Saturday 30th October

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Whilst fully aware this post may come back to haunt me come 5pm on Saturday, I really think we'll turn Plymouth over. Cooky has us firing, figuritively and literally; let's just hope we can keep the back door shut.

One thing is for certain, there will be goals. I reckon Plymouth will need to put 3 past us to win the game, vice versa may be true.

Well you got the number of goals in the game with 3 right. :)

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Maybe if you lads stopped your persistent fouling we wouldn’t of got so many decisions go our way

I don’t like to blame the ref a lot but the ref was a bit poor and in your favour. Once that became clear to your players, they went down slightly ‘easy’.

Hats off for the Mariner display though! Looked great there and the pictures after even better!

Having a CB at RB and a LB at RM was the main cause of our poor game. We did have our chances that we wasted.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Got lucky today. Could have been three down at half time when Bolton were well on top.

Scored a well worked goal early in the second and followed that with a good spell. Bolton had a few half chances late on but we got over the line for a much needed three points and an even rarer clean sheet. Bolton very unlucky to go home empty handed.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Yeah that's it, our persistant fouling because clearly your side is filled (*completely devoid) of quality we couldn't deal with. I'll happily hold my hands up if I turn out to be wrong but I'll be dumfounded if you shithouse your way to autos.

Bottom line is we only put the ball in the back of the net once; just a shame the ball was only in play for about 70 minutes of the 97 minutes.

Very bitter pill to swallow that we have fallen so far as to be 11th in such a shite league.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I doubt I’ll see an easier win than that again in my lifetime.

Not exaggerating but if not for the Donny keeper, that would have been 8-0 minimum.

Even at our worst this season we would have still beaten Doncaster. How the fuck are your fans putting up with that? I could go on all day about how bad you are but the what summed it up for me was when at 4-0 our keeper was just stood outside our area with the ball at his feet for at least a whole minute whilst the Donny players just stood near the half way line looking at him.

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Yeah that's it, our persistant fouling because clearly your side is filled (*completely devoid) of quality we couldn't deal with. I'll happily hold my hands up if I turn out to be wrong but I'll be dumfounded if you shithouse your way to autos.

Bottom line is we only put the ball in the back of the net once; just a shame the ball was only in play for about 70 minutes of the 97 minutes.

Very bitter pill to swallow that we have fallen so far as to be 11th in such a shite league.
Come on fella, you obviously don’t take losing very well. 16 games in and top for a reason. You had one big chance. Bonne on the turn in the 18 yard box. And he put it straight at Cooper. The other two big chances were prevented through some brilliant defending.

Safe (hope it’s really long) journey home.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Marvin Johnson lines up at centre half again today… I get Moore wants to play a left footer on that side but not a fucking winger who’s even a liability at left back.

That is nuts. He is a winger!

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Lovely result winning 3-1 at home to Morecambe. Tough game apparently though.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Come on fella, you obviously don’t take losing very well. 16 games in and top for a reason. You had one big chance. Bonne on the turn in the 18 yard box. And he put it straight at Cooper. The other two big chances were prevented through some brilliant defending.

We had more than one imo. For a start, we had the one right at the beginning of the match through in one on one but he decided to pass it!

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Awful again. Fans fighting between themselves and singing were fucking shit all half. Players all over the place. The clock is ticking for Moore.

Don't think I've ever seen a drunker fanbase. I was in the block right next to the Wednesday fans and the lads who got chucked out in the first half were going to be fine until the one threw a punch. Not sure it warranted the sprinting from the stewards to chuck them out though. About nine of them on two blokes in their late 50s/early 60s.

As for the game, I thought we deserved the lead at half-time, Wednesday's defence was shocking and we definitely took advantage. I spoke to a couple of fans in the bar before the game and they said the frustrating thing was that everything had to go through Bannan. This was so obvious and I felt we kept him shackled until Crowley went off.

Second half we sat back so much it was simply a matter of time before Wednesday scored, and even though we missed a couple of good chances, I'd argue they deserved to go ahead because we let them pressure us so much. It was great character from us though to get that late equaliser and I'm so chuffed for Matty Blair that he got the equaliser - his dad played for Wednesday for a couple of years and I think their whole family are big fans. His tears showed how much it meant to him - his brother passed away in 2017 and he was a huge Wednesday fan. Alfie May was interviewed afterwards and got choked up talking about it as they were both at Donny when his brother passed.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Where do I start?! I can't even be bothered to talk about the Plymouth's gamesmanship & time wasting, the only question I have about today is how much Plymouth paid that referee, I'm raging. When the board went up and only said 5 minutes I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Fucking speechless.

god I know, I can't stand all these teams who go out of their way with the dark arts.

