Starting Line-ups

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
As we're less than couple weeks away now from the start of the season most squads should be taking shape... what starting line-ups are people expecting to go into the season with, and which positions are you still looking for players who can come in and start?

for us:

___________________________Holy____________________________
_________Lavelle______Huntington(c)_____Mellish_________
Back________________________________________________Armer
__________McGeouch____Moxon______McCalmont________
____________Edmondson_____Butterworth_________________

players in bold were with us last season.

I'd say the defence is largely sorted, Feeney departed and Lavelle is his replacement. We have understudies in the likes of Whelan, Ellis, Robinson and Barclay, it's not the most experienced at this level but Huntington has recent Championship experience and the full backs are both players I think can kick on at this level.

Midfield is the hardest to call. Simmo has gone out and signed several players, any of whom could be seen as starters. I assume that McGeouch, being a player who did well at this level last season will start and Moxon obviously will start (if he doesn't leave, which might be why we've signed so many midfielders). I'm less confident about Guy stepping up to this level but he may prove me wrong while it's hard to pick between Gibson and McCalmont but I'm slightly more confident in McCalmont just due to his greater experience at higher levels. Behind the more experienced options though, Charters may well push on while some are praising Harris' performances in pre-season (it is just preseason though he's still the least expereinced of all our midfield options).

Up front we lack options, it's Edmo, Garner or Butterworth, and it's not easy to say who amongst those is going to be the main goalscorer. I think we're probably still looking for someone who can come into that role, and possibly also lacking that pace and creativity though would be good to get Gordon back on loan.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I suspect this is ours as things stand:

------------------Southwood--------------
--------Long------Davies------Freestone--
Smith----------------------------------Ferry
---------------Bonds----Sercombe----------
-------------------Olayinka------------------
-------------Keena----------Street-----------

Like shoddycollins, I've put last season's players in bold.

That's not a bad first 11 at all, but Olayinka is the weak link. I'm expecting a loanee to come in there.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
I’m actually none the wiser with us as we’ve very much been mixing and matching our lineups with academy players in pre-season. Might get a better idea at Donny at the weekend. If hazarding a (most probably wrong) guess would say in a 3-4-2-1.

GK Connor Ripley

RCB Lewis Cass or Kofi Balmer
CB Nathan Smith (c)
LCB Dan Jones

RWB Mitch Clark
CM Funso Ojo
CM Ben Garrity
LWB Conor Grant

LF James Plant
ST Ellis Harrison
RF Ethan Chislett

It looks like right now there’ll be a fair amount of 0-0’s and 1-0’s either way. By far our biggest upgrade is the keeper.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I think this will be Pompey's starting XI come the opening day providing Mousinho doesn't sign the number 10 he wants. 4-3-3 formation.

GK: Will Norris

RB: Joe Rafferty
CB: Ryley Towler

CB: Regan Poole
LB: Conor Ogilvie

CM: Joe Morrell
CM: Marlon Pack
CM: Tom Lowery

RW: Gavin Whyte
LW: Anthony Scully
CF: Colby Bishop

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
_______________Burge
______Sherring Guthrie Monthé
McGowan McWilliams Sowerby Koiki
______Hoskins Bowie Pinnock

Easily could make starting XI and also dependant on if we go to 433 - Lintott, Fox, Hondermarck, Appere.

Team spirit can only take you so far, so looking to add three more "gamechangers" according to Brady, which probably means a playmaker to replace Marc Leonard and a couple of wingers/strikers. Without injuries we actually have quite a lot of options, but the first few games we won't, with players still coming back to fitness slowly from last year.

Last edited:

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Wildsmith
Nelson Bradley Cashin
Ward Hourihane Bird Elder
NML Collins Sibley
The expectation is that we add at least two more to our strikers/attackers. Sibley has been injured, anticipate Smith plays CM with Hourihane and Bird, plays behind a two of NML and Collins opening day.

Last edited:

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I think this will be Pompey's starting XI come the opening day providing Mousinho doesn't sign the number 10 he wants. 4-3-3 formation.

