Saturday 25th Matchday Thread

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Disappointingly we were well off the pace today, but credit to Northampton too who looked decent. They were quicker to the ball, stronger, brushed us off with ease and threatening going forward. Should really have been two up by half-time, deserved the lead when it came and we never then created too much of note after the opening goal.

It was always going to happen after the other night!

Good to hear, hopefully it's the start of performances getting the results they deserve

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Yeah just seen it, awful decision.

Good luck with that. Kicked our lad in the head albeit he went in low to head the ball. Straight red in today’s football. No chance it’ll be overturned.
Another good 3 points today, about as comfortable a 1-0 you’ll see. Shame we couldn’t finish you off as the 1-0 scoreline flatters you greatly.
Ref missed a clear pen on Harris late in first half.

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Another game, another late away defeat.

1 win in 33 away games, we’ve lost at least 25 of those too.

Ryan Lowe is not the answer, which we all knew from the start.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Good luck with that. Kicked our lad in the head albeit he went in low to head the ball. Straight red in today’s football. No chance it’ll be overturned.
Another good 3 points today, about as comfortable a 1-0 you’ll see. Shame we couldn’t finish you off as the 1-0 scoreline flatters you greatly.
Your lot are the least sporting side we’ve played since promotion. And I reckon there’s a good chance of it being overturned. Thomas doesn’t even know he’s there.

GloverGing

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Very good win for us today, much the better side in the first half and made it count with good goals from Fish and D'Almeida. Only negative being the injuries to James and McDonald who have been in good form.

Second half we looked really tired and Stevenage started to look a lot more dangerous. We rode our luck a little with some of the chances Stevenage created, but kept them out for a third clean sheet of the season which is a remarkable improvement from the beginning of last season.

Clarkey_GTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@daveclarkeutm
Wouldn't say it flattered us greatly. First half we were very poor but we had a couple of decent possession spells around your area second half. We just didn't get to grips in midfield this game which has been our strength so far and we are still missing something up front. 1-0 was about right. You're a good side and deserved to win but you didn't batter us.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Your lot are the least sporting side we’ve played since promotion. And I reckon there’s a good chance of it being overturned. Thomas doesn’t even know he’s there.
Least sporting ? Whatyouonabout ?
Thomas has studs up at bollocks height and catches our boy on the nut. Gotta go.

Simpo

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Another game, another late away defeat.

1 win in 33 away games, we’ve lost at least 25 of those too.

Ryan Lowe is not the answer, which we all knew from the start.
The timing of our sacking of Wellens seemed slightly odd, but looks like the correct decision was made. The new man has given us some steel and turned round the losing mentality. We've not played great yet, but I don't think a Wellens side would have us on 8 points so far. Fingers crossed for yous.

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Least sporting ? Whatyouonabout ?
Thomas has studs up at bollocks height and catches our boy on the nut. Gotta go.
Well you just answered part of the issue yourself then haven’t you. If the foot is ‘bollocks height’ then what is your players head doing there (unless he likes to suck cock maybe??). Defender comes from behind him and striker not looking that way so cannot be intentional and as the foot is ‘bollocks height’ it cannot be a head high tackle. He was trying to control the ball. The only thing bollocks is what you are saying.

Brooksy

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
'Least sporting' ? It's professional sport not a tea dance ;)

(I have no idea what a 'tea dance' is)

Three points closer to safety. The Mighty Flynn does it again. We seem to be able to hang on to one goal leads and even nick goals at the end of matches. Unprecedented. ;)

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
The timing of our sacking of Wellens seemed slightly odd, but looks like the correct decision was made. The new man has given us some steel and turned round the losing mentality. We've not played great yet, but I don't think a Wellens side would have us on 8 points so far. Fingers crossed for yous.
It’s not just that we are losing, it’s the manner which becomes so depressingly repetitive. In a week, we’ve lost two away games after leading with 15 minutes or less remaining.

We’ve conceded 2 goals in the 90th+ minute and 3 in the 80th+ minute so far this season. We’re still in August and I’m already fed up.

Consider the absolute disaster of last season (and the one before that losing 12 matches in a row and 18 in 20).., it’s just grim being a Bury fan.

Put your house (and your neighbours house) on a Morecambe win on Saturday at Gigg Lane. The players are good but have absolutely no mental strength.

We are going down as it stands, unless we seriously shake off this losing mentality that has engulfed the club, or get a serious manager in, which we haven’t had since Knill left in 2011 I’d say. Barker was alright in 2011/12 too.

