The Bolton (Promotion) Thread 2020/21

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Finally the BEST team in the league are top.

Despite us having a bit of an injury crisis our fringe players have stepped up and delivered, so I have no doubt now that the L2 title will be ours and hell even our reserve team could win this league since every other team is crap and we're the only good one, a level above by far.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Finally the BEST team in the league are top.

Despite us having a bit of an injury crisis our fringe players have stepped up and delivered, so I have no doubt now that the L2 title will be ours and hell even our reserve team could win this league since every other team is crap and we're the only good one, a level above by far.
Have you got a reserve team ?

August you had 6 players

In all seriousness well done getting to the summit, this league is awful the is not a decent team in it
Hope you end up going up

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Have you got a reserve team ?

August you had 6 players

In all seriousness well done getting to the summit, this league is awful the is not a decent team in it
Hope you end up going up

Cheers, just wish you lot lived up to your expectations and were up there with us because as good as we are it looks shit when the teams behind who are meant to be chasing us are the likes of Newport and Forest Green who are both non-league type clubs and that takes away the gloss up at the top.

So do yourselves a favor and sack that philosophy twat and get a manager in who knows what he's doing.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I cannot see any team that goes up this season staying up next season unless they somehow invest to the maximum 2.5m Salary cap and find one or two rough Diamonds.
Only Bolton, Salford and perhaps Tranmere could afford to take that gamble and frankly all three are not up to it or good enough this season.
Evatt got the boards backing for the future, certainly having no fans has helped him no doubt.
We need 4 minimum good first team signings this window.....
Posted tongue in cheek last week that i dont want to go up, its got to the point now i cannot see us going up despite the league being awful.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
So, virtually every league now is too high a standard for promoted sides to crack? That’s bollocks. Granted, we’re a bit of a basket case at the moment but the overall standard isn’t that great. Accrington are doing very well on probably less than the L2 salary cap.

Just need a well run club with a canny manager.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
So, virtually every league now is too high a standard for promoted sides to crack? That’s bollocks. Granted, we’re a bit of a basket case at the moment but the overall standard isn’t that great. Accrington are doing very well on probably less than the L2 salary cap.

Just need a well run club with a canny manager.
nope i never said that.....the is not a good team in lge 2 this season
Any team that goes up will struggle
Carlisle,Newport or FGR would come straight down because any other year they would not get promoted

The Bolton team that finished bottom of lge 1 last season would put 4/5 past this Bolton team week in week out

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley
There are very few teams that either get promoted or relegated that go the opposite way the following season, in recent years teams that have got relegated from a league have actually suffered relegation again the following season.

Any of the teams promoted this season will probably survive next in the higher league, but those relegated to the National League this season will not get back up again straight away - Look at Notts County, Chesterfield, Torquay, Yeovil, Barnet, Dagenham, Wrexham, Aldershot, Hartlepool, Stockport its just full of ex league clubs and with only one automatic place and then the playoffs one, it's difficult to return. Just ask Luton how long did it take them to get out of the Conference..

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
There are very few teams that either get promoted or relegated that go the opposite way the following season, in recent years teams that have got relegated from a league have actually suffered relegation again the following season.

Any of the teams promoted this season will probably survive next in the higher league, but those relegated to the National League this season will not get back up again straight away - Look at Notts County, Chesterfield, Torquay, Yeovil, Barnet, Dagenham, Wrexham, Aldershot, Hartlepool, Stockport its just full of ex league clubs and with only one automatic place and then the playoffs one, it's difficult to return. Just ask Luton how long did it take them to get out of the Conference..
in my opinion you are so wrong.....i may be wrong but i think this is the worst lge 2 ever.....period
I may be wrong, i will take other peoples views

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
''This is the worst lge 2 ever....period.'' :lol:

But I thought you were a Bolton fan masi, so my question is how many league 2 seasons have you endured in your lifetime then?

