Summary of your season

Jockney

Reaction score
Supports
Fred Onyedinma
Stolen from other forums.

How you feel about your season right now

After a slow start we managed to find a degree of consistency and I've been confident we'll finish in the top six since then. Home form has definitely improved and the academy graduates and miscellaneous youth players coming through have been very impressive: some among our best players. Hard to complain too much. I've not been overly thrilled by our performances on the whole, but given this was meant to be a season of transition (and still is in many respects) I've seen enough to know that we're not far off being a genuine force.

How would you have felt in the summer about where you are now

In July I would have snapped your hand off. In August I would have been very pleased, but not surprised.

Quickly describe how the season has gone for you

Slow start, ponderous middle, hopefully not a collapse at the end. Long periods of consistency have propelled us forward. Short periods of inconsistency have held us back.

Best signing

Mahlon Romeo or Shane Ferguson. Jed Wallace if we're allowed loanees.

Worst signing

We haven't signed too many players. I suppose it would have to be Tony Craig because he's been out injured for much of the season.

Best player

Jordan Archer or Steve Morison. Since the turn of the year, though, it would be one of Lee Gregory, Mahlon Romeo or Ben Thompson.

Worst player

Ed Upson. Just doesn't offer us anything. Had high hopes for him after his displays for Yeovil in this league, but he has been extremely disappointing.

Most missed

No-one, they were all fucking shit.

Moments to remember

The 4-0 at Southend was a nice little Christmas surprise that helped get us back on track again. Given their timing, the victories against Walsall and Burton were also very important.

Moments to forget

The nine home defeats in all competitions this season.

This season summed up in a single game

Our season has been defined by our away form, so any of those victories.

Reasons to be optimistic for next season

More academy graduates coming through and the likes of O'Brien, Fred, Thompson, Romeo, et al, should continue to develop. None of our better players are likely to be going anywhere, unless Gregory really shines in the play-offs or something.

Reasons to be pessimistic for next season

Another season in this shit league. Summer period is always disruptive and could have a negative impact on team spirit, balance or whatever. The grace period for Harris will have finished and expectation will be on him to deliver promotion: remains to be seen if he can handle that pressure.

In years to come, this will be remembered as the season when...

...we, for once, didn't initially struggle on our return to this league. Also, possibly the year the next great generation of youngsters since Cahill, Neill, et al, broke through?

What to expect next season

A title tilt, or else automatic promotion. The league will be much stronger next year, though, even with the shite likely to come down.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham

We haven't been out of the top 4 all season, it's been pretty excellent up til now, if not frustrating since Christmas as we've lost some poor games.

I thought we'd finish about 8th, so to be flirting with the play-offs all season was about right for me. Didn't expect us to ever be in with a shout of automatic promotion though so that has been a fun bonus.

Started on fire, lost a few 'first v second' games and then decided to be very mediocre against the relegation candidates. We're great against mid-table sides though.

Best signing

Probably Josh Wright or Ryan Jackson of the permanents.

Worst signing

Ben Williamson. Already gone.

Best player

Seeing as he's been the player of the season for the whole league, it's Bradley Dack.

Worst player

We haven't carried too many stragglers in honesty, so probably Williamson again which is a touch harsh on him. Adam Chicksen was a pretty pointless loan as well.

Most missed

In terms of who we let go last summer or someone who's been injured for a chunk of the season? In the first instance, then I guess the one who I felt had something a little different was Leon Legge, but our centre half options haven't exactly been terrible. Second instance, losing Egan and Dack at the same time has been irritating.

Moments to remember

4-0 v Sheffield United
3-0 v Millwall
3-1 v Swindon
Last minute winners against Scunthorpe and Crewe
Rory Donnelly's goal against Fleetwood

Moments to forget

Losing at Colchester, Blackpool, Oldham, Barnsley and Fleetwood - all of whom were bottom 4 at the time.
Throwing away 2-0 leads in consecutive away games at Wigan and Doncaster in January, having done the same earlier in the season at Walsall. All 3 games we were coasting in.

