The play-off thread

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Absolutely devastated yesterday losing that . the game should never have gone to extra time . Was at the game behind the goal and Hartlepool just shaded the first half. Disallowing Camerons goal was unbelievable. We were all over them as the second half came through and how Waters missed that sitter and its 2-1 ad game over. Absolute scenes when the keeper scored. Penalties is always maddnes for most. Howeverf Wright and Waters both missed the target, unforgiveable. Well done to the Poolies.

Wasn’t Waters’ is to equalise? Don’t think your keeper would’ve been coming up and heading in the winner had that gone in haha.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
No chance he comes to us now you're up. There's no proof we even want him! Whole thing is based on bookies going onto Red Passion and seeing a name that is being talked about. Rest easy Brother.

Definitely think we'll be appointing a nerdy xG obsessed coach like Notts and Stockport have done.

This is my take too. Id be absolutely shocked if its Challinor.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Still not getting it, are you-Ok, listen up everybody, let me explain it to you, in the simplest terms i can:

MORE promotion places means MORE relegation places, resulting in even MORE Football League clubs down here! This isn't fucking rocket science. :ffs:

It also means more going back up, since 2010/11 season, only 3 sides that you would class as tinpotters have finished second, FGR, Harrogate and Solihull. Two of them went up anyway, though in FGR's case it was a season later.

Wrexham, Kidderminster and Torquay would already be back up, Tranmere would have gone up a season earlier, and if we assume the side that finished 3rd went up the year 2nd won the play-offs then Notts County, Sutton, Grimsby, Gateshead, and Luton would be promoted (gone up earlier).

Coming the other way, Barnet (twice), D&R, Wycombe, Hartlepool, Newport (twice), Morecambe (twice), Macclesfield, and Scunny.

Look like favourable trades to me!

Jerry

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Spent the day listening to people say "sorry about the result but at least it was a good game" and then seeming puzzled that I didn't see this as much consolation.

Lots of our fans bemoaning the two disallowed goals but I'm sure the Notts posters will point out that we had the benefit of awful reffing in our semi so I guess what goes around comes around.

In fairness we were lucky to be only one down at half time as we didn't deal with Oates at all well and only a wonder save from Covolan right on half time stopped it being two. Seen some comments about him being a bit cocky during the shoot out, didn't see it myself but if he was can you blame him? If you can't be a bit full of yourself after scoring and saving two penalties then when can you be?

Was a cracking atmosphere (the Poolies version of that Liverpool song was really loud and impressive) I think maybe aided by the lack of daytrippers. Pretty much everyone there was a die hard fan so the atmosphere wasn't diluted as it often is at Wembley. Particularly enjoyed the 10 year old girl in front of me telling the steward to fuck off when he tried to get her to sit down :gr: . I did find it bizarre that the attendance was limited but the stand behind the goal was totally empty :dk: .

Expected Waters was going to miss his pen as he'd been slipping over constantly ever since he came on. Then extra time was delayed as they tried to change his studs which took an absolute age. The ref was rightly getting impatient so maybe they didn't manage it and he played on with the original studs? Surely a pro of his experience should be able to work out the correct studs for the pitch conditions?

Been to loads of games with celebratory pitch invasions and that's the first time the fans have felt the need to come over and goad the losing fans. You must be a right **** for your first thought on such an occasion not to be celebrating your victory but to be abusing opposition fans. And of course the Poolies morons behaviour then provoked our own dickheads to start chucking bottles at them. All totally unneccesary.

As usual though only a tiny minority and all the Poolies I spoke to were sound :thumbs:.

Congrats to them on returning to the promised land, if we had to lose I'm glad it was to a decent club and not some bankrolled hobby club abomination.

I'm over it now (not really) and looking forward to next season, although I fully expect us to revert to type and be totally shite.

Last edited:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
In fairness we were lucky to be only one down at half time as we didn't deal with Oates at all well and only a wonder save from Covolan right on half time stopped it being two. Seen some comments about him being a bit cocky during the shoot out, didn't see it myself but if he was can you blame him? If you can't be a bit full of yourself after scoring and saving two penalties then when can you be?
He was stood about halfway between his goal and the penalty spot goading every single Hartlepool player as they put the ball on the spot. You can call that mind games if you want, but most neutrals would call it being an absolutely massive tool. He was also smiling all the way through the shootout, which is kind of fair enough after you've saved the first few but in sudden death? Get your shit together! He seemed more bothered about pointing and shouting at the opposition all the way through it than concentrating on the task at hand, which again is okay in small doses but he was being way OTT.

