Summary of your season.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I'm sure this will be asked again at the end of the season but I thought it might be a good idea to ask it now as we reach the home straight, before everyone's view of how their season went is just basically, how April/May went.

How you feel about your season right now
A bit fed up that it petered out so disappointingly in 2016 and the play-offs now seem a hope rather than an expectation

How you would have felt in the summer about where you are now
Pretty happy to be honest that we've not only put relegation behind us for the first time in about four years, but have a faint hope of promotion.

Quickly describe how the season has gone for you
We started slowly in August, but from there till December were one of the most exciting teams to watch in the Football League, high scoring and calamity defending but with a gradual tipping of the balance towards the former we were winning games in entertaining fashion, passing the ball around (sometimes right in front of our own goal) and turning into serious promotion contenders Our most common scoreline was 3-2. Then we got flooded, and I don't know whether that had an impact or if it was something else, but we haven't been the same since, boring draws and long-ball has become our trademark and a winless spell saw us drop into mid-table, only staying within reach of the play-offs because of other teams poor form.

Moments to remember

Holding out for 120 minutes at Anfield (and beating QPR at Loftus Road)
Beating Notts County 3-0 at Deepdale to go 5th in the table
Coming back from 3-1 down to beat Luton 4-3
Over 17,000 packing into Brunton Park to watch us play Everton

Moments to forget
Getting flooded
Getting only 2 wins from 10 games against Dagenham, York, Newport and Yeovil (including two FA Cup games against Yeovil, I include them and Newport because both looked like whipping boys at the time we played them)
Making such a minuscule impression on the game against Everton.

This season summed up in a single game

First half - Carlisle 4 - 4 Cambridge
Second half - Dagenham 0 - 0 Carlisle
(I said single and then broke my own rule because of how two-halved our season has been)

Reasons to be optimistic for next season

We've improved massively from last season and have played some really exciting football. If the improvement continues in the same vein I could see us challenge for promotion next season and hopefully win the crowds back.

Reasons to be pessimistic for next season
Our board have knocked back two offers from local investors that were put forward with the backing of the fans, and instead spend most of the season trying to get people to believe there was some mystery billionaire waiting to pump money into the club, ultimately we end up no closer to seeing any investment and with the same 'custodians' in charge that oversaw our decline in the first place.

In years to come, this will be remembered as the season when...

We got flooded (again)

BeesKnees

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet FC
Relaxed. Safety assured and nothing to worry about.
It's a bizarre feeling not feeling desperate for the win and not manically checking to see if other results have gone our way.

Over the moon, the conference winning side had been decimated and the replacements looked poor. I was very concerned about the signings of Lisbie, Champion, Tomlinson and Batt. Thought we might be closer to relegation than we are.

We had a really tough first dozen games so wasnt surprised by slow start but saw enough against the poorer sides to feel we'd do ok. Results improved as the season went on but generally the football has been pretty dull.

Moments to remember

The frustration we have caused the top teams in the division by beating them.

Moments to forget
With the exception of the Millwall game the cups have been a non event

Yeovil away. Play reasonably well, get ahead and then daft subs and sitting back invites pressure.

Young players coming through look really good and the January signings have made a difference. The Hive will look a little less temporary with a new away stand and proper ticket office.
We are going to lose a couple of decent players who are out of contact.

We achieved our highest points total and position this century

Last edited:

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
crash-750x420.jpeg

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Disappointed however on reflection not entirely surprised. I wasn't necessarily expecting a title challenge but I was expecting us to be challenging high up in the table throughout the season but i'd be surprised if we ever made it up above mid table at any point. However the warning signs for this type of season where their at the end of last season with the shocking run of form from Februaryish onwards I think was reflective of the decline of Still as much as anything.

I'd probably be most surprised that Still had been sacked. I felt that he would at least get a season, even if we were poor, before being moved on simply due to the good will he built up in getting us out of the conference. Looking back he probably should have gone sooner but its easy to look back and say that now.

