Saturday 30th September

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Sutton look like a decent side but when we scored our second they sorta gave up. If I were a Sutton fan that would worry me.

Our first goal was a decent bit of football finished of by a quickly taken shot from the edge of the box by Campbell.

Sutton them dominated the game for the rest of the first half and had 2 goals disallowed for offside. Down the other end of the pitch from me so I have no idea if they were called correctly or not but the lino had his flag up straight away. Sutton had shouts for a pen (down the other end) but Campbell was taken out by their keeper and nothing was given (it was a pen all day)

Sutton started the second half on top (seeing Kelly challenge Showumi for a header was surreal) but Crawley begun to pass around them. Their keeper pulled something when kicking and had to be replaced and I felt for the sub. Free kick from the left, free header, great save, ball played back across and Maguire turns it in. I'll say again. If the the centre halfs keeping Maguire out of the team at Chesterfield are so much better than him league 1 clubs need to be sniffing around.

After that it was all Crawley , we scored one more and could have had another couple.

For a side tipped for relegation (by me) it is a joy to watch some of out football. I'm waiting for someone to wake me up and say its my round!

Casey

Edit: I have no idea what is a foul and what isn't anymore. This is about the 4th ref I've seen just give totally contradictory decisions. Not just against us but for us too. I'm baffled!

Last edited:

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Decent enough away performance young Freddie Draper outstanding again Lincoln have some player on there hands there can see him being snapped up in January by a higher league club.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Club feels like a shell of itself these days, just piss poor on and off the pitch. If we have to drop down a league or two to be sustainable without Vince I’d honestly take that at this point.

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Mad game in North Wales today. We started the better side and deserved our lead after 35 minutes, super header from Demetriou had us looking comfortable. But the red card got them all riled up. From my view on the TV angle, it looked a red card. Barnett was unlucky to slip as he made the challenge, but he caught Tracey high and late in my mind.

Super finish from Mullin for the equaliser, frustrating though as they'd barely had a shot on goal until that point.

Penalty was soft I'll admit, but McClean shouldn't be dangling a leg like that. 99% of players are going down in that situation. Probably deserved our lead at HT.

As the manager said, conceding just after HT was so so poor. Not switching on at the back, yet again. Shouldn't be conceding like that. Should have kept it calm, taken the sting out of the game by controlling possession, but nope. Panicked, conceded, got their crowd back into it.

Got back into the lead with a well worked move, but the manager sat on his hands when we were crying out for fresh legs from the 60th minute onwards. God only knows why he waited until minute 81 to bring on players, but then they had no chance to get up to the speed of the game and we were in defensive mode.

Sickener to concede so late like that, whole team and the management needs blame. Management for the reasons above, the outfield 10 for not defending properly, including Cooney switching off at the back post. Oh and Davies for not collecting what should be a meat and drink cross inside his 6 yard box.

We lose that game heavily last season, so we're moving in the right direction, but don't quite have the nous and savvy on or off the pitch to see it out just yet. Still, unbeaten in September is way above what I thought, especially given we've played some damn good teams in that time. October looks similarly brutal though.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Club feels like a shell of itself these days, just piss poor on and off the pitch. If we have to drop down a league or two to be sustainable without Vince I’d honestly take that at this point.

So he's not in favour of sustainability after all, then

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We lost 5-0 to Swindon last year and this time only lost 2-1.

Progress. :bg:

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
In a bizarre turn of events.we actually seem to be a decent side with options off the bench as well. Whatever next..
Anyway tranmere.are bang average.
Bang average is highly generous of you, I'd settle on "shite"

Reactions: Boz

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Going forward we look pretty lively, defensively we look lightweight and have done most of the season.
Ten games in and top of the league in our first season back, you can't complain. Just hope we can stay in the mix until the transfer window opens because we will need to strengthen.
Colchester played very similar to us but did it better. Taylor very good for them I thought.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
So he's not in favour of sustainability after all, then
He is a man with an agenda, a sort of new age parasite...our football club is his host, he is using it to sustain himself and further his aims...my only worry is that it will be dead when he is finished.

