Saturday 29th October

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Unbelievable effort that. Despite all the problems, what a determined performance.

I thought Tranmere came into it towards half time, so was expecting the kitchen sink second half. But it didn’t come. So comfortable.

I don’t know how we can go from that half arsed disjointed shit show on Tuesday, to that in the space of 4 days. But it was brilliant. With one fully fit striker.

We’ve had better more pleasing on the eye performances, but taking all the absentees into account, I put that as best win of the season.
You had Stretton and Dennis - that’s two fully fit strikers - even if you did decide to play Stretton out wide.

Another striker in Sho-Silva came off the bench.

You had three strikers available. That’s all we have in our squad (with one of them being NLN level) so while you might have been stretched with a some players missing let’s not over egg the pudding.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Straight into a 13 hr shift after the match so not posted until now.
Very easy 3 points against a disapointing Crewe side who couldn't have scored if all Barrow's players had walked off the pitch - but to say they were the worst team we've faced this season is way off the mark - Doncaster for one were way worse.
onwards and upwards and onto Colchester at home on Tuesday which could put us up to 4th place and over the 30 point mark

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
7 points in a week including Mansfield and Bradford away aint too shabby. Desperate to get back into League 1. Hopefully we nail it this year
From what i saw yesterday ,you should breeze it ,miles better than us

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Good win for Pools today,but only papering over the cracks really.
Grimsby making a massive blunder deciding to keep a one goal lead & Curle throwing on an extra forward turned the game.
It won’t see us going on a good run,we’ll just limp along picking up the odd win here & there.
The next two aways look really tough, we'll do well to get another win for a while. December and Jan are a favourable run of games mind, if we are still in touch then hope isn't lost although I get your point, this group without half a dozen additions won't get enough results to keep us out the clarts

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The next two aways look really tough, we'll do well to get another win for a while. December and Jan are a favourable run of games mind, if we are still in touch then hope isn't lost although I get your point, this group without half a dozen additions won't get enough results to keep us out the clarts
My inside informant reckons there’s 4 players lined up to come in in January.
He hasn’t been told any names,but he’s normally bang on with any info.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I must have missed the part were it was announced that the ref was from Wiltshire. Not sure how he is biased. What’s his motive to be biased. Whilst it was a cracking first half played by two good teams I’m not sure that the ref influenced any of the major decisions. Definite 2nd yellow for Boateng and definite penalty

oh boateng was a red and i think that’s what was so annoying about the mistake, you could tell the ref was itching to send a player off, we said that at halftime.

I was impressed with swindon, the best side i’ve seen at mansfield this season, brilliant attacking play, though certainly impressive with the falling to the floor, was almost oxfordesque, we’ve got to learn to stop being so honest.

Last edited:

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
The biggest mistake made today was not playing Ollie Clarke, Martin correctly points out in the stagsnet report he completely nullified Williams last time out, and soon as he was brought on today he got Williams booked and took off within 5 minutes.

Sadly clough seems to be making more and
more mistakes recently, it’s like he’s overly complicating things almost

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Sadly clough seems to be making more and
more mistakes recently, it’s like he’s overly complicating things almost

I do think he’s become to reliant on playing players out of position, our three centre backs yesterday quite literally consisted of a midfielder, a right back and a striker - genuinely the interested if any other clubs do anything like that.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
You had Stretton and Dennis - that’s two fully fit strikers - even if you did decide to play Stretton out wide.

You had three strikers available. That’s all we have in our squad (with one of them being NLN level) so while you might have been stretched with a some players missing let’s not over egg the pudding.

If I were fair to HG Stratton and Dennis are playing through knocks because of constant niggles and injuries happening on a weekly basis.

One advantage of edmondson being banned 3 weeks is he gets full rest now to be fully fit.

I do wonder if this worthless corrupt World Cup is the cause of teams having afew injuries because no one had a proper pre season this year.

The injuries have helped Carlisle innother ways players like stretton have developed into good L2 players who’d never got into the side, plus the team ethic has developed and I personally find a team ethic and togetherness forms a larger percentage of a good team than sometimes quality of the players…..you can have 11 great L2 players but if they don’t work hard or gel its worthless

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
If I were fair to HG Stratton and Dennis are playing through knocks because of constant niggles and injuries happening on a weekly basis.

One advantage of edmondson being banned 3 weeks is he gets full rest now to be fully fit.

I do wonder if this worthless corrupt World Cup is the cause of teams having afew injuries because no one had a proper pre season this year.

The injuries have helped Carlisle innother ways players like stretton have developed into good L2 players who’d never got into the side, plus the team ethic has developed and I personally find a team ethic and togetherness forms a larger percentage of a good team than sometimes quality of the players…..you can have 11 great L2 players but if they don’t work hard or gel its worthless

Didn't they? I'm pretty sure our pre-season was more or less the same as every other season?