In my mind we have 3 different sections of the season. Up until Still was sacked in mid December it was just dull as dishwater football mixed with shockingly poor defending. Then we had that weird period with no manager until mid January where it was just limbo with various names being chucked into the the hat, that was the section of the season of proper backs to the wall try not to concede football with little ambition on display from us, id describe this period as rock bottom. I cannot describe how lacking in adventure we were during those games. Then Jones has come in and is trying to move things forward, weve played some good stuff at times and equally some pretty terrible stuff as well but in the main are trending in the right direction,

Moments to remember

Err.... for the first team absolutely nothing.

For the club, the run in the FA Youth Cup, and indeed the general performance of the youth squad has been heart warming to see and something which i hope isn't forgotten as we see those players progress to the first team.

Moments to forget
A lot of these arent "moments" per se because this season has just been a long extended car crash really, one long extended "bad moment" if you will! But:
- Consistently giving away late goals, in particular in the early part of the season, Oxford, Portsmouth, Notts County, Bristol Rovers the list is seemingly endless. As Still was want to point out, a few of those where fine margins but when you do it that often it cannot be down to just bad luck.
- The 4-3 defeat to Carlisle having been 3-1 up. The game where I think everyone realised the Still era was very much over.
- Most home games this season!
- Mark Tyler leaving, fantastic servant to this club through some pretty dark times, pretty sad how it all ended with him.
- McNulty leaving in similarly sad circumstances
- Still leaving. He did a lot for us but it was time.
- Pretty much anything the following players have done in a Luton shirt this year - Steve O'Donnell, Ryan Hall, Magnus Okuonghae, Mark O'Brien, Elliott Justham, Joe Pigott and to a slightly lesser extent, redeemed ever so slightly by more recent performances, Scott Cuthbert.
- Perhaps controversial to some but most of what Jonathan Smith and Scott Griffiths have done. Good players for us at one point in time but now unfortunately need to be moved on if we want to progress.

Luton 3 Carlisle 4

Tough as we have been several shades of shit at varying times. Perhaps not representative of a typical Luton match this season. But for me that Carlisle game was massive and the point the season turned from "maybe Still will turn it around" too "so who is the next manager going to be".

- We have improved under Jones and have started to play some quite good football at times. Been a breath of fresh air to have young manager at the helm after Still, who i think had been tactically left behind.
- The performance of the youth team has been exceptional, really hope some of those lads start coming through in the coming seasons.
- In Marriott and McGeehan i think we have 2 young players who we can build around.
- The new stadium proposals seem to be gaining traction with people who matter in the council

- A number of players who really need shipping out have another year or more on their contracts and will likely be here next season
- Only because he hasnt really made many signings yet but Jones performance in the transfer market is a bit of an unknown. Find it slightly concerning that he seems to rate a player like Joe Pigott so highly.
- We're Luton, something is bound to happen

The ball finally started rolling in earnest for our move away from Kenilworth Road.

Jockney

Reaction score
Supports
Fred Onyedinma

We achieved our highest points total and position this century

Didn't you reach the play-offs in the early part of this century under Martin Allen?

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
As what you said Shoddy, our season has fell away since the start of 2016, annoyingly had we have beaten Yeovil and Newport we'd be right in the mix still. It's a bit of a meh end to the season now.

It seems like us and Carlisle are like for like in this respect, I would have took this at the start of the season easily as last season was an absolute mess and a reminder that it's very easy to slip into that hellhole of a league.

We started off extremely well, holding our own in the top 7 and even pressurising the top 3, we were playing some great stuff. It all fell apart in October for us against Bristol Rovers which ironically probably kickstarted their season, We had Nicky Hunt sent off who was pivotal to our season with his leadership, we also lost Mal Benning for 3 months in this game after he collided with the beast who also was crucial to our steady back 4. After this we looked very shaky while still picking the odd result it was clear we wasn't able to beat a side within the top half of the table and that our home form wasn't great.

We went through a tough couple of months however we were still in the mix come the new year. Mal Benning and Nicky Hunt who both returned to the squad after lengthy stints out with injury and put in great shifts like they were never away. The form picked up we went on a run which saw us climb back into the play offs.

However the sale of Nicky Hunt probably had a knock on effect for us as we lacked that leadership and quality that we had and replaced him with Daniel Alfei who has been mediocre at best.

