Saturday 9th October

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Did you have any issues with the penalty.

The presenter on the EFL highlights called it “shocking “

Just surprised me at his opinionated he was !

Not sure if he meant the decision itself ot fact Stockport scored or won tbh .

I thought at the time it was a penalty but I haven't seen it back yet. Normally wait for our extended highlights on our YouTube channel, but with one attempt at goal in ninety minutes I may be giving it a miss ..

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
I thought at the time it was a penalty but I haven't seen it back yet. Normally wait for our extended highlights on our YouTube channel, but with one attempt at goal in ninety minutes I may be giving it a miss ..
Looked like there was a push in the back (maybe not deliberately as such ) but we all know it doesn’t take much for any attacker to go down in any league I suspect .

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Northampton, mansfield, bradford and salford top 7, who probably will be a good bet for 3 out of the top 4 to go up automatically.

Admirable starts for orient and stevenage also, who both provide evidence that literally anyone can have a good start to the season and maybe go on from there.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Looked like there was a push in the back (maybe not deliberately as such ) but we all know it doesn’t take much for any attacker to go down in any league I suspect .

Looks soft having just watched it. With how poor refs have been at Valley Parade this season I don't think players should be putting themselves into positions where they're giving the refs a decision to make. Oh well.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Northampton, mansfield, bradford and salford top 7, who probably will be a good bet for 3 out of the top 4 to go up automatically.

Admirable starts for orient and stevenage also, who both provide evidence that literally anyone can have a good start to the season and maybe go on from there.

Can't agree regarding us and the top three. We've been picking up results aside from today, but the performances haven't been there. We need Walker back and we need to bring in a decent CM in the January window. Them I reckon we could get ourselves a playoff spot. But too 3? No chance.

I fancy Grimsby and Tranmere to fight for a playoff spot too. Mansfield, Northampton and Orient top three.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Did you have any issues with the penalty.

The presenter on the EFL highlights called it “shocking “

Just surprised me at his opinionated he was !

Not sure if he meant the decision itself ot fact Stockport scored or won tbh .
It was an obvious pen. Nobody from Bradford even complained and Sarcevic picked up a facial injury as the push sent him into another Bradford defender.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
It didn't sound the best of games down in SWLondon, but Rovers deserving their win against an injury-hit Sutton team. Able to get to my first Rovers game in about 6 weeks v Crewe. Hope it’s a continuation of our current good league form.

Wonder if you’ll boo if Rovers score?

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County

You gotta try harder than that to wind up the Orient fans. Way too obvious.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
You gotta try harder than that to wind up the Orient fans. Way too obvious.

i don’t get this comment, i’m typing what i believe. there’s no club in this league that i’ve anything against, ultimately we’re all following 4th division sides, which in fairness we all deserve a medal for. if folk get wound up by others having a difference of opinion they need to get out more.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
i don’t get this comment, i’m typing what i believe. there’s no club in this league that i’ve anything against, ultimately we’re all following 4th division sides, which in fairness we all deserve a medal for.

I genuinely don’t see stevenage or orient finishing above mansfield.
Course you are.

So explain to me what Orient are missing that the four teams you mention have got?

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
i don’t get this comment, i’m typing what i believe. there’s no club in this league that i’ve anything against, ultimately we’re all following 4th division sides, which in fairness we all deserve a medal for. if folk get wound up by others having a difference of opinion they need to get out more.

Orient put in a better away performance against us than you did, and nobbed us 2-0. They're a better side than Mansfield.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
So after reading this thread basically we’re all shit apart from Leyton Orient who are decent but not clinical enough.

I do miss the batshit crazy National League and all the ridiculous scores. I’m glad we’re back in the football league but it’s quite dull League Two in comparison.

It’s almost as if you’re playing better sides week in week out and not having teams like Barnet roll over and concede 7 against you…

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Orient put in a better away performance against us than you did, and nobbed us 2-0. They're a better side than Mansfield.

today was poor wasn’t it, we were well below par today, but nicked the goal while never looking like we’d concede throughout the game.

I was surprised by barrow in honesty, i expected more given their position but understand how much they’ve improved under the new manager.

ref was poor for both sides.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Can't agree regarding us and the top three. We've been picking up results aside from today, but the performances haven't been there. We need Walker back and we need to bring in a decent CM in the January window. Them I reckon we could get ourselves a playoff spot. But too 3? No chance.

