Crewe Vs Mansfield - 7th v 9th
Doncaster Vs Crawley - 12th v 20th
Grimsby Vs Swindon - 8th v 11th
Hartlepool Vs Gillingham - 22nd v 23rd
Newport Vs Carlisle - 13th v 19th
Stevenage Vs Harrogate - 4th v 18th
Sutton Vs Salford - 6th v 10th
Walsall Vs Tranmere 15th v 14th

An interesting set of fixtures for this weekend. Whether it be the top two, the bottom four or currently, mid table mediocracy, it’s all happening this weekend - you’re all playing each other.

As for ‘City, Wimbledon at home. We’re in fine form, winning our last four. We’re unbeaten at home and have only conceded one goal in 5 games. Easy pickings, then?

Tyreik Wright had a sensational full debut with a goal and assist, but he’s on international duty with R.O.I this weekend. Dion Pereira will likely return and slot in at LW.

Selection headache at the back for Hughes. Timi came in for the injured Critchlow, and he did alright. It’ll be harsh on Timi, but I think Critchlow will get the nod for this weekend if he’s fit.

Halliday’s stupid second yellow sees him suspended. A chance for Luke Hendrie who did OK in his only start this season against Sheff Wed.

GK: Harry Lewis

LB: Luke Hendrie
CB: Matty Platt
CM: Romoney Critchlow
LB: Matty Foulds

CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Gilliead

RW: Scott Banks
CAM: Harry Chapman
LW: Dion Pereira

ST: Andy Cook

Even with a few changes, it’s difficult to predict anything but a home win, but stranger things have happened.

2-0 (Cook and Chapman)

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
So far our fixture list for the start of the season has been kind to us, this is good with the injuries we've had. Looking at the fixture list, it isn't till December that we have a run of games against those sides who (at the time of writing at least) are up around the top.

Newport are an interesting one. Red Dragon says Rowberry is close to losing his job if they don't beat us this weekend, so I thought they must be right down there... but they're not really that far below us... 6 defeats in 9 though however we've only managed one more win than them. We just draw loads of games.

Feel like another draw is the most likely result, but we'll see. We'll no doubt add a couple more missed sitters to this season's impressive collection.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
So Orient fans - how are you're team doing this season and how many fans will you bring?
But seriously - this should be a good game and Leyton Orient might end up with their 1st defeat of the season.
Both teams will be full of confidence, both fans probably will be too.
2 seasons ago Cheltenham came to Barrow and were flying near the top of the table - they lost 3-0
last season Forrest Green came to Barrow, top of the league - they lost 4-0.
We like playing league leaders at home, we always have.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Swindon at home, reckon it'll be another tight one. They're without Johnny Williams, which should help us though. Sounds like they like to knock the ball around well so I'd expect us to play with a high press, a tactic that's worked well for us under Hurst and we've more often than not come out of matches against possession based teams having had more of the ball than them. I think they'll look to hit us on the counter and they'd be wise to do so. We've ridden our luck at times at the back and I think they could have some luck if they can get in round the back of our full backs and get the ball to Jephcott. Should be a good game, I reckon.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I feel like the malaise at Pools has been lifted with the Hartley sacking, popular coach Tony Sweeney is back on first team duties, new manager and assistant, hopefully fresh ideas, a team with a game plan, shots on target, running, tackling, passing all the things we’ve barely done this season.

Must win.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I feel like the malaise at Pools has been lifted with the Hartley sacking, popular coach Tony Sweeney is back on first team duties, new manager and assistant, hopefully fresh ideas, a team with a game plan, shots on target, running, tackling, passing all the things we’ve barely done this season.

Must win.
It certainly is must win for both sides, if I was a neutral I’d fancy you guys to get it though. Another 6 pointer between Colchester and Dale on the same day.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
So Orient fans - how are you're team doing this season and how many fans will you bring?
But seriously - this should be a good game and Leyton Orient might end up with their 1st defeat of the season.
2 seasons ago Cheltenham came to Barrow and were flying near the top of the table - they lost 3-0

I am disappointed to be missing this, likely to be the only game this season I miss. I will be at the England game on Friday in Milan instead and there was no way to make it back in time to do both.

Train prices and times aren't the best getting to and from Barrow, But I think we may squeeze close to 300 after taking 270 last year.