Since then it’s been Shirtliff, Blackwell, Flitcroft, Clark, Lucketti and Lowe... all absolute fraud managers.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We get constantly bashed on here yet whenever we give anything back we're told we deserve everything we get. It's just a bit tiresome. We never got any of this when we were shit, in fact we were everyone's favourite fanbase.
Hmmmm, it's almost as if you're not a humble and reasonable set of posters anymore. But that can't possibly be right because you haven't changed at all. It must be everyone else. :dk:

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Hmmmm, it's almost as if you're not a humble and reasonable set of posters anymore. But that can't possibly be right because you haven't changed at all. It must be everyone else. :dk:
We clearly are a reasonable set of posters, it's just that our club is successful now - it's bound to change our tone. As for you, you seem to have returned a different poster. You spent the whole summer baiting us like a WUM.

Are you judging our fanbase by the likes of me, Luke and Dave? Or impish? He seems to get under your skin for some reason.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We clearly are a reasonable set of posters, it's just that our club is successful now - it's bound to change our tone. As for you, you seem to have returned a different poster. You spent the whole summer baiting us like a WUM.

Are you judging our fanbase by the likes of me, Luke and Dave? Or impish? He seems to get under your skin for some reason.
Luke is fine, one of my favourite posters. I've said before that the problem I have with pretty much the entire rest of the Lincoln 1FF population is the whole "In Cowley We Trust" wide eyed gushing of superlatives at any given opportunity mentality. Even once rational posters such as yourself have fallen foul of this. Throw the uppity smugness into the mix and it's difficult not to try and provoke a reaction every so often. Impish does indeed exasperate the situation and I certainly won't claim to be an innocent party. If you think as a collective you post in the same manner you always have though, I'll respectfully opt to agree to disagree if that's an option.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Luke is fine, one of my favourite posters. I've said before that the problem I have with pretty much the entire rest of the Lincoln 1FF population is the whole "In Cowley We Trust" wide eyed gushing of superlatives at any given opportunity mentality. Even once rational posters such as yourself have fallen foul of this. Throw the uppity smugness into the mix and it's difficult not to try and provoke a reaction every so often. Impish does indeed exasperate the situation and I certainly won't claim to be an innocent party. If you think as a collective you post in the same manner you always have though, I'll respectfully opt to agree to disagree if that's an option.
I never claimed I post in the same manner. I just admitted the tone is bound to be different given we've endured 2-3 years of success, when before that it was mid-table nothingness and constant struggle. And yeah, I fucking love Cowley. Even if most of it is in jest and slightly tongue in cheek, if you can't hero worship a guy who has delivered an FA Cup quarter final, a league title, a play-off finish in our first season back in L2 and a cup victory at Wembley - all in the space of two years - then when can you? And let's be honest, we've got a VERY good chance of finishing in the top three this season. And this is a guy who personally messaged me and invited me to spend a day with the club last summer after having life-saving surgery, so I couldn't think any higher of him. What he has done for, not just the club, but the entire city, is quite frankly ridiculous. Grimsby would die for it, but it is good to see Jolley is taking steps to repair that bond after the friction caused by Fenty. If anything, I don't think DC and his brother get the respect they deserve from fans of other clubs, who only ever seem to focus on our long ball tactics and Matt Rhead. "Oh they've never done it in the league" was all we heard last season, and they produced the goods. Now it's "they won't be able to play a different brand of football and be successful" and yet here we are, top of the league and unbeaten. It's early days I know but Cowley has only ever been successful in his career, going back to his days at Braintree and Concord. I don't expect that to change this season.

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Surely it’s only natural, and allowed, that fans will gloat and be less humble when their club are doing well?

Obviously there’s a limit, but let them enjoy themselves. You can’t have it both ways, praise Lincoln fans for admitting they were shit, when they were shit, but then criticise the same fanbase for hyping up their transformation as a club on and off the field.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Surely it’s only natural, and allowed, that fans will gloat and be less humble when their club are doing well?

Obviously there’s a limit, but let them enjoy themselves. You can’t have it both ways, praise Lincoln fans for admitting they were shit, when they were shit, but then criticise the same fanbase for hyping up their transformation as a club on and off the field.

Pretty much this. The thing is, I don't think we've been particularly smug - not on here anyway. We just have confidence in our manager who has delivered huge success in the short time he has been with us. I make the odd comment, as I did today and on Tuesday, to get a rise out of the Grimsby lot who have spent all summer winding us up. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Pretty much this. The thing is, I don't think we've been particularly smug - not on here anyway. We just have confidence in our manager who has delivered huge success in the short time he has been with us. I make the odd comment, as I did today and on Tuesday, to get a rise out of the Grimsby lot who have spent all summer winding us up. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
It must be quite hard for Grimsby fans to have gone from the bigger club of the two, for years, to now playing second fiddle against a progressive club.

