The proper relegation thread.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We have no quality in any area at the moment. This is the worst Carlisle United team I’ve seen.

I didn’t think port vale were particularly good, they didn’t need to be. Thet did what they had to do as they knew they didn’t need to overexert themselves. They pretty much turned up and got handed the points by the most inept team in the league.

I agree with Randolph that Scunthorpe are better than us.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Our defensive frailty now does underline how key a player Rod McDonald has been for us... probably the most underrated player I've seen play in a Carlisle shirt given how most United fans have been calling him a weak link for the past two seasons and probably thought we'd actually get better defensively when we heard he'd be out injured for a while. He's arguably been our best player this season, him Howard or maybe Gibson.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Our defensive frailty now does underline how key a player Rod McDonald has been for us... probably the most underrated player I've seen play in a Carlisle shirt given how most United fans have been calling him a weak link for the past two seasons and probably thought we'd actually get better defensively when we heard he'd be out injured for a while. He's arguably been our best player this season, him Howard or maybe Gibson.
He was rightly third choice behind Bennett and Hayden last season, but this season he’s lost a bit of weight and looks much improved and sharper. Although there was a spell where he looked like he couldn’t give a fuck, culminating with that terrible performance at Northampton. But other than that I agree he’s been Important

However Millen has to take some responsibility for this. He broke up the Feeney McDonald partnership to put his Southampton boy in. Since then it’s been a disaster and it sounds silly but I honestly don’t think McDonald would have picked up that injury had he been alongside Feeney as we wouldn’t have been under the barrage of pressure at Salford early on. Simeu coming in left is looking like a disorganised mess where no one knew who was supposed to be picking up who.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I do think Carlisle are in trouble tbh, most of the former players of ours they got were part of arguably our worst ever team. We had a spell of 5 or 6 games where we did well and they looked competent before going into their shells when the going got tough again. I know them players well enough to know they can show bits of ability but they lack character and will end up in non league, even Patrick who got another go at league 1 somehow.

I said after Carlisle beat us, it’s okay acting like you’ve won the World Cup against us and running across the pitch to goad us, it’s even alright if you’re a crap player like Jordan Gibson goading our fans on Twitter after, but back it up for the club that now pays your wages week in week out and what’s happening doesn’t surprise me one bit.

The only reason I bring it up is because we have Carlisle last game of the season and myself and every other City fan have nothing against their fans, but after the way their former players celebrated 3 points against us then took to social media our fans are desperate to send you down. Gibson may want to put cotton buds in his ears and delete Twitter if we do.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I do think Carlisle are in trouble tbh, most of the former players of ours they got were part of arguably our worst ever team. We had a spell of 5 or 6 games where we did well and they looked competent before going into their shells when the going got tough again. I know them players well enough to know they can show bits of ability but they lack character and will end up in non league, even Patrick who got another go at league 1 somehow.

I said after Carlisle beat us, it’s okay acting like you’ve won the World Cup against us and running across the pitch to goad us, it’s even alright if you’re a crap player like Jordan Gibson goading our fans on Twitter after, but back it up for the club that now pays your wages week in week out and what’s happening doesn’t surprise me one bit.

The only reason I bring it up is because we have Carlisle last game of the season and myself and every other City fan have nothing against their fans, but after the way their former players celebrated 3 points against us then took to social media our fans are desperate to send you down. Gibson may want to put cotton buds in his ears and delete Twitter if we do.
I think we’ll already be down by then. But if offered the chance to go to Bradford on the last day knowing a win will keep us up, I’d take that right now.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Can't work out how we are 5 points behind Carlisle and haven't beaten them this season when they're the worst team in the league

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
There are no bad teams, only bad leaders.

And our leaders at the club are non existent.

There's just complete disintegration now..

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
There are no bad teams, only bad leaders.

And our leaders at the club are non existent.

There's just complete disintegration now..
Has that not always be true, but even if 24 teams are good with brilliant leaders there would be some by season end at bottom of table.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Has that not always be true, but even if 24 teams are good with brilliant leaders there would be some by season end at bottom of table.

They would just be outclassed, but at least they would have tried.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
They would just be outclassed, but at least they would have tried.
Carlisle’s average home attendance: - 4,623
Carlisle has a regular decent sized home crowd, exactly midway in table at 12th.
Carlisle has bigger home crowd than any of their fellow relegation rivals [Walsall excepted] so their active supporters, such as yourself, should be encouraging fellow supporters to be the teams 12th man.
You guys could make the difference by season end.

When FGR won there in October I wrote that Carlisle was a better team that the result indicated.
I said they would start to amass points as the season progresses.
Okay I was only partly right but remember Carlisle already have points on table although Oldham have game in game. Oldham therefore has a bigger mountain to overcome than Carlisle. Regular wins by teams fighting relegation is not the norm.

