etc before he had to retire. What would have happened if he had picked up his injuries at Crewe before retiring? He wouldn't have made anywhere near as much money, and now he would be in a much worse position.

What if Lowery signs an extension, plays for a year then fucks his ankle like Dean Ashton and has to retire? Obviously very unlikely, but it does happen. These are the things these young lads have to consider. Football is a short career, why the fuck should they show loyalty to a club that pay peanuts when they could engineer a move and get payed 10k a week as opposed to 1.5k a week? Anyone who thinks they wouldn't do the same is, in your words, an imbecile.

Ps. I am of the opinion our academy should have been razed to the ground, what with the fact a coach systematically raped dozens of children there and we had practices in place that allowed it to happen. Not to mention the fact the club didn't give a fuck about it over the past 5 years or so. 5 years for an apology, massive LOLZ. Obviously there is no legal precedent for this, so it could and would never happen. However, nonce FC is an apt description, and one I like to use from time to time.
You're entitled to your opinion of course and the last thing I wanna do is row with my fellow Alex fans but don't you think referring to your own club as Nonce FC is a step too far? I get your disgust at what happened and all that but I'm not sure why you continue to support the club if you're using terms like that about them.

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I don't think clinical is a criticism, rather a huge compliment! The gulf in quality in recent seasons between promoted sides and even in our case us from say, Blackpool was noticeable so I don't by any means hold OUFC in higher esteem than any promoted side from League Two. My observation was based on OUFC having been in League One for a number of seasons. Again, I should reiterate we were largely ordinary at times last season (and again at times the season before that) and made the play-offs, twice simply by beating sides below us in the table and not above us.

In relation to the game itself, from what I recall the corner leading to the goal was the first offensive attempt in the second half (or one of few). It was certainly against the run of play and at that stage all one-way traffic for periods in that second half up to that point. Much of Bolton's offense display came when we committed more men forward following the goal, we had to push harder, however on balance I can't say Bolton's chances were far better. That would be a failure to give some balance as to how the game played out.

Perhaps I should have worded it better. Oxford were certainly the better side and much of our good play was down to a change of formation which capitalised on Bolton's full backs being caught out which presented more opportunities to score than any game in recent memory even going back to last season. Mid-way through the first half was Bolton's best spell. Our formation began to show its failings and this led to the first goal.

In this respect, you can probably forgive any Oxford supporter for thinking that the number of good chances ought to have provided more goals. Offensively you were more clinical than us, we should have been better.

Regarding the handball/being offside I haven't watched it back so can't comment. When watching it on iFollow, the camera when watching it live didn't present a great opportunity to watch the run from a better angle. The commentators didn't pick up on it so rather assumed it was good movement. It was a strange goal nonetheless!
Think that comes across a lot fairer. We were more clinical than you, as you say, but not necessarily clinical in a general sense.

You were narrow in the first half and we managed to expose that at the time. It definitely did shift early second half. I remember one of our defenders going down, probably more to help stop the momentum than through injury. Think we scored shortly after too.

The offside is impossible to see on the footage, could be a perfectly timed run. By the time the camera moves he's way off, but you can't see the important part.

We certainly need to improve to get to where you were last season. In probably what is the toughest league 1 in a while.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
You're entitled to your opinion of course and the last thing I wanna do is row with my fellow Alex fans but don't you think referring to your own club as Nonce FC is a step too far? I get your disgust at what happened and all that but I'm not sure why you continue to support the club if you're using terms like that about them.
To be perfectly honest I'm unsure why I do myself. Don't really have the bollocks to walk away, I think.

T.A

Reaction score
Supports
Berry
To be perfectly honest I'm unsure why I do myself. Don't really have the bollocks to walk away, I think.

Then you are no better than the club and its fans you clearly dislike.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Then you are no better than the club and its fans you clearly dislike.
Never have, and never will claim to be.

What I will never do is slag off academy lads for wanting to leave for free, especially in light of what our club has gone through in recent years. We are lucky to have an academy, and even luckier that people still want to send their kids to it.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Don't worry you play us next week and were in dire straights. Charlie Kirk will have field day vs us.

We’d have to get him on the ball first rather than just punting everything up towards Stockley.

We are beyond woeful, you’ll get at least a point absolutely no question.

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
We’d have to get him on the ball first rather than just punting everything up towards Stockley.

We are beyond woeful, you’ll get at least a point absolutely no question.
That's the key - you've gotta give Kirk the ball and let him create - then things will happen.
As for next Saturday it'll be a major surprise if we come back from SE7 with anything at all - based on our form so far but we'll see ofcourse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!