However, Lincoln will inevitably hit hard times again at some point and I’m sure the Grimsby fans won’t be so humble.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
It must be quite hard for Grimsby fans to have gone from the bigger club of the two, for years, to now playing second fiddle against a progressive club.

However, Lincoln will inevitably hit hard times again at some point and I’m sure the Grimsby fans won’t be so humble.
Of course, we're only too aware football is cyclical and we'll fall on hard times again at some point. It will certainly be interesting to see how we get on when Cowley does eventually decide to leave, but I don't expect it to be anytime soon, seeing as he's already turned down the likes of Barnsley, Ipswich and Forest and recently moved from Essex to Lincoln. Even when the Cowleys do go, I expect us to be alright because we have sensible people making the decisions in the boardroom and we have a bit of money behind us. So even if we do lose 2/3k from our fanbase, we've still got more than enough to sustain ourselves as a club that could yo-yo between L1 and L2. If I had been offered that two years ago I'd have snapped your hands off.

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Of course, we're only too aware football is cyclical and we'll fall on hard times again at some point. It will certainly be interesting to see how we get on when Cowley does eventually decide to leave, but I don't expect it to be anytime soon, seeing as he's already turned down the likes of Barnsley, Ipswich and Forest and recently moved from Essex to Lincoln. Even when the Cowleys do go, I expect us to be alright because we have sensible people making the decisions in the boardroom and we have a bit of money behind us. So even if we do lose 2/3k from our fanbase, we've still got more than enough to sustain ourselves as a club that could yo-yo between L1 and L2. If I had been offered that two years ago I'd have snapped your hands off.
I don’t begrudge Lincoln at all. I envy them totally, but it’s totally honest progression, unlike Salford, Fleetwood, Fylde etc etc.

You haven’t spent big, you’ve just utilised the obvious bonuses that having an extra 5k on the gate can bring. Lincoln must be making money which I’m not sure many of the clubs in this league can say.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Shit like "Grimsby would die for it" is exactly what I am talking about. Evidently, you don't even realise you're doing it so how can you claim Lincoln fans aren't being smug when you spewed that kind of rhetoric out while trying to justify yourself? I can take Lincoln being good, I can take getting a bit of shit if you do well and we don't, but I won't sit idly by and clap along to the Cowley ceremony. Who, by the way, perhaps doesn't get the respect he deserves from fans of other clubs because he is a bit of a twat.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Shit like "Grimsby would die for it" is exactly what I am talking about. Evidently, you don't even realise you're doing it so how can you claim Lincoln fans aren't being smug when you spewed that kind of rhetoric out while trying to justify yourself? I can take Lincoln being good, I can take getting a bit of shit if you do well and we don't, but I won't sit idly by and clap along to the Cowley ceremony. Who, by the way, perhaps doesn't get the respect he deserves from fans of other clubs because he is a bit of a twat.
So you don't want crowds of 9,000? A side that can realistically finish in the top 3? Harmony on and off the field with everyone in total support of the players? A club that is only going one way? Grimsby don't have any of those things. That's not me being a twat cos I'm a Lincoln fan, you know I worked there for 3 years so I know a lot about your town, your supporters, your director and your club. We've always admitted we're a smaller club than you, we've always been in your shadow. I'm big enough to admit I've been slightly envious of your fanbase, especially away from home. But now it's changing you don't seem to like it. That's fine, but come out and admit it.

I'm not expecting you to "clap along to the Cowley ceremony", just admit he's done wonders for our club and is a very good manager.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
So you don't want crowds of 9,000? A side that can realistically finish in the top 3? Harmony on and off the field with everyone in total support of the players? A club that is only going one way? Grimsby don't have any of those things. That's not me being a twat cos I'm a Lincoln fan, you know I worked there for 3 years so I know a lot about your club.

I'm not expecting you to "clap along to the Cowley ceremony", just admit he's done wonders for our club and is a very good manager.
Would I die for it, though? Would I fuck. No need to dress it up to the point of condescension.

I've been complimentary regarding particular aspects of Lincoln's current situation and Cowley on several occasions too.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
I see your Crawley and raise you a Swindon.
Joint second most goals scored AND conceded.

Most welcome to be honest after last seasons tedium under Flitcroft.

Hopefully this week will bare fruit in terms of defensive recruitment and we can start to settle down a bit going into September.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
I thought Lincoln were shite on the opening day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!