Saturday 4th March

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
7B38D7D5-7F0B-4262-81C3-73A69FEBE70C.jpeg

Colchester United at home:

They have decent away form, but did slip up away at Carlisle last time out. They have a new manager, so that’s their pre-match team talk sorted.

With Fiacre Kelleher in their defence, we’ve got to be in with half a chance - even at Valley Parade. Nothing against the lad, he’s just not very good. I rated Connor Wood, though - but didn’t appreciate his celebration for Orient last season. Dick.

Team picks itself lately, which explains our decent form. All season we’ve tinkered with formation and personnel, but lately it seems we’ve found the right formula.

GK: Harry Lewis

RB: Brad Halliday
CB: Matt Platt
CB: Sam Stubbs
CB: Liam Ridehalgh

CM: Adam Clayton
CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Gilliead

AM: Jamie Walker

ST: Andy Cook
ST: Dara Costelloe

Large crowd expected this weekend, I just hope we put on a performance. A win here and we’re literally knocking on the autos door, with a game in hand.

5-0 City

20,000 tickets sold already - 21,000+ expected.

2BD59F21-9369-4B8F-9133-4D3467752CE3.jpeg

Reactions: Cas

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
We never seem to beat Colchester but hoping that changes on Saturday. If we're serious about promotion then we have to be winning our home games. But like so many times this season it's set up for another disappointment. Big crowd, we've just strung together two decent wins without conceding, and playing a team with less quality that always seems to pick something up against us. Walker may miss the game which would be a big blow.

1-1.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
With Fiacre Kelleher in their defence, we’ve got to be in with half a chance - even at Valley Parade. Nothing against the lad, he’s just not very good. I rated Connor Wood, though - but didn’t appreciate his celebration for Orient last season. Dick.

Kelleher has been excellent for us so far, whilst Wood has been bang average if we're being generous.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
So Grimsby at home.

After getting over our “blip” and toothless spell, we’ve put together back to back wins and importantly have remembered how to put the ball in the net. That said, those 2 wins were over teams in and around the bottom.

This will be a step up. Grimsby have just gone to Southampton, pulled their shorts down and gave them a lesson before booking their place amongst the elite of English cup football. We should be under no illusions of the task in front of us. We have to do what a Premier league club isn’t capable of, beating Grimsby at home. A monumentally hard task that we’ll have to be absolutely at our best for.

Hopefully Grimsby will bring a good following to add to what will hopefully be a big home crowd. I myself know a few people who don’t normally go to Brunton park but are going to this one for the chance to see Anthony Glennon live. Maybe we’ll see quite a few “new fans” in for the same reasons so hopefully we put on a performance to entice them back.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Harrogate away for us which is the first time we’ll have played them away.

Win and I will start to think we’re going to be safe from the drop, lose and then we have Stockport on Tuesday which we’re unlikely to get anything from either and the dread will set back in.

Sold out their tiny away allocation last week unsurprisingly.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Harrogate away for us which is the first time we’ll have played them away.

Win and I will start to think we’re going to be safe from the drop, lose and then we have Stockport on Tuesday which we’re unlikely to get anything from either and the dread will set back in.

Sold out their tiny away allocation last week unsurprisingly.

They are truly tinpot, and not in the cute way, in the I hope they get demoted several divisions way.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Swindon at home. We have been truly excellent in E10 this season so we’re due a slip up. Both teams will be focusing on playing football rather than hoofing it which should make for an entertaining game if nothing else. Definitely one for my BTTS acca. Sure Wellens will be looking to get one over on his old club and the away fans don’t seem to particularly care for Vigs either. Unlikely our other two ex-Wiltshire residents (Rob Hunt & Jordan Lydon) will be fit for the game but you never know. Going to be not following the game from a jacuzzi so I’ll look forward to the match reports/moaning on here afterwards. 1-2.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
All the promotion hopefuls seem to have easy home games except us.

If we can get back into the play offs by Saturday night it will be some achievement. First visit to this Plough Lane.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Hartlepool at home. We are still missing key players in Morris and Hemmings, but I think we will win.

Connor Jennings is sure to get a good reception.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Home to Pools. Will we see the side that earned a hard-fought win at Stevenage or the one that managed to sneak victory over Crawley despite being the poorer side for much of the game? While it's meant to be a good sign to win ugly when you're struggling with form, play as badly as we did in the first half v Crawley and we'd need to have lottery winner luck to bag all the points again.

