Saturday 6th March

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
FGR at 5/6 to beat us is like printing money. I don’t gamble anymore but for anyone who does I suggest selling every valuable item that you own (house, car, wife?) and lumping it all on it.

Great shout tbf, I fancy a bit of extra cash. I'll get on it straight away*.

*Selling the wife that is, I never bet on us to win.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Great shout tbf, I fancy a bit of extra cash. I'll get on it straight away*.

*Selling the wife that is, I never bet on us to win.
Yes i pawned in 4 football programs....1888 Bolton v Derby opening games of the football league featuring the first goal scored in league history by Kenny Davenport of Bolton. i got 3k for that

My 1923 First match at Wembley FA Cup final winning program v West Ham got 2k for that

My 1958 Fa cup final v Man u shortly after Munich got 1k for that

My 1990 play off losers program v Tranmere got 25p for that

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Yes i pawned in 4 football programs....1888 Bolton v Derby opening games of the football league featuring the first goal scored in league history by Kenny Davenport of Bolton. i got 3k for that

My 1923 First match at Wembley FA Cup final winning program v West Ham got 2k for that

Didn't know they made special programmes for the losers. Seems a bit low for such a unique item.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Bolton at home - relatively big fixture for this level (if I’m allowed to suggest that).

As mentioned, it’s a crying shame that this one is being played out with no fans. I recall the last time we met at VP, there was close to 22,000 in attendance - but that was the norm back then [ah memories]. @masi51’S Bolton might sell millions of iFollow tickets, but it’s a shame they couldn’t sell out their small allocation (3,000) at VP in 2017. ;)

As I’ve alluded to in the previous match day threads; we’ve become really leggy - fatigue is really starting to creep in. I understand, according to masi51, Bolton have rested a few players midweek, so this is an area of concern for me.

I’m hoping Gareth Evans is back fit. We seem to be better-balanced in that midfield. Taking nothing away from Crankshaw’s efforts - he can become a little erratic at times. In what is an important fixture, I can see his eagerness to impress getting the better of him.

The only other conundrum, for me, is who starts upfront. We’ve rotated Danny Rowe and Andy Cook since they arrived. They’ve both found themselves on the scoresheet the last time out.

Records since arriving:

Andy Cook - 3 goals in 6 games
Danny Rowe - 3 goals in 8 games

GK: Sam Hornby

RB: Anthony O’Connor
CB: Paudie O’Connor
CB: Niall Canavan
LB: Connor Wood

DCM: Levi Sutton
DCM: Elliot Watt

RW: Charles Vernam
CAM: Callum Cooke
LW: Gareth Evans

CF: Andy Cook/Danny Rowe

I honestly can’t call this one. Both teams in fine form and I don’t believe either squad is better than the other (irrespective of what masi51 might say). We’ve beaten them once in the cup and they beat us in the return fixture. Latterly, they were quite fortunate - and we missed a pen. But that’s in the past; both teams are unrecognisable now.

Should be a cracker. The only prediction I have is Danny Rowe scoring an absolute ThunderBastard - it’s gonna happen at some point, it might aswell be against this lot.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Irrespective of form, injuries or dreamy male supermodels as managers, Orient are routinely absolute wank at Exeter. We haven’t won down there in over 20 years and I can’t see that changing on Saturday.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Irrespective of form, injuries or dreamy male supermodels as managers, Orient are routinely absolute wank at Exeter. We haven’t won down there in over 20 years and I can’t see that changing on Saturday.
Hope you're right. Bowman is back and we simply have to win on Saturday if we have any hope of getting in to the top three.
Enjoy your free view on ifollow

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bolton at home - relatively big fixture for this level (if I’m allowed to suggest that).

As mentioned, it’s a crying shame that this one is being played out with no fans. I recall the last time we met at VP, there was close to 22,000 in attendance - but that was the norm back then [ah memories]. @masi51’S Bolton might sell millions of iFollow tickets, but it’s a shame they couldn’t sell out their small allocation (3,000) at VP in 2017. ;)

As I’ve alluded to in the previous match day threads; we’ve become really leggy - fatigue is really starting to creep in. I understand, according to masi51, Bolton have rested a few players midweek, so this is an area of concern for me.

I’m hoping Gareth Evans is back fit. We seem to be better-balanced in that midfield. Taking nothing away from Crankshaw’s efforts - he can become a little erratic at times. In what is an important fixture, I can see his eagerness to impress getting the better of him.

The only other conundrum, for me, is who starts upfront. We’ve rotated Danny Rowe and Andy Cook since they arrived. They’ve both found themselves on the scoresheet the last time out.