Reaction score
Supports
Alex
Mad game in North Wales today. We started the better side and deserved our lead after 35 minutes, super header from Demetriou had us looking comfortable. But the red card got them all riled up. From my view on the TV angle, it looked a red card. Barnett was unlucky to slip as he made the challenge, but he caught Tracey high and late in my mind.

Super finish from Mullin for the equaliser, frustrating though as they'd barely had a shot on goal until that point.

Penalty was soft I'll admit, but McClean shouldn't be dangling a leg like that. 99% of players are going down in that situation. Probably deserved our lead at HT.

As the manager said, conceding just after HT was so so poor. Not switching on at the back, yet again. Shouldn't be conceding like that. Should have kept it calm, taken the sting out of the game by controlling possession, but nope. Panicked, conceded, got their crowd back into it.

Got back into the lead with a well worked move, but the manager sat on his hands when we were crying out for fresh legs from the 60th minute onwards. God only knows why he waited until minute 81 to bring on players, but then they had no chance to get up to the speed of the game and we were in defensive mode.

Sickener to concede so late like that, whole team and the management needs blame. Management for the reasons above, the outfield 10 for not defending properly, including Cooney switching off at the back post. Oh and Davies for not collecting what should be a meat and drink cross inside his 6 yard box.

We lose that game heavily last season, so we're moving in the right direction, but don't quite have the nous and savvy on or off the pitch to see it out just yet. Still, unbeaten in September is way above what I thought, especially given we've played some damn good teams in that time. October looks similarly brutal though.
Agree last season we lose that game. Personally thought we were good value first half even though thought the ref was booking Rio for the penalty which looked borderline from the stand. Needed to keep tight in 2nd half but we couldn’t - good hit from Mullin but the keeper has to do better. At 3-2 the game looked over, but fair play to Wrexham last 10/15, put loads of pressure on. Keeper has to come for the 3rd but doesnt and it’s 3 all. Gutted not to win but we’ve done that to teams and probably a fair result.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Going forward we look pretty lively, defensively we look lightweight and have done most of the season.
Ten games in and top of the league in our first season back, you can't complain. Just hope we can stay in the mix until the transfer window opens because we will need to strengthen.
Colchester played very similar to us but did it better. Taylor very good for them I thought.

We've got a philosophical question to sort out really, because as much as people are banging on about needing to improve our centre back options (and we do obviously), I'm not sure a slight upgrade would make much of a difference. We're not going to be able to sign Gvardiol, and any centre backs at this level are going to find it difficult in a team which doesn't have a defensive-minded midfielder on the books, let alone play one, and has two out-and-out wingers playing as wing backs. Oh, and they're going to see loads of the ball and need to knock it about nicely. It's a tough job.

Personally I'm all for it, we'll outscore most teams as we have done regularly so far this season. But occasionally we will lose 5-4, which is much more enjoyable than losing 1-0. The two goals out of the blue to make it 4-2 and 5-3 today were sickeners, though. I think if we got that back level in the second half then we go on to win.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Let’s see what we’ve got then.

3 league performances that have been below par, but a win and 2 draws (away at colchester and gillingham and at home to barrow)

Moving onwards, we’ve got wrexham and wimbledon at home before notts county’s big day out at meadow lane, given where we are in the league having played 2 more away games in very happy, but it’s tight league.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Decent enough away performance young Freddie Draper outstanding again Lincoln have some player on there hands there can see him being snapped up in January by a higher league club.
Glad he's still doing well, he's a big lad for 18/19 isn't he? Is he playing in a two or as a lone striker?

He signed a three-year extension before signing for you. I'd be hugely surprised if we recalled him in the winter transfer window, we've already agreed to sign a striker from Ireland in January.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
To be fare you were good for the first 20 minutes.
Whereas we were good for the other 70+. When they scored I didn't get the jitters like I normally do. I thought we'd come back from behind and would rather do that than take the lead and end up drawing or worse. Thankfully the worse has only happened once in the league this season.