Jerry

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
He was stood about halfway between his goal and the penalty spot goading every single Hartlepool player as they put the ball on the spot. You can call that mind games if you want, but most neutrals would call it being an absolutely massive tool. He was also smiling all the way through the shootout, which is kind of fair enough after you've saved the first few but in sudden death? Get your shit together! He seemed more bothered about pointing and shouting at the opposition all the way through it than concentrating on the task at hand, which again is okay in small doses but he was being way OTT.
Probably just over hyped after the earlier events. He's generally one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet and yes he's always smiling. Comes with being Brazilian I expect.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I've had a few shandies in lieu of drinking double tetley bags yesterday than fuck for predictive text and its almost time to migrate to the L2 forum. To be honest I can't bring myself to post on there, have a feeling this isn't real and the section looks dull very dull. And I still can't believe still shaking watching the pens on repeat after repeat. The scenes, would love to have been there buy Saudi Arabia is blue and white.

I want to say that this forum has been top notch craic for the last 4 year, and has made the time down here not easier but lighter. Whether you are Tinpot or proper, quality fans all of ya and I wish you all the best for next season.

I hope we'll never see yous again and onwards and upwards but it's been a laugh and I'll be checking in here whether you like it or not.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
I've had a few shandies in lieu of drinking double tetley bags yesterday than fuck for predictive text and its almost time to migrate to the L2 forum. To be honest I can't bring myself to post on there, have a feeling this isn't real and the section looks dull very dull. And I still can't believe still shaking watching the pens on repeat after repeat. The scenes, would love to have been there buy Saudi Arabia is blue and white.

I want to say that this forum has been top notch craic for the last 4 year, and has made the time down here not easier but lighter. Whether you are Tinpot or proper, quality fans all of ya and I wish you all the best for next season.

I hope we'll never see yous again and onwards and upwards but it's been a laugh and I'll be checking in here whether you like it or not.
Told you, this place affects you the same way as those prisoners you see on TV who can't handle the outside world.

Release day and he's there re-offending immediately in order to get chucked back in clink.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

The League 2 forum is not great to be honest, although it should be slightly better now by no longer having those 2 Bolton wankers on there anymore.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Agree.
I didn't really notice at the game, but watched it this afternoon & he behaved like a complete tit.
Fair play to him for getting the equaliser,but because of that,he thought the penalty shoot out was going to be easy.
How wrong he was.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It would be with your budget and all going wrong for him. If I was him I'd be looking to consolidate us and then move on. Or if he really fancies, getting the club back to the top end of L1. Okay dreaming now.

Mustn't have caught that. I have heard rumours that he doesn't like Raj Singh and was furious with the budget at the start of the season. If you notice he never praises the owner in interviews
I've never once heard that he doesn't like Singh & has mentioned plenty of times in the press/radio he's been pleased with backing he's recieved.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I've never once heard that he doesn't like Singh & has mentioned plenty of times in the press/radio he's been pleased with backing he's recieved.

My source is someone who was around the club, could just be an axe to grind but it's only recently with the loans in he's been satisfied. I know that he wanted better forwards in the summer and was frustrated he could only get Parkhouse and Bloomfield.

Interesting reading what the players have been saying to the fans last two nights on the piss. Sterry, Cass and Armstrong all want to stay apparently

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Told you, this place affects you the same way as those prisoners you see on TV who can't handle the outside world.

Release day and he's there re-offending immediately in order to get chucked back in clink.

I've just been given a cheque for 50 quid and a hostel to stay to prove I can live on the outside. Been warned that any more fuck ups and we're back in the nick with Grimsby.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I noticed on some video I watched on twitter that Singh was getting a decent ovation in the celebrations (not that you're gonna boo anyone after that). Obviously the Pools fans on here are a sample of the fan base but does he have his fair share of backers?

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
My source is someone who was around the club, could just be an axe to grind but it's only recently with the loans in he's been satisfied. I know that he wanted better forwards in the summer and was frustrated he could only get Parkhouse and Bloomfield.

