Starting XI’s - Current Squad (keep updating)

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
With everyone fully fit, it should be -

Hinchliffe
Knoyle, Wright, Horsfall, Touray, Rydel
Croasdale, Powell, Collar
Madden, Wootton

However each passing hour brings another muscular injury, and we'll be lucky to see that XI ever happen. Just got to hope that the injuries happen in areas where we're needlessly over-subscribed (passing midfield, RWB) and not ones where we have a complete absence of cover (CH, DM)

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

Hinchliffe
Madden, Wootton

However each passing hour brings another muscular injury, and we'll be lucky to see that XI ever happen. Just got to hope that the injuries happen in areas where we're needlessly over-subscribed (passing midfield, RWB) and not ones where we have a complete absence of cover (CH, DM)

I'm looking forward to paying more attention to Stockport because I still can't believe Akil Wright is any good now. And I used to defend him on our forum all the time!

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Eastwood
Mullarkey, Rodgers, Maher, Glennon
Hunt, Conteh, Clifton
Eisa, Rose, Vernam

I’d expect this to be close to what is played, or some variation like 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1. There were rumours that Mullarkey has some medical issues but he trained at Monday’s open day so hopefully they’re untrue. If not, Efete comes in. Hunt and Eisa are perhaps not guaranteed starters as Green and Wilson will be pushing for a place but they’ve looked the most promising in pre-season. Think we’ve improved on last season but the forward line still doesn’t scream goals. Rodgers and Mullarkey have really impressed me though so I think they’re a promising duo.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.

Hinchliffe
Madden, Wootton

I agree that's probably our most straightforward 11 amidst talk of changing shapes etc (some of that talk down to covering Wootton's injury as we don't have another Wootton type striker) but I'd like to see the likes of Barry, Olaofe really come to the fore this year as they bring more pace. I'm hoping Camps may get himself more in the midfield picture too this time around.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I'm looking forward to paying more attention to Stockport because I still can't believe Akil Wright is any good now. And I used to defend him on our forum all the time!
He was great at RCB last season tbf. Strong, quick, alright in the air, carries the ball forward well. Does give it away and go to sleep at times. Never looks that good in midfield though, he's definitley a defender for me. If we moved away from a 3 at the back I don't know where he'd play tbh. He'd have to give it a bash as a centre half in a 4 but he wouldn't be able to surge forward as much and his lapses would be further highlighted.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Back end of last season as he got sharper he became a real menace down the middle. Not sure if this Richardson chap can play the right of a front 3, but i wouldn't play him in place of Tanto.

I think 3-5-2 suits us better personally, but i guess we'll see what DC goes with come 3pm Saturday!
Yes good luck to any county fan after a free pint on FanHub this Saturday!

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
he’s pretty good in a very niche role but definitely showed some cracks towards the end of the season. Wouldn’t trust him at all in a standard back four or as a defensive midfielder.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
He was great at RCB last season tbf. Strong, quick, alright in the air, carries the ball forward well. Does give it away and go to sleep at times. Never looks that good in midfield though, he's definitley a defender for me. If we moved away from a 3 at the back I don't know where he'd play tbh. He'd have to give it a bash as a centre half in a 4 but he wouldn't be able to surge forward as much and his lapses would be further highlighted.

He was always frustrating because he had all the attributes but never did anything with them. A shift in position has clearly done the trick. I'm sure when he was on loan at Barrow the season before we signed him he played out wide.

Nice lad. Glad he's doing well.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Stone
Rawlinson - Baldwin - Cameron
Nemane - Palmer - Bostock - Jones
Austin - McGoldrick
Langstaff

That's my best bet for our strongest team now, and what starts at Sutton (although Baldwin will miss that having only recently returned, Brindley presumably in). Williams flirted with it at the end of last season and as pre-season has gone on has become more and more of a Jodi Jones-at-wing-back guy, which is mad, but we are what we are.

As I think everyone says about us, the strike force is possibly the stand-out one in the division. The midfield looks pretty good. The defence looks like it can be got at big time. It's the same depth wise, where we've got plenty of goalscorers and potential gamechangers on the bench, but very little defensively. Guess we'll know in a few weeks whether we can score the goals and dominate games enough that having a wide open back door doesn't matter.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Stone
Rawlinson - Baldwin - Cameron
Nemane - Palmer - Bostock - Jones
Austin - McGoldrick
Langstaff

That's my best bet for our strongest team now, and what starts at Sutton (although Baldwin will miss that having only recently returned, Brindley presumably in). Williams flirted with it at the end of last season and as pre-season has gone on has become more and more of a Jodi Jones-at-wing-back guy, which is mad, but we are what we are.

As I think everyone says about us, the strike force is possibly the stand-out one in the division. The midfield looks pretty good. The defence looks like it can be got at big time. It's the same depth wise, where we've got plenty of goalscorers and potential gamechangers on the bench, but very little defensively. Guess we'll know in a few weeks whether we can score the goals and dominate games enough that having a wide open back door doesn't matter.
Cameron to centre, Chicksen on the left. Just can't see us going up a division, playing away and not starting Bradfords favourite LB Chicksen for this one.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Cameron to centre, Chicksen on the left. Just can't see us going up a division, playing away and not starting Bradfords favourite LB Chicksen for this one.