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I do think he’s become to reliant on playing players out of position, our three centre backs yesterday quite literally consisted of a midfielder, a right back and a striker - genuinely the interested if any other clubs do anything like that.

i mean if he'd purchased defenders in the transfer window like we were all expecting him to.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
BELEAGUERED Carlisle BLAMING Gulf State for injury WOES.
He's been taking lessons from Jurgen Klopp with a bit of input from the holier than thou British media

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
My inside informant reckons there’s 4 players lined up to come in in January.
He hasn’t been told any names,but he’s normally bang on with any info.
I reckon we need about 6, couple of centre backs, another full back, at least one centre mid and another forward. Keeper desirable as well but that won't happen.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
It was a full pre-season but it was a pre-season that started early. It might've only been a weeks less holiday but a week is quite a lot when it comes to resting professional sports bodies.

There's been a lack of rain this year. Pitches are dry and firm. Not so much a problem up here, we've had plenty of stuff. However going from nice cushioned grass to unforgiving grass could make a difference. Like with running, performing on unfamiliar surfaces is unforgiving on the body.

You can water pitches but it's not a perfect replacement for good old fashioned rain. Plenty of racecourses have suffered this year with overwatering dry ground. It makes a surface uneven and slippy. It could be the same for footballers on overwatered pitches. Quite a lot of our injuries have been ankle twists which can be linked to playing on less than perfect surfaces.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
A terrible performance from us yesterday, with the concession of two really poor goals at the beginning of each half making it virtually impossible for us to take anything from the game.

Carlisle fully deserved their victory but were solid rather than spectacular. It was by far our worst display of the season, with several players miles off their best, so it is difficult to assess the relative merits of the two sides. Carlisle do seem to have more squad depth than us, but the cup tie next week will be interesting.

Stockport are now in great form and will be favourites on Tuesday night, but we all know football is not so simple. We don't have many options, but I think there we will be changes in personnel as several players have gone stale in recent games.

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Bloody awful game from both teams yesterday at Walsall v Dale. Walsall winners courtesy of some comedy goalkeeping and defending by us. Aside from that neither of us looked like scoring all day. We're such a better side with Quigley in it so hopefully he's back in the squad soon.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
A terrible performance from us yesterday, with the concession of two really poor goals at the beginning of each half making it virtually impossible for us to take anything from the game.

Carlisle fully deserved their victory but were solid rather than spectacular. It was by far our worst display of the season, with several players miles off their best, so it is difficult to assess the relative merits of the two sides. Carlisle do seem to have more squad depth than us, but the cup tie next week will be interesting.

Stockport are now in great form and will be favourites on Tuesday night, but we all know football is not so simple. We don't have many options, but I think there we will be changes in personnel as several players have gone stale in recent games.
The opposite of our game at Stockport on Tuesday.

According to their fans it was one of their best performances of the season and it was one of our worst.

Usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I'd rather be solid and consistent than being occasionally spectacular.

The spectacular can come in the final third of the season once the foundations are set.

Last edited:

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
oh boateng was a red and i think that’s what was so annoying about the mistake, you could tell the ref was itching to send a player off, we said that at halftime.

I was impressed with swindon, the best side i’ve seen at mansfield this season, brilliant attacking play, though certainly impressive with the falling to the floor, was almost oxfordesque, we’ve got to learn to stop being so honest.
You need to watch the game back. Your players set the scene by getting in the ref’s ear from the get go. That also got your fans whining for everything. I’ve just watched it again. Boateng should have been booked before he was - went straight through the back of Darcy and we didn’t even get a free kick. Gordon crunched Iandolo by the touchline and we didn’t get a free kick for that either.

I counted 2 clear fouls we got away with and 1 of them the ref played advantage as you were in a good position but fluffed it.

I’d say the majority of fouls on Williams were niggly ones - but fouls all the same.

I’d say our players knew your lot were losing their heads and we milked it for sure.

Think we would have won any which way the game played out but the reason for the big margin was, essentially, your players ill discipline.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Wouldn't go as far as saying we're in great form, we've had a good week. Yesterday we should be winning when the oppo gets a man sent off withing 3 minutes.

When things weren't going for us, we weren't as shit as results suggested. Few wins now, we're not suddenly a great team. A lot has come down to fine margins. I'd take a point at yours Tuesday for sure.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
You need to watch the game back. Your players set the scene by getting in the ref’s ear from the get go. That also got your fans whining for everything. I’ve just watched it again. Boateng should have been booked before he was - went straight through the back of Darcy and we didn’t even get a free kick. Gordon crunched Iandolo by the touchline and we didn’t get a free kick for that either.

I counted 2 clear fouls we got away with and 1 of them the ref played advantage as you were in a good position but fluffed it.

