The Promotion Thread

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
I'll agree we're bang average and I really don't think we'll get in the play-offs.
Since we've been in this league Ipswich are the most condscending cnuts ever to play us. Why do you think you're so massive. As I said before Wednesday are by far the biggest. Your team is based in the back waters and will never be seen as a big club. Ipswich hasn't got the ring of say Wednesday or Sunderland and I've never seem them big up their selves like you lot do.

I agree with what the Plymouth fan says about you

I really don’t understand the sudden turn on Town fans.

Town fans are excited and make it visible because there has been almost 2 decades of boredom and no ambition or care for the club. Yes, we may have spent more money for a league 1 team over the last two years (particularly this January), more than the large we received (people are forgetting the large amounts received for Downes and Dozzell) but this is the first two years, we have invested in a squad in a long time. We get condescending comments made against us for this spending when it’s forgotten the fairly recent history of Portsmouth’s, Derby’s and Wednesday’s historic spending.

This isn’t a lie, a lot of clubs have been saying “Ipswich are the best team we’ve played this season, they’ll get promoted”. Most of us had resigned to the fact that we would unlikely make top 2 recently as Wednesday and Plymouth have been so consistent. Our fantastic form at the minute has put our chances back in our hands.

We’ve fully appreciated Plymouths team this year are in strong competition for promotion but the bulk of this site has been saying “they’ll fall away”. I personally haven’t been forgetting Barnsley are a good team this year and will likely catch the top 3.

We deserve to be down here, there is no doubt about it. Our relegation season was horrendous.

And with all due respect, I’ve seen a lot of Wednesday fans that do big themselves up as near to Villa/Newcastle size clubs. To be honest what makes a big club? Everyone has their own opinion and it gets quite boring after a while.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
If you can find a single post on here that suggests any Ipswich fan thinks we are a bigger club than Sunderland, I’ll leave instantaneously. We’re not a ‘big club’ in terms of actual big clubs.

We’re an above League 1, top half championship size club. That’s just how it is. You may disagree but when you look at our history, fanbase, etc, it’s championship sized. So sometimes we may come across ‘arrogant’ but I can assure it’s somewhat out of embarrassment that we’ve underachieved so much as to be at the level. All the years of mismanagement and poor performances and we play in the league we deserve to be in. That’s a fact. We weren’t robbed by a points deduction that put us here and we didn’t reform a la Rangers and end up here. We simply underperformed and are exactly where we should be based on the performances on the pitch.

By the same token, Bournemouth fans will happily concede they’re not a premier league sized club. But do they deserve to be there? Absolutely. Years of good performances put them there. Just like our performances saw us drop to the third tier and how the last 4 seasons have all been our lowest finishes in the past 75 years.

It’s football. You win some, you lose some and your position at the end of the year tells the story. None of us can change that, as much as we all wish we can. No matter how confident/arrogant/hopeful we are.

If you can find a single post on here that suggests any Ipswich fan thinks we are a bigger club than Sunderland, I’ll leave instantaneously. We’re not a ‘big club’ in terms of actual big clubs.

We’re an above League 1, top half championship size club. That’s just how it is. You may disagree but when you look at our history, fanbase, etc, it’s championship sized. So sometimes we may come across ‘arrogant’ but I can assure it’s somewhat out of embarrassment that we’ve underachieved so much as to be at the level. All the years of mismanagement and poor performances and we play in the league we deserve to be in. That’s a fact. We weren’t robbed by a points deduction that put us here and we didn’t reform a la Rangers and end up here. We simply underperformed and are exactly where we should be based on the performances on the pitch.

By the same token, Bournemouth fans will happily concede they’re not a premier league sized club. But do they deserve to be there? Absolutely. Years of good performances put them there. Just like our performances saw us drop to the third tier and how the last 4 seasons have all been our lowest finishes in the past 75 years.

It’s football. You win some, you lose some and your position at the end of the year tells the story. None of us can change that, as much as we all wish we can. No matter how confident/arrogant/hopeful we are.
You are slightly above league 1, but Sheff Wed, Derby and Bolton are all clubs that are currently in lge1 who i would say have a better History than you
When you go into the Championship you can enter another 10 to that list and thats being generous to you.

I think you may peak come May then settle for Championship obscurity for another decade or two.