We have unfortunately let our season slip away after that with a tough set of games in March which have made us a midtable team.
Moments to remember

Winning 2-0 against Notts County with 2,700 Stags fans making the trip which was an incredible atmosphere.
Mal Benning's crackers v Carlisle, Dagenham and of course his best against Newport.
Being in and around the top 7 for most of the season.
Moments to forget
The amount of penalties this team bloody give away.
Not being attacking enough and always playing 1 up top.
Adam Chapman's Hollywood passes.
Adi Yussuf taking the piss.
Not being able to beat a side above us in the table.
Losing against Yeovil and Newport to effectively rule us out of the play off hunt.

Mansfield 1-1 (Insert team here)

Since last season we have improved immensely so that kind of level of progress again will see us easily challenging for the top 7. We have a solid spine to the team that have played some great stuff at times this season and a player in Matt Green who is finally starting to find his feet after being injured. With some quality L2 additions we'll be a good team next year. Our training ground should be ready for next season also so no more training on fields with moles on them! Oh and we're finally having the scoreboard installed!!! After buying it 18 months ago.
Reasons to be pessimistic for next season.
Unfortunately it looks like Tafazolli will leave at the end of the season who has been an amazing player for us and is one of the best centre backs out there in L2. Maybe Murray will keep to his defensive tactics which have shown so many times this season that they very much limit us.
Super Mal Benning hit a cracker against Newport.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Didn't you reach the play-offs in the early part of this century under Martin Allen?
You're thinking 0f 03/04 when we were in the Conference! Martin Allen didn't even stay to the end of that season with us.
We did finish 12th with 60 points in 07/08 in League 2, so that's what we're looking to beat.

BeesKnees

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet FC
You're thinking 0f 03/04 when we were in the Conference! Martin Allen didn't even stay to the end of that season with us.
We did finish 12th with 60 points in 07/08 in League 2, so that's what we're looking to beat.

I think it will be close, might not get 12th but good chance of reaching 60. We are definitely capable of 10 points in 7 games.

PoolieTom

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Delighted, despite our position. We have got rid of the people holding us back, and look to have a really solid management team in place.

Delighted again. Under RM I fully expected to be fighting relegation again, so to be (almost) safe in March is brilliant. However, I am also frustrated by the time taken to dismiss RM, and feel we could be challenging for the playoffs if he had been given the boot when he should.

Started brilliantly, 4 wins on the bounce (when RM wasn't in charge of first team duties due to a family illness). He then returned, and we turned to shit. Embarrassed by Salford on TV twice, then even more embarrassed by Ronnie's after-match analysis. Postponed game, after postponed game, after postponed game which meant we didn't play a league game for 4 or 5 weeks. RM was finally given the boot, and our season has transformed. Now the players are playing to their actual ability rather than being held back. I expect a decent finish, even though our run in is against teams at the top of the ladder.

Moments to remember

Ronnie being given the boot.
Paynters goal against York, sending 2,000 Poolies home happy.
Outplaying Derby in the FA Cup.
The last minute winner against Plymouth on the final day of the season to send us into the Play-offs (okay, okay)

Moments to forget
Salford away
Salford at home
Ronnie Moore

Hartlepool 0-0 (2-0 aet) Salford.
Shambolic showing, embarassing for 75% of the game, but managed to rescue ourselves

A manager who isn't reading the 1970's manual to coaching. A defensive coach who seems to know how to get players defending. The season to be known as 'The season of the Bingham'. Ambitious chairman.

We are Hartlepool, and being pessimistic is what we do great. Unlikely signings of Jackson and Gray may be hard to replace.

Ronnie got sacked which saved us from oblivion.

huddsmoose

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Non-plussed. I predicted we'd miss out on the playoffs by a place or two, which we're roughly on for. This season has been a missed opportunity though - we've played within ourselves most of the year and could easily have grabbed a top 7 spot if we'd been a little more consistent.

Not a surprise. It's a reasonable improvement on last year but we've spent well to only finish mid-table.

Massive pre-season excitement was generated by one high-profile signing after another. We've never lived up to billing though and have been massively inconsistent.

Sacking Money and bringing in Derry has seen an upturn in form but still very inconsistent results. Away wins at Plymouth and Orient and taking 4 points off Northampton have been counteracted by several performances where we just haven't turned up.

Moments to remember

Not many! Highlights for me have included beating Northampton and Orient and seeing young Will Norris establish himself as our number 1.