Gills 4-0 Sheffield United. Knowing we were good enough to compete with the bigger sides is one thing, going and proving it quite another. Add in a Bradley Dack masterclass and a few goals, and that's our season.

We have an excellent young squad, without being inexperienced

Our best players will more than likely leave in the summer, leaving us potentially back at square one.

Bradley Dack announced himself

Depends where we are. If we're in this league, then I reckon 8th would be my prediction again. If we're in the Championship then I'd expect to back posting in this forum the following season.

markpvfc

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Boring

Relegation

Krazy8

Blowfishing This Up
Reaction score
Supports
Long term gains.
Pretty shit
Pretty shit
Started off ok, quickly turned to completely shit and has now plateaued at pretty shit
Best signing
Nicky Ajose Scores Goals
Worst signing
Despite being pretty shit no-one immediately jumps out at me, probably because they're all aged between 12 and 15 and we're still waiting to see who develops and who doesn't
Best player
Nicky Ajose Scores Goals (honourable mention for Jon Obika)
Worst player
Well most of them have been pretty shit but if I had to choose someone I'd say Yaser Kasim. Gone from Pirlo like to Ali Dia like in six months
Most missed
Massimo Luongo-he's better than Dele Alli you know
Moments to remember
:dk:
It's all been pretty shit really
Moments to forget
We lost 6-0 to Scunthorpe

Fucking Scunthorpe.
Well most games have been pretty shit so I think the Wigan game sums it up. Suicidal defending, Nathan Thompson getting sent-off and Nicky Ajose Scores Goals scoring with his only touch of the match. Oh, and it was on TV so all the City bastards on here got to see it.
Nicky Ajose Scores Goals
Nicky Ajose Scores Goals will probably leave in the summer
We were pretty shit and Nicky Ajose scored goals
No idea. If I had to put money on it I'd say we'll probably be pretty shit and Nicky Ajose Scores Goals will probably be scoring goals again.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra

Never expected any different. Anger and frustration has long been replaced by apathy.

I said last May we were destined to finish 24th. Our squad is the worst I have ever seen at Crewe, the management is appalling and the club’s mentality is absurd.

From bad to worse.

Best signing

Not much in in but probably Bakayogo is the best of a fairly underwhelming bunch.

Worst signing

David Fox.

Best player

Ben Garratt

Worst player

Super Ollie Turton

Most missed

Anthony Grant

Moments to remember

None. This season should be binned.

Moments to forget

August-May.

Sheff 3-2 Crewe. Utter turd, finding the very occasional good spell but ultimately a class below the rest of the league.

Hahahaha.

League Two with an even weaker squad, same manager, same boardroom.

One of our last in the football league [potentially].

The biggest season in the club’s recent history. If there is not a serious change of mentality in the next few weeks then we are going to be lucky to be a league club in 2017/2018.

Robert Molenaar

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Twitter
@ben_bwoi

It's been such a mixed season it's hard to see how we are 6th right now. But we are, so we need to keep it that way and keep up this run that we are on. We are a hard team to beat and score against at times so if we can keep it up, who knows, maybe a play off place could be ours come May. If we do get to the play offs, we've done it before a few years back, so I wouldn't see why we couldn't repeat those results.

I thought we could sneak a play off spot only due to the fact I thought this seasons division looked quite poor on paper. I think we are where we should be.

Slow start, ponderous middle, hopefully not a collapse at the end. Long periods of consistency have propelled us forward. Short periods of inconsistency have held us back. (Stolen from OP but exactly the same as us)

Best signing

Overall Reece Burke on loan from West Ham. A class act of a centre half, destined for Premier League football in a few years. Jamie Proctor will probably take it come the end of the season. Anyone that dethrones Hanson has to be seen as a good signing in our team.