Enjoy now until May it wont get better after that.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Na he’s right, you Ipswich fans are the most self entitled set of supporters that I have ever had the displeasure of sharing a league with. Every club has a minority of deluded idiots who constantly spout shite but you guys must be in competition with each other as to who can be the most pretentious prat online.

Best team in League 1 history, we deserve to be promoted. If it wasn’t for luck and shit ref’s we would have won the league already.

Im going full Kevin Keegan here and would Love It, Love it if Ipswich never got promoted this season.

Back to us, jury’s out now as to how we bounce back after being destroyed by Bolton on Sunday. These set of lads have been battered by Peterborough, Charlton, Grimsby and Barnsley and have always bounced back. Lets hope we have the ability to bounce back one final time

6 points this weekend and I really cannot see us not getting promoted
'
Pretty clear we're going to win the league for me. :whistle:

In all seriousness, top two is now in our hands and providing we make up one of the spots, I'll take it!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You are slightly above league 1, but Sheff Wed, Derby and Bolton are all clubs that are currently in lge1 who i would say have a better History than you
When you go into the Championship you can enter another 10 to that list and thats being generous to you.

I think you may peak come May then settle for Championship obscurity for another decade or two.

Joking apart.........please enlighten me which of the above you find to be amusing?

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

While I respect your opinion, you could make a strong argument our history is better than all three of those clubs.

League champions, Fa Cup winners and champions of Europe. 31 home games in European competition and zero defeats. Against the likes of Madrid, Barca and Inter Milan.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
ok
While I respect your opinion, you could make a strong argument our history is better than all three of those clubs.

League champions, Fa Cup winners and champions of Europe. 31 home games in European competition and zero defeats. Against the likes of Madrid, Barca and Inter Milan.
ok you spun that, but facts are facts.......years spent in the top flight 13th Bolton 2800 games 35th Ipswich 1084 games.
Bolton 4 times Fa Cup Winners Ipswich 3 Major titles.....All be it Div 1 title in there.
Bolton home record att 69k Ipswich 38k
First winners at Wembley......Founder Members of the football league, First goalscorer in league football.
Better stadium....And if you picked a best 11 from both teams through History none would be from Ipswich

PS your best player ever was a Bolton lad......enjoy your day

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
ok

ok you spun that, but facts are facts.......years spent in the top flight 13th Bolton 2800 games 35th Ipswich 1084 games.
Bolton 4 times Fa Cup Winners Ipswich 3 Major titles.....All be it Div 1 title in there.
First winners at Wembley......Founder Members of the football league, First goalscorer in league football.
Better stadium....And if you picked a best 11 from both teams through History none would be from Ipswich

Ipswich sold out our place, Derby have on a Tuesday night, Bolton??

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Deservedly behind at HT, we’ve been poor on the attack and with our 2 best attacking players injured, I can’t see us getting back into this, but I can see ITFC scoring again.

We did have some half chances early on, but we can’t afford to throw men forward to try and level the score, so I see the second half as being pure damage limitation, which can’t be any fun to watch.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Ipswich sold out our place, Derby have on a Tuesday night, Bolton??
Come on mate be serious, expensive day down in London and then a long trip to yours, think 961 fans was pretty good to be fair

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Come on mate be serious, expensive day down in London and then a long trip to yours, think 961 fans was pretty good to be fair
Yeah whatever

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Bad day at the office for us but Ipswich played well too - no complaints about the result, take the hit and move on.

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
Here come the Ipswich we’ve won x in a row and not conceded in x+1 posts!!

In all seriousness they’re clearly on fire and look favourite to secure an expected promotion all things considered.

Good day for us (in the end), it seems we’re the team that just won’t go away. Every time we lose we bounce back with a win and suddenly everything looks rosy again.

Still plenty of games left but Barnsley look too far adrift now imo?

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
ok

There’s so much here to argue with you about but it seems ultimately pointless form someone so biased as to claim Bolton had the best squad in the league earlier this season.

Also, if you picked a best 11 from both teams and don’t think half of our European champions wouldn’t be there then you’re off your tits.

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

In all seriousness they’re clearly on fire and look favourite to secure an expected promotion all things considered.

Good day for us (in the end), it seems we’re the team that just won’t go away. Every time we lose we bounce back with a win and suddenly everything looks rosy again.