Moments to forget
0-3 Bristol Rovers
0-3 Crawley
0-2 Stevenage
The Rory Gaffney saga

Given the way our form has been, I'd have to give you consecutive games - a good 3-0 win against a Yeovil side on excellent form, followed up by a 3-0 defeat at Rovers where we didn't turn up.

We are financially stable and sustaining decent crowds. We'll be able to give Derry a budget amongst the best in the league next year.

We've also got the spine of a top League 2 team - Legge, Berry, Dunk and Corr all signed up.

Derry has so far been able to identify our glaring weaknesses and tried to find a fix.

Derry has a real job on his hands to offload some expensive flops. Can he find anyone willing and able to pay Keith Keane, Mark Roberts and Elliot Omozusi the wages they expect?

If he does, he'll have plenty of cash to get some new lads in but can he spot and attract the right talent? He doesn't seem to have a great track record in this.

Also, we need to find a solution to Barry Corr. When fit he's one of the best forwards in the league. He's just not fit very often... we either need to find a like for like replacement or change the way we play when he's not fit.

We wonder where the Man Utd cash went

Jockney

Reaction score
Supports
Fred Onyedinma

BeesKnees

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet FC
Not sure I know whether the 1999-00 season falls in this or last century. If I said highest points total for seasons solely in this century does that make everyone happier?

GloverGing

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Relieved, for a large part of this season we were in real danger of a third successive relegation, but we have pulled away recently and should have enough to stay up

Happy that we are staying up, which was the only aim of the season, but would have liked to finish a little higher up the table.

The first half of the season was abysmal, a complete squad overhaul, followed by injuries to almost all our experienced players along with very negative tactics from Sturrock had us floundering at the bottom of the table. However the appointment of Way, and the arrival of players like Darren Ward and Francois Zoko, has led to a turn around better than anyone could have predicted. We are unbeaten at home under Way, and have picked up impressive wins against play-off chasing teams.

Moments to remember

Beating Maidstone in the F.A cup with 9 men
Dickson's last minute winner against Mansfield
Compton's hat-trick against Wimbledon

Moments to forget
Everything in the league between August 8th and December 1st
Zoko's penalty against Carlisle

2-2 at home to Dagenham, horrendous first half against a relegation rival, but fought back to somehow salvage a point.

We seem to have stopped the rot and hopefully wont see the massive change in personnel that we have seen in previous seasons, so there will be some sense of stability at the club. We have a decent core of locally based players like Dickson and Tozer to build around. While off the the field the formation of a supporters trust is a step in the right direction.

Some of our most impressive players are out of contract in the summer (Sokolik, Zoko, Krysiak), or on loan (Roberts and Walsh) and may have to be replaced. Way is still very inexperienced as a manager and we have yet to see how he does in a transfer window with the meager budget he will be given.

The Way era began.

AboveWater

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Fairly chuffed, hoping for wembley, not gonna lie

Very pleased, though we all hope for autos, you've gotta keep grounded and play offs and above is most teams realistic goal. Would still be fairly disappointed that there seems to be no autos

Miles better than the last 7-8 years! A few draws that could have been wins, a few extra points on the board and could have been an exceptional season, but the play offs seems our best bet right now.

Moments to remember

A real decent FA cup run and having a bizarre twist of fortunes game with premier league Bournemouth
coming back from 3-0 down at home to morecambe to draw 3-3
A few of the youth lads (chaplin and webbo) having really good seasons
Pompey lad Conor Chaplin scoring against derby at the fratton end to win the early season league cup game

Moments to forget
The newport shambles at fratton park, (no offence in any way at all to newport, decent team we were just pony)
Accepting that the autos were probably out of reach when we got outclassed by oxford at fratton
Paul cook arguing with local media after they hound him with stupid questions
Morecambe away. Corner. Goalkeeper. Injury time. Equaliser.

Take any one of our 15 draws this season. Our failure to turn these into wins has cost dear.

This has been the first season where pompey fans can genuinely say "our team is decent" since the 7 years in the prem. We've bought in a manager who isn't everyones cup of tea, but has more about him than whatever the hell we had in the last few years, a million times so. We've crafted a nearly completely new team and we've held our own in the play offs all season, looking back thats gotta be a decent season?
The potential of not being promoted worries me with our demanding fanbase, hoping crowds don't take a hit (not likely but hey) and hoping the crowd don't get on at cook and the players.

