Saturday 23rd October

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Fair point those two look class, even though I thought Worrall was more of a winger then wing back?

In terms of goal contributions, Cadden (5 goals 4 assists) & Wilson (2 goals 4 assists) have got to be right up there so far surely?
Not a sniff on Jay & Nombe.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Fair point those two look class, even though I thought Worrall was more of a winger then wing back?

In terms of goal contributions, Cadden (5 goals 4 assists) & Wilson (2 goals 4 assists) have got to be right up there so far surely?

Wozza has been wing back under DC so playing out of position, in fact both are as Gibbo has been left wing back rather than right to accommodate Woz.

Gibbo is class, miles ahead of Mal Benning, just got to hope he doesn’t pull up again after last seasons injury hit campaign where he missed most of it.

That said Cadden looks equally as good when I’ve seen him.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Decent win after falling behind. Jay scoring another header is crazy considering he’s the shortest player on the pitch. Dieng scoring again is pleasing and he has been a really good signing so far, considering he came with very few compliments from Southend fans.

12 games unbeaten and we’ve started to pick up some wins instead of constantly drawing, so looking good.

Can’t imagine Clough has much time left at Mansfield considering their budget. Worrying for them that they’ve slipped in to the bottom 2.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Good win today against a poor and one dimensional Gas. Again plenty of chances we didn’t put away - should’ve had 5 or 6. Missed some guilt edged chances .
Any other day that would have ended 6-3 to Newport.

Classic bee managers performance that, organise and had working. A deserved win.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Really really good win for us today at Tranmere. Tight first half but second half we absolutely blew them away and 5-0 wouldn’t have flattered us.

Limited Tranmere to 5 shots and rifled in 18 of our own, despite Tranmere having 60%+ possession of the ball. A win like that makes a statement considering Tranmere’s home record and the manner of the victory.

8 clean sheets in 14 now, level with Tranmere as joint best in the football league
4 shots and 19 shots with 0 on target and 6 on target. Get your stats right Eric. We were awful today.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
On the Rovers v Cobblers stats, we did actually have one effort, a weak Nevitt header on target in the first half. Nit-picking I know, but after yesterday’s dismal second half looking for even a crumb of comfort.

Hard to pin down why after a fairly even first half, we got totally torn apart by the visitors in the second half, with more clinical finishing it could easily be 0-5. MM in his post-match was critical of the referee. The key decision he got wrong was failing to send the Northampton left-back, already on a yellow card off for hacking down Macmanaman. However while playing against ten men would have made the last 20 minutes more interesting, doubt it would have changed the outcome.

Northampton looked a decent side though harder to judge due to how poor Rovers were in the second half. Should be there about at the end of the season.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Interesting reading some of the Walsall comments - their second goal came from a run where the ball was "a foot over the line" for a throw in. Couldn't tell at the time from our end, though our player got booked for screaming at the linesman.

Also, both Walsall and Barrow fans seem to think Gordon didn't celebrate his 96th minute equaliser away against his former club... he stood still in front of the Barrow fans with a smirk on his face like "what the fuck just happened?!", before being mobbed. Of course he was celebrating.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
On the Rovers v Cobblers stats, we did actually have one effort, a weak Nevitt header on target in the first half. Nit-picking I know, but after yesterday’s dismal second half looking for even a crumb of comfort.

Hard to pin down why after a fairly even first half, we got totally torn apart by the visitors in the second half, with more clinical finishing it could easily be 0-5. MM in his post-match was critical of the referee. The key decision he got wrong was failing to send the Northampton left-back, already on a yellow card off for hacking down Macmanaman. However while playing against ten men would have made the last 20 minutes more interesting, doubt it would have changed the outcome.

Northampton looked a decent side though harder to judge due to how poor Rovers were in the second half. Should be there about at the end of the season.
Big players up front with pace will always be effective. Definitely a top 7 team.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Strange comment on the Colchester forum that they could have won 3-1. I don't recall a more comfortable victory if I'm honest and it could have been 4 or 5. They had a couple of chances as all teams do during a game but we were comfortably the better side. Strange what some people see in a game.

Mullins had a tactical nightmare, with 4 dedenders over 30 playing against our mobile front 3. The space that we had to play in at times should be very concerning.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Seems Salford don't have any reps on this site and checking their forum there was just one post about match!!!