Worst signing

Devante Cole. Scored a few goals yes, but lazy, bone-idle and how we actually managed to get a fee for him I'm not to sure. A fee and Jamie Proctor, looks like excellent business now.

Best player

I'm going to go for Mr. Consistent Rory McArdle. Only because he is, like I say, Mr. Consistent. A solid player all round and a great servant to the club.

Worst player

Hard to say out of the current squad, but my controversial choice is captain Stephen Darby. No technique, no leadership, gets a nose bleed everytime he gets past the half way line, but half decent defensively. Personally, I wouldn't keep him for next season.

Most missed

Would go for Andrew Davies. A great centre back at this level but he has been replaced by Reece Burke. Most missed because he would still be a great asset at the club.

Moments to remember

The clean sheet run was impressive and has been a foundation on the success of this season.

Moments to forget

Colchester at home springs to mind.

Any one of our 1-0 victories.

Parkinson has always improved our league position year on year since he's been at the club. He's on course to once again do that this season.

More rumours of takeovers which means a summer of no transfer business and a last minute rush to get a squad together.

I'll tell you in May.

Same again if we don't manage to get promoted through the play offs. A solid play off push I would expect.

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Awful, such an anti-climax to what could have been the first time we have finished in the top 6 for 46 years (if you didn't know:animatedf:).
On paper, most Coventry fans would have been happy to be in the top half. However, had we known in the summer that our squad would have Joe Cole, Bigirimana, Stephen Hunt (all three have been a flop) and other big names in it, then probably not.
A super start, a high point of going top of the league having smashed Gillingham 4-1 in November and then downhill pathetically since.
Best signing
Armstrong. Despite his goals drying up (down to the lack of chances created), he has definately been our best signing. His workrate is superb and I expect him to play at the top level for years to come. Top lad.
Worst signing
Very hard to give this to one player. Darius Henderson, Marc-Antoine Fortune and Stephan Hunt have been woeful every game they have played. God knows why Mowbray decided to sign anyone of them three. Bigirimana has been a big let down and Lateef Elford-Alliyu didn't even play in the league.
Cole could have been so much better, but at times his magnificance has shown through. Work his socks off for the club since signing, so he doesn't come close to the likes of Henderson.
Best player
Armstrong/Stokes. The only two players to consistently perform all season.
Worst player (All Season)
Fortune - His goal per game ratio is truly pathetic and despite one or two okay performances, he really has been shite. Poor, poor signing from Mowbray.
Worst player (Since our decline)
The whole squad could be up for this, but in particular, Sam Ricketts. Absolute shite for 4 months now. At fault for so many goals. Very poor captain.
Most missed
By an absolute mile, Reda Johnson. Our defence has been woeful without him and we have missed his goal every three games too. I feel with him in the side, there would not have been the sheer decline there has been.

Moments to remember
Beating top of the table Gillingham 4-1 for ourselves to then go top. The first half was incredible, probably the best I have seen for the club. Walking away from that game I was sure we would win the league...:err:. The Ricoh for once was rocking as well.
Other good games include smashing Milwall on their patch 4-0, beating Crewe 5-0 away and the 6-0 thrashing of Bury a couple of months ago.
Signing Joe Cole was incredible at the time, however despite some good performances, he hasn't carried us to promotion like many thought he would.
Moments to forget
December-now.
Getting smashed 3-0 away at 10 man Southend.
Throwing away a 2-0 lead at Swindon with 5 minutes to go, whilst be soaking wet in that shite away end.
Getting knocked out of every cup competition first round - good job Mowbray:ffs:.

Peterborough 3-1 on Friday. We showed how brilliant we can be for the first 30 minutes and then throwing away the game with stupid defensive mistakes.
It confirmed our season as over.

Not many.
A lot of the deadwood like Fortune, Henderson, Ricketts and Conor Thomas will be thrown out.
New young signing Jodi Jones looks like he could be a good player.