Interesting reading what the players have been saying to the fans last two nights on the piss. Sterry, Cass and Armstrong all want to stay apparently
I can imagine DC wasn't happy with the budget cut & it was obvious after the first few months it needed increasing.
Hopefully now we've got an extra million quid or so,Singh will back him more.
Apparently DC said to fans he's going nowhere.
Let's hope that's true.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I noticed on some video I watched on twitter that Singh was getting a decent ovation in the celebrations (not that you're gonna boo anyone after that). Obviously the Pools fans on here are a sample of the fan base but does he have his fair share of backers?
People were a bit sceptical with his history with Darlo but it was Hobsons choice,as nobody else was prepared to save us.
Apparently we're stable financially now,he's brought in a great manager & got us back in the league within three seasons.
So in my book, he's done well.
What the future holds,who knows.
I can imagine he'll get plenty of cooperation from the council regarding care homes though.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

I mean, Sunday you could of had Adolf himself lifting the trophy and he’d of got a class response.

Raj was the only man in town willing to stump up before we went belly up, I’m grateful for that and I’d say the majority back him, he doesn’t have many people who are vocally against him, not selling to the Americans his stock was at an all time low but I think people have started to come back around.

Do I trust him, no, but after the last three owners (one pair are still in prison for defrauding us, the other filed bankruptcy and went MIA) I don’t think I’d trust anyone in charge of Pools again.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Raj Singh? Well that's a good question. I don't like him at all, bearing in mind the treatment he has dished out to former employees, what he did at Darlow, refusing to sell to Reynolds and Co and how he went about that. The fact he's so thin skinned and hates being questioned. The fact he donates to the Tories. There are many reasons not to like or trust him. That all the money he's put in is loans and secured against the fixtures and fittings....

But he did step in. He did appoint Challinor, he has got us financially stable by ruthlessly cutting budget and staff but if he walks away we are completely fucked. And I reckon he'd be on exit strategy if we didn't win the final.

He'll feel he's righted all the wrongs from Darlow but no I don't trust him. He has a lot of work to do for me to turn that around.

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay United
Congratulations to Hartlepool. I've had time to reflect and wouldn't want to sour what a great achievement it is for them with bitterness about refereeing decisions or whatnot. Truth is, us Torquay fans probably feel similarly to Notts County fans last week, sometimes you get the decisions, sometimes you don't. Part of football. And credit to Hartlepool, they tormented us in the first half of normal time. Oates and Armstrong are probably the best forward line in the division this season. If they'd had them both from the start of the season, Hartlepool may have been champs. I fancy them to kick on from this and get back to where they belong as a permanent fixture in the Football League.

That all said, it's hard not to feel gutted we didn't get anything from this season. If we'd kept our injuries minimal, I think we'd have been comfortable champions. We had the lightning in a bottle perfect blend of talented prospects and experienced National League winners, unlikely to have that next season even if we have the budget. Hard to see us keeping the likes of Kyle Cameron and Ben Whitfield, equally hard to see the likes of Danny Wright and Dean Moxey giving us another full season. I guess we'll wait and see in the next few days who is staying. I do believe Gary Johnson will get us competitive next season no matter what.

Is that Scottish Cup thing still going?

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
No Tunnocks teacake cup anymore im afraid. I think we were showing them up as it because clear than the Conference was stronger than the Scottish League below the SPL

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
No Tunnocks teacake cup anymore im afraid. I think we were showing them up as it because clear than the Conference was stronger than the Scottish League below the SPL

They haven't invited any English, Welsh or Irish teams in case Sturgeon puts more travel bans in

Jerry

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Just had an email from the club saying several fans who went to Bristol have come down with the Covid! As if it's not bad enough losing on penalties you have to catch the bloody plague as well. I blame all those unwashed Northerners who invaded the pitch at the end ;)

nuffsaid

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Just had an email from the club saying several fans who went to Bristol have come down with the Covid! As if it's not bad enough losing on penalties you have to catch the bloody plague as well. I blame all those unwashed Northerners who invaded the pitch at the end ;)
At least you haven't caught HDV (Hartlepool delusional virus) that's the one where you have regular bouts of losing touch with reality. The main symptom is having an overwhelming urge to visit your nearest zoo and hang any creature you don't like the look of on the off chance that they may be French spies. Note: in recent times a secondary symptom has also been observed, this invloves voting for the Tories in the mistaken belief that they really care about Northern England even though they've been dumping on us for generations.

nuffsaid

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
At least you haven't caught HDV (Hartlepool delusional virus) that's the one where you have regular bouts of losing touch with reality. The main symptom is having an overwhelming urge to visit your nearest zoo and hang any creature you don't like the look of on the off chance that they may be French spies. Note: in recent times a secondary symptom has also been observed, this invloves voting for the Tories in the mistaken belief that they really care about Northern England even though they've been dumping on us for generations.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Talking about cringe :eye:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!