Southend

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Transfer embargo’d over money owed to HMRC surprise surprise Ron Martin you’re a c***

DN14 Spire

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
The more everything changes the more it stays the same

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
Are the protests still going on or are you now happy that an ex player has now been recruited to play the same players? Boost for the teams around you this news of no more signings and not managing to beat Maidenhead at home is a disaster. Pressure is on for the new set up.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Are the protests still going on or are you now happy that an ex player has now been recruited to play the same players? Boost for the teams around you this news of no more signings and not managing to beat Maidenhead at home is a disaster. Pressure is on for the new set up.
There had been a ceasefire but with the news of the embargo breaking I’m expecting them to restart

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
I'll continue to say it, while Ron remains, nothing changes. Pointless appointments of the likes of Collymore and Still while he won't pay all the relevant parties for us to be a functioning football club.

Remember his claims that when the new ground was given the go ahead then funding would be 'released', where's that money gone then Ron? Cos if it's gone to the new setup I'd have rather it would have gone to HMRC, cos now we're just paying people to not find new players.
I'll say this for Ron though, balls of steel, in a years time he's in the high court for defrauding HMRC to the tune of £5.5M and he still won't pay them properly!!!

Our fanbase is a joke, this man should have been ousted 12 years ago when he started this nonsense which has continued year on year, but no, the majority would rather just sit idly by and watch us die, may as well just wind the club up now.

One of the many things that needs to change in football, asap, to stop people like Ron Martin, is to make HMRC the first preferential debtor, rather than football clubs and related businesses.

TonyM

Reaction score
Supports
King's Lynn
I'll continue to say it, while Ron remains, nothing changes. Pointless appointments of the likes of Collymore and Still while he won't pay all the relevant parties for us to be a functioning football club.

Remember his claims that when the new ground was given the go ahead then funding would be 'released', where's that money gone then Ron? Cos if it's gone to the new setup I'd have rather it would have gone to HMRC, cos now we're just paying people to not find new players.
I'll say this for Ron though, balls of steel, in a years time he's in the high court for defrauding HMRC to the tune of £5.5M and he still won't pay them properly!!!

Our fanbase is a joke, this man should have been ousted 12 years ago when he started this nonsense which has continued year on year, but no, the majority would rather just sit idly by and watch us die, may as well just wind the club up now.

One of the many things that needs to change in football, asap, to stop people like Ron Martin, is to make HMRC the first preferential debtor, rather than football clubs and related businesses.

In fairness, it's not a particular problem with Southend fans, most fans at most clubs are happy to turn up every other Saturday and not worry too much about what happens at the club the rest of the time, more so if the team is successful. Maybe the Crouch report will succeed in enforcing an independent regulator to do the job the FA have so miserably failed to fulfill. Then you will still hear some fans moan because their club is being punished for not being well run, completely ignoring the fact that the current set up disadvantages well run clubs who are unable to compete with those that don't pay their taxes etc. Yes I do appreciate the irony of this post coming from a Lynn fan, a club that certainly isn't in the 'well run' category but we can't always choose our club owners

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United

Absolutely the worst, but not unexpected news to finish a working day late and get on Shrimperzone to catch up with the day's news to read this. And the pathetic club statement that is bollox from start to finish. Cheers Ron you C**T!

Reaction score
Supports
Southend united

Can understand your anger Kim, but calling our loyal fan base a joke is not my opinion. Few questions, have you the money to run the club ? Do you know anyone who will ? Do you think supporters of club’s like Bury , Macclesfield and others are a joke? What have you personally done ? Have you a solution? Do you agree fans are bottom within the thoughts of the FA. Finally is Ron Martin a c*** ? Give you my feelings on Ron ? Criminal tosser.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Embargo lifted.. now the inevitable 3 months wait for a new signing

Reaction score
Supports
Southend united
Embargo lifted.. now the inevitable 3 months wait for a new signing
Hey Shrimpuh for the second time please delete your Gif of Brown the man’s a prat, ask any blues supporter. Apparently we will be making our first signing in the next day or so Ollie Kensdale, a young hungry athletic player, unlike the has beens Brown always signed in inflated wages

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Had friends around tonight so just seen it has been lifted. Ollie Kensdale to be announced and then struck down with COVID a few hours later.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Hey Shrimpuh for the second time please delete your Gif of Brown the man’s a prat, ask any blues supporter. Apparently we will be making our first signing in the next day or so Ollie Kensdale, a young hungry athletic player, unlike the has beens Brown always signed in inflated wages
Can't stand Phil Brown either but that GIF stays for me, it offers some great moments at both appropriate and inappropriate times on a consistent basis.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Yeah I’m not removing. It’s become synonymous with the Shrimpurh brand prat or not hahah

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Fu ny how things pan out...

50 years ago today we lost 4-1 at Grimsby in our 70-71 promo season.

30 years ago today we beat Newcastle United 4-0 to go top of ghe old div 2 for a couple of hours, before finishing the season 12th, our highest ever to this day.

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Good evening at the first supporters update meeting with Stan this evening and Tom Lawrence, CEO and Gary Lockett one of the board directors, who is a long standing fan, were also there in an unofficial capacity, but answered a couple of questions that were outside Stan's four remit areas of football, recruitment, commercial and Community.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Good evening at the first supporters update meeting with Stan this evening and Tom Lawrence, CEO and Gary Lockett one of the board directors, who is a long standing fan, were also there in an unofficial capacity, but answered a couple of questions that were outside Stan's four remit areas of football, recruitment, commercial and Community.

Was that the thing that tickets were like £50 for?

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Was that the thing that tickets were like £50 for?