The beginning of the paul cook era?

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
*Rubs thighs and says phwooooooaaaaaarrrrrr*

I'd have said, "that'll never happen you silly bastard"

We started indifferently in August, and then things quickly went to shit. Everything started to fall apart as our 'takeover' dragged on. Rumours surfaced of administration and money issues, and then they proved to be true. Our chairman disappeared and the HMRC surfaced demanding money. Protracted Kelvin Thomas takeover through October and November led to Wilder finally snapping and ordering the chairman to sell the club in a post match interview, with the Twitter and Facebook accounts calling for him to go. The Monday after it was confirmed and normality off the pitch returned. We'd be flying during this period and just carried it on. Went top in December, haven't lost since December 19th and we're cruising it. It's been amazing and worrying in equal measure.

Moments to remember

Coventry in the FA Cup.
Wilders plea.
Crawley away after the takeover, great night
Luton away, 4-3 win, went top
Scoring 3 goals in about 5 minutes to beat Northwich Victoria
7000 Cobblers at MK away
Beating Plymouth on Tuesday night at Home Park, made our move that night
Beating Orient 4-0 at Brisbane Road
Coming from behind at Stevenage, scenes on toast

Moments to forget
David Cardoza

First half - Luton 3-4 Northampton (utterly mental)
Second half - Orient 0-4 Northampton (a procession)

We'll be in League 1 with a good side

We need to sort out our East Stand

Everything went batshit

Youpies

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Nothing to see here...

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
Fuck off

Suicidal

Shite

Moments to remember

No

Moments to forget
Yes

The one where we were terrible and lost

Some fun American owners maybe

Many

I paid money to watch Jon Stead and Alan Smith play football

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Garbage. We've played shit football in a shit division against shit teams. How there 16 worse teams than us is beyond me, but seemingly there are. Fucking disgrace of a division. If we make the playoffs we will get murdered.

Surprised that Becchetti hadn't burnt Brisbane Road to the ground in a drunken rage.

Five wins, then absolute garbage. Under Hendon we scored lots and let in a succession of absolutely godawful goals whilst playing terrible direct football. Under Nolan we've tightened up at the back and stopped scoring any goals whilst playing terrible direct football.

Moments to remember

Er. Blair Turgott's blinding goal against Stevenage?
Ian Hendon getting the bullet.
That's it.

Moments to forget
Dean Cox getting injured for the season and fucking our promotion chances in one fell swoop.
The Marriott Gulag incident.
Becchetti kicking Hessenthaler up the 'arris.
All of the football, including the wins.

Hartlepool away. 1-0 up at half time; should have been 3 or 4. Two defensive clustercusses later and we're playing catch up. Cocked a great chance to equalise, then let a third in against the worst side we've played all season.

Should Becchetti keep waving his dirty lira around, we'll always have a considerable financial advantage over most in the division.

If we spend said lira on the likes of Connor Essam and Ollie Palmer, we'll be nowhere near automatic promotion again. Assuming Kevin Nolan isn't as big of a fucking idiot as Ian Hendon that shouldn't be a problem, but hanging on to established star players such as Jay Simpson, Dean Cox and Matt Baudry will be paramount.

Oh, and we're run like a fucking circus. That doesn't help.

We paid money for Ollie Palmer. Actual money. That could have been piled up and used as a bonfire to keep a homeless person warm for the night, or any number of other more worthy expenditures.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Sad.

Unimaginable.

I started on a high, and a lot of people on a rather well known football forum said I was better than Messi. Then something happened and I couldn't hit a barn door from five yards. I lost my place in the starting line up and warmed the subs bench for six whole months. Worst season of my career so far.

Moments to remember

1. The goal I scored against Morecambe on the opening day of the season.
2. The consolation goal I got at Northampton.
3. The other consolation goal I scored at Stanley.

Moments to forget
1.The numerous goal scoring opportunities I had but failed to put away when clean through.
2. The first time I was dropped from the first eleven.
3. When a lot of Poolies said Fat Billy was a better striker. Pffftt. As if.

Conference North clubs are well run.

