The League One Relegation Thread 15/16

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
I think its about time one is made as its blatantly obvious, were stuck here until our inevitable relegation. Who else fears the drop, Swindon fans? Fleetwood fans? Doncaster fans? Blackpool fans?

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Who would have thought that signing many players that struggled at Crewe wasn't a good idea?

Beyond me.

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Blackpool won't go down. With the low standard of this league, I can genuinely see them going for the play offs.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Who would have thought that signing many players that struggled at Crewe wasn't a good idea?

Beyond me.

Far from the reason, Grant has been superb and Uche is our top scorer the problem is the deadwood he chose to keep means we have little depth.

I think we will be fine purely because we play 23 games at home. At home we look a top 6 side, away relegation fodder. Add the two together and you get mid table. Will help once all our injuries and suspensions clear up.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
From what I've seen Fleetwood and Crewe stand out as being considerably shitter than others, although Fleetwood have picked up some decent results. Blackpool really weren't that bad against us and they've started to get some momentum. I think Oldham and Shrewsbury could well join the party before too long.

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If Page stays as manager we will be in the bottom three soon enough. Its only our home form that is keeping us out of it but that will go to pot seen enough starting with the Shrews next week.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Far to early for this Thread. Xmas and it could all be different. You always get a dropper from near the top. Could be us if we don't solve me goal scoring issues we have

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Blackpool in fairness have started to turn the results around very well. Maybe a confidence thing after the past two seasons and the couple of results has kick started the turn around.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
Blackpool looked decent on the opening day at our place.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Had money on Shrewsbury, Oldham, Blackpool and us going down. Think Blackpool will stay up and Oldham will attempt to draw their way to safety. Any injuries to Shrewsbury and they'll pretty much go down. Doncaster will probably go down at this rate too.

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
Had money on Shrewsbury, Oldham, Blackpool and us going down. Think Blackpool will stay up and Oldham will attempt to draw their way to safety. Any injuries to Shrewsbury and they'll pretty much go down. Doncaster will probably go down at this rate too.
Would be slightly ridiculous if we did considering we should be in the play-offs with a guy who scored 20+goals last season in this league and a midfield which has spent most of it's time in the Championship.

Shame Williams is dire and the defence is quite frankly a disgrace to the football league. Andy Butler is just absolutely woeful and yet he still gets picked because the other options are Rob Jones and Gary fucking MacKenzie!!!!

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
Oh.... after yesterday's result/performance as someone else has said we may well be this years Leyton Orient.

Never have I seen such a half arsed attempt at Football. Too many after one last pay packet and other seem so painfully out of their depth.

I feel sorry for Ferguson as the Dickov cancer could well take us down.

c***!

Last edited:

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I genuinely cannot believe how there are still some Crewe fans who genuinely think our current predicament is entirely the board's fault. It's laughable.

The Chronicle's fan opinion piece was laughable this week. Saying how we should be grateful we have a club to support. That's right, you just keep happy clapping us all the way to the Conference under the unsackable Steve Davis. Another mentioned he's had no money to spend, well when he had money he wasted it on crap, then after his spending sprees, he's sold no players for a decent amount of money since Murph and he's had no cup income whilst we've failed on the pitch and faced relegation past two seasons and this one, he went over-budget last season when his permanent signings once again failed so how can he expect money when he hasn't used it wisely in the first place? The fact a sizable minority of fans would rather us fail with Davis rather than change and see what happens sums up the pathetic mentality of some of our fans. In their eyes, as long as the town has a football club they'll clap and never protest even if we go down with a record low points total because we're a "special" club with a "stable and secure board and although it'd be nice if the board could tell us things now and again I have every ounce of trust in them.". That's what I saw one fan say, I wonder what would happen if his bank manager decided to withhold details of where the money was going in his accounts? Would he trust them then? No, so why does he trust this board and management to get our current predicament right?

When we're in the Conference, these happy clappers will be the first to say "I wish we'd sacked Davis earlier to give ourselves half a chance of surviving in the league." and it'll happen. And those fans would fully deserve to watch us playing pub teams in the Conference. Shame those who want a bit of pride and excitement in the club are the ones who are going to suffer in the near future.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
The article in the Chronicle was absolutely sickening. Not just missing the point but wanting mediocrity over anything else. "cos we are Crewe".

This...

"We are Crewe fans. We have bought into the ‘Crewe way’ when we could have been attracted to the bright lights."

Is exactly what is wrong with the club. This idea we are special, on a pedestal. No no no. It was something when we were virtually mid-table in the Championship. When we're free falling through the league with huge irreparable cracks forming in the foundations of the club, "the Crewe way" is sod all of a reason for blind loyalty.