GK: Will Norris

RB: Joe Rafferty
CB: Ryley Towler

CB: Regan Poole
LB: Conor Ogilvie

CM: Joe Morrell
CM: Marlon Pack
CM: Tom Lowery

RW: Gavin Whyte
LW: Anthony Scully
CF: Colby Bishop
I agree with this, injuries permitting. The player under most pressure there is Tom Lowery if, as you say, we bring in a new AM.

We have good cover now across the squad, which should hopefully prevent our typical 1-2 month period where we barely pick up a point, which completely scuppered our chances the last three seasons. The squad looks better capable of handling injuries and loss of form.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
GK - Lukas Jenson

RCB - Adam Jackson
CB - Paudie O'Connor
LCB - Sean Roughan

RWB - Lasse Sorenson
CM - Ethan Erhahon
CM - Alistair Smith
LWB - Jaden Brown

RW - Danny Mandroiu
ST - Ben House
LW - Reeco Hackett

This will probably be ours.

Bit of a weird one for us, especially in defence, because despite that looking like a relatively settled back line, it's anything but. We've lost an excellent 'keeper in Carl Rushworth, Sean Roughan is a young lad who's now moving from LWB to LCB and is pretty untried there (despite viewing his long term future being at a CB) and Lasse Sorenson has spent 95% of his time with us at a CM before changing him into RWB towards the end of last season so we're not 100% sure whether he can sustain his performance levels from that small sample size. So all that has the potential to be very unsettled initially (and lacks depth). We've also lost Poole (rejected a new deal), Walsh (released because we couldn't keep him fit enough) and Montsma (ACL) and those three alone are an excellent L1 unit and would take some replacing.

Midfield wise we're still one light but have Teddy Bishop in reserve.

Up front we've got Tyler Walker to come into the squad when he gets up to fitness and Danny Mandroiu is showing signs of hitting the ground running after a broken pre-season last summer and playing catch up.

All-in-all, we're about there but there's been a bit of upheaval in the defensive third, which was our strength last season. Yet we look better on paper in the final third where we struggled, but we'll have to see if that translates onto the pitch!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
As we're less than couple weeks away now from the start of the season most squads should be taking shape... what starting line-ups are people expecting to go into the season with, and which positions are you still looking for players who can come in and start?

for us:

___________________________Holy____________________________
_________Lavelle______Huntington(c)_____Mellish_________
Back________________________________________________Armer
__________McGeouch____Moxon______McCalmont________
____________Edmondson_____Butterworth_________________

players in bold were with us last season.

I'd say the defence is largely sorted, Feeney departed and Lavelle is his replacement. We have understudies in the likes of Whelan, Ellis, Robinson and Barclay, it's not the most experienced at this level but Huntington has recent Championship experience and the full backs are both players I think can kick on at this level.

Midfield is the hardest to call. Simmo has gone out and signed several players, any of whom could be seen as starters. I assume that McGeouch, being a player who did well at this level last season will start and Moxon obviously will start (if he doesn't leave, which might be why we've signed so many midfielders). I'm less confident about Guy stepping up to this level but he may prove me wrong while it's hard to pick between Gibson and McCalmont but I'm slightly more confident in McCalmont just due to his greater experience at higher levels. Behind the more experienced options though, Charters may well push on while some are praising Harris' performances in pre-season (it is just preseason though he's still the least expereinced of all our midfield options).

Up front we lack options, it's Edmo, Garner or Butterworth, and it's not easy to say who amongst those is going to be the main goalscorer. I think we're probably still looking for someone who can come into that role, and possibly also lacking that pace and creativity though would be good to get Gordon back on loan.
I think you'll be OK at the back but will struggle for goals with that forward line. Edmonson works hard but he's not up to this level in my opinion. The same really applies to Butterworth....he's OK in flashes but he's never going to score 15+ and will go missing. We're in a similar boat to be honest...upgraded our defence and keeper but we're still yet to sign a striker and only have one senior striker on the books.

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
I think we're looking for two wingers, a striker and a possible RB/RWB backup before the window closes. Youngsters on the bench will go out on loan once they've arrived.

