Oldham
Are we invited?

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Official Crewe twitter posts:

"PRESS SD: "I'd love to remain as Crewe Manager but that decision isn't up to me. Is it always the manager's fault?" #crewealex"

Then delete it.

I didn't think they could mis-judge fan feeling any more than they have done this season. Even tops their tweets about how "unlucky" we were when we were getting convincingly beat.

As for what SD actually said... lol.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Here is a long winded rant/reply from myself on our managers interview today. Will put it in spoilers because it goes on quite a bit.

Just listened to Davis' interview on the Alex player. Here it is, typed out word for word:

McGarry(to Davis): You're in the hotseat. The trigger has been pulled a lot of times on managers around the country, you know, quite regularly this particular season. What's your ambition, what's your message to the fans, obviously certain ones are frustrated, there was a lot of frustration on Saturday, what's your big message? Your the man for the job?"

Davis: Of course, I've never doubted or felt that I wasn't. And listen, if there is a better man out there, I'm sure the board will recognise that, if someone can come in and do a better job, within the restraints of the football club, the challenging world that we face, at Crewe, you know then fine. That's not my decision, that's theirs and I understand that. I don't focus on that, I don't think about that. I obviously know what's going on around us, it's become popular to sack managers because people get fed of them, get fed up seeing them on the touchline, get fed up of listening to them interviewed, get fed up of the same things that you say because you get asked the same questions, from you lot(laughs), only kidding.

It's just very common and I think young fans now don't understand that side of it, don't understand the continuity that's important in football clubs, and what new managers can bring. Sometimes they work, most times they don't, or they work for a short period of time and then they change things again. You've only got to look at teams like Leeds and teams like that haven't been able to find the answers, because the answer isn't just with the manager, the answer is what's going on with the rest of the football club behind the scenes through the owners, through the way the clubs run and all those sorts of things, finances...

And those are the sorts of things, obviously, at every club, there's a group of supporters don't understand, naturally, they aren't in the know. The shareholders will know, at every football club, how they're run, know the finances, where the money gets spent, so they're the people to ask, because they're the supporters with insight into the running of the club and actually how it's run. There's only so much I can say to them, I can't reveal everything that goes on, but, like I say, it's a job I thoroughly enjoy, everyday is different, it's challenging, it's a hard job, but one that I love doing. One thing I could say, I'm 100% with the club, want to improve and do better for the club in the future.

McGarry: Supporters listening to that Steve, couldn't have asked for anything more honest that what you've just said, in a difficult time..

Right, point 1: McGarry proving how biased and useless he is there. Asks a long rambling question that is incredibly leading and only gives Steve one way to go. I mean, is Steve going to counter the question by saying "no, I don't think I'm the right man for the job."? Of course not.

Point 2: This is the problem with Davis in it's entirety. He, like many of the board, like plenty of the fans, believe the clubs issues are budget related. I have a small budget, so what chance do we have? It's this inferiority complex which is crippling the players, demotivating and driving hardcore Alex fans away and is the main reason why we are where we are. When he first came in as manager, he didn't feel because the club was in dire straights financially(which we were) that promotion from league 2 wasn't possible. Did he know how good the team he inherited would go on to be. No way. He inherited an unfit group of talented but disorganised players who were heading off course. But he got them fit, got them organised, but most of all, he got them motivated. He was incredibly ambitious and it rubbed off on the players. He believed we were better than where we were and that fed into the players and it fed into the fans.

But now, he believes 20th is as good as we can manage. Is it any surprise then to see us struggling? Of course not. His energy and enthusiasm is gone and it shows on the pitch with our listless, clueless performances.

Point 3: Young fans don't understand it? Let's get something straight here Steve, it's not just young fans who want you out. It's a heck of a lot of older fans, several of whom have been supporting the club since before you were even here as a player. They know the situation, they know(maybe not fully, but enough) the restrictions. But they still want you out. So what is it that they don't get?

But this in itself is a horribly deluded point of view. You should be busting a gut to get people of all ages onside. Telling them that they don't get it is incredibly stupid and will only drive them away more.

Point 4: What is the so called secret information that can't be revealed exactly? That Hassall has taken big sums of money out of the club over the last few years? That the academy costs a massive amount to run? That the first team budget is very small? Would I be incorrect in assuming that the board give you a budget Steve at the start of July. Then it's up to you how you spend it? Because if thats the case, I hold you and your coaching staff to blame for the current issues. You can palm it off on the budget and off field goings on all you like, doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Point 5: McGarry again shows his total lack of effectiveness at the end with his drawling over Davis and his response. If this was a club media guy, I could understand the bias. But he works for the BBC, therefore he should not be showing bias. It's incredibly unprofessional.

The whole segment just made me sit there, shaking my head in disappointment. I don't expect better from either of them, but it did just sum up our problems quite succinctly in less than 3 minutes. And what's worse, they can't see it.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
I had to stop reading after the first question. That's more than enough for me.

"certain ones are frustrated"

It's the constant alienation from club (and I include McGarry as a club employee) to fans. Speaking down to us. Separating those who disagree away from "real fans". And then they wonder why it boils over in the stands.