When we're in the Conference, these happy clappers will be the first to say "I wish we'd sacked Davis earlier to give ourselves half a chance of surviving in the league." and it'll happen. And those fans would fully deserve to watch us playing pub teams in the Conference. Shame those who want a bit of pride and excitement in the club are the ones who are going to suffer in the near future.

So true, other than I don't think they would say "wish we'd have sacked Davis". It'd be credit to the club sticking by Davis for longer than other clubs would have done, that's the Crewe way. We'll get to see more youngsters given the chance in non-league, the Crewe way. It's a shame the Crewe way doesn't work in the Football League but fans will just have to accept we can't compete.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Was such a shame given I thought the one the week before was excellent given it called for Davis to be sacked and demanded change. At first I thought it was Peter Morse under a pseudonym before I then realised the bloke who wrote it actually existed. I've noticed a trend that most of these Davis In fans either don't really go to away games or they're exiles far away from Gresty Road, they may have a season ticket and do a few of the local aways, but they don't travel up and down the country like the locals who go. I know a lot of fans who go away each week, I used to do so myself before I realised I got no value for my money watching us play negative shite each week, and I would say 99% of those fans want Steve Davis axed because the football has somehow managed to get worse than last season.

But nope, board's fault for not giving the club money, board's fault for not backing Steve Davis, nothing is ever Sir Steve Davis' fault, he took us to Wembley in 2012 and 2013 you know so he'll turn it around soon. It's the Crewe way, we don't want to be one of those clubs who have a merry-go-round of managers so we'd rather fail with someone already in the club. Be careful what you wish for, we could be Northampton or Wrexham or *insert club in turmoil here*.

Funny how the narrow-minded sods fail to realise and discredit that clubs smaller than us like Burton Albion are huge strides ahead of us on and off the field because they do pretty much everything a "model football club which we are (apparently) blessed with" should be doing instead of crying out for money to fund loan signings so Sir Steve can loan his way to safety again.

The Crewe Way is the greatest and most laughable myth ever created. It's funny how everyone bleats about the Crewe Way when our rivals have survived two administrations in a decade and are higher than us in the league, with a higher budget, no huge player sales for years and only marginally higher gates. The Crewe Way is now having one shot on target per game and hoof and hope for a 0-0. Surely a sensible football fan would want to protest and demand answers from the board as to how this dramatic regression is even possible? But no, it's the Crewe Way, you buy into it because we're a special sustainable football club that's regressing into non-league obscurity and if we don't like it then we can fuck off to Vale Park in the eyes of our "real fans".

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Our administrations were hardly down to buying success though... the first one was largely down to a new stand that ended up massively over budget due to unknown mine shafts under the foundations (that half stand cost more than Notts County's whole stadium redevelopment I believe) and the second was due to the owners and well the legal proceedings are in progress at the moment regarding them so... I'd love to have got a Portsmouth spell of glory out of the pain we went through in 2013!

The issue with "the Crewe Way" is as admirable as the set up is its always based on reliance of kids coming through and based on the 'future' hence why unless you have a good spell where a few kids that are to go on to big things are coming through (such as 2002 with Hulse, Ashton etc) its mainly not funding first team success.

Most clubs Vale included are based on the success here and now model hence why the funds (now we have a decent chairman!) go onto the first team and in return have a far bigger budget.

In terms of "the Crewe Way" on the pitch with the super football some of your fans went a bit OTT with it, the caller on P&G after we beat you at Vale Park (rarity that!) claiming a morale victory because you committed less fouls for instance!

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Our administrations were hardly down to buying success though... the first one was largely down to a new stand that ended up massively over budget due to unknown mine shafts under the foundations (that half stand cost more than Notts County's whole stadium redevelopment I believe) and the second was due to the owners and well the legal proceedings are in progress at the moment regarding them so... I'd love to have got a Portsmouth spell of glory out of the pain we went through in 2013!

The issue with "the Crewe Way" is as admirable as the set up is its always based on reliance of kids coming through and based on the 'future' hence why unless you have a good spell where a few kids that are to go on to big things are coming through (such as 2002 with Hulse, Ashton etc) its mainly not funding first team success.

Most clubs Vale included are based on the success here and now model hence why the funds (now we have a decent chairman!) go onto the first team and in return have a far bigger budget.

In terms of "the Crewe Way" on the pitch with the super football some of your fans went a bit OTT with it, the caller on P&G after we beat you at Vale Park (rarity that!) claiming a morale victory because you committed less fouls for instance!

