Saturday 29th October

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Blimey that is some going. Harris in any danger of losing his job?
No idea, we appear to be going through a takeover, so I’d guess he’s safe until that’s sorted.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
They didn't have enough up top to trouble them really.
Think they did considering we played with 3 at the back most of the game.

Thought Murray and Lacy deserve some credit, Being blasted by some all season.
Easy targets i suppose.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
To show how quickly things can change in a couple of weeks, so a warning to all fans going forward.

Rumour going round that Paul Hurst was in a Tailor's in Cleethorpes the day after beating us, getting measured up for his suit and was heard from a bystander saying "better keep the weight off for May with all those cameras there"

The gist of the conversation was that he was possibily suggesting he was gearing up for some kind of play-off final. It could be bollocks, perhaps he's got a family event etc but interesting one for the forum to ponder over.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Good win for Pools today,but only papering over the cracks really.
Grimsby making a massive blunder deciding to keep a one goal lead & Curle throwing on an extra forward turned the game.
It won’t see us going on a good run,we’ll just limp along picking up the odd win here & there.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
To show how quickly things can change in a couple of weeks, so a warning to all fans going forward.

Rumour going round that Paul Hurst was in a Tailor's in Cleethorpes the day after beating us, getting measured up for his suit and was heard from a bystander saying "better keep the weight off for May with all those cameras there"

The gist of the conversation was that he was possibily suggesting he was gearing up for some kind of play-off final. It could be bollocks, perhaps he's got a family event etc but interesting one for the forum to ponder over.

He's accompanying Glennon to the PFA Player of the Year awards.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

Top bantzzzzzzz. Looks like someone’s getting excited about the prospect of winning the Mid-Table Cup.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
N
No we didn’t. We started Dennis as the central striker and Stretton as the right winger.

So that’s where this “one forward lark” came from in my post at half time.
Nope.

Stretton was a forward. He might well have been pushing down the right hand side of the forward line but he was most definitely a forward.

Don't get yourself all flustered because we won young lad.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
N

Nope.

Stretton was a forward. He might well have been pushing down the right hand side of the forward line but he was most definitely a forward.

Don't get yourself all flustered because we won young lad.
Why are you saying nope? I wasn’t asking, I was simply stating what happened. Stretton started down the right. Your words were “we played two up front” no we didn’t. two up front implies that we had two players pushed right up as a front 2. Look at the shape of us particularly first half, we had Stretton Guy Moxon Charters as a flat 4 most of the time. And guess what, IT WORKED. I don’t know why you’re getting so offended by it.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Thought Murray and Lacy deserve some credit, Being blasted by some all season.
Easy targets i suppose.
Because simply neither are good enough.

Let’s not get carried away because of the final result, that wasn’t a great performance.

Defensively we were all over the shop at times.

We’ve had a good result and hopefully we can put a few results together. But hopefully Rollin is back soon

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Top bantzzzzzzz. Looks like someone’s getting excited about the prospect of winning the Mid-Table Cup.
Where do we have to finish to win it, pal?

Take it all day when you consider what a step up this league is.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham

Looks more like a day in court to me mate.

What’s he done?

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Because simply neither are good enough.

Let’s not get carried away because of the final result, that wasn’t a great performance.

Defensively we were all over the shop at times.

We’ve had a good result and hopefully we can put a few results together. But hopefully Rollin is back soon

I mean your right they aren’t good enough but they were solid away today, the entire team was a clusterfuck first half, couldn’t fault the defensive efforts second half, they were patient with the ball along the back line instead of the usual wellyboot upfield, put in blocks and tackles, honestly can’t see how anyone can pick holes in the back three today.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
We play some good stuff ourselves so hopefully a decent match.
Swindon are a good side and we’ve defended poorly so I cannot pretend we are worthy of anything but I’ve got to discuss a major and minor detail, the latter being the Swindon players utterly pointless diving and theatrical acting, at one point in the second half Willams (who has been superb) pretended to be injured, jumped up to push our player then went straight back down pretending to be injured again.

The major detail is that was genuinely one of the most embarrassing one sided bias refereeing performances I can recall for a long, long time, I assure you lot supporting other L2 clubs that if that was your team today you’d be frothing at the mouth, never seen owt so obviously bias towards one side and I hope something can be done about it.