Then you wonder why people think you're only a wummer, and a not very good one at that.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
''This is the worst lge 2 ever....period.'' :lol:

But I thought you were a Bolton fan masi, so my question is how many league 2 seasons have you endured in your lifetime then?

Then you wonder why people think you're only a wummer, and a not very good one at that.
why??

i honestly believe the Bolton team that finished bottom last season is not as good....We played Crewe who was here last season.....not seen anyone close to being as good as Crewe

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
This is what my old friend Mr Wiki has to say -

''At the end of the 1986–87 season, Bolton Wanderers suffered relegation to the Fourth Division for the first time in their history but won promotion back to the Third Division at the first attempt''

''On 9 June 2020, the EFL League One decided to end the 2019–20 season early due to the COVID-19 pandemic, causing bottom club Bolton Wanderers to go down to the fourth tier of English football for the first time since 1988 and only the second time in their history''.

Therefore, and assuming you were old enough to go to the footy back in the late 80's, the 87/88 season was the only time you had watched any 4th Div footy prior to this season.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Probably a silly comment, however I agree the standard is pretty poor.

I've watched all our league games this season and there aren't many teams where I thought wow they are good. Newport stick out as one, most of the rest I thought if we had even a little bit of quality we would have got a result from that.

Which makes our position all the worse and shows how sub standard our squad is.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Correct, i am not talking about Bolton....
I am talking about the league in General where the are no stand out teams

If for instance Crawley go up can they afford another 1m extra on Salaries only to come back down again
You can add Newport, Orient,FGR and Carlisle to that list

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

If for instance Crawley go up can they afford another 1m extra on Salaries only to come back down again

Can you explain exactly how we wouldn't be good enough to stay up in the next division??

Don't base it on that one windy horrible match you played against us.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980

The standard might be poor but that doesn't mean whoever goes up won't compete. Besides they don't need to compete for promotion just be good enough to not be in the bottom 4 and build from there. Not many teams go up and immediately be a promotion contender

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
The standard might be poor but that doesn't mean whoever goes up won't compete. Besides they don't need to compete for promotion just be good enough to not be in the bottom 4 and build from there. Not many teams go up and immediately be a promotion contender
Exactly and I mean just look at Wycombe they went up again and into the Championship without spending much and Lincoln might do too.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
ok it is a fair enough point so i will give you my view which may be wrong or right.
I took my time before answering this question and looked at your first team squad because in all honesty i know very little about Carlisle apart from what i see on Quest.
Practically all of your team are out of contract this summer....Say you won 17 out of the 22 or so games you have yet to play this season and you won the league the stark reality your players would be plundered.
You would have to start next August with a new team and a big outlay of 2.5m

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Probably a silly comment, however I agree the standard is pretty poor.

I've watched all our league games this season and there aren't many teams where I thought wow they are good. Newport stick out as one, most of the rest I thought if we had even a little bit of quality we would have got a result from that.

Which makes our position all the worse and shows how sub standard our squad is.

That's fair enough. TBH, I'm not sure myself about the standard of the league this year. I honestly can't decide if it's stronger than last season, about the same level or poorer. But what I do know is that a Bolton fan is not in a position to discuss the standard of this year's league to that of past seasons only because this is the first time since 1987 that they find themselves down here.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You lot are not listening/reading what i am saying i am only saying this season, other seasons the may be teams who are better than lge 2 and take to lge 1.....I am saying this year only

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
That's fair enough. TBH, I'm not sure myself about the standard of the league this year. I honestly can't decide if it's stronger than last season, about the same level or poorer. But what I do know is that a Bolton fan is not in a position to discuss the standard of this year's league to that of past seasons only because this is the first time since 1987 that they find themselves down here.
I am in the perfect position....I have watched lge 1/2 football these last two years

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United

I don't think I agree with you that the promoted sides will probably survive in L1. Swindon are currently in the bottom two in L1, and the Cobblers are only three points better off than the side that's presently in 21st. That's Rochdale, and they do have 3 games in hand over Northampton.