My record this season - league only. 6 matches, 1 win, 4 draws and 1 loss.

Next match for me is Bradford at home. Hopefully the Plough Lane curse has been lifted.

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
Play with feathers and you’ll get your arse tickled and all that. We play out from the back in the most ambitious fashion and Notts fans wet their pants every time one of them gives the ball away. Top of the league and we score loads of goals - today could have just as easily been an 8-5 win.

Will never understand why football fans can’t just enjoy nice things.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
We've got a philosophical question to sort out really, because as much as people are banging on about needing to improve our centre back options (and we do obviously), I'm not sure a slight upgrade would make much of a difference. We're not going to be able to sign Gvardiol, and any centre backs at this level are going to find it difficult in a team which doesn't have a defensive-minded midfielder on the books, let alone play one, and has two out-and-out wingers playing as wing backs. Oh, and they're going to see loads of the ball and need to knock it about nicely. It's a tough job.

Personally I'm all for it, we'll outscore most teams as we have done regularly so far this season. But occasionally we will lose 5-4, which is much more enjoyable than losing 1-0. The two goals out of the blue to make it 4-2 and 5-3 today were sickeners, though. I think if we got that back level in the second half then we go on to win.
We'll come unstuck overall because we don't have the depth to play expensively all season. Without Bostock we couldn't control the middle. Williams said he's having to rotate to save players legs for the long run but we can't really do without Palmer and Bostock in the middle together. We can't get three games in a week out of Baldwin and the cover isn't as good. Brindley is a 5'10" right back playing as centre half and again he's the best option.
Loads of cover and options on the wings and at no 10 but if Langstaff gets crocked for a month we're again short of cover, no striker on the bench and Morais just isn't deemed up to it.
Stone is an upgrade on Slocombe, not by much but he is the better of the two keepers so again, cover isn't as good .
They've got real spirit, are well coached but unless we tighten up we'll slip down the table over the next few weeks I think as we play the top half teams this coming month.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
He is a man with an agenda, a sort of new age parasite...our football club is his host, he is using it to sustain himself and further his aims...my only worry is that it will be dead when he is finished.
Bring back Colin Peake, he'll find some loopholes for you to stay up again

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Bang average is highly generous of you, I'd settle on "shite"
That bad? Only seen the Sky brief highlights, the defending looked awful and some smart finishing by Wimbledon after CJ's well-worked opener. However Adkins post-match mentions starting the second half brightly and the sending-off changed things; stupid challenge from Turnbull btw.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Look proper fans will always be honest, and if you’ve got us all saying we believe it shouldn’t been a goal you know you’ve got that with us.

I genuinely thought we’d lose, we’ve been poor the last 3 games (though we’ve collected 5 points from them) and i thought we’re tuesday this would be a bridge too far.

I think both sides will be disappointed with how the other scored their goal, though clearly i get how gillingham would he more irritated.
I thought it was a decent game of football.
We moved the ball really well first half and should have scored more, but for a worldie of a save from Pym.
The Mansfield goal has been covered and I think we all agree it was a monumental fuck up from the ref.
That seemed to give Mansfield a real lift and for the first 20 of the second half they were well on top.
I have no doubt Mansfield will be thereabouts come the end of the season, and hopefully we will too.
Finally, thanks to the Mansfield fans for joining the applause in the 28th minute. Proper.

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
We'll come unstuck overall because we don't have the depth to play expensively all season. Without Bostock we couldn't control the middle. Williams said he's having to rotate to save players legs for the long run but we can't really do without Palmer and Bostock in the middle together. We can't get three games in a week out of Baldwin and the cover isn't as good. Brindley is a 5'10" right back playing as centre half and again he's the best option.
Loads of cover and options on the wings and at no 10 but if Langstaff gets crocked for a month we're again short of cover, no striker on the bench and Morais just isn't deemed up to it.
Stone is an upgrade on Slocombe, not by much but he is the better of the two keepers so again, cover isn't as good .
They've got real spirit, are well coached but unless we tighten up we'll slip down the table over the next few weeks I think as we play the top half teams this coming month.
It's frustrating as most of us saw the need for another quality CM option for this reason, I think some of our fans have gone overboard about Rawlinson and O'Brien staying on but it's telling that we've gone away from home and Williams feels more comfortable changing the system than playing JOB. As with the Langstaff situation I think it is hard to convince really good players to come when they're not going to be first choice, but the drop off is huge at the moment.

