The Bolton (Promotion) Thread 2020/21

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Yourselves included. You've lost 6 games, the same amount of defeats as 15th place Mansfield - And they've played an extra game!
We've yet to lose two on the bounce and two of those six defeats were our poor start to the season that I mentioned. Also we have won more games than anyone else. You're free to say that I have no reason to be confident but that doesn't matter to me. I'm not gonna go all HG pessimistic because some Exeter fan doesn't think we're very good.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
We've yet to lose two on the bounce and two of those six defeats were our poor start to the season that I mentioned. Also we have won more games than anyone else. You're free to say that I have no reason to be confident but that doesn't matter to me.

By all means Carlisle could go on and win the league / get promoted, that's entirely possible (Although based on what I've seen and your squad I think that's pretty unlikely)

But to suggest the only way you'll not get top 7 is through a big injury crisis, when the league is this close screams of arrogance and delusion. In 2 weeks you could very easily be outside the top 7. You're not 10 points clear at the top of the league which is what you and Carver seem to think is the case. It's bordering on pure embarrassing. You've shown you're nothing special with 6 defeats already.

Just because you've hit good form at the moment, your season could also go back to how the season started for you. Nothing is guaranteed and the confidence you have because you've had a few days at the top of the table because other teams have had games postponed is bizarre.

Myblueheaven04

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Only january, a long way to go yet.
Carlisle are doing well but others are improving too.the league table will change a few times before may no doubt at all.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
By all means Carlisle could go on and win the league / get promoted, that's entirely possible (Although based on what I've seen and your squad I think that's pretty unlikely)

But to suggest the only way you'll not get top 7 is through a big injury crisis, when the league is this close screams of arrogance and delusion. In 2 weeks you could very easily be outside the top 7. You're not 10 points clear at the top of the league which is what you and Carver seem to think is the case. It's bordering on pure embarrassing. You've shown you're nothing special with 6 defeats already.

Just because you've hit good form at the moment, your season could also go back to how the season started for you. Nothing is guaranteed and the confidence you have because you've had a few days at the top of the table because other teams have had games postponed is bizarre.

Like you've never thought Exeter were a good shout for promotion *cough*
We won't be here next season, we're on our way into league 1 - Then again, you'll be in the national league so there'll be a pretty big gap between our forums.
Where did I say the only way we'll not get into the top 7 is through a big injury crisis? You seem to be confusing the confidence of fans whose team are top of the league with the arrogance of fans who have already called it, which sounds much more like something you would do.

Like I already said, we've got plenty of reasons to believe that we're more likely to stay in the automatic places than finish outside the playoffs, while you think it's still unlikely we'll get promoted at all. If that's arrogance and delusion to you then I don't really care but I'll happily put on the record that I disagree and whether we go up or not only a totally delusional fan would write off our chances of promotion.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We've yet to lose two on the bounce and two of those six defeats were our poor start to the season that I mentioned. Also we have won more games than anyone else. You're free to say that I have no reason to be confident but that doesn't matter to me. I'm not gonna go all HG pessimistic because some Exeter fan doesn't think we're very good.
I’m not pessimistic about cufc at this moment. This is the most optimistic I’ve been in years. We’re not even half way through the season and I can safely say we won’t lose our football league status this season.

I’m simply not going to join in Carver’s dick waving brigade because we’ve been top of the league for a week. We seen 2 seasons ago how quickly things can change this early on in a season, we went from 4th place to being one of the worst teams in the league for the remainder of the season. Yes that was down to us employing a football retard as our manager, but say we lost Beech that could still happen. Even in 16/17 when we were top after about this number of games, things happened, we got injuries, lost a key player and in the end we were quite fortunate to scrape into the top 7.

I would be disappointed if we don’t finish in the top 7 now, but I recognise that not doing so could still happen so while that’s a possibility I’m not joining Carver’s premature dick waving ceremony.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Carcelona fans getting well bullish again today.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Is Carver League 2's Chipmunx?

He was on here this time last year stating who he hoped would go down so we didn't have to play them.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Like you've never thought Exeter were a good shout for promotion *cough*

Where did I say the only way we'll not get into the top 7 is through a big injury crisis? You seem to be confusing the confidence of fans whose team are top of the league with the arrogance of fans who have already called it, which sounds much more like something you would do.

Like I already said, we've got plenty of reasons to believe that we're more likely to stay in the automatic places than finish outside the playoffs, while you think it's still unlikely we'll get promoted at all. If that's arrogance and delusion to you then I don't really care but I'll happily put on the record that I disagree and whether we go up or not only a totally delusional fan would write off our chances of promotion.
Tongue in cheek post is hardly comparable to how serious you and Carver are. Nobody is writing you off, quite the contrary. There is somewhere inbetween saying you're guaranteed a top 7 spot before the mid part of the season unless a massive injury crisis happens, when teams around you have games in hand, and writing you off.

For some reason, you and Carver think you're nailed on for top 7 and even an automatic finish. It's truly bizarre. Dizzy heights after a few days at the top thanks to other games being postponed. The only team in UK football that's already confirmed their position is the mighty Rangers.