My best guess would be:

GK: Stevens (Mannion equally capable)

Defence: Liam Bennett, Ryan Bennett, Michael Morrison, Danny Andrews (main backups Okedina, Ibsen Rossi, Dunk. Awaiting Haunstrup)

Midfield Holding : Paul Digby (Backup Jordan Cousins probably soon worth a start. Pssible backups Thomas and May.)

Wings/Midfield Attacking: Gassan Ahadme, George Thomas, Jack Lankester, James Brophy (backups May, Janneh, Dunk and youngsters for now).

Striker: Fejiri Okenabirhie (backup Gassan Ahadme for now).

Someone like McCauley Bonne and a couple of young wingers on loan or following release from the likes of Forest or Brighton are the most likely arrivals.

Guernica

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
GK - Lukas Jenson

RCB - Adam Jackson
CB - Paudie O'Connor
LCB - Sean Roughan

RWB - Lasse Sorenson
CM - Ethan Erhahon
CM - Alistair Smith
LWB - Jaden Brown

RW - Danny Mandroiu
ST - Ben House
LW - Reeco Hackett

This will probably be ours.

Bit of a weird one for us, especially in defence, because despite that looking like a relatively settled back line, it's anything but. We've lost an excellent 'keeper in Carl Rushworth, Sean Roughan is a young lad who's now moving from LWB to LCB and is pretty untried there (despite viewing his long term future being at a CB) and Lasse Sorenson has spent 95% of his time with us at a CM before changing him into RWB towards the end of last season so we're not 100% sure whether he can sustain his performance levels from that small sample size. So all that has the potential to be very unsettled initially (and lacks depth). We've also lost Poole (rejected a new deal), Walsh (released because we couldn't keep him fit enough) and Montsma (ACL) and those three alone are an excellent L1 unit and would take some replacing.

Midfield wise we're still one light but have Teddy Bishop in reserve.

Up front we've got Tyler Walker to come into the squad when he gets up to fitness and Danny Mandroiu is showing signs of hitting the ground running after a broken pre-season last summer and playing catch up.

All-in-all, we're about there but there's been a bit of upheaval in the defensive third, which was our strength last season. Yet we look better on paper in the final third where we struggled, but we'll have to see if that translates onto the pitch!

It's the depth that worries me most.

In defence we have Ahui (RWB)- youngster, gained experience at Droghdea, Benn (RWB) who hasn't played much and TJ Eyoma (CB) We don't have cover in the LWB spot although it seems Ahui will be used there.

Midfield we have Bishop who I don't think is suited to either the CM positions and Gallagher another youngster

On the wings we have Duffy (signed in Jan from UCD in Ireland who I do like) and Makama another youngster

CF - House and Walker - no qualms but if either get injured, we're struggling. Will Kendall (untried in the EFL) stay or be sent on loan?

I am really pleased that we've got more permanent bodies in the building and that we're not too reliant on loans.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
GK) Marosi

RCB) Feeney
CB) Anderson
LCB) Flanagan

RWB) Thorpe
LWB) Shipley

CM) Winchester
CM) Kenneh
CM) Bayliss

ST) Udoh
ST) Bowman

First of all we’ll be missing Chey Dunkley and most likely George Nurse for the first couple of games or so but once they’re fit they will both come into the starting 11.

GOALKEEPER - I’m not worried about… well I’m more worried about losing him after reportedly rejecting a bid for Marosi. One of if not the best keeper in the division. Hopefully he stays or it’ll be a big loss. Our backup keeper is absolutely hopeless mind. Nothing more than a Conference North keeper but he’s a local lad and the joker in the dressing room - Harry Burgoyne.
Rate it:- 9/10

DEFENCE - We have plenty of strength in depth in this department this season coming. Nurse LWB, Parker (LWB), Bennett (RWB) Sobowale (RWB), Dunkley (CB), Sraha (CB), will all be waiting their turn to impress. Like I say above, Nurse and Dunkley will both be starters. I would say our main weakness in defence is Tom Flanagan. Very mistake prone in the second half of last season after starting off well, question marks over him for sure. Disappointingly after being out for virtually the whole season, Nurse got injured in a friendly on Saturday against Coventry. No idea how long he’s out for yet but Shipley will move from midfield to LWB once more for the time being.
Rate it:- 7.5/10