There's always a chance my footballing talent desert me.

Pools could have won promotion if only they had kept their faith in me and didn't drop me halfway through the season.

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
Sad.

Unimaginable.

I started on a high, and a lot of people on a rather well known football forum said I was better than Messi. Then something happened and I couldn't hit a barn door from five yards. I lost my place in the starting line up and warmed the subs bench for six whole months. Worst season of my career so far.

Moments to remember

1. The goal I scored against Morecambe on the opening day of the season.
2. The consolation goal I got at Northampton.
3. The other consolation goal I scored at Stanley.

Moments to forget
1.The numerous goal scoring opportunities I had but failed to put away when clean through.
2. The first time I was dropped from the first eleven.
3. When a lot of Poolies said Fat Billy was a better striker. Pffftt. As if.

Conference North clubs are well run.

There's always a chance my footballing talent desert me.

Pools could have won promotion if only they had kept their faith in me and didn't drop me halfway through the season.
Pure genius.

wilsontown

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Not right brilliant.

Unsurpised. The pre-season 2-0 loss at Harrogate Town, where the home fans were singing "Football League, you're having a laugh", was a harbinger of what a shambles the season would become.

"Disastrously" would about cover it. We started badly under Wilcox, and got steadily worse. We sacked Wilcox and brought in Jackie McNamara. Jackie booted out a bunch of the useless players we had - this was probably, on balance, not a bad move. Then he replaced them with a bunch of kids on loan from Premiership/Championship sides - this was a disaster. It actually looked like it might come good for a while in January and February when we started picking up results at home against mid-table sides, but after beating Exeter 2-0, Jackie changed the side and we haven't won since. After getting beat by Daggers away the writing was on the wall.

Moments to remember
Beating Bradford City on penalties in the League Cup, a proper cup tie.
Danny Galbraith's extra time winner against Stevenage.
The JPT win against Donny was good too, but no-one gives a shit about that.

Moments to forget
The vast majority of the season.

AFC Wimbledon away. We go 1-0 up with a decent strike by Russell Penn in the first half. They equalise early in the 2nd half. We were being outplayed, but were battling and hanging on - until we lost with a wonder strike on the last kick of the game.
We have dropped 24 points from winning positions this season.

Most of the current dross are out of contract and we're unlikely to see them again.

Jackie is looking likely to be in charge - if we go with his youth strategy in the conference we'll be doing a Stockport. Also we're reliant on Jason McGill's continued funding and the bloke must be wondering why he bothers by now.

If we're lucky, the season when we were relegated and the club got enough of a kick up the arse to turn itself around properly. If we're unlucky, it could be remembered as the beginning of the end for the club.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
Relaxed and going with the flow.

In general, not surprised but certainly disappointed. In detail often surprised and mostly pleased with the surprises.

I expected/feared BB Corr to get injured but thought Luke Berry, rather than a relatively light weight Port Vale/Gillingham reject, would be top scorer. I expected Richard Money to reach the end of the road but not so quickly and efficiently. I expected much more of our much lauded experienced signings and had no confidence that Will Norris, Josh Coulson and Harrison Dunk would even be in our team after January, let alone be leading lights and the basis for next season.

Away results, performances and match day experiences (Stevenage aside) have been far superior to those at the Abbey. August - great fun. September - Richard lost the plot and the dressing room. October - catching up with results from the wilds of Argentina, so missed the torture and defenestration. Nov/Dec - back for Derry's first match (at Oxford), typical Money performance with plenty of effort. Derry doesn't know his best team. Xmas/NY catching up with results from The Gambia. Jan - Bullishness rising. Feb - reality setting in. March - Next season should be more fun, stripes back in fashion?

Moments to remember

Decent beer and banter in Rotherham pubs.
4-4 mayhem and decent curry at Carlisle
Fresh grilled sardines before Legge/Corr motivated bullying at Kingston.
York Hotel and Williamson's goal at Morecambe.
Goal of the season off Williamson's arse.
Lemon Sole after classic away win at Plymouth.
Leyton Tech, songs in the Coach & Horses then the arrival of Sir Jimmy Spencer.
Civilised drinking at Northampton (Dunston), 90 minutes of struggle and a Jimmy special off his shin.
Pleasant bank holiday in the Bristol sun, award winning fish & chips and a mardy manger who doesn't like losing.