No that event, which was gonna be held at the Cliffs Pavilion, fell by the wayside, lack of interest. This was a freebie, in the club bar, tickets FCFS, 100 capacity. Stan updated on what has been going on behind the scenes in the four areas. How the embargo affected the recruitment side. The ties and lines of communication that have been re-opened with alot of clubs Championship and above, that had been allowed to slide. Scouting capability that had been re-ignited, why Kev and the coaching team were chosen and what they have bought to the table. Aims for the rest of the season and a major go at being promotion contenders next season.

Sponsorship activities to obtain influx's of money from other streams into the club. Community project that we want to increase in the area. Why John Still decided to come to the club and wanted to be involved and the fact he has known Kevin Maher since he was a youngster and has been a mentor for him at different stages throughout his career and really wants him to do well here.

All round it was a really interesting and , after the last three years, a really positive feel around the club.

Stan said he was, as were all the coaching team and club officials, bowled over by the levels of support that the club is attracting and all involved at the club, really want to pay the supporters back for the loyalty we have all shown and that was what was driving the management team on.

It was the first of what will be a free monthly event to bring together the footballing side of the club closer to the fanbase.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
No that event, which was gonna be held at the Cliffs Pavilion, fell by the wayside, lack of interest. This was a freebie, in the club bar, tickets FCFS, 100 capacity. Stan updated on what has been going on behind the scenes in the four areas. How the embargo affected the recruitment side. The ties and lines of communication that have been re-opened with alot of clubs Championship and above, that had been allowed to slide. Scouting capability that had been re-ignited, why Kev and the coaching team were chosen and what they have bought to the table. Aims for the rest of the season and a major go at being promotion contenders next season.

Sponsorship activities to obtain influx's of money from other streams into the club. Community project that we want to increase in the area. Why John Still decided to come to the club and wanted to be involved and the fact he has known Kevin Maher since he was a youngster and has been a mentor for him at different stages throughout his career and really wants him to do well here.

All round it was a really interesting and , after the last three years, a really positive feel around the club.

Stan said he was, as were all the coaching team and club officials, bowled over by the levels of support that the club is attracting and all involved at the club, really want to pay the supporters back for the loyalty we have all shown and that was what was driving the management team on.

It was the first of what will be a free monthly event to bring together the footballing side of the club closer to the fanbase.
I’m just wondering what drinks were being served there as I know Stan likes giving out punch.

Usually just to women though.

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham

John Still moved there for the money nothing else motivates him and I know it as fact. We were only paying him as scouts get paid normally, expenses and a slice of the pie if anyone is sold on. Southend offered him decent money to be on the wage bill, loves a pound note, short sighted from us as it will only take one or two to be sold on to cover what he wanted.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I’m just wondering what drinks were being served there as I know Stan likes giving out punch.

Usually just to women though.
oh-no-you-didnt-ken-jeong.gif

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
John Still moved there for the money nothing else motivates him and I know it as fact. We were only paying him as scouts get paid normally, expenses and a slice of the pie if anyone is sold on. Southend offered him decent money to be on the wage bill, loves a pound note, short sighted from us as it will only take one or two to be sold on to cover what he wanted.

Take that on board. Maybe, if it was money orientated as you suspect, perhaps that's what it took to lure him away. However we are not flush. He has known and worked with Kev Maher since Kev was ten and they have a very strong friendship, which would have definitely been an influencing factor once Kev landed the Southend job.

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
He went for money don’t kid yourself over this friendship nonsense. He will come up trumps for you lot for sure, outside bet for next season but 100% play offs and I would not be surprised to see a few of ours poached in the summer if not sooner. Whilst you’re not flush you have several times the income of most clubs do with your gates and deferring on paying taxes on time helps.

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
He went for money don’t kid yourself over this friendship nonsense. He will come up trumps for you lot for sure, outside bet for next season but 100% play offs and I would not be surprised to see a few of ours poached in the summer if not sooner. Whilst you’re not flush you have several times the income of most clubs do with your gates and deferring on paying taxes on time helps.
Absolutely, as I said take on board the points you make, so don't think I am kidding myself and you are quite right, the size of our fanbase and stature previous to the past 3 years will make a difference. I also respect the points you are making.

The good thing about last night with Tom Lawrence unexpectedly being their was he was able to update on the work he has done since joining the club, which was a financial nightmare when he arrived, with different departments under or over funded, same with the staffing.

We now have rebalanced all departments, have a 32 page business plan in place, which sets out how much is needed from Ron's companies to finance the club for the next 18 months. we will have one of the top 4 budgets in place again for next season, with the commercial team and Stan working on attracting sponsorships and other revenue streams to make up for the shortfall in funding from the EFL we will lose next season., but we are now in a place that we should not face another embargo situation whilst Tom is at the club and Ron's companies provide the already agreed funding.

Also, we are already building relationships with clubs up and down the leagues once more and Zak Brunt is a prime example, where he and his father have said of all the clubs Zak has spent time on loan at we are the club that has looked after him the best and made him feel at home, something that I think will be demonstrated by the fans when he returns with Notts Co. later in the season. Indeed, we got Harrison Neal on loan partly due to Zak's feedback.

Indeed on the way to the meeting Stan revealed he was rung by Carlo Cudicini, Chelsea's loan manager to see if there are any opportunities for some of their younger players at the club in the future. A point that Stan also made, that the teams higher up the league don't favour U23 football, but prefer players out on loan in front of crowds to see how they react to the cheers and jeers and those clubs with larger crowds are favoured generally over smaller ones, which could also be to out advantage, although Kev wants mainly permanent signings, as may be demonstrated later today or tomorrow...hopefully.

I would fully agree with you that we are putting together a structure to be serious play off contenders or better for next season, with a much improved set of results in the back half of this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!