You're right on the relegation from L2 to the NL thing though, and it will always be tough to get back up in a year's time with just the one automatic spot up for grabs.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
We have been appalling all season and yet have spent most of it in and around the play-offs. Not sure what that says, if anything.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
League Two has always been the most even league out of any in England. The gap from top to bottom is at its narrowest in any of the Top 5 leagues. Fans who often say it's a shit league usually support underachieving sides who were promotion favourites in the Summer.

That said, I do think there was a big gap in quality between ourselves, Swindon, Plymouth and the rest of the league last season. Had the season played out I couldn't have seen any of us blowing it. There's definitely no standout sides in the league this season, even at the halfway stage. But it makes for a very interesting spectacle as a neutral!

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley

Should Crawley get promoted and it’s a big if - then we would have to look at our current structure- most of our players we signed this season are on two year contracts with options - we are still below the wage budget this season and it looks like we are bringing in a couple more shortly - Our manager John Yems has done wonders with the team this season when we lost some of our more experienced players and some young talent Lubala to Blackpool and Camara to Plymouth - we were all concerned at the players coming in but we are now playing the best we have in years- riding our luck in some matches- but you don’t go on a 9 game unbeaten streak if you not doing something right - you don’t need to spend money for the sake of it - Max Watters we got for nothing and if the rumours are true he is on his way for over £1m despite only playing 15 games in the league and scoring 13; just 12 weeks into his contract thats some financial gain for us.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
ok it is a fair enough point so i will give you my view which may be wrong or right.
I took my time before answering this question and looked at your first team squad because in all honesty i know very little about Carlisle apart from what i see on Quest.
Practically all of your team are out of contract this summer....Say you won 17 out of the 22 or so games you have yet to play this season and you won the league the stark reality your players would be plundered.
You would have to start next August with a new team and a big outlay of 2.5m

HA!

What a load of crap, anyway should you not be posting in the relegation thread since Bolton are closer to the drop zone?

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
L2 seems a closer league than usual this season. There doesn't seem to be a big gulf between the top placed sides and the rest, while the early stragglers like Stevenage and Southend have pulled themselves back into things rather than being hopelessly adrift at the bottom.

Being unable to go to any live games to date has dampened my enthusiasm for the game so watched few general L2 highlights shows, while whenever I've paid the tenner to watch Rovers Ifollow away, it hasn't worked, so largely given up on that option. Hence only really capable of expressing an opinion on the basis of about 8 home games. Walsall the best side at Prenton Park so far, with honourable mentions for Cheltenham and Carlisle.

I think that Rovers current squad, used correctly, is actually better than the one we finished in L1 with last season and if we were to get back up and keep the same personnel, I'd be fairly confident we'd stay-up. It's the getting there which is the big challenge and on recent form, am not that hopeful.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
HA!

What a load of crap, anyway should you not be posting in the relegation thread since Bolton are closer to the drop

HA!

What a load of crap, anyway should you not be posting in the relegation thread since Bolton are closer to the drop zone?
I include Bolton as not good enough.....

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
L2 seems a closer league than usual this season. There doesn't seem to be a big gulf between the top placed sides and the rest, while the early stragglers like Stevenage and Southend have pulled themselves back into things rather than being hopelessly adrift at the bottom.

Being unable to go to any live games to date has dampened my enthusiasm for the game so watched few general L2 highlights shows, while whenever I've paid the tenner to watch Rovers Ifollow away, it hasn't worked, so largely given up on that option. Hence only really capable of expressing an opinion on the basis of about 8 home games. Walsall the best side at Prenton Park so far, with honourable mentions for Cheltenham and Carlisle.

I think that Rovers current squad, used correctly, is actually better than the one we finished in L1 with last season and if we were to get back up and keep the same personnel, I'd be fairly confident we'd stay-up. It's the getting there which is the big challenge and on recent form, am not that hopeful.
Dont get this wrong Boz, but i see Tranmere as a ageing team if you dont get up this season you may get in a rut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!