Moments to forget
Anything involving Stevenage, including wins and the Messi of the Southern League.
Anything involving Crawley, even Josh Simpson.
The Gaffneygate obsession
First half at York.
Last 10 minutes for Barrow AFC at the Shay (although the beer and company was better than Barnet away would have offered).
Rounds 10, 11 & 12 of Elimination Reverse Sheep.

Carlisle 4 - 4 Cambridge. The writing was on the wall.

Core of a team in place.
Manager will hopefully have learned a lot, tactically and about the division.
Jez's OCD control freakery and the Dogg's common sense can see us the ructions that will inevitably arise off field.
We haven't frittered away the ManUre money :hypo: :£

We are Cambridge United.
Dead wood on 2 year contracts
BB Corr's knee
South Cambs DC and Cambridge City Council
Braintree might come up.
Posh will still get more BBC coverage

We decided to stay at the Abbey, build a new NRE home terrace and put exec boxes on MY SPOT in the Habbin. I'll probably be long gone before they actually do it.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Outside looking in, just like every other season in recent memory.
Bit ripe from a Wolves fan who are probably the Kings of under achievement in my 50 years on the planet.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Exceeded all my expectations

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
After the circus of the last 2 seasons now, I'm just happy we're not going bust or down. We're not good enough for promotion.

Probably happy as we was in a proper state back in the summer. However, with the money invested in the team around January, I'd have been disappointed.

We started August well, but we was shocking by our squads standards till Nolan turned up in January and made us harder to beat at least.

Moments to remember

Beating Staines 6-1
Beating Portsmouth 3-2 and 1-0
Beating Morecambe twice 1-0 each time, with two lucky lucky goals and playing awful in both games.
Jay Simpson being the first Orient player since 1977 to score 20+ league goals in a season.

Moments to forget
Mondays 2-0 loss at home to Hartlepool was pretty poor.
Losing 3-0 away to Scunthorpe in an FA Cup replay which denied us a game with Chelsea at the Bridge.
Becchetti kicking Hessenthaler up the arse.
Losing our best player Dean Cox for the whole season.

I'm going to agree with E10 Rifle here, Hartlepool away where we lost 3-1. We took the lead, failed to capitalise on chances we created, let them back in the game with an idividual error. Still create chances to take the lead again, fail to take them - End up losing 3-1 due to our mistakes at the back being punished - something we've not done often enough.

Our owner has paid more transfer fees in 9 months, than Barry Hearn did in 20 years.

The fact that our owner cannot spend his money correctly.

Ollie Palmer is banging in goals regularly for a team in the Conference and we remember Ian Hendon paid money for him!

Murphy

Bloody Nice Chap
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham & Redbridge and Stephen Mulhern.
Twitter
@NickMurphy1995
Loved every minute, been an absolute whirlwind.

Over the moon, I mean we've surpassed all expectations and set new records along the way. It's been a season to remember.

It's gone down the pan.

Moments to remember

Signing Nyron Nosworthy
Playing Nyron Nosworthy
Nyron Nosworthy retiring.

Moments to forget
Losing our winless record against Northampton was disappointing for me. We're going down and we haven't even managed to cock the Northampton fixture up properly this season.

*See all home fixtures for the 2015/2016 season.

It can't be any worse than this.

What if it can get worse than this?

Jamaica's greatest international footballer - Nyron Nosworthy - finally hung up his boots from the game. A truly great servant and one whose service will be acknowledged in future Dagenham home games with a 20th minute applause in recognition of how many yards off the pace he was.

In Summary:

churchill.jpg

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Pure genius.

Why, thank you sir! You're making me blush now :blush:

Tbh, I was going to comment on The U's, but then I saw Huddsmoose's post and he said exactly the same things I was going to say, with the exception of the two games he gave as a summary of our season. He mentioned the 3-0 Yeovil win and the 3-0 defeat at The Gas, and I was thinking of the 2-1 away win at Wimbledon and the 3-0 home defeat to Crawley just 4 days later.

And one of things I can't stand is people repeating other peoples' posts. Like post-match comments for instance. If you agree with someone else's comments then give him a 'like'. No need to basically copy and paste his post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!