Hopefully you're facing some bastions of integrity and fair play next to level things out...let's see, who is it?

oh

:shifty:

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
I doubt I’ll see an easier win than that again in my lifetime.

Not exaggerating but if not for the Donny keeper, that would have been 8-0 minimum.

Even at our worst this season we would have still beaten Doncaster. How the fuck are your fans putting up with that? I could go on all day about how bad you are but the what summed it up for me was when at 4-0 our keeper was just stood outside our area with the ball at his feet for at least a whole minute whilst the Donny players just stood near the half way line looking at him.
You don’t need to go on, we are well aware of how bad we are, lots want Wellens out but it won’t happen. I know we have half of our first 11 out but there’s zero excuse for the performance (not really a word that should be used for that spineless, gutless and talentless display) today

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town

On the contrary, I've not bemoaned any of our other losses this season.

Perhaps today wasn't an accurate representation of your side in the previous 15 games and you're not actually an ugly side, I concede I haven't watched any of your previous games this season but today your gameplan was clearly to play as little football as possible.

Ultimately momentum is a powerful thing and you may well maintain that through till May, I dare say you'll need to as I think it's pretty clear you won't be up there based on quality.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Dull as per when we play a team playing 3-5-2 and press high, we haven't a clue.
Two more injured.

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
We had more than one imo. For a start, we had the one right at the beginning of the match through in one on one but he decided to pass it!
Which was blocked through some great defending.. as was the other one in the second half

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
On the contrary, I've not bemoaned any of our other losses this season.

Perhaps today wasn't an accurate representation of your side in the previous 15 games and you're not actually an ugly side, I concede I haven't watched any of your previous games this season but today your gameplan was clearly to play as little football as possible.

Ultimately momentum is a powerful thing and you may well maintain that through till May, I dare say you'll need to as I think it's pretty clear you won't be up there based on quality.
No we aren’t an ugly side to be honest. That’s the thing. We aren’t the best side based on quality but our belief and team spirit is exceptional. An example of that would be the two blocks on the line today.

You’re clearly a good side, Celina is very dangerous and I actually was saying to my mates earlier today that I thought you’d still get automatic promotion, but we seem to always find a way.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Frustrating afternoon for us. Pretty dull start to the game bar a big chance for our striker and 3 successive corners.

Shrewsbury did however look very poor at the back and there for the taking.

Jackson went off injuried and had 11 minutes injury time first half. We score and Shrewsbury finally decided to wake up.

Lots of long throws and quick balls up to the front men, sadly felt their equaliser was coming. The game then just petered out. Both had chances. Type of game we need to be winning but same as most games. We huff and puff and there is great build up play, just struggle with putting the ball in the net!

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Don't think I've ever seen a drunker fanbase. I was in the block right next to the Wednesday fans and the lads who got chucked out in the first half were going to be fine until the one threw a punch. Not sure it warranted the sprinting from the stewards to chuck them out though. About nine of them on two blokes in their late 50s/early 60s.

As for the game, I thought we deserved the lead at half-time, Wednesday's defence was shocking and we definitely took advantage. I spoke to a couple of fans in the bar before the game and they said the frustrating thing was that everything had to go through Bannan. This was so obvious and I felt we kept him shackled until Crowley went off.

Second half we sat back so much it was simply a matter of time before Wednesday scored, and even though we missed a couple of good chances, I'd argue they deserved to go ahead because we let them pressure us so much. It was great character from us though to get that late equaliser and I'm so chuffed for Matty Blair that he got the equaliser - his dad played for Wednesday for a couple of years and I think their whole family are big fans. His tears showed how much it meant to him - his brother passed away in 2017 and he was a huge Wednesday fan. Alfie May was interviewed afterwards and got choked up talking about it as they were both at Donny when his brother passed.

Yeah that sounds about right re the fans mate!

The defence is baffling, we’ve got 1 fit centre back yet Moore insists on a right back and a left winger playing there in a 3. Shodipo who’s not renowned for his tracking back preferred to Jaden Brown (an actual left back) at LWB is a funny one too. But it’s been the same all season.

They’re right about Bannan too. One of our best performances (although it’s not saying much) was against Wigan when he was injured. Teams just know if they stop him they’ll stop us and it’s been the same for a while. I thought Lewis Wing would help that but he’s been piss poor.