We're due a loss, I'd be happy with a draw. This will be a huge test for us.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It certainly is must win for both sides, if I was a neutral I’d fancy you guys to get it though. Another 6 pointer between Colchester and Dale on the same day.

Yep, we've still got a poor bunch of players so nothings changed in that respect, everything else around it just seems better, totally prepared for a square kick in the chuds when we fail again like.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I am disappointed to be missing this, likely to be the only game this season I miss. I will be at the England game on Friday in Milan instead and there was no way to make it back in time to do both.

Train prices and times aren't the best getting to and from Barrow, But I think we may squeeze close to 300 after taking 270 last year.

A trip to Barrow or Milan. That must of been a tough one for you to call.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Must win.
I'm expecting a much improved display, hopefully he's seen a few matches on ifollow to get a gauge how shite we are.

Big test of the players, do Hartley's signings genuinely want to step up? All will be revealed.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

Probably won’t bring a great deal - the trains work out abysmally and the M6 is absolutely fucked. Might rustle up 250.

As for the game, we’ll try and dictate play and wear you out. Because we’re set up to play through teams we don’t really bother with a defensive shape so are quite easy to counter against. Sides are best off pressing us because we’re good enough to unlock teams that sit in with a low block.

We’re similar in style of play to last season’s FGR side but set up as a 4-3-3 rather than 3-5-2, plus we’ve got considerably more pace in the side than they had. I’d be delighted with a point but wouldn’t take it if offered now - this Orient side means serious business and I’m drinking the Kool Aid.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Call ya self a fan, Glory hunter.lol

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I'm expecting a much improved display, hopefully he's seen a few matches on ifollow to get a gauge how shite we are.

Big test of the players, do Hartley's signings genuinely want to step up? All will be revealed.
two choices, Be professional or mutual consent. and close the door on your way out.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Probably won’t bring a great deal - the trains work out abysmally and the M6 is absolutely fucked. Might rustle up 250.

As for the game, we’ll try and dictate play and wear you out. Because we’re set up to play through teams we don’t really bother with a defensive shape so are quite easy to counter against. Sides are best off pressing us because we’re good enough to unlock teams that sit in with a low block.

We’re similar in style of play to last season’s FGR side but set up as a 4-3-3 rather than 3-5-2, plus we’ve got considerably more pace in the side than they had. I’d be delighted with a point but wouldn’t take it if offered now - this Orient side means serious business and I’m drinking the Kool Aid.

Handy that we're a pressing side then! Five home wins from five seems an impossibility, plus we're without a key defender in McClelland (loan kid from Chelsea) due to an international call-up - his replacement George Ray didn't convince me too much in the season opener, but I think he has a point to prove to Orient(?).

No idea which way this one will go, but I can't wait!

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Swindon at home, reckon it'll be another tight one. They're without Johnny Williams, which should help us though. Sounds like they like to knock the ball around well so I'd expect us to play with a high press, a tactic that's worked well for us under Hurst and we've more often than not come out of matches against possession based teams having had more of the ball than them. I think they'll look to hit us on the counter and they'd be wise to do so. We've ridden our luck at times at the back and I think they could have some luck if they can get in round the back of our full backs and get the ball to Jephcott. Should be a good game, I reckon.
Tough game, this. Not a place where we’ve done well very often. I’m still struggling to decide whether we’re a decent side or not - which is strange as we’re unbeaten since the opening day of the season.

Be plenty of fannying around with possession the be all and end all. We completely dominated Donny in the first half on Saturday but created very little. Second half we took more chances, scored 1 and could/should have had more, but also gave Donny a couple of half chances. I’d say winning at Donny atm isn’t a great gauge of where we are.

Grimsby will be.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Handy that we're a pressing side then! Five home wins from five seems an impossibility, plus we're without a key defender in McClelland (loan kid from Chelsea) due to an international call-up - his replacement George Ray didn't convince me too much in the season opener, but I think he has a point to prove to Orient(?).

Yeah, should be a fun one whatever the result. Pressing is definitely the way to go, but that will expose you if you over-commit to it.

George Ray is pure shite. Tall, but indecisive and hopeless when the ball is on the deck (whichever side is in possession). Dreadful for us. Kelman will be licking his lips.

Which side does Whitfield play? For all our right back Tom James’ quality on the ball, he’s not very good defensively.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Yeah, should be a fun one whatever the result. Pressing is definitely the way to go, but that will expose you if you over-commit to it.