MIDFIELD - I don’t think there will be many better midfields in this division this season. Winchester was one of our best players last season and I was surprised we managed to sign him on a permanent. Rolls Royce of a player who’s very confident on the ball and rarely gives away possession. We all know my views on Tom Bayliss. Shouldn’t be at this level. Far, far too good for League 1 football hence why he left this level for 2 million pounds back in 2019. Still only 24, he’ll be one that pushes League One POTY come May. Kenneh is somebody we’ve signed on a season long loan from Hibernian. Can’t say too much on him as I’ve never seen him play but he’s 6ft2 and built like a brick shithouse. Seems like he’s going to be a bit of an Anthony Grant/Abu Ogogo player for us. Main back option for midfield is Taylor Perry, with player such as Bennett, Thorpe, Sobowale, Shipley, all being available to play there.
Rate it:- 8.5/10

STRIKERS:- Udoh coming back from 10 months out will be like a new signing. Think we would have lost him last August if he didn’t get injured for the season away at Bristol Rovers. Strong, powerful, pacey, rarely misses a one on one. Should score 15+ goals this season imo. Bowman will most likely partner him. Bowman has scored 4 goals from 3 friendlies so far. Not the most technically gifted player for League 1, but somehow always scores goals. Has done very well for us these past couple of seasons, should be scoring 10+ goals. Aiden O’Brien is the final striker. After signing from Pompey last summer, he only started 1 league game and played 6 altogether. Shipped off on loan to Gillingham in January. Had a massive fall out with Steve Cotterill within two weeks of signing last summer apparently and we didn’t think we would see him back. Looks to be getting on with Matty Taylor massively so far who’s hyping him up to bag plenty of goals in the season ahead. Strangely don’t know much about him but has good pedigree at this level. Still need a 4th striker to come in after we loaned Bloxham out to Morecambe (we have a recall option in January just in case he’s bagged a fair few in League 2).
Rate it:- 7/10

Very happy with this squad. We’ve kept plenty of last years team together whilst adding depth to it this summer. No doubt we’ll miss players like Leahy, Phillips and Saydee but we should be more than fine. Definitely need atleast one more striker to come in and I’m fairly certain we’ll see who it is by the time we kick off against Cheltenham in 12 days time. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Aaron Pressley join from Brentford as apparently Mickey Moore and Tom Ware were very keen on bringing him to Cheltenham.

Obviously the main question mark will be over Matty Taylor as head coach. Inexperienced but does speak very well in interviews and says he’s learnt a lot from his time at Walsall and is more than determined that he won’t fail here. Probably the best Salop gaffer I’ve known to listen to in interviews in all honesty. Just have to see if he’s not all bark and no bite now.

Hard to pinpoint exactly where I think we’ll finish. Kept a lot of the squad together from last season who I believe would have hit top 6 if we weren’t ravaged by injuries. I’ll just say top half for now as I expect is to not be anywhere near the bottom 4.

Kernow_gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We've been playing 4-2-3-1 in most of our friendlies and started the last few games with the same starting 11 bar varying the LB....if we were playing tomorrow this would most likely be our starting 11

GK Belshaw

RB Hoole
CB Wilson
CB Connolly
LB Jones (was out on loan so not technically with us last season)

DM Finley
DM Ward

LAM Thomas
CAM Brown
RAM Sinclair

CF Collins

I don't think this will be our starting 11 away to Portsmouth

Happy with the DMs and front 4 and can only see Finley or Ward replaced if we bring in a loan like Bogarde from last season

I don't think Belshaw will start and it appears Cox will be our No 1 next season

In defence more than happy with Hoole and Wilson on the right. Think we'll have at least 2 more CBs in and 1 will start ahead of Connolly. Happy to start with Jones but can see JB picking George Friend at LB due to his experience!