Just like every season, being owned by SISU, means we know we will finish mid-table. We don't own our own stadium, season ticket sales will be at a low and the likely-hood of Mowbray bringing us success is very low.
Add to that the vast majority of the squad will be off to new/parent clubs. No doubt they will all go on to do well, something they couldn't do for us. Maddison, Fleck, Armstrong, Murphy and Stephens, the core of our team, will all be off.

We managed to throw away our best shot at promotion in 15 years.
Signing Joe Cole.
The same as every year. Sign a few big names, have a good period and expect to go up, but then find ourselves finishing in the lower half of the table.

PUSB:ffs:

THE TERRACEMAN

Reaction score
Supports
BURTON ALBION

1. Its been an incredible journey so far, losing Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink when we did was disappointing especially seeing as we had just gone top of the league. However was delighted to see the return of Nigel Clough and he has done well to keep the momentum going.
To be top of the league by a point with 7 games to go is quite incredible.
2. To be honest I thought we could do well but we have over achieved in others eyes all season.
3. Season has been amazing but wondering if we have enough to see the job through.
4. Mark Duffy on loan from Birmingham City, missed a few good chances, scored some screamers and been very creative.
5. Worst signing definitely the German Timmy Thiele, currently on loan at Oldham. Not sure what JFH saw in him, a striker ? The lad sadly couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
6. Best player, been a few very consistent but overall Stuart Beavon has sweat blood for the team.
7. Worst player, Thiele again.
8. We have really missed the skills of Nasser El Khayati in my opinion, his dribbling, running and finishing skills plus his overall threat to the opposition as he was so unpredictable was never going to be easy to replace.
9. There have been too many special moments to go into detail. Humbling the Sky blues in the Ricoh arena was enjoyable !
10. Losing to a last minute sucker punch at home to Salop was a moment to forget.
11. Could be any of our 1-0 wins or clean sheets.
12. Not knowing what division we are in complicates the issue. Championship would be something else if we make it. Another season in league one I think we would find much more difficult. Hopefully Nigel Clough will be in charge whatever.
13. Can't be pessimistic which ever division we are in but would be saddened if Nigel Clough was tempted up the trent to Nottingham.
14. This season will always be remembered by the Albion faithful, already historic but it could over the course of the next 7 games turn into legend.
15. Depends if we make it to the championship, who knows what will happen on and off the field if we do, totally new territory for us.
If we stay in league one then I think we would have to improve the playing staff in the attacking side considerably just to maintain our status.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Its not been a bad season but a frustrating one as we have been a half decent striker away from really mounting a play off charge, our away form has been dreadful which again had it been addressed sooner may have given us an exciting end of season.
Overall though a decent Capital One Cup tie ended with a brave performance at WBA losing on penalties and our home form (until last week) has been superb. Some real good performances, mixed in with some not so good ones.

Happy considering we were written off as likely to be bottom 4 but most Vale fans were fairly confident with the signings made so not surprised.

Great at home, poor away, decent defensively, quality midfield, poor strikeforce.

Best signing

Anthony Grant or Sam Foley, both have been superb, Granty adding the bite in midfield we have missed since Griffith in League Two days... and Granty can pass too!

Worst signing

Theo Robinson - Dreadful

Best player

Grant as per the above although Enoch Andoh before his season ending injury may have been.

Worst player

Theo Robinson - Awful or special mention to Adam Yates horror show in a rare start at Wigan!

Most missed

Tom Pope for his goals

Moments to remember

0-0 at WBA, 1-0 win against a strong Burnley side, 3-0 footballing masterclass against Doncaster (should of been 8 bar for the keepers world class performance on the day) or beating Wigan 3-2 in injury time would be up there.

Moments to forget

Exeter away in the cup we had a shocker, as we did against Burton at home!

Probably the Coventry games or the Barnsley loss last week, superb until the final third but fail to take maximum points (and lose on a number of occasions)

Makings of a decent side with relatively small tweaks we could push for the top 6.

Need to keep the side together as take over turmoil could see us lose players.