It's really an edge complaint though, we weren't going to only lose 4 games all season and games like this where we give a couple away are going to be more harshly punished in a higher division.

Looking forward to Tuesday, given how we've both started the season it might finish 8 all.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
The first local derby with Wrexham since 1997 in the league really didn't disappoint for entertainment yesterday. Absolutely gutted we didn't hold on for that win. I thought our outfield players battled hard and played some excellent football at times.

Shilow Tracey had his best game for us yesterday. Really hope he's not injured though as we look a much better side whenever he plays.

Harvey Davies is awful and has cost us so many points this season. I sincerely hope we can get rid in January as there's a chance we may well have been top of the league but for his basic errors in multiple games.

Two sides that played attacking football in different styles but weren't great defensively. Felt like a very old school game and two teams going at each other is what football is all about. I'm disappointed we dropped 2 points but I'd have taken a point at 3pm so I've been rational about it. I still think we're a competent goalkeeper and a ball winning midfielder away from being in promotion contention, but the outfield players certainly didn't disgrace themselves yesterday.

The penalty was a stonewall penalty, the red card was a red card. Barnett wasn't malicious but it certainly was a reckless tackle and he could've broken Tracey's leg. Parkinson is nuts if he wants to appeal that. Also, the American Wrexham fans on social media absolutely make you cringe demanding an investigation into the referee. They really should stick to baseball. Bad gimps.

It's good to have this local fixture back. It might not be for long but it's a more enjoyable day out than the other local sides.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Notts' incredible 5-4 defeat yesterday is on Williams. The chasm in midfield was crazy, I didn't realise Austin was playing for 20 mins. Agree if Bostock doesn't play then O'Brien has to, if not in a game like this , when?

The players nearly bailed him out of it because we create so much and score plenty but as he said post match if it ends 5-5 the feeling and thoughts would be the same.

A couple of poor needless individual errors by the players , a couple of great long range strikes all resulted in goals against but the initial setup was just wrong.

But it's Luke Williams he's got almost endless credit in the bank and if you are going to lose do it with style and a big entertainment factor. Rather than turgid never looked like scoring dull a dishwater type defeats we've all witnessed at our clubs over the years.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon

On that basis fully expecting 7-7 when we play you on Tuesday

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Doncaster were “beaten by a shit non-league side playing hoofball” yesterday. As everyone seems to be when we pick up three points.

Gi Dalor

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I think he's run out of ideas. Bringing on a young RWB to play in centre-mid when losing the battle there is unforgivable. I really hope he's gone soon.

Not just him in fairness. The fat German needs to sell up.

Whichever team gets Hughes the sack - I'll buy one of their shirts and become a fan. Quite like Swindon shirt so hope it's them.
Taking a bit of a chance that he'll be sacked before Tuesday (I know he won't be) and you'd have to wear one of those Walsall monstrosities from yesterday.

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
This Wrexham team are absolutely shocking, but we've paid the price for defending like crap against them putting every striker in Wales on the pitch. The game should have been out of sight.

We've absolutely gifted them a point they didn't deserve, how very Crewe.
Ludicrous. We twice levelled it despite having 10 men for most of the game and had a clear penalty not given while hitting the post and having a shot blocked off the line.

We were good money for our point today and much improved fight after the Stockport disaster.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Doncaster were “beaten by a shit non-league side playing hoofball” yesterday. As everyone seems to be when we pick up three points.
Not sure where you’ve got that from. We gave another masterclass in how not to defend and failed to take our chances. Thought it was even until we made our changes and went too gung ho looking for an equaliser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!