It’s a funny experience being a FGR supporter who watched his team for a decade fighting to secure promotion and pleased when it happened but now I’m unhappy watching historical teams go down to Non-League and not resurface. Notts Co is a prime example.
Let’s hope that whoever goes down this season bounces straight back up as did Carlisle in 2005. That relegation allowed club to regroup and re-energise for a golden era in club’s fortunes: -
1644571635191.png

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Carlisle’s average home attendance: - 4,623
Carlisle has a regular decent sized home crowd, exactly midway in table at 12th.
Carlisle has bigger home crowd than any of their fellow relegation rivals [Walsall excepted] so their active supporters, such as yourself, should be encouraging fellow supporters to be the teams 12th man.
You guys could make the difference by season end.

When FGR won there in October I wrote that Carlisle was a better team that the result indicated.
I said they would start to amass points as the season progresses.
Okay I was only partly right but remember Carlisle already have points on table although Oldham have game in game. Oldham therefore has a bigger mountain to overcome than Carlisle. Regular wins by teams fighting relegation is not the norm.

It’s a funny experience being a FGR supporter who watched his team for a decade fighting to secure promotion and pleased when it happened but now I’m unhappy watching historical teams go down to Non-League and not resurface. Notts Co is a prime example.
Let’s hope that whoever goes down this season bounces straight back up as did Carlisle in 2005. That relegation allowed club to regroup and re-energise for a golden era in club’s fortunes: -
View attachment 16684

Mate, it's hopeless us trying to get behind a club where our incompetent penniless 'old boys club' owners refuse to move on and sell the club and they don't communicate with us at all now so we have no idea who's running things, there's no voice at all it's so sad.
Our whole club is a tinpot shambles who are running things like it was still the 20th century.

The reason why smaller clubs like yours are on the up and bigger historical football league clubs like mine are doing shit is because the people running your club have a plan and a modern vision and actually know what the hell they're doing and better finances obviously.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
I think it's pretty safe to say we're down now

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Can we go down with a positive goal difference? :lol:

Hurrikeen

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Twitter
@Hurrikeen
Lolz at all these teams flapping about being relegated. There’s ages to go yet. We’ve taken 8 from 12 and are unbeaten under Shez but still in the drop zone. We can’t remain in this form forever.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We are dreadful. Honestly, about a month or so ago we were shite, but we at least weren’t conceding loads. We’ve conceded 12 in the last 5 and have 1 point to show from it.

We’ve gone from bad to worse and I see no signs of things improving.

This is definitely the worst Carlisle United team I’ve ever seen.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
After tonight's EGM called in light of Oldham's form and John Sheridan's recently verified hard on, the League Two Relegation Committee have confirmed current guidance on the 45 point target will be maintained, but will be reviewed on a weekly basis.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Aye I think 45 is the target for safety, it might even be less than that. Another good day for Oldham and must be quite a relief for Walsall too.

I see elsewhere Orient fans are getting a bit twitchy. I don’t think they are in any danger but it seems very similar to us last season where they’re in that rut and almost nothing seems to be working. They’ve got too much quality for me to end up in any real danger though longer it goes on I get the nervousness.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Oldham's Shezerection is starting to become a concern for those at the bottom, it's gone from a flaccid wimpy 2 incher to something resembling a pulsing can of coke, that point away at Newport is still a good one, even though they bollocksed it up at the end.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Hurrikeen is absolutely spot on there are many twists to go yet, Carlisle in 1998 had an almighty 38 points to survive but nearly all of them were achieved in 3 small clumps of games where we won 2-3 games in a row before mass run of defeats. It can easily happen.

Carlisle deserve down if they do finish bottom two though, they of all bottom sides were in the best situation having some money to spend……not much but it was more than rest of bottom sides.

That needed to go all on about 3 maybe at most 4 players, experienced fighters to improve and direct the players in the squad.

Instead it was clumped on about 8-9 players, none seemingly bought because this manager wanted them, half he’d never seen and some never even heard of!?!, afew bought from the previous managers plans and others just last gasp hopes.

Regardless of survival this approach to January needs fully looked at, we should now have seen 3-4 signings integrated in to shire up a sinking ship.

Instead we seem to have added more buckets to try and scoop out the water enough to stay afloat.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
I’ve been checking previous season promotion / relegation from EFL & non-league.
Season 1985-86 was last season when teams at bottom of League 4 table were auto re-elected.
Interesting to see that almost half [11] of those teams play in same tier nearly 4 decades later.
11 Teams in red - currently in EFL2, 8 teams in purple – non-league. The remainder [5] play higher grade football.
1644749687726.png

I then checked points that teams have been relegated from League 2 to Conference.
Barnet [2013] was relegated with 51 pts while Darlington [2010] lost their league position with a poor 30 pt total.
Only 10 of 33 teams relegated to Non-League have returned.
1644749772251.png

I’m not sure what all these stats show but it would seem that relegation to non-league could be long term for some unfortunate clubs.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Been a large northern decline and unsure why. A lot of the larger south clubs return many north don’t.