Team selection will be interesting. Neither of our young, wide loanees have starred when picked, since arriving in January and we might opt not to have a player obviously in the wide-right position and play narrower, given the absence of the much-missed Morris. Brad Walker did well coming on as sub midweek and, if fit enough, deserves a start in midfield. Elsewhere injuries/illness permitting, we're likely to be unchanged and fairly solid at the back, but toothless up front. As RLC indicates, Connor Jennings will get a warm welcome on his PP return. Askey had a reasonable record with Macc at Prenton Park, so while Rovers need a win to keep play-off hopes alive, I'm inclining towards a draw as the most likely outcome.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Really dunno what to expect from Askey's first away game, Jamie Sterry and Josh Umerah were both in the wait and see camp, could just be kid games and both are fit, I think Sterry will play as we have nothing else there, the forward line without Josh is hopeless, we're a lot weaker without them, would like to see us setup in a 433 instead of the miserable defensive 532 we've had to sit through most of the season with the previous 2 managers.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
We’ve lost already so no point discussing it
Before last weekend I'd have agreed with you, but then we went and put in our worst performance of the season...

I've no doubt DC will ring the changes, one or two coming back in who've been injured for two months, so it could be an unsettled side you're up against.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
So Grimsby at home.

After getting over our “blip” and toothless spell, we’ve put together back to back wins and importantly have remembered how to put the ball in the net. That said, those 2 wins were over teams in and around the bottom.

This will be a step up. Grimsby have just gone to Southampton, pulled their shorts down and gave them a lesson before booking their place amongst the elite of English cup football. We should be under no illusions of the task in front of us. We have to do what a Premier league club isn’t capable of, beating Grimsby at home. A monumentally hard task that we’ll have to be absolutely at our best for.

Hopefully Grimsby will bring a good following to add to what will hopefully be a big home crowd. I myself know a few people who don’t normally go to Brunton park but are going to this one for the chance to see Anthony Glennon live. Maybe we’ll see quite a few “new fans” in for the same reasons so hopefully we put on a performance to entice them back.

If we get beat off Grimsby this Saturday then I will 'self ban' myself from this forum.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Really dunno what to expect from Askey's first away game, Jamie Sterry and Josh Umerah were both in the wait and see camp, could just be kid games and both are fit, I think Sterry will play as we have nothing else there, the forward line without Josh is hopeless, we're a lot weaker without them, would like to see us setup in a 433 instead of the miserable defensive 532 we've had to sit through most of the season with the previous 2 managers.
Previous 3 if you count Lee, he had the same turgid style.

Should be a home win but got a pretty good record at Tranmere, wouldn't rule us out especially as it's Askey's first game. I also hope we go 433, but no feckin idea what useless combination of defenders we can muster up for this.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
So Grimsby at home.

Cmon mate don’t be ‘that guy’.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
It’s a weekend for Sutton this weekend as Sunday is the 125th anniversary of the foundation of the club. Saturday will see lots of events off of the pitch, hopefully it doesn’t distract on it.

We’re on a great run at the moment, 1 defeat in 11, with a run of 3 wins in a row. I can’t imagine there being any changes to the starting XI from last Saturdays win at Newport. With Crawley visiting on Tuesday, maximum points from these next 2 games will be a great boost to our playoff hopes.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
They are truly tinpot, and not in the cute way, in the I hope they get demoted several divisions way.

It’s a shame as harrogate is absolutely lovely, really enjoyed my trips there in general, but the football club is just ridiculous, one of those where when they go down you’ll never see or hear from them again.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Kelleher has been excellent for us so far, whilst Wood has been bang average if we're being generous.

Kelleher barely got a look in here, but the few times I saw him, he didn't look up to football league level and I expected him to go back to Ireland.

Fair play to him though if he has been doing the business for you

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Given our side has been completely decimated by injuries (highlighted by salford last week) anything other than a wimbledon win would be a remarkable result.

Despite paying for the bus and a ticket sadly i can’t any longer make it, but it looks as if there’s going to be a good thousand or so (had sold 870 odd last time i looked)

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
It’s a shame as harrogate is absolutely lovely, really enjoyed my trips there in general, but the football club is just ridiculous, one of those where when they go down you’ll never see or hear from them again.