"Mixed emotions this afternoon with another great first half being followed by a poor and mediocre second. A perfect start with BTA giving us an early lead and from there on I thought we played some excellent football.
We knocked the ball around around at speed and with purpose and if not for their keeper making a least a couple of excellent full stretch saves together with some other decent stops we may well have been out of sight by half time.
Given we didn't capitalise on our dominance coupled with probably one of the most inept displays of refereeing this season ultimately cost us our lead come the break. After a number of ridiculous bookings the small bald Benny Hill fall guy (visually and age wise) gifted them a free kick for an innocuous challenge by Jordan Turnbull which admittedly was struck sweetly for an undeserved equaliser.
Turnbull was also booked and had followed Tom Elliott (for goodness knows what) and Matty Lund (for allegedly diving when trying to round their keeper) into the clowns notebook.
Injuries to Hunter and Ndaba didn't help but equally so we didn't help ourselves with some extremely poor second half defending contributing to FGR waltzing through our back line for two unopposed goals.
No question in my mind that Tyreik Wright had been pulled back by FGR's defender Wilson when clear on goal which denied us a possible equaliser but given that when Ash Hunter had been taken out clear on goal early in the game and their defender received only yellow just about summed up the way the idiot in the middle was going and did perform for the rest of the afternoon.
Yes they took their goals extremely well in between falling to the ground and rolling around feigning injury but our second half performance was nowhere near the levels of the first and that ultimately cost us the game."

Agree with some of what the guy has written;
Salford better in first but FGR far better in 2nd,
Super saves by McGee [FGR goalkeeper],
Description of referee apt.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Seems like both sets of fans had a poor opinion of the ref...I lost count of the number of times a throw in was awarded to Salford, despite the ball going out following contact with one of their players, particularly in the second half.

Deepcut Cobbler

Reaction score
Supports
The Cobblers and Gladbach

Can't disagree with any of that and agree that our LB should have received his second yellow, we were just as surprised that he didn't.
But I will add that the Referee was very poor throughout for both sides, probably the worst perfomance that I have witnessed in a very long time.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Strange comment on the Colchester forum that they could have won 3-1. I don't recall a more comfortable victory if I'm honest and it could have been 4 or 5. They had a couple of chances as all teams do during a game but we were comfortably the better side. Strange what some people see in a game.

Mullins had a tactical nightmare, with 4 dedenders over 30 playing against our mobile front 3. The space that we had to play in at times should be very concerning.

To be fair it was one fan but yeah they had chances but not the calibre to put them away, we also had 4 or 5 on top of the goals scored.

Second half was Ole football at times!

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Can't disagree with any of that and agree that our LB should have received his second yellow, we were just as surprised that he didn't.
But I will add that the Referee was very poor throughout for both sides, probably the worst perfomance that I have witnessed in a very long time.
I don’t think he was the worst, but made an error of judgement by letting a lot of things go early on, so he lost control. This applied to both sides, most referees would have got a card out when our captain was waving his fist at someone on the stroke of h/t. That said didn’t think the referee was key in determining the result, the better team won and Micky shouldn’t have raised post match.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Sorry AS. My reaction to some tweets was way ott. It seems the attackers were a bunch of kids chasing the coaches. Canavan back sorted our defence. You had the 3 most technically gifted players but the player that frightened me most was nullified because of where you played him. Jack Payne is not a left winger. hope Williams can continue his come back. The rotten luck he has had will probably mean he will need a full season to get back to his best. Hope he does that.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Sorry AS. My reaction to some tweets was way ott. It seems the attackers were a bunch of kids chasing the coaches. Canavan back sorted our defence. You had the 3 most technically gifted players but the player that frightened me most was nullified because of where you played him. Jack Payne is not a left winger. hope Williams can continue his come back. The rotten luck he has had will probably mean he will need a full season to get back to his best. Hope he does that.

Cheers for the explanation. I couldn't watch yesterday as we had visitors and so I was surprised to read about fans being attacked, as you say hopefully nothing more sinister happened.

Cant really comment on the game of course, I think having 70% possession and having 2 shots on target the whole game is criminal and teams are coming to our place and not really having to do very much to come away with points. Your first 2 goals were poorly defended, our achilles heel is balls into the box. It sounded like you should have won by more, I think the referee may have felt sorry for us giving us the penalty, seemed a very odd place for your defender to handle the ball from the highlights I saw, if indeed it happened.

We do continue to have issues playing at home, for whatever reason Garner changed to 4 at the back and from what I've read it was a total mess. We have great talent in midfield in Reed, Gladwin, Williams and Payne but I'm not convinced he knows how to get the best out of all of then. We also only really have one option up top in Tyrese Simpson, a willing, strong runner but does tend to have poor touches and is not good in the air. Oldham away next week offers a good chance to get back to winning ways.

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
Looking at the highlights, as good as our comeback was, and as dominant as we were in the second half, we got away with it yesterday. Harrogate scored directly from a corner early in the second half but it was disallowed for reasons that I can't decipher from the video. I'd have been fuming if I was a Harrogate fan watching that; if there's a foul in there it's a very soft one. That would've been 3-0 and, in all likelihood, game over. They'd already silenced the crowd by that point, and such an early second half goal would have sucked the life out of us. There would likely have been a significant shuffle to the exits.