Carlisle used to get good 500-1000 away gates from Darlo Chester York Stockport Wrexham notts etc etc all long gone

Now may lose Carlisle or Oldham northern clubs down here are not going to get many good away crowds although Stockport may be back up.

cookiemonster

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Has Omari Patrick not made a difference? He looked sharp when Carlisle came to our place a few weeks ago.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Has Omari Patrick not made a difference? He looked sharp when Carlisle came to our place a few weeks ago.
3 goals so far in a month. He’s added some needed pace, but we’re such a terrible team that we don’t get the ball to him enough and we’re so dire at the back any goals he does get mean very little.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

They were getting stick all game from the away fans to be fair. I don't know why Bradford fans have such poor relationships with anyone who used to play for or manage Bradford ever. There are certain players who leave under a cloud, and who get a frosty reception on their return, like Harry McKirdy will next week, but we don't generally have this massive hatred for all our former players. Amoo came on for Vale at the weekend and even scored against us, but generally still gets respect from our fans, we released him, it wasn't him walking out on us or anything and he tried his best when he was with us even though he was part of a hopeless side that got relegated so we've nothing against him.

I don't think this massive desire Bradford fans have to see us go down has anything to do with Gibson or Patrick really, it's just Bradford and their weird fans.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
I’ve been checking previous season promotion / relegation from EFL & non-league.
Season 1985-86 was last season when teams at bottom of League 4 table were auto re-elected.
Interesting to see that almost half [11] of those teams play in same tier nearly 4 decades later.
11 Teams in red - currently in EFL2, 8 teams in purple – non-league. The remainder [5] play higher grade football.
View attachment 16711
I then checked points that teams have been relegated from League 2 to Conference.
Barnet [2013] was relegated with 51 pts while Darlington [2010] lost their league position with a poor 30 pt total.
Only 10 of 33 teams relegated to Non-League have returned.
View attachment 16712
I’m not sure what all these stats show but it would seem that relegation to non-league could be long term for some unfortunate clubs.
Torquay, Barnet and Grimsby did get back up after being relegated but of course eventually went back down into the pit of misery.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
They were getting stick all game from the away fans to be fair. I don't know why Bradford fans have such poor relationships with anyone who used to play for or manage Bradford ever. There are certain players who leave under a cloud, and who get a frosty reception on their return, like Harry McKirdy will next week, but we don't generally have this massive hatred for all our former players. Amoo came on for Vale at the weekend and even scored against us, but generally still gets respect from our fans, we released him, it wasn't him walking out on us or anything and he tried his best when he was with us even though he was part of a hopeless side that got relegated so we've nothing against him.

I don't think this massive desire Bradford fans have to see us go down has anything to do with Gibson or Patrick really, it's just Bradford and their weird fans.

Really strange post.

We don't have poor relationships with 'ALL' our past players or managers. Mark Marshal came on for Crawley a few weeks back and got a very good reception. When Gary Bowyer came back he also got a good reception; He was all smiles as he clapped the fans and chatted with some supporters near the away dugout. What us City fans have a problem with, is having players in the shirt who do absolutely nothing. You've cited Amoo as an example of someone who tried his best and that's something the likes of Patrick and Gibson never did. Patrick never broke a sweat when he was here. He even took to social media to laugh at various times when we lost.

I'll tell you what's weird. You jumping to have a pop at us when only Wildsen mentioned you in a comment. ONE PERSON. Hardly a massive desire, is it? Fucking weird.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Really strange post.

We don't have poor relationships with 'ALL' our past players or managers. Mark Marshal came on for Crawley a few weeks back and got a very good reception. When Gary Bowyer came back he also got a good reception; He was all smiles as he clapped the fans and chatted with some supporters near the away dugout. What us City fans have a problem with, is having players in the shirt who do absolutely nothing. You've cited Amoo as an example of someone who tried his best and that's something the likes of Patrick and Gibson never did. Patrick never broke a sweat when he was here. He even took to social media to laugh at various times when we lost.

I'll tell you what's weird. You jumping to have a pop at us when only Wildsen mentioned you in a comment. ONE PERSON. Hardly a massive desire, is it? Fucking weird.
whoa... triggered much? I stand by what I said... not necessarily you specifically but a good number of the Bradford fans online I'd say this is true for.

• Haha
Reactions: Cas

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I don’t think it’s a great idea winding up Bradford fans because they are set to have the last laugh when we play our final match as a football league club.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!