Wootball

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
I'm a shareholder, Steve - and I'd like you to get the fuck out of the club.

SRNP

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Jesus, its disgusting isn't it JJ.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
I'm not even ashamed I'm going to watch Nantwich on Saturday and probably won't even check for our score until later that evening, that's how disillusioned I've become with my club.

SRNP

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
I'm not even ashamed I'm going to watch Nantwich on Saturday and probably won't even check for our score until later that evening, that's how disillusioned I've become with my club.
Don't be, Nantwich are a fantastic club with ambitions this season. They've not got anywhere near the money of Darlington, Blyth, Salford, Hyde etc but theyre doing well with a good squad for that level. Its refreshing to see.

Football Purist

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Keep the faith,comrade.
We'll rise again.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Here is a long winded rant/reply from myself on our managers interview today. Will put it in spoilers because it goes on quite a bit.

Just listened to Davis' interview on the Alex player. Here it is, typed out word for word:

McGarry(to Davis): You're in the hotseat. The trigger has been pulled a lot of times on managers around the country, you know, quite regularly this particular season. What's your ambition, what's your message to the fans, obviously certain ones are frustrated, there was a lot of frustration on Saturday, what's your big message? Your the man for the job?"

Davis: Of course, I've never doubted or felt that I wasn't. And listen, if there is a better man out there, I'm sure the board will recognise that, if someone can come in and do a better job, within the restraints of the football club, the challenging world that we face, at Crewe, you know then fine. That's not my decision, that's theirs and I understand that. I don't focus on that, I don't think about that. I obviously know what's going on around us, it's become popular to sack managers because people get fed of them, get fed up seeing them on the touchline, get fed up of listening to them interviewed, get fed up of the same things that you say because you get asked the same questions, from you lot(laughs), only kidding.

It's just very common and I think young fans now don't understand that side of it, don't understand the continuity that's important in football clubs, and what new managers can bring. Sometimes they work, most times they don't, or they work for a short period of time and then they change things again. You've only got to look at teams like Leeds and teams like that haven't been able to find the answers, because the answer isn't just with the manager, the answer is what's going on with the rest of the football club behind the scenes through the owners, through the way the clubs run and all those sorts of things, finances...

And those are the sorts of things, obviously, at every club, there's a group of supporters don't understand, naturally, they aren't in the know. The shareholders will know, at every football club, how they're run, know the finances, where the money gets spent, so they're the people to ask, because they're the supporters with insight into the running of the club and actually how it's run. There's only so much I can say to them, I can't reveal everything that goes on, but, like I say, it's a job I thoroughly enjoy, everyday is different, it's challenging, it's a hard job, but one that I love doing. One thing I could say, I'm 100% with the club, want to improve and do better for the club in the future.

McGarry: Supporters listening to that Steve, couldn't have asked for anything more honest that what you've just said, in a difficult time..

Right, point 1: McGarry proving how biased and useless he is there. Asks a long rambling question that is incredibly leading and only gives Steve one way to go. I mean, is Steve going to counter the question by saying "no, I don't think I'm the right man for the job."? Of course not.

Point 2: This is the problem with Davis in it's entirety. He, like many of the board, like plenty of the fans, believe the clubs issues are budget related. I have a small budget, so what chance do we have? It's this inferiority complex which is crippling the players, demotivating and driving hardcore Alex fans away and is the main reason why we are where we are. When he first came in as manager, he didn't feel because the club was in dire straights financially(which we were) that promotion from league 2 wasn't possible. Did he know how good the team he inherited would go on to be. No way. He inherited an unfit group of talented but disorganised players who were heading off course. But he got them fit, got them organised, but most of all, he got them motivated. He was incredibly ambitious and it rubbed off on the players. He believed we were better than where we were and that fed into the players and it fed into the fans.

But now, he believes 20th is as good as we can manage. Is it any surprise then to see us struggling? Of course not. His energy and enthusiasm is gone and it shows on the pitch with our listless, clueless performances.

Point 3: Young fans don't understand it? Let's get something straight here Steve, it's not just young fans who want you out. It's a heck of a lot of older fans, several of whom have been supporting the club since before you were even here as a player. They know the situation, they know(maybe not fully, but enough) the restrictions. But they still want you out. So what is it that they don't get?

But this in itself is a horribly deluded point of view. You should be busting a gut to get people of all ages onside. Telling them that they don't get it is incredibly stupid and will only drive them away more.

Point 4: What is the so called secret information that can't be revealed exactly? That Hassall has taken big sums of money out of the club over the last few years? That the academy costs a massive amount to run? That the first team budget is very small? Would I be incorrect in assuming that the board give you a budget Steve at the start of July. Then it's up to you how you spend it? Because if thats the case, I hold you and your coaching staff to blame for the current issues. You can palm it off on the budget and off field goings on all you like, doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Point 5: McGarry again shows his total lack of effectiveness at the end with his drawling over Davis and his response. If this was a club media guy, I could understand the bias. But he works for the BBC, therefore he should not be showing bias. It's incredibly unprofessional.