That's a definite possibility for Saturday, Chicksen is sound in that wide centre back position, but you do lose Cameron's threat going forward. He might still stick with him at wing back to be honest, but he's definitely thinking more and more about Jones there.

I'm really excited about Jones this season actually. Obviously we all knew the thing with him was injury anyway and we were getting a player who is technically a couple of leagues above this, but he's got through like six months of solid back-to-back matches now for us and Malta without showing any signs of breaking down, if anything looks sharper every time you see him.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I agree that's probably our most straightforward 11 amidst talk of changing shapes etc (some of that talk down to covering Wootton's injury as we don't have another Wootton type striker) but I'd like to see the likes of Barry, Olaofe really come to the fore this year as they bring more pace. I'm hoping Camps may get himself more in the midfield picture too this time around.
Yeah I’m here for the change of shape and it’s quite clear DC is too as we’re on the lookout for a right-sided version of Barry.

The front five in that line-up of Forza’s is so slow.

Not sure what I’d do Saturday maybe Powell drifting from the right of the 343 with Madden or Tanto up top.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Ben prepared to be in for a shock. He's a superb RCB of a 3. Strong, quick, reads the game well, carries the ball forward and has a decent cross on him.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Is the general consensus that Nick Powell is gonna tear League 2 a new one? I'm far from convinced on that. Obviously he's class but not sure he's got the grind required for this level. Could see him being one of those that absolutely takes the piss in a small handful of matches, but is ultimately kicked, shoved and wound up so much that it impacts him. Will be interesting to see how he does and how Challinor deals with him.

Eastwood
Mullarkey, Rodgers, Maher, Glennon
Hunt, Conteh, Clifton
Eisa, Rose, Vernam

I’d expect this to be close to what is played, or some variation like 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1. There were rumours that Mullarkey has some medical issues but he trained at Monday’s open day so hopefully they’re untrue. If not, Efete comes in. Hunt and Eisa are perhaps not guaranteed starters as Green and Wilson will be pushing for a place but they’ve looked the most promising in pre-season. Think we’ve improved on last season but the forward line still doesn’t scream goals. Rodgers and Mullarkey have really impressed me though so I think they’re a promising duo.
Pretty much bang on my thoughts. I think we'll see Waterfall and Holohan a bit more than a lot of people seem to think we will though. Will be Hunt/Green/Holohan on rotation I think. Hunt looks like he's bulked up a bit though which is great to see. If he's added a bit of strength to his game then we could have some player on our hands.

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
That's a definite possibility for Saturday, Chicksen is sound in that wide centre back position, but you do lose Cameron's threat going forward. He might still stick with him at wing back to be honest, but he's definitely thinking more and more about Jones there.

I'm really excited about Jones this season actually. Obviously we all knew the thing with him was injury anyway and we were getting a player who is technically a couple of leagues above this, but he's got through like six months of solid back-to-back matches now for us and Malta without showing any signs of breaking down, if anything looks sharper every time you see him.
At the end of last season it felt like Jones was much more effective on the right, as Nemane is, so I'm not sure about starting them both. I suppose if they swap wings a fair bit then it will be difficult for defenders as they look to do completely different things. I do see the appeal of having more forward-thinking wing backs because of how high they play in our system, but we will be massively exposed if that's what we go for.

Not a fan of a Rawlinson - Cameron - Chicksen back 3 either, assuming there's confidence with the lad from Wolves I'd rather see him on the right and Rawlinson in the centre.

Mighty_Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Is the general consensus that Nick Powell is gonna tear League 2 a new one? I'm far from convinced on that. Obviously he's class but not sure he's got the grind required for this level. Could see him being one of those that absolutely takes the piss in a small handful of matches, but is ultimately kicked, shoved and wound up so much that it impacts him. Will be interesting to see how he does and how Challinor deals with him.

I think I tend to agree with this. Obviously he's by far and away the 'best' player in the league, but I'm not sure it'll work.

And from what I've read I'm not sure Stockport even know which position they'll be utilising him in yet.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I agree and these are all concerns our fans have raised. Definitley a wait and see job.

There are very few guarenteed success signings and this most certainly isn't one either. Quite a high ceiling on it though.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I agree and these are all concerns our fans have raised. Definitley a wait and see job.

There are very few guarenteed success signings and this most certainly isn't one either. Quite a high ceiling on it though.
I guess the advantage you lot have is that if he turns out to be a duffer there's still enough quality in your squad to compete and even get promoted, so it reduces the risk somewhat. Exciting signing though, every single club in the division would have him in a heartbeat if they could afford and he was up for it.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Roshan Grenshall (k) has gone out on a 6 month loan.

Young kiddie who may (or may not) have a decent future.