I’m not going to make out he cost us the game though, we set up wrong and defended poorly. The game was ultimately won and lost in the first five minutes of the second half, we had two chances and it was criminal not to score either, Swindon obviously went and scored instantly after to make it 3-2 and never looked back.
Seriously, I thought the ref had a good game. Despite that it was a fantastic game. Brilliant first half by both sides and whilst the red card did prove the catalyst for the margin of the win it didn’t mask the fact that we would have won that game anyway

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I’ve not seen a ref performance like that in years, whereas i appreciate swindon deserved it( that ref had decided before the game swindon were going to win.

It was almost comical, i was embarrassed for him - fat c*** that couldn’t keep up, misses late challenges, misses fouls right infront of him for mansfield but amazingly has the ability to give a foul from nearly 30 yards lol.

I knew at half time we had no chance and that he’d determined the result, i can deal with incompetence but what’s the point when you’ve someone so ridiculously biased and one sided.

Pressure is mounting on clough, it’s time he started winning again, this side is good enough for automatic promotion, sadly the lack of depth (which he is directly responsible for) is causing us issues.
I must have missed the part were it was announced that the ref was from Wiltshire. Not sure how he is biased. What’s his motive to be biased. Whilst it was a cracking first half played by two good teams I’m not sure that the ref influenced any of the major decisions. Definite 2nd yellow for Boateng and definite penalty

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I’ve not seen a ref performance like that in years, whereas i appreciate swindon deserved it( that ref had decided before the game swindon were going to win.

It was almost comical, i was embarrassed for him - fat c*** that couldn’t keep up, misses late challenges, misses fouls right infront of him for mansfield but amazingly has the ability to give a foul from nearly 30 yards lol.

I knew at half time we had no chance and that he’d determined the result, i can deal with incompetence but what’s the point when you’ve someone so ridiculously biased and one sided.

Pressure is mounting on clough, it’s time he started winning again, this side is good enough for automatic promotion, sadly the lack of depth (which he is directly responsible for) is causing us issues.

The biggest mistake made today was not playing Ollie Clarke, Martin correctly points out in the stagsnet report he completely nullified Williams last time out, and soon as he was brought on today he got Williams booked and took off within 5 minutes.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
It will be interesting to see how things go for Carlisle when they're over the injury crisis. They were very comfortable winners today and Rovers only really tested their keeper once, with a Morris header well-saved by their giant keeper. Don't think we managed a goal attempt worthy of the name in the second half.

Simeu after being great for us has gone off the boil in the last couple, so not just against an old club. Fwiw, looked like Stretton started in a wide-right position, though things were fairly fluid. The Carlisle no 8 looked pretty decent, though went off just after the break.

Up against a resurgent Stockport next.
I dread to think!!

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Why are you saying nope? I wasn’t asking, I was simply stating what happened. Stretton started down the right. Your words were “we played two up front” no we didn’t. two up front implies that we had two players pushed right up as a front 2. Look at the shape of us particularly first half, we had Stretton Guy Moxon Charters as a flat 4 most of the time. And guess what, IT WORKED. I don’t know why you’re getting so offended by it.
He could've been lined up in North Korea for all I care.

He ran them ragged. You can always tell a forward has had a good game when the opposition defence start losing their temper with him.

Centre forward, right wing, central midfield, right of a four, on the floodlights. He was everywhere.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
The biggest mistake made today was not playing Ollie Clarke, Martin correctly points out in the stagsnet report he completely nullified Williams last time out, and soon as he was brought on today he got Williams booked and took off within 5 minutes.
I wouldn’t hang your hat on the fact that Williams went off within 5 minutes as he always gets taken off any time between 60 and 75 minutes

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I must have missed the part were it was announced that the ref was from Wiltshire. Not sure how he is biased. What’s his motive to be biased. Whilst it was a cracking first half played by two good teams I’m not sure that the ref influenced any of the major decisions. Definite 2nd yellow for Boateng and definite penalty

It was a definite yellow and a penalty, hence why the referee did not affect the result, but I cannot recall where a referee for the entire game had such a inconsistent performance that sided with one team throughout, there’s a reason Swindon continued with the gamesmanship because they were getting away with it, I’m not against a bit of shithousing so fair play but the sniper in the stand acting was a bit OTT.

I suppose the biggest mistake by the officials was the second goal for Swindon, miles out of play and everyone in the stadium except for the officials thought so, but I don’t think it affected the result ultimately.