George Ray is pure shite. Tall, but indecisive and hopeless when the ball is on the deck (whichever side is in possession). Dreadful for us. Kelman will be licking his lips.

Which side does Whitfield play? For all our right back Tom James’ quality on the ball, he’s not very good defensively.

Whitfield's position depends on if Kay or Waters is starting - I suspect it'll be Kay, so Whitfield most likely will start on the right.

Happy to give Ray the benefit of the doubt because Exeter fans seemed to really rate him. Haven't seen enough of him, but Canavan has been immense in the other centre back slot this season so I'm not too worried about that.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Whitfield's position depends on if Kay or Waters is starting - I suspect it'll be Kay, so Whitfield most likely will start on the right.

That’s a relief. Jayden Sweeney is only a kid but he’s an excellent athlete. Hopefully he’ll do okay and give Whitfield something to think about from a defensive perspective.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Enjoy this game and make the most of seeing a top of the table clash because both of these teams are gonna fall away, Adam Stag said so.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Stockport at home. Another tough one for us, few players out and another one went off on Saturday, so interesting to see what team we can put out.

Remember Stockport fans it’s a 2pm kick off, Saints v Tigers kick off at 3pm up the road and there’ll be 15,000+ plus in so get there early.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Stockport at home. Another tough one for us, few players out and another one went off on Saturday, so interesting to see what team we can put out.

Remember Stockport fans it’s a 2pm kick off, Saints v Tigers kick off at 3pm up the road and there’ll be 15,000+ plus in so get there early.
We’ve lost every away game so far this season so I’d say you’re being incredibly kind saying it’s a tough game.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
We’ve lost every away game so far this season so I’d say you’re being incredibly kind saying it’s a tough game.

You may be right. But Dale gave us some trouble first 10-15 on Saturday and looked good so I won’t be taking anything lightly.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
We need something to kick start the season really.

Only thing I'll say for this game is that now a lot of our fans have had their expectancy tempered, despite us being poor so far, this is probably the first game where we all pretty much expect fuck all. We've played Mansfield, Doncaster etc but I think many were still in the mode of expecting something. Could spark something. Maybe.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Tough game, this. Not a place where we’ve done well very often. I’m still struggling to decide whether we’re a decent side or not - which is strange as we’re unbeaten since the opening day of the season.

Be plenty of fannying around with possession the be all and end all. We completely dominated Donny in the first half on Saturday but created very little. Second half we took more chances, scored 1 and could/should have had more, but also gave Donny a couple of half chances. I’d say winning at Donny atm isn’t a great gauge of where we are.

Grimsby will be.
Yeah, you've had a very similar sort of start to us. Both unbeaten since the first match and both have looked good at times but also flattered to deceive at times. Think it was Firthy saying a few weeks back though that there'll be a handful of teams that aren't necessarily spectacular that'll be in the mix out of just being consistent and solid. It's too early to say whether either of us will go on to be those type of teams but it certainly wouldn't shock me. Tough match to call, I'm hoping our desire to get a first home win on the board will spur us on to three points here.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
That’s a relief. Jayden Sweeney is only a kid but he’s an excellent athlete. Hopefully he’ll do okay and give Whitfield something to think about from a defensive perspective.
Kay and Whitfield will switch sides regularly even if Whitfield starts on the right - an example being Kay started against Newport - but our 1st big chance was a cross from the left from Whitfield that Gordon got on the end of (but couldn't keep down). Both Kay and Whitfield are also just as likely to be running at the centre of the defence as they are at going down the wing.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
So far our fixture list for the start of the season has been kind to us, this is good with the injuries we've had. Looking at the fixture list, it isn't till December that we have a run of games against those sides who (at the time of writing at least) are up around the top.

Newport are an interesting one. Red Dragon says Rowberry is close to losing his job if they don't beat us this weekend, so I thought they must be right down there... but they're not really that far below us... 6 defeats in 9 though however we've only managed one more win than them. We just draw loads of games.

Feel like another draw is the most likely result, but we'll see. We'll no doubt add a couple more missed sitters to this season's impressive collection.
Rowberry needs to turn things round sharpish. 9 of the last 10 home league games have been lost and with the exception of Salford to some pretty ordinary teams. On current form you won’t have to do much to beat us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!