I fancy Grimsby and Tranmere to fight for a playoff spot too. Mansfield, Northampton and Orient top three.

i think you’ll get it right - i genuinely believe the sides i’ve stated will be up there, will be back up in bradford for the weekend again, cracking away day

Reactions: Cas

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
It’s almost as if you’re playing better sides week in week out and not having teams like Barnet roll over and concede 7 against you…
Why does that mean the league has to be boring? Because it relly, really is.

We know it's a harder division, we understand how the levels of football of work County fans even under 30 will have seen us in 5 different divisions. NL to L2 is by far the smallest gap in league quality in the English professional pyramid though.

All our games have been decided with a draw or a nicked goal either way and that is with us getting our recruitment quite badly wrong. We'll be nowhere near the bottom 6. Grimsby who finished like 6th in the NL are cruising along as sweet as a nut aswell.

It's a staggering stat that no team has ever been relegated coming up from level 5 to 4 for so long. Unheard of in most professional leagues in the world possibly. Yes only two spots will have skewed it that way further.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Why does that mean the league has to be boring? Because it relly, really is.

We know it's a harder division, we understand how the levels of football of work County fans even under 30 will have seen us in 5 different divisions. NL to L2 is by far the smallest gap in league quality in the English professional pyramid though.

All our games have been decided with a draw or a nicked goal either way and that is with us getting our recruitment quite badly wrong. We'll be nowhere near the bottom 6. Grimsby who finished like 6th in the NL are cruising along as sweet as a nut aswell.

It's a staggering stat that no team has ever been relegated coming up from level 5 to 4 for so long. Unheard of in most professional leagues in the world possibly. Yes only two spots will have skewed it that way further.

Not sure, and again only 1 game, but when you came to mansfield we were poor and had a fabulous goal but it woke us up and within 5 minutes we were 2-1 up and you barely touched the ball again.

It’s alright going 1 up in the conference against the cat & fiddle and holding out, it doesn’t work that way here.

Personally i believe you’ll work out the lay of the land and improve and be up there next season.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Not sure, and again only 1 game, but when you came to mansfield we were poor and had a fabulous goal but it woke us up and within 5 minutes we were 2-1 up and you barely touched the ball again.

It’s alright going 1 up in the conference against the cat & fiddle and holding out, it doesn’t work that way here.

Personally i believe you’ll work out the lay of the land and improve and be up there next season.
We're all in agreement you're the only good team we've seen, even if you think you were poor. You should see the other teams. You're probably viewing Bradford, Northampton as competitors, you were light years ahead of them, I watched all three matches.

Even in that game though, fuck all happened first half apart from you dominating play, we score a great goal, you blitz us to turn it around, you say we barely touched it again we hit the outside of the post and I remember Camps blasting one inches wide with minutes remaining. And that was the biggest difference between two sides I've seen us play this season.

I agree with the final sentence tbh. We get some more pace up top and tweak (not overhaul by any means) the defence which does get punished more at this level, we could be pretty good tbh. But I bet 90% of the league says similar in regards to tweaks.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
You can go back down if you like?
I don't have a say in that mate.

But on a serious note, I obviously don't want to go down again. But as a neutral, I enjoy looking at the NL landscape much more. There seems to be no variety to how teams play at this level and it isn't eye catching football put it that way.

Bradford today would have been given a proper game by shit like Bromley, Boreham Wood etc. Absolutely convinced of that.

• Haha

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
We're all in agreement you're the only good team we've seen, even if you think you were poor. You should see the other teams. You're probably viewing Bradford, Northampton as competitors, you were light years ahead of them, I watched all three matches.

Even in that game though, fuck all happened first half apart from you dominating play, we score a great goal, you blitz us to turn it around, you say we barely touched it again we hit the outside of the post and I remember Camps blasting one inches wide with minutes remaining. And that was the biggest difference between two sides I've seen us play this season.

I agree with the final sentence tbh. We get some more pace up top and tweak (not overhaul by any means) the defence which does get punished more at this level, we could be pretty good tbh. But I bet 90% of the league says similar in regards to tweaks.

i agree with you on the pace, that’s what you didn’t quite have, like the technical ability was clearly there but it’s like you were expecting more time on the ball and not to be closed down so quickly, again smarts dictate you’ll adapt and it pick it up.

we will come across far worse sides than you this season, that’s for sure.

must admit i’m surprised you thought we were good that game, we were terrible by our standards and clough absolutely bollocked them afterward.