If we get the CB to partner Wilson right and we become a more solid defensive unit with a promising GK we have come along way to improving our side from last year!

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
GK: Sol Brynn
RB: Tom James
CB: Omar Beckles
CB: Dan Happe
LB: Rob Hunt
DM: Idris El-Mizouni
DM: Darren Pratley (C)
AM: George Moncur
RW: Theo Archibald
CF: Joe Piggott
LW: Dan Ayegi

Goalkeeper: Brynn has massive shoes to fill after the departure of 3x POTY Lawrence Vigouroux. Had an excellent season at Swindon last term so he’s definitely got the talent to step up. Vigs’ distribution was the best I’ve ever seen, though, so that’s a weapon we won’t have. Back-up is Sam Howes from Wealdstone. No, me either.

Defence: Tom James is a human highlight reel of absolute thunderbastard goals. He does it with both feet and altogether too often for them to be considered flukes. Pity he can’t defend. I expect the dependable Rob Hunt to switch to RB and talented youngster Jayden Sweeney to come in at LB before Xmas. The CB pairing of Beckles and Happe mixes comparative experience with comparative youth. Omar is physical and keeps things tidy whilst tame giraffe Happe spanks 60 yard Stevie G passes and has stupendous eyebrows. Their only backup is the oft-injured but otherwise dependable Adam Thompson so I expect a loan signing soon.

Midfield: Not 100% sure who is going to partner El Miz but it doesn’t really matter as he does everything anyway. As complete a midfielder as you could ask for at this level. Max Sanders is apparently a ball-player whereas 38 year old Darren Pratley still enjoys kicking people a lot (he both does it a lot and enjoys it a lot). Jordan Brown is a handy enough all-rounder as well. Not sure where ex-Man U youngster Ethan Galbraith fits in, but perhaps he’ll understudy tubby weirdo George Moncur in the #10 role. The fat little wrong’un is virtually impossible to dispossess; theories as to why this is range from ‘he’s quite good at football’ to ‘his arse is huge’ via ‘Jesus won’t allow his special little soldier to be tackled’. An enigma who can produce game-winning moments or disappear completely. Well, until he shows everyone his Y-fronts. Again.

Forwards: Joe Piggott scored lots of goals at this level for a crappy little London side a few years back, so who’s to say he won’t at another one? Aaron Drinan will link play and run all day but couldn’t finish his breakfast whilst youth product Ruel Sotiriou is a brilliantly natural finisher whose other hobbies include diving, losing the ball and misplacing passes. Out wide, numbers are incredibly thin on the ground and we are currently doomed if either Theo or lightning quick new signing Dan Ayegi gets injured.

Comfortable with where we’re at at the moment. Two more signings (CB & wide player) to come IMO.

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
With the arrival of Sullay Kaikai, the starting 11 and bench are already looking more balanced.

GK: Stevens (Mannion equally capable)

Defence: Liam Bennett, Ryan Bennett, Michael Morrison, Danny Andrews (main backups Okedina, Ibsen Rossi, Dunk. Awaiting Haunstrup)

Midfield Holding : Paul Digby (Backup Jordan Cousins probably soon worth a start. Pssible backups Thomas and May.)

Wings/Midfield Attacking: Sullay Kaikai, George Thomas, Jack Lankester, James Brophy (backups May, Janneh, Dunk and youngsters for now).

Striker: Fejiri Okenabirhie (alternating with Gassan Ahadme - might even start him).

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
This is how I think we'll line up against Oxford in two weeks time but we are still expected to sign at least two more players.

I would also expect Jordan Cousins to start once he's up to match fitness. Possibly ahead of George Thomas. Our squad is already much more balanced than last year, some good experienced pro's and no longer relying on unproven kids.

GK: Jack Stevens

RB: Liam Bennett
CB: Ryan Bennett
CB: Michael Morisson
LB: Harrison Dunk

CM: Paul Digby
CM: George Thomas

CAM: Jack Lankester
RW: James Brophy

LW: Sullay KaiKai

CF: Gassan Ahadme

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
It's the depth that worries me most.