You have a good chance of finishing in the top 7, however with one of the weakest squads in the top half, I don't think you will. That's not saying I'm writing you off. You've every chance at getting it. The arrogance of saying you're nailed on for top 7 when teams below you have games in hands is astonishing, you're only 2 matches away from being outside the top 7 and not even half the fixtures have been played. It's madness.

You are not 19 points clear of second place. You are TWO games away from being outside the top 7 with over 20 games left.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Tongue in cheek post is hardly comparable to how serious you and Carver are. Nobody is writing you off, quite the contrary. There is somewhere inbetween saying you're guaranteed a top 7 spot before the mid part of the season unless a massive injury crisis happens, when teams around you gave games in hand, and writing you off.

For some reason, you and Carver think you're nailed on for top 7 and even an automatic finish. It's truly bizarre. Dizzy heights after a few days at the top thanks to other games being postponed. The only team in UK football that's already confirmed their position is the mighty Rangers.

You have a good chance of finishing in the top 7, I don't think you will. That's not saying I'm writing you off. You've ever chance at getting it. The arrogance of saying you're nailed on for top 7 when teams below you have games in hands, you're only 2 matches away from being outside the top 7 and not even half the fixtures have been played. It's madness.
Again... Not saying we're nailed on for a top 7 spot. The only person in this conversation presenting their opinions with any degree of certainty is you. I know you're scared of having proper football conversations and want everyone to be as much of a WUM as you are but it aint gonna happen.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
This is the most optimistic I’ve been in years. We’re not even half way through the season and I can safely say we won’t lose our football league status this season.

Are you sure now HG? We don't have 50 points yet so we're not mathematically safe.

This is not like you at all, you've got to remain humble.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Again... Not saying we're nailed on for a top 7 spot. The only person in this conversation presenting their opinions with any degree of certainty is you. I know you're scared of having proper football conversations and want everyone to be as much of a WUM as you are but it aint gonna happen.
Carver literally said you're going to finish in the top 7 unless you have a massive injury crisis. Are you even reading this conversation? I know you jumped in halfway through, but you're literally siding with Carver and saying why he's correct. That's how this conversation started and you jumped in explaining why he's right. May want to realise what side of the fence as you're now backtracking.

All I've said is that you are by no means nailed on top 7. Just because people disagree with you, they ain't a WUM. It's such a straw-man expression anyway. Do better.

Last edited:

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carver literally said you're going to finish in the top 7 unless you have a massive injury crisis. Are you even reading this conversation? I know you jumped in halfway through, but you're literally siding with Carver and saying why he's correct. That's how this conversation started and you jumped in explaining why he's right. May want to realise what side of the fence as you're now backtracking.

All I've said is that you are by no means nailed on top 7. Just because people disagree with you, they ain't a WUM. It's such a straw-man expression anyway. Do better.
See that little bit of text on the left there... that's my name, I'm not Carver in case it had slipped your attention. I was responding to you, I didn't mention Carver and didn't say anything that you could have interpreted as being me saying why Carver is correct. You said you don't think we're going to finish top 7 (though you're now backtracking to claim you said we are by no means nailed on) and I gave reasons why I thought we would.

I don't know why you care so much about what Carver does anyway, he's only doing the same stuff that you do all the time, arguably to a higher standard if he's managed to get you in such a tizzy, and at least he takes a break from it now and then.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
See that little bit of text on the left there... that's my name, I'm not Carver in case it had slipped your attention. I was responding to you, I didn't mention Carver and didn't say anything that you could have interpreted as being me saying why Carver is correct. You said you don't think we're going to finish top 7 (though you're now backtracking to claim you said we are by no means nailed on) and I gave reasons why I thought we would.

I don't know why you care so much about what Carver does anyway, he's only doing the same stuff that you do all the time, arguably to a higher standard if he's managed to get you in such a tizzy, and at least he takes a break from it now and then.
What are you on about? I don't think you will finish top 7, and you're not nailed on - both are not contradictory. You jumped in mid conversation and what done is backed what has been said up during this conversation. Saying you will come top 7. Maybe go back through and re-read it all. You're a little confused buddy. I don't care "so much" about what Carver says or thinks. It's a football forum and I was replying to him, because I disagree. Believe it or not, I shan't be losing sleep over the prospect of two Carlisle fans thinking they've already got the title wrapped up because they've been top of the league for a few days because other games have been postponed with a league this tight.

When Mansfield pip you for the last play off place come the last game of the season, I will chuckle to myself though.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
You have a good chance of finishing in the top 7, however with one of the weakest squads in the top half, I don't think you will.
So how exactly do we have one of the weakest squads in the top half?

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
So how exactly do we have one of the weakest squads in the top half?
Because when I look at your starting eleven when I put the bets on, I probably wouldn't take a single player from your squad and take out a player from example, Forest Green's squad. I just don't think you have a very good team compared to those around you. Like it or lump, it's football, it's opinions. I don't think you'll finish in the top 7, you think you're absofuckinglutely nailed on for it. End of, innit?