I didn’t know much about Cheltenham before today, but the midfield 4 was miles better than ours for the majority of the game and we didn’t really look like ever troubling your defence barring Dunkey’s goal and the 3 on 1 we fluffed.

That’s a nice story about Matty Blair, I don’t remember his Dad, he was a bit before my time.

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
That is nuts. He is a winger!
Yep - out and out! The worse thing is, this wasn’t just an experiment, it’s the third time he’s played there

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Yeah that sounds about right re the fans mate!

The defence is baffling, we’ve got 1 fit centre back yet Moore insists on a right back and a left winger playing there in a 3. Shodipo who’s not renowned for his tracking back preferred to Jaden Brown (an actual left back) at LWB is a funny one too. But it’s been the same all season.

They’re right about Bannan too. One of our best performances (although it’s not saying much) was against Wigan when he was injured. Teams just know if they stop him they’ll stop us and it’s been the same for a while. I thought Lewis Wing would help that but he’s been piss poor.

I didn’t know much about Cheltenham before today, but the midfield 4 was miles better than ours for the majority of the game and we didn’t really look like ever troubling your defence barring Dunkey’s goal and the 3 on 1 we fluffed.

That’s a nice story about Matty Blair, I don’t remember his Dad, he was a bit before my time.

What are your thoughts on Shodipo?

A very hot & cold player and that is even in 1 match. Could do something really good then you wouldn't see him for the rest of the game. His defending did improve when playing for us tbf, but was only mediocre at the end.

Nathan Holland is a considerable improvement on Shodipo for me as he is happy to go outside or inside or lay the ball off whilst Shodipo only seemed comfortable going inside.

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
What are your thoughts on Shodipo?

A very hot & cold player and that is even in 1 match. Could do something really good then you wouldn't see him for the rest of the game. His defending did improve when playing for us tbf, but was only mediocre at the end.

Nathan Holland is a considerable improvement on Shodipo for me as he is happy to go outside or inside or lay the ball off whilst Shodipo only seemed comfortable going inside.
We played our first Carabao Cup game the week before the league kicked off rather than midweek like everyone else and he got injured in that so was out for around 6 weeks.

Since then he’s only started 3 or 4 games with a handful of sub appearances so it’s still early doors but I agree with your opinion from what I’ve seen. Clearly has ability but doesn’t show it enough which I suppose is why he’s not in the QPR side.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Well that was a nice surprise, hope we can keep up the good work at Charlton on Tuesday night.
I imagine it might be a more testing game though.

Pete Hedges

Reaction score
Supports
Sunderland
This always makes me laugh, "if we had of taken our chances we would of won that" but this presumes your team takes all their chances but the opposition still miss theirs, surely not a fair assessment. A look at the stats shows whether its shots on target or chances as a whole you were second best in both. So if both teams had if taken all of their chances you still would of lost.

So how did you deserve the points??

I have witnessed games where you have 22 attempts to your opponents 1 and you lose, and in those you think, we should of won that, but then surely it's teams fault for being wasteful.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
This always makes me laugh, "if we had of taken our chances we would of won that" but this presumes your team takes all their chances but the opposition still miss theirs, surely not a fair assessment. A look at the stats shows whether its shots on target or chances as a whole you were second best in both. So if both teams had if taken all of their chances you still would of lost.

I have witnessed games where you have 22 attempts to your opponents 1 and you lose, and in those you think, we should of won that, but then surely it's teams fault for being wasteful.

Watch the game, Pete.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I think he's almost as much to blame. From what I could see he was demanding the ball at all times and losing his shit whenever he didn't get passed to, even when it went to a player in a better position.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
A very tight, cagey affair against Wimbledon today with very little happening in the first half.

Second half we were much the better side and deserved the win. It felt like a 6 pointer today considering both our positions and form going into this one. We should have doubled our lead and it almost cost us at the end once Wimbledon finally got going but we managed to see the game out.

With games against MK Dons, Rotherham, Wigan and Sunderland coming up in November that was a big win and we should be looking to go to Morecambe on Tuesday for another 3 points.

Also thanks to Ipswich and Tomas Holy helping us out of our keeper situation the last 7 days. He’s seems like a top bloke and he had a very good game today.

Last edited:

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

I was simply replying to the post saying we only had ONE chance.

There was in the last 10 where one of ours were pretty much between the penalty spot and 6 yard box without anyone in front and still managed to send it wide. Can’t remember who it was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!