Our home performances but a frustrating season... what could of been

Impossible to say, depends if Smurf is still the owner and if he cuts the budget as threatened (although he has threatened this every end of season and generally not done!) If we keep the core of the squad together and add a decent striker and have luck in keeping Enoch fit we could do well.

bantamigo

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Worst signing

Devante Cole. Scored a few goals yes, but lazy, bone-idle and how we actually managed to get a fee for him I'm not to sure. A fee and Jamie Proctor, looks like excellent business now.

Cole IS STILL our joint second top scorer now, and he didn't even play that much when he was here. I wouldn't call him a poor signing. Lazy yes, petulant child yes, massively un-Parkinson-like signing yes, but he was pretty effective. Poor signing for me would be someone like Josh Morris or Luke James, done nothing. Josh Morris is apparently on a wodge as well if you believe Fleetwood fans.

Also harsh on Darby, but you did concede it was controversial.

Robert Molenaar

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Twitter
@ben_bwoi
Cole IS STILL our joint second top scorer now, and he didn't even play that much when he was here. I wouldn't call him a poor signing. Lazy yes, petulant child yes, massively un-Parkinson-like signing yes, but he was pretty effective. Poor signing for me would be someone like Josh Morris or Luke James, done nothing. Josh Morris is apparently on a wodge as well if you believe Fleetwood fans.

Also harsh on Darby, but you did concede it was controversial.

Can't disagree with that. Good call on Luke James, totally forgotten about him. Morris has been injured for quite a while. Always remember that first half in the opening game of the season, he was absolutely fantastic so I'm sure there's a good player in there somewhere.

edit - just a pointer, I actually quite like our squad on the whole now, which is why it was difficult to pick a 'worst' player so to speak.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United

Could have been worse, could have been better. We should be doing better considering the wage budget supposedly had a significant increase compared to last year. A top half finish would be nice though.

Slightly disappointed as it looks very unlikely we have any chance of making the play-offs, we'd have liked at least a chance at making them at this stage of the season.

Up and down. Had some good moments, had some terrible moments.

Best signing

Murray Wallace easily, fantastic player.

Worst signing

Jack King, wish he'd fuck off already the shit c***.

Best player

Paddy Madden, literally carries us to everything. Wallace is pretty good too.

Worst player

Jack King, absolute waste of space and has god awful tattoos.

Most missed

No one really.

Moments to remember

The 6-0 victory over Swindon the other day and finally managing to beat Donny, twice.

Moments to forget

The 5-0 away loss at Blackpool, embarrassing stuff.

Barnsley 0-0 Scunthorpe

If we sign well and back Alexander we could easily push for the play-offs. We seem to have put together a very good back five, keep those together next season and our defense should be good.

We rely on Madden far too much so if we lose him, we're basically fucked.

We had three different managers.

A play-off push perhaps falling short again.

blade1889

sir
Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
]How you feel about your season right now

Awful

Its a lie

Awful

Best signing

Billy Sharp

Worst signing

The others.

Best player

Apply within

Worst player

The squad minus Sharp, Adams, Done and Long and arguably Brayford

Most missed

Murphy

Moments to remember

Missing most of the season

Moments to forget

The ones I haven't forgotten already

Southend 3-1

Many are out of contracted and can be told to do one

They aren't all put of contract

We got WABLO status

No idea. Depends if and what we spend.[/QUOTE]

hold'um Oldham

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Behave blade. We all know you ave the resources to get out of this league ya just need to get your shit together.

Come back when you have done 20 years

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury

I just want it to end now with us sat in 16th position. I am hoping that we won't get dragged into the relegation fight despite getting to 50 points on good friday

Considering the buzz after promotion, the talented tight knit squad, rumours of youngsters breaking through into the team, several high profile signings and a manager claiming to have learned from his mistakes, I would have been shocked if someone told me that with 6 games to go we would be where we are.

Slow start, very good late summer and autumn (we were 3rd), inconsistent then leading up until Christmas and nothing short of pathetic ever since save a couple of decent home wins.