Records since arriving:

Andy Cook - 3 goals in 6 games
Danny Rowe - 3 goals in 8 games

GK: Sam Hornby

RB: Anthony O’Connor
CB: Paudie O’Connor
CB: Niall Canavan
LB: Connor Wood

DCM: Levi Sutton
DCM: Elliot Watt

RW: Charles Vernam
CAM: Callum Cooke
LW: Gareth Evans

CF: Andy Cook/Danny Rowe

I honestly can’t call this one. Both teams in fine form and I don’t believe either squad is better than the other (irrespective of what masi51 might say). We’ve beaten them once in the cup and they beat us in the return fixture. Latterly, they were quite fortunate - and we missed a pen. But that’s in the past; both teams are unrecognisable now.

Should be a cracker. The only prediction I have is Danny Rowe scoring an absolute ThunderBastard - it’s gonna happen at some point, it might aswell be against this lot.
A few little diversions from the truth. If this was the 2-2 in our promotion season i think we filled the away end plus a few stragglers in your end. 19k plus home fans.....ok
Those crowds times will return to both clubs.
Going back to this Saturday it looks like your duo have a big call to make up front
Hope you play them both that will show you fancy it and will come out on thee front foot. Will suit our style rather than sitting back.
Was not me who said we rested anyone midweek......Infact we played what i would call our first eleven.
Lee played who we rested the previous game against Barrow and with a 97% completion pass rate you can see why he is so important.
Doyle is looking tired in games and he lasts around the 60th min mark before being replaced by Miller
again good management of players.
One thing for sure is if your lads are not running hard in the last 20 you can be sure Bolton will.
Take a point now though i am sure if the teams are level in the last 15 i will want all three.
We have some big games coming up.....Cambridge after you. All teams have games in hand over us, so i would settle for a play off place, but some teams are really struggling with injuries now and it will certainly get worse for them.

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Was not me who said we rested anyone midweek......Infact we played what i would call our first eleven.
Lee played who we rested the previous game against Barrow and with a 97% completion pass rate you can see why he is so important.
May have been me, Evatt even mentioned it. Lee played about an hour, the front 3 also came off. Think the general pace of the game was slow enough, even those staying on should be okay fitness wise.

“I think so,” he said. “I think we took our foot off the gas because I think we all felt that the game was over. I was able to make a few changes with Nathan, Dapo, Doyler, Kieran to protect him and that gives the other lads an opportunity to get some minutes but also rest their legs for Saturday.”

We don't seem to have loads of chances still, so unlikely we get 2 against a team not conceding many. Also think we will give Bradford chances and the clean sheet run will probably end.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Tbf those sound like proper collectors items, no wonder you got a fair few quid for them. Saw this one programme from the 1880's with with an add for a company 'noted for football shorts, shirts and belts' as well as 'association football felt hats' and a Crane and Sons add selling new pianos, organs and harmoniums for a fiver or less.

They made a losers programme? Were they expecting you to lose then or did they run off copies straight after the game and to sell to fans in the car park?

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Looking at the xG tables Bradford seem to have a knack of winning in close games.

This from Jan form

From that period the xG results for us both;

Bolton P7 W3 D2 L2

Bradford P6 W1 D4 L1

In ours, we have a draw for the Oldham game, which was a pretty comfortable win and I think a loss v Morecambe, which we were controlling up to the red card. Other draw- Southend and loss- Mansfield (which we were fortunate to win).

Not sure if Bradford have any that would be misleading in there. And not sure if it gives me more confidence that they don't seem to be dominating, or worried that they seem to find a way to win as it may be another tight one.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
A few little diversions from the truth. If this was the 2-2 in our promotion season i think we filled the away end plus a few stragglers in your end. 19k plus home fans.....ok
Those crowds times will return to both clubs.
Going back to this Saturday it looks like your duo have a big call to make up front
Hope you play them both that will show you fancy it and will come out on thee front foot. Will suit our style rather than sitting back.
Doyle is looking tired in games and he lasts around the 60th min mark before being replaced by Miller
again good management of players.
One thing for sure is if your lads are not running hard in the last 20 you can be sure Bolton will.
Take a point now though i am sure if the teams are level in the last 15 i will want all three.
We have some big games coming up.....Cambridge after you. All teams have games in hand over us, so i would settle for a play off place, but some teams are really struggling with injuries now and it will certainly get worse for them.

You most definitely didn’t sell out, so I’m not sure why you’d have fans in the home end. Typically, we allocate c2,700 - from recollection, you fetched less than that. Sometimes we can allocate an additional block, taking the allocation to c3,100. In grande scheme of things, it doesn’t matter - I’m just winding you up.

We won’t start Cook and Rowe together because we don’t play with 2 strikers. We play 4231, but switch to 4141 in attack. Given the run of form we’re on, it’d be criminal to change it.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Looking at the xG tables Bradford seem to have a knack of winning in close games.

This from Jan form

Bolton P7 W3 D2 L2

Bradford P6 W1 D4 L1

In ours, we have a draw for the Oldham game, which was a pretty comfortable win and I think a loss v Morecambe, which we were controlling up to the red card. Other draw- Southend and loss- Mansfield (which we were fortunate to win).