Casey

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

Powell and McGoldrick dropping into the league.... Whilst either could be brilliant, its also a race to see who will fail to live up to their billing more.

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
Powell and McGoldrick dropping into the league.... Whilst either could be brilliant, its also a race to see who will fail to live up to their billing more.
Guarantee McGoldrick will be seen as a failure if he doesn't get to 20 goals, which there's every chance of if we keep hold of Langstaff and McGoldrick plays deeper as he has during preseason

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Guarantee McGoldrick will be seen as a failure if he doesn't get to 20 goals, which there's every chance of if we keep hold of Langstaff and McGoldrick plays deeper as he has during preseason

Years ago we signed Ian Rush and a ot of people seemed to be expecting the free scoring Liverpool player, despite the fact he'd done well playing deeper for Leeds and Newcastle. He didn't score in 23 games and went off to Australia after one season. Reminds me of that situation.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Years ago we signed Ian Rush and a ot of people seemed to be expecting the free scoring Liverpool player, despite the fact he'd done well playing deeper for Leeds and Newcastle. He didn't score in 23 games and went off to Australia after one season. Reminds me of that situation.
Scoring 1 goal for the club in a reserves game, and something like 8 apps for the first team? Legs had clearly gone.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
I think he'll be fine although probably not prolific. Watching him in the friendlies he just looks to still have plenty in the tank.
I wasn't convinced when we signed him but he hasn't looked like an old pro after one last pay cheque and we've had a few in the past. David Vaughn the most recent who was an expensive disaster.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC

Not comparable IMO.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

Pretty much bang on my thoughts. I think we'll see Waterfall and Holohan a bit more than a lot of people seem to think we will though. Will be Hunt/Green/Holohan on rotation I think. Hunt looks like he's bulked up a bit though which is great to see. If he's added a bit of strength to his game then we could have some player on our hands.
Honestly I’m of the opinion that Waterfall could be off - he isn’t guaranteed first team football and at his age he’ll want to be playing every week. Also think Holohan isn’t good enough to be starting each week - fine as a sub but doesn’t influence a game enough for me to warrant a spot each week.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Honestly I’m of the opinion that Waterfall could be off - he isn’t guaranteed first team football and at his age he’ll want to be playing every week. Also think Holohan isn’t good enough to be starting each week - fine as a sub but doesn’t influence a game enough for me to warrant a spot each week.
I think if Waterfall goes it'll be his choice, can't see Hurst wanting rid of him. He has forced at least one other move in his career that I'm aware of so could happen. He's still a very good defender at this level for me though. Not for a side that wants to play out admittedly. If Maher and Rodgers don't gel then it could turn out to be a foolish move to have let him go as he'll be the one you'd want to come in and steady the ship.

Holohan I totally agree with you but he as he's more of a jack of all trades CM, he also offers Hurst a middle ground between Hunt and Green who are very much in the specialist mould. Another reliable head to bring into the fold if any combo of Clifton/Conteh/Hunt/Khouri/Green don't click. Those five are a fairly young crop of midfielders too, with Green the oldest having just turned 26.

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Didn't bother him 11 years ago when he was last in this division. Only issue will be if his body can withstand the kickings. He's an asshole on the pitch, always has been. A bit of rough treatment absolutely won't affect him mentally. Physically maybe, but not mentally.

Also depends on how much he wants it. Always been his issue, his desire.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
I imagine we will line up in a 3-4-1-2 as follows;

Owen Goodman
Nico Lawrence / Connor Hall / Tom Dallison
Junior Tchamadeu / Arthur Read / Mauro Bandeira / Ellis Iandolo
Noah Chilvers
Samson Tovide / Tom Hopper

Sounds as though we're expecting another two signings in the next few days, hopefully one is a forward. Still appear to be in a bit of a stand-off with Stoke over Tchamadeu so he stays at wing back for now. Hopper and John Akinde are quite interchangeable, but last weekend's two friendlies hinted that Hopper currently has the nod.

Would like to see Matt Jay integrated into the side somewhere, but he hasn't quite found a place yet.

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
I imagine we will line up in a 3-4-1-2 as follows;

Owen Goodman
Nico Lawrence / Connor Hall / Tom Dallison
Junior Tchamadeu / Arthur Read / Mauro Bandeira / Ellis Iandolo
Noah Chilvers
Samson Tovide / Tom Hopper

Sounds as though we're expecting another two signings in the next few days, hopefully one is a forward. Still appear to be in a bit of a stand-off with Stoke over Tchamadeu so he stays at wing back for now. Hopper and John Akinde are quite interchangeable, but last weekend's two friendlies hinted that Hopper currently has the nod.

Would like to see Matt Jay integrated into the side somewhere, but he hasn't quite found a place yet.
Bizarre that a player that got 32 in 2 season the last time he was at this level can't crack your starting XI no? Feels like you've got 3 target men and seem intent on starting those 3 first. Could Jay not be an option alongside Tovide with Hopper and Akinde as bench options?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!