Never said the admins were because of going over-budget but I'm just using you as a point because there are too many happy clapping holier-than-thou rose-tinted Crewe fans that drive me up the wall with their moral superiority and how we're apparently a special and unique club compared to other clubs. It makes me fucking sick, we're no different to any other league club apart from we suffer a severe lack of ambition. The Crewe Way doesn't even exist. Dario Gradi's philosophy once existed but now that no longer exists under the pathetic Steve Davis and his desire to draw every game 0-0 and claim clean sheets against Burton are great progress for our football club. It embarrasses me and it's why I'm very apathetic about the club. The fact idiots buy into literally everything Davis says pisses me up the wall, someone genuinely said draws with the top teams like Walsall and Burton were an indicator of slow but great progess for the club. How the fuck is it progress? We've gone from pasting the likes of West Brom, Derby and Stoke in their own backyards to celebrating 0-0 draws with Burton fucking Albion, any fan who has that attitude deserves to see us fail in my opinion, because they obviously weren't fans when Dario was manager, it feels a completely different club today than it was back then, the youngsters are no longer creative nor confident and they look afraid of putting the ball back in the net. Hence why Davis needs to be sacked urgently.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Never said the admins were because of going over-budget but I'm just using you as a point because there are too many happy clapping holier-than-thou rose-tinted Crewe fans that drive me up the wall with their moral superiority and how we're apparently a special and unique club compared to other clubs. It makes me fucking sick, we're no different to any other league club apart from we suffer a severe lack of ambition. The Crewe Way doesn't even exist. Dario Gradi's philosophy once existed but now that no longer exists under the pathetic Steve Davis and his desire to draw every game 0-0 and claim clean sheets against Burton are great progress for our football club. It embarrasses me and it's why I'm very apathetic about the club. The fact idiots buy into literally everything Davis says pisses me up the wall, someone genuinely said draws with the top teams like Walsall and Burton were an indicator of slow but great progess for the club. How the fuck is it progress? We've gone from pasting the likes of West Brom, Derby and Stoke in their own backyards to celebrating 0-0 draws with Burton fucking Albion, any fan who has that attitude deserves to see us fail in my opinion, because they obviously weren't fans when Dario was manager, it feels a completely different club today than it was back then, the youngsters are no longer creative nor confident and they look afraid of putting the ball back in the net. Hence why Davis needs to be sacked urgently.

It's the same for a lot of clubs though, watching us get done over by Macclesfield and Accrington after seeing us hammer WBA, Stoke etc in the Championship Rudgie days and imagine it's the same for most clubs, Wigan fans were watching their side with the FA Cup and now 30 months later getting done over by us and Gills etc all peaks and troughs in football!

Saddlerrad

Reaction score
Supports
Walsall
Would be slightly ridiculous if we did considering we should be in the play-offs with a guy who scored 20+goals last season in this league and a midfield which has spent most of it's time in the Championship.

Shame Williams is dire and the defence is quite frankly a disgrace to the football league. Andy Butler is just absolutely woeful and yet he still gets picked because the other options are Rob Jones and Gary fucking MacKenzie!!!!

Butlers head must have gone, because he was absolutely superb at Walsall for 4 years. Occasionally caught out for pace but brilliant in every other area of his game, a goal threat and proper up for it. Widely commended by oppo fans as one of the best centre backs in the league in his time at the Bescot. He single handedly kept us up in his first season and played major contributions in the following couple.

Hero. Horrible to see hear of him struggling in a poor side.

Camborne Gills

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham, Kent, Miami Dolphins, Castleford
I backed Blackpool to go down, so I am sure I have done my dough on that one.

At the moment I can see Alex, Swine and Son of Baconface going down with one out of WABLO, Tykes or Fail

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Today's Crewe Mad delusional rambling of the day in response to someone saying the club is a laughing stock for not sacking Davis.

"A laughing stock? Or a club to be admired because we don't conform?" SomersetCrewe

Fans like this are the reason I currently despise this football club. How can such deluded people exist at our club yet they don't seem to at other clubs?

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Today's Crewe Mad delusional rambling of the day in response to someone saying the club is a laughing stock for not sacking Davis.

"A laughing stock? Or a club to be admired because we don't conform?" SomersetCrewe

Fans like this are the reason I currently despise this football club. How can such deluded people exist at our club yet they don't seem to at other clubs?
Because you don't conform?

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
The football world is looking on admiring us non-conformists whilst we accept relegation before Halloween. It's brilliant.

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
Butlers head must have gone, because he was absolutely superb at Walsall for 4 years. Occasionally caught out for pace but brilliant in every other area of his game, a goal threat and proper up for it. Widely commended by oppo fans as one of the best centre backs in the league in his time at the Bescot. He single handedly kept us up in his first season and played major contributions in the following couple.

Hero. Horrible to see hear of him struggling in a poor side.
He's one of the worse out of a bad lot. Was ok last season so god knows what's happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!