Luck, eh. We'll take it.

Deepcut Cobbler

Reaction score
Supports
The Cobblers and Gladbach
I don’t think he was the worst, but made an error of judgement by letting a lot of things go early on, so he lost control. This applied to both sides, most referees would have got a card out when our captain was waving his fist at someone on the stroke of h/t. That said didn’t think the referee was key in determining the result, the better team won and Micky shouldn’t have raised post match.

I agree that he didn't determine the result, aside from the 20 minutes we would have had to defend our two goal lead with ten men, to be fair I thought that MM was clear in that.
It was a disappointing perfomance from a fifth season EFL officlal who, as you said, didn't grip the game early.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Might as well just shake hands on a point and go home before all of our games.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Looking at the highlights, as good as our comeback was, and as dominant as we were in the second half, we got away with it yesterday. Harrogate scored directly from a corner early in the second half but it was disallowed for reasons that I can't decipher from the video. I'd have been fuming if I was a Harrogate fan watching that; if there's a foul in there it's a very soft one. That would've been 3-0 and, in all likelihood, game over. They'd already silenced the crowd by that point, and such an early second half goal would have sucked the life out of us. There would likely have been a significant shuffle to the exits.

Luck, eh. We'll take it.
So you formed that opinion from 2mins highlights.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
One thing that cheered me up after yesterday’s game was Radio Merseyside’s football phone in with all the Evertonians in hysterics having suffered a 5-2 reverse against Watford. Normally I switch to BBC radio Manchester after Merseyside’s 20 second Tranmere slot, but stayed tuned in and had a good chuckle all the way home.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
One thing that cheered me up after yesterday’s game was Radio Merseyside’s football phone in with all the Evertonians in hysterics having suffered a 5-2 reverse against Watford. Normally I switch to BBC radio Manchester after Merseyside’s 20 second Tranmere slot, but stayed tuned in and had a good chuckle all the way home.

Radio Sussex's phone in will have lots of angry callers tonight calling for Ole to be sacked.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Well that was so so poor, and from both teams.
Carlisle looked dangerous a couple of times first half but showed nothing in the second.
We were so poor going forward even though we had some good chances.
Bahamboula had his worst game for us, the midfield were woeful imo, too slow moving the ball when counter attacks were a possibility.
DKD had our best chances and we had a goal dissalowed.
Fans never stopped but the players gave nothing, they dont deserve support.
AL out.
Both teams could probably be summed up with the same good points and the same bad points, if ever there were a game where two similar teams cancelled each other out it was that.

Highlight of the match was when a rainbow appeared. Think the Oldham fans were denied that pleasure from their viewpoint.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Seems Salford don't have any reps on this site and checking their forum there was just one post about match!!!

"Mixed emotions this afternoon with another great first half being followed by a poor and mediocre second. A perfect start with BTA giving us an early lead and from there on I thought we played some excellent football.
We knocked the ball around around at speed and with purpose and if not for their keeper making a least a couple of excellent full stretch saves together with some other decent stops we may well have been out of sight by half time.
Given we didn't capitalise on our dominance coupled with probably one of the most inept displays of refereeing this season ultimately cost us our lead come the break. After a number of ridiculous bookings the small bald Benny Hill fall guy (visually and age wise) gifted them a free kick for an innocuous challenge by Jordan Turnbull which admittedly was struck sweetly for an undeserved equaliser.
Turnbull was also booked and had followed Tom Elliott (for goodness knows what) and Matty Lund (for allegedly diving when trying to round their keeper) into the clowns notebook.
Injuries to Hunter and Ndaba didn't help but equally so we didn't help ourselves with some extremely poor second half defending contributing to FGR waltzing through our back line for two unopposed goals.
No question in my mind that Tyreik Wright had been pulled back by FGR's defender Wilson when clear on goal which denied us a possible equaliser but given that when Ash Hunter had been taken out clear on goal early in the game and their defender received only yellow just about summed up the way the idiot in the middle was going and did perform for the rest of the afternoon.
Yes they took their goals extremely well in between falling to the ground and rolling around feigning injury but our second half performance was nowhere near the levels of the first and that ultimately cost us the game."

Agree with some of what the guy has written;
Salford better in first but FGR far better in 2nd,
Super saves by McGee [FGR goalkeeper],
Tinpot thread please.

Myblueheaven04

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Both teams could probably be summed up with the same good points and the same bad points, if ever there were a game where two similar teams cancelled each other out it was that.

Highlight of the match was when a rainbow appeared. Think the Oldham fans were denied that pleasure from their viewpoint.
Pretty much it yes...... just hope there are worse teams than us come May.
Glad I only had a 35 minute drive home and not over 2hrs to Oldham, only positive sadly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!