Best signing

Leon Clarke or Peter Clarke. Pope would have been up there had our idiot of a manager not mis managed him.

Worst signing

Take your pick from a number of poor/average keepers then there has been Reece Brown and Pugh (though the latter was MOTM on Monday.)

Best player

Either of the Clarkes

Worst player

As a whole I would say Pugh has been a waste of space, stupidly our manager plays him most weeks in a number of positions whilst freezing others out.

Most missed

Nicky Adams who Flitcroft stupidly released would have offered some depth and balance in midfield. He would have played with a thousand times more passion than some of the dross that played there during the season.

Moments to remember

The 1-0 FA Cup win at Dale was a great performance and a brilliant atmosphere with nearly 50% of the crowd Bury fans, it seemed like we were really going places after that but it has not really materialised. I was not present for the Sheffield United away win but the 1-0 win at gigg lane coming straight after the 6-0 defeat at Coventry was a real battling performance.

Moments to forget

6-0 away at Coventry (3-0 down after 20 mins) starring blankly at the pitch wondering why I was there.
3-0 away at Wigan (3-0 down after 20 mins) as above, starring blankly at the pitch knowing another away game had been ruined by sheer ineptitude from the manager.
3-0 away at Rochdale (2-0 down after 20 mins) and it could have been 3 or 4 at half time and it would not have flattered the home side.
1-0 away at Port Vale, team looked gutless and Flitcroft's solution was to put a yts striker on the wing, 5 mins of injury time and we didn't even get near their box.
Starting one up front at home for a series of games despite having numerous striking options.
0-0 at home to Crewe, failing to beat the bottom team is one thing but starting 6 central midfielders (two on the wing, one at right back and one at centre half) whilst two wingers and a full back were on the bench takes stupidity to a new level. Bafflingly Flitcroft tried to claim it had been a great performance and we had just been unlucky. If we'd had the right players on the pitch in the right positions we would have won this game. We had started well then petered out as we had no width with central midfielders on the wing and on at right back trying the overlap. It nearly ended embarrassingly with Crewe almost scoring a late goal.
All the questions off the pitch not being answered and realising we are owned by people who have very little regard for the supporters.

Probably the Crewe game, started well, petered out badly to the point it nearly turned embarrassing, just about made it over the line with a bare minimum that we expected (god willing we do enough to see ourselves safely over the line.)

Nothing

Flitcroft has failed at this level, his transfer policy with a budget last summer was terrible, his budget will be reduced next season, a few big names will be gone in the summer and I don't trust Flitcroft to find adequate replacements. He has also proved that, despite claiming he likes to blood the kids that he is more than happy to ignore them or give them cameos out of position. Crowds will drop and our questions about our owners will continue to go unanswered.

We overspent hugely to finish in lower mid table.

Unless something drastically changes with our manager and owners we will struggle hugely next season.

Buxton Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Twitter
@Buxtonvale1

slightly disappointed. It could have been so much more with more astute signings. We have looked a striker short of a decent team all season

pleased as we were many peoples favourites for relegation

a good start, but so many chances to attack the top 6 not taken. The season has just fizzled out.
Best signing

Grant and AJ have done well.

Worst signing

Robinson probably
Best player

Alnwick or Grant

Worst player

Robinson or McGivern
Most missed

No-one really

Moments to remember

Peterboro away or Doncaster home
Moments to forget

Exeter in the cup stands out as a massive opportunity missed

maybe Barnsley at home. Lots of chances but lost the game due to lack of a regular scorer

we may have new owners

we may not have new owners

we missed a big chance to gain promotion in a poor league.

more of the same .................... probably

Jonny12

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12

Loving this season so far. The first half was simply an incredible ride and made supporting Walsall FC even more of a joy then usual.

I expected another midtable finish with the slight hope of sneaking a play off spot. I imagine quite a lot of Walsall fans expected the same. So I am absolutely delighted that we are in 3rd with 2 games in hand on 2nd.