In defence we have Ahui (RWB)- youngster, gained experience at Droghdea, Benn (RWB) who hasn't played much and TJ Eyoma (CB) We don't have cover in the LWB spot although it seems Ahui will be used there.

Midfield we have Bishop who I don't think is suited to either the CM positions and Gallagher another youngster

On the wings we have Duffy (signed in Jan from UCD in Ireland who I do like) and Makama another youngster

CF - House and Walker - no qualms but if either get injured, we're struggling. Will Kendall (untried in the EFL) stay or be sent on loan?

I am really pleased that we've got more permanent bodies in the building and that we're not too reliant on loans.
Yeah, we've got a decision to make on how we play the defensive depth i.e. do we opt for more depth at CB and use CB's Eyoma/Roughan as back-up wing-backs or go for more depth at wing back and keep Eyoma/Roughan as CB's.

Difficult one to gauge, I think we need a couple of CB's anyway but if we have to use Eyoma and Roughan as wing-backs then they won't offer us the pace or outlet that I think Sorenson and Brown will do.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Was worried about the losses of Trafford, Bradley and Johnston [Out for the season]
Baxter the keeper from Chelsea we signed may be a improvement on Trafford.
Cogley never will be a Bradley but looks decent and Iredale who has stepped into Johnston boots is a better than decent LCH for our league. Williams looks sharper than last season at LWB and Sheehan looks fitter in the forward midfield role he plays.
Big question is can we keep Santos this season, there is interest and despite what the vale fans say i doubt there is a better centre back in this league. Mendes Gomes will give us that little magic when needed and add much needed goals up front. Charles will always score but also misses what seem good chances and Bodvarrson seems to have a lot of injury niggles of late, excellent when we can get him on the park. Adaboyjo and Nlundulu i think they can only improve or we simply wont get enough goals to go up.
As it stands we are certainly good enough for top 6 not sure about automatics......Will see who Evatt brings in this next couple of weeks.....Then cherry pick a couple of top loans which will push us up towards Automatics

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Was worried about the losses of Trafford, Bradley and Johnston [Out for the season]
Baxter the keeper from Chelsea we signed may be a improvement on Trafford.
Cogley never will be a Bradley but looks decent and Iredale who has stepped into Johnston boots is a better than decent LCH for our league. Williams looks sharper than last season at LWB and Sheehan looks fitter in the forward midfield role he plays.
Big question is can we keep Santos this season, there is interest and despite what the vale fans say i doubt there is a better centre back in this league. Mendes Gomes will give us that little magic when needed and add much needed goals up front. Charles will always score but also misses what seem good chances and Bodvarrson seems to have a lot of injury niggles of late, excellent when we can get him on the park. Adaboyjo and Nlundulu i think they can only improve or we simply wont get enough goals to go up.
As it stands we are certainly good enough for top 6 not sure about automatics......Will see who Evatt brings in this next couple of weeks.....Then cherry pick a couple of top loans which will push us up towards Automatics
You mean Baxter, the 24 y/o goalkeeper who’s had loans at 6 clubs ranging from non league, Scotland and the Championship will suddenly become a £15 million pound keeper? Definitely not an improvement mate.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You mean Baxter, the 24 y/o goalkeeper who’s had loans at 6 clubs ranging from non league, Scotland and the Championship will suddenly become a £15 million pound keeper? Definitely not an improvement mate.
Yes the very same one.....Had the best shot % saves in the Championship at his last loan at Hull
Trafford had been dropped by Accrington and Returned to Man City u21 when we picked him up.
Will Baxter be as good as Trafford in 2/3 years i very much doubt it. Will Baxter be a £15m player again i doubt it
He was a teenager in non league on loan from Chelsea 17/18 year old. Never ever going to get in the Chelsea team just like Trafford at City but we have him now with Championship games under his belt at the right age to kick on. Doubt there will be many better in lge1
Trafford as good as he will become was not the best keeper in lge1. Cooper your keeper will not have a career like Trafford or cost £15m but would you have swapped him last season???