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
What are you on about? I don't think you will finish top 7, and you're not nailed on - both are not contradictory. You jumped in mid conversation and what done is backed what has been said up during this conversation. Saying you will come top 7. Maybe go back through and re-read it all. You're a little confused buddy. I don't care "so much" about what Carver says or thinks. It's a football forum and I was replying to him, because I disagree. Believe it or not, I shan't be losing sleep over the prospect of two Carlisle fans thinking they've already got the title wrapped up because they've been top of the league for a few days because other games have been postponed with a league this tight.

When Mansfield pip you for the last play off place come the last game of the season, I will chuckle to myself though.
You've got it completely the wrong way round here. I'm saying that we've a good chance of automatic promotion, nothing more than that. You're the one insisting that we've no chance, rubbishing even the possibility that we could finish top 7.

If we finish well down in mid table, with not even a good chance going into the end of the season, of getting into the playoffs then you were right. If we're still in the playoff mix in the final month then I'm right

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Carlisle must be a really good team, they are only one of two sides that have beaten the Stags while Clough has been in charge.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Because when I look at your starting eleven when I put the bets on, I probably wouldn't take a single player from your squad and take out a player from example, Forest Green's squad. I just don't think you have a very good team compared to those around you. Like it or lump, it's football, it's opinions. I don't think you'll finish in the top 7, you think you're absofuckinglutely nailed on for it. End of, innit?

What even when we have a Championship level defender in Rhys Bennett playing for us?

Well I wouldn't take a single player from your squad of bottlers. I know we poached Dickinson off you in the summer, but he hasn't even been able to get into our team because it's just so competitive.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I rate Rhys Bennett and as I’ve said on current form he’s the top CB in the division, but how on earth can you say he’s a championship standard defender? If he was he would not be playing in League 2 at the age of 29, whether he’s close to Chris Beech or not.

As for poaching Dickensen, exeter released him. And as for him getting no where near our team all season, neither would Lionel Messi if he’d ripped his hamstring in half during preseason as Dickensen did. Carver you need to think about what you say before spouting nonsense.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Also worth mentioning that Carlisle have been quite fortunate not to have lost players for weeks due to COVID. If we get to the stage where we’re missing 2 or 3 players for a few weeks, with our thin squad we could quite easily nosedive down the table. That’s one of many reasons why it’s far too early for premature Carver style load blowing.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Ha, don't you have to have played in the Championship to be deemed Championship standard?

How is Jack Armer doing so far? seems to have got a few starts under his belt.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Ha, don't you have to have played in the Championship to be deemed Championship standard?

How is Jack Armer doing so far? seems to have got a few starts under his belt.

He’s doing alright. He got his chance due to injuries. He’s played right back and left back in recent weeks. Seems to be getting better by the week.

Reactions: SF_

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I rate Rhys Bennett and as I’ve said on current form he’s the top CB in the division, but how on earth can you say he’s a championship standard defender? If he was he would not be playing in League 2 at the age of 29, whether he’s close to Chris Beech or not.

As for poaching Dickensen, exeter released him. And as for him getting no where near our team all season, neither would Lionel Messi if he’d ripped his hamstring in half during preseason as Dickensen did. Carver you need to think about what you say before spouting nonsense.
I honestly think Carver is just trolling at this point as he certainly knows that injury is what kept Dickenson out. Devon Lad keeps gobbling it up so Carver will continue to deliver it :)

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

He turned down a move to Wycombe who are in the Championship to join us and probably because we're a bigger and better team.

Oh and you're one to talk mate, if we were bottom at this point and just a couple points from safety I have no doubt you'd be saying our relegation is sealed and we should start thinking about conference football.

You're a born pessimist!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Bennett is one of those flip flop L2/1 players, he’s a great option at this level and would probably be good enough for Carlisle in L1.

Tafazolli is at Wycombe, and I can assure you he’s a much better player than Bennett, who at best would be his replacement on the bench.

Last edited:

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
He’s doing alright. He got his chance due to injuries. He’s played right back and left back in recent weeks. Seems to be getting better by the week.
We've got a weird knack of producing left sided defenders.

Ben Davies will get a big move in this window or the next, Josh Earl is in our first team now and there's Anderton/ Armer at your place. Supposedly got another good one coming through at the minute called Coulton too.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
I had Carlisle down as my dark horses in the summer, but I quite fancy Forest Green to win the league.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
He turned down a move to Wycombe who are in the Championship to join us and probably because we're a bigger and better team.

Oh and you're one to talk mate, if we were bottom at this point and just a couple points from safety I have no doubt you'd be saying our relegation is sealed and we should start thinking about conference football.

You're a born pessimist!
No he didn’t.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Teams will go through a blip during the season and it’s how you react to that which will decide where you end up.

No doubt we’ve been through our first one which see us drop out the play offs but we seemed to be back in the mix after winning 4 of our last 6 games.

Carlisle looked a tidy team despite us beating them 3-0 on the opening day but I didn’t expect them to be top. I’ve refrained from posting in here because this is a COVID season and an outbreak in your squad could see your season go up in smoke as quickly as you got a hard on for being top. We’re half way through the season with lots of football to be played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!