Living up your neck of the woods i’ve sympathetic view on you guys, especially with what sale sharks did to you, which was criminal.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
i think you’ll get it right - i genuinely believe the sides i’ve stated will be up there, will be back up in bradford for the weekend again, cracking away day

Disappointingly I won't be able to attend the rearranged game at your place

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Disappointingly I won't be able to attend the rearranged game at your place

Me either, shame the game was called off but given the unique reasons for it happening it’s not the end of the world

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
i agree with you on the pace, that’s what you didn’t quite have, like the technical ability was clearly there but it’s like you were expecting more time on the ball and not to be closed down so quickly, again smarts dictate you’ll adapt and it pick it up.

we will come across far worse sides than you this season, that’s for sure.

must admit i’m surprised you thought we were good that game, we were terrible by our standards and clough absolutely bollocked them afterward.

Living up your neck of the woods i’ve sympathetic view on you guys, especially with what sale sharks did to you, which was criminal.
Yeah sounds like you watched the same team we watch Adam.

Well that just shows you what else I've watched in the league, it really has largely been turgid sides. Your midfielders were sharp on the ball that day and that Swan looked a great young striker who really stretched our defence with his off the ball running. He's actually an example of a profile of a striker I think we need.

Yeah off the pitch must better now as you know, Stott's come in, put money in on an off the pitch, academy getting developed, ground plans etc and ultimately ambition. 4 years ago we were down playing Bradford Park Avenue today we played at Bradford City. Sounds tinpot because City is more our natural level but it's noteworthy for any County fan who's lived through the last decade.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I don't have a say in that mate.

But on a serious note, I obviously don't want to go down again. But as a neutral, I enjoy looking at the NL landscape much more. There seems to be no variety to how teams play at this level and it isn't eye catching football put it that way.

Bradford today would have been given a proper game by shit like Bromley, Boreham Wood etc. Absolutely convinced of that.
Because there are some proper shit teams at the bottom of the National League, who might just roll over and lose 7-0, or stand for 90 minutes like a sea wall and completely shithouse you for a 1-0 win.

Oh and there are some as big as fridge freezers who will win consistently 1-0, whilst booting everyone else up in the air.

The standard in that league is not consistent, which is the biggest thing stopping it from becoming League 3.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Yeah sounds like you watched the same team we watch Adam.

Well that just shows you what else I've watched in the league, it really has largely been turgid sides. Your midfielders were sharp on the ball that day and that Swan looked a great young striker who really stretched our defence with his off the ball running. He's actually an example of a profile of a striker I think we need.

Yeah off the pitch must better now as you know, Stott's come in, put money in on an off the pitch, academy getting developed, ground plans etc and ultimately ambition. 4 years ago we were down playing Bradford Park Avenue today we played at Bradford City. Sounds tinpot because City is more our natural level but it's noteworthy for any County fan who's lived through the last decade.

Sometimes clubs go down for whatever reasons, mainly due to terrible ownership etc but come back better.

We came up much better off than when we went down, and the club isn’t recognisable to either what came up or when we went down.

I think the 2 down 2 up system does cause a bottleneck in quality but there’s still a big difference in the leagues, mainly in those at the bottom of the league, the likes of altrincham (who i’ve a massive soft spot for being only 2 miles away) are an example of that

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Sometimes clubs go down for whatever reasons, mainly due to terrible ownership etc but come back better.

We came up much better off than when we went down, and the club isn’t recognisable to either what came up or when we went down.

I think the 2 down 2 up system does cause a bottleneck in quality but there’s still a big difference in the leagues, mainly in those at the bottom of the league, the likes of altrincham (who i’ve a massive soft spot for being only 2 miles away) are an example of that
Alty pride themselves on being Non League traditionalists, they love reeling off their non league achievements. They went full time this summer and the Alty lads I know are complaining about it as if it's almost against their ethos. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves in the Football League.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Alty pride themselves on being Non League traditionalists, they love reeling off their non league achievements. They went full time this summer and the Alty lads I know are complaining about it as if it's almost against their ethos. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves in the Football League.

exactly, the gap between the top sides in league 2 to them is absolutely huge, almost unrecognisable.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
They were already in an awful state it's true, your mob smashed them up last season and we had them covered instead of replaced, interesting to note that a sold out Bradford managed not to fuck anything up (maybe a steward or two), despite also whopping us 3-1 and indulging in their own 'scenes'

Face it, your element of scruffy c*** just can't help themselves, it's back to back seasons of damage now.
Picture on twitter of some fat specky gimp walking away with a seat he’s broken as a souvenir. Bet the other 15 year old wannabe hard men think he’s the dogs bollocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!