I’d say the majority of fouls on Williams were niggly ones - but fouls all the same.

I’d say our players knew your lot were losing their heads and we milked it for sure.

Think we would have won any which way the game played out but the reason for the big margin was, essentially, your players ill discipline.

The referee set the scene by making nearly every mistake he made in the game going against Mansfield, Boateng apologised today, correctly because he deserved both yellows but to suggest it’s our players fault for the referee having a stinker is laughable. I’ve also rewatched most of it today, purely because I woke up thinking surely I didn’t witness that yesterday :lol:

The second goal definitely went out before right? Like I said earlier I think either way Swindon were going on to win that but it looked miles out.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I reckon we need about 6, couple of centre backs, another full back, at least one centre mid and another forward. Keeper desirable as well but that won't happen.
Mark Kitching back to you in Jan is odds on. We mutually agreed to cancel his contract the other week which was a little odd as he had been playing some games. We did sign Callum MacDdonald that same week though and he looks a much better player than Kitching so maybe both parties just knew the writing was on the wall.

I believe he can't sign for a FL team now because he wasn't a free agent when the window shut or something like that rules wise? So the fact he hasn't gone to someone in the NL yet, I reckon he's nailed on for you if the rumour is you've got some lined up. Ex player and from round your way. Good left back, decent left wing back, shaky LCB. He looked quality in the NL first season as a LWB but got a bad back injury and has lost a bit of pace since I think which has stopped him from looking good there IMO. Bad back injuries are bad ones to get, hard to get rid of 100% and effects your whole body even if you're back "fit".

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Honestly couldn’t see. And what was Clough on about when he said our first 2 goals were down to your poor throw ins.

That’s bollocks. There was nothing with either throw it was the player receiving the first one that couldn’t control it. The 2nd one went on a bit before you, again, lost control.

Saying all that you still fashioned a fair few chances.

Your keeper should have gone for a 2nd yellow when giving away the pen. Think the ref is a convenient scapegoat.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Honestly couldn’t see. And what was Clough on about when he said our first 2 goals were down to your poor throw ins.

That’s bollocks. There was nothing with either throw it was the player receiving the first one that couldn’t control it. The 2nd one went on a bit before you, again, lost control.

Your keeper should have gone for a 2nd yellow when giving away the pen. Think the ref is a convenient scapegoat.

The ref would be a scapegoat if we didn’t think we play poorly and were outplayed by Swindon on the day.

That’s what he means by the throwing, we gave it away from a throwing and end up conceding, the mistake by Hawkins for the first was laughable, you’re not getting the context right. He’s not saying it was due to a poor throw, it’s the fact losing possession from a throwing in the opposition half then conceding is criminal.

Regarding the second it’s convenient to pretend it did not happen from your perspective, especially if you are making the argument the referee did not have a stinker for Mansfield.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Mark Kitching back to you in Jan is odds on. We mutually agreed to cancel his contract the other week which was a little odd as he had been playing some games. We did sign Callum MacDdonald that same week though and he looks a much better player than Kitching so maybe both parties just knew the writing was on the wall.

I believe he can't sign for a FL team now because he wasn't a free agent when the window shut or something like that rules wise? So the fact he hasn't gone to someone in the NL yet, I reckon he's nailed on for you if the rumour is you've got some lined up. Ex player and from round your way. Good left back, decent left wing back, shaky LCB. He looked quality in the NL first season as a LWB but got a bad back injury and has lost a bit of pace since I think which has stopped him from looking good there IMO. Bad back injuries are bad ones to get, hard to get rid of 100% and effects your whole body even if you're back "fit".
I've heard him linked to us recently. I didn't think he pulled up any trees when he was here, but would be a better back up than Brody Paterson who is off L2 by a couple of levels.

Would he improve the squad? Slightly but I hope that the other signings would go straight in the side. That's the only chance we have really.

Know all about back injuries, I've got some minor spinal cord damage but enough that I have to do yoga type exercises twice daily for likely the rest of my life if I actually want to get any sleep at night.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

It's not so much who's out at the minute. It's been the constant churn as for every player that returns from injury another goes out again. Most of our starting lineup have already had at least one injury so far this season so a lot of them aren't 100% fit, we can't name a consistent line up and Simmo frequently has to change his plans at short notice.

Last edited:

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Kitching was a decent LWB going forward but couldn't defend to save his life, be a good squad player to have but once we bring in other CB's to replace the cack we have there now Ferguson takes back his LWB spot.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh

We all moan at refs but it is always our opinion against his and seen from a different angle. Sure they make mistakes but don't we all. Games today are played at a frantic pace, which makes it impossible to get every decision right but they give it as THEY see it. I used to get told that the only human not to make a mistake ended up nailed to a cross. Also, I find the statement "the ref was itching to send someone off" a bit ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!