Spot on that. A few miles up the road from me, Harrogate and neighbouring Knaresborough are lovely places to live or visit. However, I never thought in a million years that I would see them in the nationsl league, nevermind the Football League. They have done very well to sustain their league place so far, but it is a truly local non league set up.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Swindon at home. We have been truly excellent in E10 this season so we’re due a slip up. Both teams will be focusing on playing football rather than hoofing it which should make for an entertaining game if nothing else. Definitely one for my BTTS acca. Sure Wellens will be looking to get one over on his old club and the away fans don’t seem to particularly care for Vigs either. Unlikely our other two ex-Wiltshire residents (Rob Hunt & Jordan Lydon) will be fit for the game but you never know. Going to be not following the game from a jacuzzi so I’ll look forward to the match reports/moaning on here afterwards. 1-2.
Don’t know anybody who has a ‘thing’ for Vigs or Hunt and Lyden.

I can’t honestly can’t see beyond a defeat. Like a couple of other sides we are decimated by injuries. We’ve lost 4 CBs, didn’t sign an OOC one this week, Khan is suspended. Half a chance we may have to include a couple of players just coming back from long term injuries but are hardly match fit.

Young Harrison Minturn should start in one of the CB slots - his first start.

Think Sol Brynn will have a platform to show he’s L2’s best keeper!

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Cmon mate don’t be ‘that guy’.
What do you mean?
I think it will be a really tough ask to win. Grimsby will be brimming with confidence. Probably the worst time to play them after such a performance.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
It’s a weekend for Sutton this weekend as Sunday is the 125th anniversary of the foundation of the club. Saturday will see lots of events off of the pitch, hopefully it doesn’t distract on it.

We’re on a great run at the moment, 1 defeat in 11, with a run of 3 wins in a row. I can’t imagine there being any changes to the starting XI from last Saturdays win at Newport. With Crawley visiting on Tuesday, maximum points from these next 2 games will be a great boost to our playoff hopes.
Were not in to bas form ourselves only 2 defeats in the last 11 for us, which is about as good as its been this season. Our problem being we draw far too many (7 draws in the last 11) we have injuries coming back though aswell Baker-Richardson who is arguably our best player and has been out for the last 3 months is expected to be on the nench on Saturday and Colckett and Chris Long (who's not played all season) are on there way back aswell.

Sutton 1-1 Crewe (Ajiboye, Agyei) 3,112 (375 Crewe)

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
What do you mean?
I think it will be a really tough ask to win. Grimsby will be brimming with confidence. Probably the worst time to play them after such a performance.

Or they could be absolutely fucked having played Wednesday night in Southampton using every last bit of energy to see off a Premier League team, and have another away trip to the other end of the country just two days later.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Not sure re the comment about not caring for Vigs. I’m not aware of any animosity towards him

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon

I can’t honestly can’t see beyond a defeat. Like a couple of other sides we are decimated by injuries. We’ve lost 4 CBs, didn’t sign an OOC one this week, Khan is suspended. Half a chance we may have to include a couple of players just coming back from long term injuries but are hardly match fit.

I’m quietly confident that we’re going to get something from this game. As E10 stated they have to slip up sometime. Love our trips to Orient ( few beers, pie and mash in Bethnal Green). If we want this to continue next season we have to continue our run (albeit two wins) of form.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Or they could be absolutely fucked having played Wednesday night in Southampton using every last bit of energy to see off a Premier League team, and have another away trip to the other end of the country just two days later.

Possibly yeah, and if they’d ended up losing I would say they definitely would be spent on Saturday. But more likely they’ll be absolutely bouncing and on a high from it, definitely to begin with anyway. The drop will probably come the game after if/when they get knocked out.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town

I'll be at Brisbane Road tomorrow. I think many fans would love to have Vigs back, he's a top league 1/2 keeper and very entertaining. I imagine there will be a fair bit of 'banter' between him and the fans.

The injury list is hideous at the moment and unfortunately our poor January where we didn't strengthen properly not recruiting any Centre Backs is killing us with Frazer Blake-Tracey and now Ciaran Brennan crocked. I'd be surprised if Minturn starts, I imagine Morris will try and shoehorn more experienced players into that position, if any are fit!!

I'm going more with hope than expectation in all honesty! It should be a fun day out whatever the result!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!