Still plenty of games left but Barnsley look too far adrift now imo?
Huge result for your lot I’d say. To come back from behind is huge at this stage in the season.

We just keep on winning. Not sure Wycombe had a genuine chance today and we could’ve scored 8. Great to watch.

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Deservedly behind at HT, we’ve been poor on the attack and with our 2 best attacking players injured, I can’t see us getting back into this, but I can see ITFC scoring again.

We did have some half chances early on, but we can’t afford to throw men forward to try and level the score, so I see the second half as being pure damage limitation, which can’t be any fun to watch.
I actually thought today was the most footballing I’ve ever seen wycombe (if that makes sense). I don’t know if it’s because it’s not ainsworth (I still wish we had him rather than Hurst 4 years ago fwiw) but the actual style from your lot was better today on the eye. Didn’t create a lot though but neither has pretty much anyone in the last 9 games against us. Our defence are rock solid and haven’t conceded in over 800 minutes now. Most in Europe apparently.

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
Huge result for your lot I’d say. To come back from behind is huge at this stage in the season.

We just keep on winning. Not sure Wycombe had a genuine chance today and we could’ve scored 8. Great to watch.
Yep, does feel like it, especially after being thumped at Wembley and conceding again after 3 minutes today away, we could have capitulated quite easily. Good character from the lads.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
There’s so much here to argue with you about but it seems ultimately pointless form someone so biased as to claim Bolton had the best squad in the league earlier this season.

Also, if you picked a best 11 from both teams and don’t think half of our European champions wouldn’t be there then you’re off your tits.
Firstly you won the Uefa cup ....You have never ever been European champions
I think i am a fair man and if you can put a case forward i will certainly listen....By the way i think Derby and Sheff Wed are slightly ahead of us both
And yes you had some cracking players in that team yet of the top of my head i cannot think of one who would get in a combined team

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

yes i did...I also said Ipswich and Sheff Wed had a better 11.....I now think Ipswich have the best squad since January and it is now showing.......Also think Sheff Wed squad is not deep hence why they are now struggling

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
PS my take on the amusing ‘big club’ debate as an onlooker =

Wednesday
Pompey/Ipswich/Derby

Then Bolton by some distance.
Dont think you can say Ipswich....Poor record in the top flight down the years plus never had the crowds
You can certainly add Pompey

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Yawn, boring debate, no winners, only serves to do one thing.....to keep being discussed every so often

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Back to promotion race, getting very interesting now, promotion and play offs look like going down to last games, which will be interesting

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Back to promotion race, getting very interesting now, promotion and play offs look like going down to last games, which will be interesting
Top 9 predictions then folks.

I’ll go:
1) Ipswich
2) Plymouth
………………
3) Wednesday
4) Barnsley
5) Bolton
6) Peterborough
……………….
7) Derby
8) Wycombe
9) Portsmouth

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
That's more than likely Portsmouth and Wycombe out of the PO picture today IMO.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Todays result for Plymouth is the type of one that a team who wins promotion get so I’ve fancied them most the season and sticking to that. Wednesday do look like falling off at the wrong time and you’d fear for them in the playoffs if they do miss automatic (and possibly their manager for his job).

Last edited:

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town

It's absolutely fair for us to be celebrating that achievement though. 8 straights wins, 9 clean sheets, and 24 goals. We've had so many years of hurt and indifference (at best).

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Top 9 predictions then folks.

I’ll go:
1) Ipswich
2) Plymouth
………………
3) Wednesday
4) Barnsley
5) Bolton
6) Peterborough
……………….
7) Derby
8) Wycombe
9) Portsmouth
Difficult to disagree with that, other than I reckon Barnsley will leapfrog Wednesday into third.

Wednesdays slump is starting to look terminal. 0.29xg against Oxford is pretty alarming. 4 points from 6 games now with 4 of those matches extremely winnable. Whereas Barnsley are still playing very well and were incredibly unlucky at Burton.

Not that it matters but I reckon we'll finish 8th. We're in better form than Wycombe.

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
Looks like Bali Mumba has probably played his last game for us, stretchered off in the final minutes with what looked like a nasty one.

Been a fantastic player for us this season. Questionable at the back but incredible going forward.

Another injury to add to the list, how we are still where we are is amazing. The spine of our team has been gone since January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!