First half was incredible. Next quarter incredibly frustrating. This last quarter is looking like it will be just as exciting as the first half was, Whitney has put the desire and belief back into the squad.

Best signing

Jason Demetriou. He has helped to mould us into a very well balanced squad in giving us attacking and defensive ability down both full back areas. The man is the best right back I have ever seen play for Walsall, easily.

Worst signing

Bryn Morris on loan. To be fair to him this is only because he played about 5 minutes in total for us, what a waste. Fuck knows why SOD signed him but it is not actually his fault, he could have been a perfectly fine player.

Best player

This is so hard. Any from Adam Chambers, James O'Connor, Tom Bradshaw and Jason Demetriou I would argue is a fine choice. For me it is Adam Chambers, he is captain fantastic and sprints around the pitch at 35 years old like he's 18. What a thorough professional.

Worst player

This is quite harsh on him as a player, but it has to be Jordan Cook. He always gives us 100% and has a decent affinity with the fans considering his performances because of his work rate, attitude and dedication. But when it comes to actual footballing ability, I'd say he has been the worst player, just doesn't cut the mustard.

Most missed

Richard O'Donnell. He was one of the best keepers in the league last season so he would be a miss for any team. His replacement Neil Etheridge has been rather steady, a decent replacement, however Richard O'Donnell was on a different level ability wise (at least in shot stopping) to what Etheridge is at currently.

Moments to remember

Walsall 2-0 Burton, Walsall 3-2 Gillingham, Walsall 2-1 Coventry, Walsall 2-1 Colchester as well as the many away victories.

Moments to forget

Walsall 0-3 Rochdale, Walsall 0-3 Millwall, Walsall 1-3 Barnsley. As well as the dire home performances in general.

Walsall 3-2 Gillingham. 2 nil down, bring it back to 2 all in 5 minutes. We then win the game very late on in the game with both wing backs in the box together setting up and scoring the winner.

We could possibly be in the championship with a team full of young, hungry and belief filled players that will fight for the club to stay in that league,

If we don't go up we will probably end up losing Romaine Sawyers, Jason Demetriou, Tom Bradshaw and Rico Henry and revert to having a lower mid table season.

Dean Smith actually began to make us tick after 4 years of tippy tappy sideways shite and then jumped ship immediately.

Depends what division we are in. If we're in the championship then I expected immediate relegation. If we are in league 1 then I expect to finish somewhere near 14th place.

Last edited:

Krazy8

Blowfishing This Up
Reaction score
Supports
Long term gains.
I just want it to end now
image.jpeg

bantamigo

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Can't disagree with that. Good call on Luke James, totally forgotten about him. Morris has been injured for quite a while. Always remember that first half in the opening game of the season, he was absolutely fantastic so I'm sure there's a good player in there somewhere.

edit - just a pointer, I actually quite like our squad on the whole now, which is why it was difficult to pick a 'worst' player so to speak.
Fair point Morris has had injuries but he doesn't seem to grab his opportunities when he does appear, which considering our midfield has been unsettled is not great. I don't think Parky knows his position as he's not an out and out winger (not as effective as McMahon and Reid anyway) and he's not going to displace Evans in midfield. So effectively he's fighting for one spot. I didn't include Anderson either due to his injury being unlucky but on the face of it he's been a pretty disastrous signing. Hopefully he can get up and running quickly when he comes back.

I reckon Darby gets told to stay back by Parky as on the very few occassions he gets forward he's got an eye for a pass. Set the goal up at Blackpool with a mazy dribble and a decent ball to Reid. No player is untouchable but I reckon to get someone better than him we'd have to spend money and I'd rather spend money on other positions.

blade1889

sir
Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
Behave blade. We all know you ave the resources to get out of this league ya just need to get your shit together.

Come back when you have done 20 years

That's what so frustrating about being nothing more than mid-table mediocrity with a load of players being paid well above their ability

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!