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Yes the very same one.....Had the best shot % saves in the Championship at his last loan at Hull
Trafford had been dropped by Accrington and Returned to Man City u21 when we picked him up.
Will Baxter be as good as Trafford in 2/3 years i very much doubt it. Will Baxter be a £15m player again i doubt it
He was a teenager in non league on loan from Chelsea 17/18 year old. Never ever going to get in the Chelsea team just like Trafford at City but we have him now with Championship games under his belt at the right age to kick on. Doubt there will be many better in lge1
Trafford as good as he will become was not the best keeper in lge1. Cooper your keeper will not have a career like Trafford or cost £15m but would you have swapped him last season???
Mike Cooper will play in the premier league. I’d go as far to say if he didn’t get injured in January we’d of sold him this summer.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Isted
Egbo Hector Ness Jones Edun
Fraser Camara Dobson
Campbell
May

Would expect a striker to come in and potentially start the opener given Leaburn's injury. I think we'd also potentially be looking at a stronger RWB.

We seem to be gearing up for a 3-5-2 but have a couple of strong wingers, who aren't great defenders so presumably won't be utilised at wing back so will be interesting to see how we include them in the system

Claret Forever

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
_______________Burge
______Sherring Guthrie Monthé
McGowan McWilliams Sowerby Koiki
______Hoskins Bowie Pinnock

Following the two loan transfer, I think it now looks like this

Burge
Sherring Guthrie
Monthe
Lintott Leonard Sowerby Koiki
Pinnock
Hoskins
Simpson
I spent an age deciding between Bowie and Pinnock and I still not 100% sure. I could easily have McWilliams, Fox, Hondermarck or even Lashabela who I really want us to sign instead of Sowerby or even Leonard.

With Guthrie only played 45 minutes max, and Linott out injured to begin with (and McWilliams it looks like?), I think against Stevenage we'll switch to 4-4-2 and play this

Burge
McGowan Sherring
Monthe Koiki
Pinnock Leonard Sowerby Hoskins
Bowie
Simpson​

Who's every teams bet for the POTS? I think Hoskins will probably struggle to replicate his Haaland esque form in from the first few months last year, and Guthrie will probably end up there again, or maybe Leonard based on his form last year and influence in the middle.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Following the two loan transfer, I think it now looks like this

Burge
Sherring Guthrie
Monthe
Lintott Leonard Sowerby Koiki
Pinnock
Hoskins
Simpson
I spent an age deciding between Bowie and Pinnock and I still not 100% sure. I could easily have McWilliams, Fox, Hondermarck or even Lashabela who I really want us to sign instead of Sowerby or even Leonard.

With Guthrie only played 45 minutes max, and Linott out injured to begin with (and McWilliams it looks like?), I think against Stevenage we'll switch to 4-4-2 and play this

Burge
McGowan Sherring
Monthe Koiki
Pinnock Leonard Sowerby Hoskins
Bowie
Simpson​

Who's every teams bet for the POTS? I think Hoskins will probably struggle to replicate his Haaland esque form in from the first few months last year, and Guthrie will probably end up there again, or maybe Leonard based on his form last year and influence in the middle.

I think we’ll start with 3 centre halves, can’t see Monthe in a 2.

Claret Forever

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
If we do that, not convinced Guthre will see out the full 90 in the first game of the season having not played enough. Would you play Dyche instead?

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
If we do that, not convinced Guthre will see out the full 90 in the first game of the season having not played enough. Would you play Dyche instead?

I would I think. Proved himself end of last year and Sherring comfortable enough leading the back line. A 5 suits us more going forward I think.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
8 new signings so far, so we will look quite different in some areas but still have a core of players from last season. Expect us to lineup like this vs Wycombe:

GK) Viljani Sinisalo - new player

RCB) Pierce Sweeney
CB) Will Aimson
LCB) Alex Hartridge

RWB) Dion Rankine - new player
LWB) Demetri Mitchell

CM) Tom Carroll - new player
CM) Ryan Trevitt - new player

AM) Jack Aitchison - new player
AM) James Scott

CF) Sam Nombe

We looked good yesterday and plenty of good ball players in there. Hope to make some more additions but fairly happy with where we are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!