Not sure if Bradford have any that would be misleading in there. And not sure if it gives me more confidence that they don't seem to be dominating, or worried that they seem to find a way to win as it may be another tight one.
That table is quite misleading. We nearly always take the lead in games and then tend to slow things down and not really push too much to extend our lead, which is why our xG may look lower than you'd expect. And to be fair, its probably one criticism I still have, that we don't push on to extend our leads. We don't sit on 1-0s but we don't exactly go out to score 2 or 3 either.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
50c03y.jpg

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
That table is quite misleading. We nearly always take the lead in games and then tend to slow things down and not really push too much to extend our lead, which is why our xG may look lower than you'd expect. And to be fair, its probably one criticism I still have, that we don't push on to extend our leads. We don't sit on 1-0s but we don't exactly go out to score 2 or 3 either.
Fair enough, that's similar to the Oldham game for us. When you're ahead the other team probably add to their figures in the last 15 mins to even it up a bit.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Tbf those sound like proper collectors items, no wonder you got a fair few quid for them. Saw this one programme from the 1880's with with an add for a company 'noted for football shorts, shirts and belts' as well as 'association football felt hats' and a Crane and Sons add selling new pianos, organs and harmoniums for a fiver or less.

They made a losers programme? Were they expecting you to lose then or did they run off copies straight after the game and to sell to fans in the car park?
Bit tongue in cheek chris

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

This from Jan form

Bolton P7 W3 D2 L2

Bradford P6 W1 D4 L1

what a load of bollox as proved

Reactions: loz

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Us and Bradford are big fish in this league but if we moved up the pyramid quite frankly we would be average.

You will be in the same position as us next season when say Grimsby play Skegness

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Are we shite? Are our tactics awful? Do I spend 90 mins utterly depressed? - Yes

Am I spending another £10 on ifollow anyway? - Also Yes
What else are we going to complain about until Tuesday? Have also decided I'm going boozeless this weekend. The football will test this.
Us and Bradford are big fish in this league but if we moved up the pyramid quite frankly we would be average.

You will be in the same position as us next season when say Grimsby play Skegness
You keep saying Skegness. You know they aren't in the Conference, right?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You most definitely didn’t sell out, so I’m not sure why you’d have fans in the home end. Typically, we allocate c2,700 - from recollection, you fetched less than that. Sometimes we can allocate an additional block, taking the allocation to c3,100. In grande scheme of things, it doesn’t matter - I’m just winding you up.

We won’t start Cook and Rowe together because we don’t play with 2 strikers. We play 4231, but switch to 4141 in attack. Given the run of form we’re on, it’d be criminal to change it.
we play identical to you, though our two defensive midfielders williams and lee will drop in if either of our full backs attack down the flanks.
What else are we going to complain about until Tuesday? Have also decided I'm going boozeless this weekend. The football will test this.

You keep saying Skegness. You know they aren't in the Conference, right?
yes but the will be no need for i follow games next season so i was thinking pre season friendly

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
what a load of bollox as proved
As proved by what?

As a model for analysing matches based on what is probably limited data in league 2 it isn't too bad. A lot of the league is roughly forecast to be where they actually are. The anomalies may be down to good/ poor finishing, eg Tranmere and Vaughan v a Barrow.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Anything less than 10,000 sales would be poor from Bolton’s perspective - through masi51 own admission.
Did 6k against Newport when quite frankly we was shit....so a improvement on that is quite likely

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
As proved by what?

As a model for analysing matches based on what is probably limited data in league 2 it isn't too bad. A lot of the league is roughly forecast to be where they actually are. The anomalies may be down to good/ poor finishing, eg Tranmere and Vaughan v a Barrow.
if i had guessed the next six games not using any stats i would have comfortably predicted better than they did.
Infact they were clueless

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
yes but the will be no need for i follow games next season so i was thinking pre season friendly
Okay, so your joke is that we might play Skegness in pre-season if we go down? You've absolutely owned us there, I have to say.

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
if i had guessed the next six games not using any stats i would have comfortably predicted better than they did.
Infact they were clueless
Well it isn't a prediction.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

No chance you'll manage that. Barrow loss will drive me to the cans. Barrow win and I'll definitely be on the cans.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
No chance you'll manage that. Barrow loss will drive me to the cans. Barrow win and I'll definitely be on the cans.
Barrow draw? On the cans.

We could have some kind of relagtion 1FF drinking game. Shot of whatever you have in your house when you lose 1-0, as we all seem to be doing that with a bit of regularity.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Barrow draw? On the cans.

We could have some kind of relagtion 1FF drinking game. Shot of whatever you have in your house when you lose 1-0, as we all seem to be doing that with a bit of regularity.

Down a pint for every defender in our starting XI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!