The whole segment just made me sit there, shaking my head in disappointment. I don't expect better from either of them, but it did just sum up our problems quite succinctly in less than 3 minutes. And what's worse, they can't see it.

What a fucking disgrace. Can't believe what I've just seen. I hate those patronising wankers well in the club hierarchy. I thought things couldn't get worse than the FA Cup humiliation and the shit Chronicle fan piece from arguably one of our most delusional supporters. But this is a fucking disgrace. After this season, if there's no overhaul at this club I'm off to watch non league football. I won't pay good money to be taken for a ride by these arrogant fuckwits. McGarry, Morse, Collins, Turton, King, Hassall, and anyone called Davis at our club just fucking leave. This club treats us with so much contempt and many figures at the club are only interested in riding the gravy train rather than contributing to something ambitious. I urge people not to put a penny into our club if the same personnel remain next year. The club has been lost to a bunch of insatiable greed merchants with huge egos that need to be bumped back down to earth. Cannot see our situation improving at all and today has just taken the fucking piss. Fuck off Davis you arrogant bastard. Taking a privilege for granted and now you've lost the fans for good.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Morse retweeting Davis supporters. Two out of three of them not Crewe fans (or at least one lists a "second team"). They are our "real fans". Fuck off.

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra

Jesus Christ, 'fans' like you are just as a bad as those that can't see there is a problem. The Alex are in a slump, so off you toddle to a team that are winning, I bet if Nantwich were not winning you would go no where near the c***. Please don't come crawling back when Nantwich fall to pieces or we pull out of our nosedive.

Hooped Wizard

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers
I think we could well thrash Rochdale next week and then Saunders latest victims.

Dale4ever

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
I think we could well thrash Rochdale next week and then Saunders latest victims.
Doubt you'll thrash us. Our defence isn't that bad now. But we are so toothless, I expect 'Rochdale nil' in the next two games both away to yourselves and then the Gills next Tuesday.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Sorry Dale, you're not on the guest list. 15th with 21 points would mean an open top bus parade round Crewe and Davis on a life time contract (oh fuck, he's already got one of those). We can't accept your sort. Until you can prove true consistency in your ineptness, there is no entry.

Also interesting to see Barnsley trying to upstage us. Such a shame that they no doubt have a sensible club who will sack their manager before christmas. Who don't somehow skew relegation to look like some kind of success, with a bunch of brain dead fans sitting and shrugging their shoulders repeating "who could do a better job?" over and over for two years straight.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/spo...ewe-alexs-homegrown-policy-prevented-10458824

The sad fact is the deluded Davis In brigade are going to believe this shite word for word. The "honest answer" back in the Summer was that Coulibaly was no better than what we had. I fucking hate this weasel in charge of this football club, he's a master of spin, deception and taking no responsibility for his countless mistakes whatsoever.

Also why would a cash-strapped lower league club give their manager a rolling contract if they won't give their players huge contracts? The end result of this is that Steve Davis genuinely has no incentive to do well because these tight-fisted bastards on our board don't want to pay him off. Woeful mismanagement on and off the field will be the death of this football club.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
To be fair, at the time nobody questioned the deal. I don't blame the board, they were probably desperate not to lose him for nothing, just the same as an academy prospect. He was in demand and the compensation on an 18 month contract would have been a tidy amount. But what seemed like a good deal then looks like a boat anchor now. Still, hard to blame the board, I don't think any of us saw things turning out like this.

I do agree with the first point though, he is a snake and more slippery than a bar of soap when it comes to assigning blame. Got to play the academy youngsters? Oh right, so is that why Saunders has had to wait until November for a start? Is that why(not that I'm that fussed) Cooper struggles to get games? Is that why Billy Waters got shut out from November onwards last season in favour of loans?

Fuck off Steve, you apply this policy as it suits you.

Football Purist

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
The party's still very much on hold as far as I'm concerned.
I'm thinking of organizing a rival 'mid-table party' that Alex fans might like to consider taking part in.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Ourselves, Colchester and Oldham all looking very comfortable in here.

SRNP

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
:D

hold'um Oldham

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Ourselves, Colchester and Oldham all looking very comfortable in here.

Us 3 plus barnsley for me. If we have to go it would be small conciliation the judas coming with us.

Massive massive game this weekend.

Camborne Gills

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham, Kent, Miami Dolphins, Castleford
Was he separated from LVG at birth?

Shrew_fan

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Can see us being heavily involved here unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
The Chronicle are idiots, the same names writing the same articles, this bloke is part of a trio of delusional sods on the Chronicle Page who literally think Steve Davis is a hero for what he did in 2012 and that's why he should have an unquestioned lifetime contract. They will then shoot down critics and tell them to stop being negative. The Chronicle's problem is that they're too scared to get someone who really questions why Davis is still at the club to write for them. Moderates write for them that want him out but aren't so vocal about it yet strong vocal supporters of Davis (mad how they exist) get the platform that strong vocal critics of Davis only get in the Sentinel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!