I don’t wanna take anything away from Swindon who were very good attacking today, well worthy of the win, but the referee and the officials generally just had one of those performances where every decision they got wrong seemed to in the majority affect one side, it was really bad. Swindon comfortably best side we have faced this season so far.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I mean your right they aren’t good enough but they were solid away today, the entire team was a clusterfuck first half, couldn’t fault the defensive efforts second half, they were patient with the ball along the back line instead of the usual wellyboot upfield, put in blocks and tackles, honestly can’t see how anyone can pick holes in the back three today.
First half in particular they were all over, but as you’ve rightfully mentioned so was everyone so perhaps a touch harsh.

Just think we shouldn’t get carried away because Grimsby were so negative. Improvement still needed

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
It will be interesting to see how things go for Carlisle when they're over the injury crisis. They were very comfortable winners today and Rovers only really tested their keeper once, with a Morris header well-saved by their giant keeper. Don't think we managed a goal attempt worthy of the name in the second half.

Simeu after being great for us has gone off the boil in the last couple, so not just against an old club. Fwiw, looked like Stretton started in a wide-right position, though things were fairly fluid. The Carlisle no 8 looked pretty decent, though went off just after the break.

Up against a resurgent Stockport next.
I dread to think!!
To be honest the hysteria over our injury crisis is rather tedious.

For the majority of the season we've been able to pick our first choice back five. Whelan was rightfully keeping Feeney out of the team.

The midfield three of Guy, Moxon and Gibson have played the majority of games. Again they'd be most peoples first choice.

Upfront we've had problems. Dennis has been a regular starter and our biggest goal threat. Finding a consistently fit partner for him has been the biggest issue.

Where the injuries have hampered us is with our options off the bench and the option to rotate. Saying that rarely have any of the fringe players let us down this season.

Reactions: Boz

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Yeah up front has been where the injures have hit us most, but at the start of the season it was defence. Before we signed Huntington, we lost Barclay (still out), and Feeney in a week. Dickenson was probably going to be first choice Left wing back but did his ACL, and obviously we have a RB still out with an ACL. Midfield we’ve had a few knocks and a new one today to Callum Guy. Hope and prey it’s not serious as he’s one of our most important players.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Dickenson and Senior are funny ones. You could say that before a ball was kicked they'd have been first choice. However there's not a chance either of them would've regularly displaced Armer and Back on this seasons form. For me right now they're unquestionably our first choice wing backs. Sure having them there to cover and rotate would be nice.

Barclay started the season and was a loss at the time. That was a time before Huntington. If fit Barclay wouldn't be in the first choice defence. Whelan and Ellis have performed with credit when called upon.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
I'd also add Sylla and McDonald as not bad signings but both of them should only be squad players really

Echo what you both said, the players commitment at least under Curle, I won't question that. As a unit though we are seriously lacking.
Wes? showed some potential with us under Clarke then went missing theres a player in there just way too hit and miss

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Crewe to be fair to them came and attacked, but were feeble up front and had a short bloke at the back who got bullied by Josh Gordon. Given that we've invariably been shit against relegation strugglers for the past 3 seasons, they might just be the worst side we've faced in League 2.

The giant keeper clearly doesn't fill his defence with any confidence and nearly chucked one in his own net - not at fault for the goals though.

Gordon had his best game in a while and Whitfield just continues to be astonishingly good - another couple of assists today, I think. Another winnable game on Tuesday too, and we just cruised most the second half so players should be rested. A good week for us.
Gordon seems to be back to the form that saw us turn down bids from league one clubs for him had 2 good seasons here and one where he looked disinterested was always going to move on then.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Wes? showed some potential with us under Clarke then went missing theres a player in there just way too hit and miss

Aye, has something about him but is his own worst enemy, too many touches, too many step overs when a simple ball is needed, started well for us.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Gordon seems to be back to the form that saw us turn down bids from league one clubs for him had 2 good seasons here and one where he looked disinterested was always going to move on then.

He works so hard, but last season he wasn't getting in the box - that seems to be the main difference this season. Never seen a striker that loves a tackle as much as him, and even though he gets manhandled and dragged around by centre backs, he wins his fair share of headers for a little lad.

Lancs@(Bantam)

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Nothing really to say about today other than we were totally fkn awful again!! A break from the league this week is absolutely what we need imo. Change it up for the cup and regroup and have a long hard look at ourselfs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!