The Sack Race

SUTSS

Survivor Champion 2015
Reaction score
Supports
Norwich City
Monk was the other man on our two man shortlist apparently.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Unbelievable how many managers the Championship gets through.

Grayson has been here for 4 years, 3 months, wonder if he'll see 5 years. It's surprising how little he gets linked to other jobs despite us finishing in the top half 2 seasons in a row without a pot to piss in.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Probably going to Palace or Boro

Somebody with a bit of money to spend - suspect the new owner said there was no money to be had.

Would Monk want to work with Italian owners again?

TomPNE94

Big Mak Fan
Reaction score
Supports
Simon Makienok
Twitter
@TomMonks94
Leeds about to appoint former Boro DoF. Presume that'll mean Karanka will be off there.

genesimmons

Reaction score
Supports
gateshead
Kranka wants to stay in north yorkshire so leeds would be a good move for him. Been some shite off the field at leeds but for an out of work manager beggers cant be choosers

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
Unbelievable how many managers the Championship gets through.

Grayson has been here for 4 years, 3 months, wonder if he'll see 5 years. It's surprising how little he gets linked to other jobs despite us finishing in the top half 2 seasons in a row without a pot to piss in.
If his name was Simone Graysonio, he'd be long gone by now.

Reactions: SF_

Techno Natch

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Absolute fucking disgrace how Paul Lambert is being treated at Wolves. If he's not doing the job, sack him. If he is, then back him and say so strongly. What is it with football that allows absolute cretins into the boardroom? Why is respect and integrity so utterly lacking in sport these days??

To be fair that sounds like most boardroom's across the country.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
Nuno Espirito Santo about to take over as Wolves manager. Was at Valencia (sacked when Gary Neville replaced him) and FC Porto last season. Finished 2nd with Porto and last 16 of the Champs League A very impressive manager if we pull it off.

Hank

Reaction score
Supports
Sunderland
Would love to see Monk come to Sunderland can't see it happening though. Derek McInnes seems to be favourite at the moment which seems more likely, but please not Karanka.

HarvSFC

Jaffa Cake Quiz Champion 2015
Reaction score
Supports
Southampton
Nuno Espirito Santo about to take over as Wolves manager. Was at Valencia (sacked when Gary Neville replaced him) and FC Porto last season. Finished 2nd with Porto and last 16 of the Champs League A very impressive manager if we pull it off.

Santo Clause out!

SUTSS

Survivor Champion 2015
Reaction score
Supports
Norwich City
Our paper said you wanted Lambert back?

I don't think there was any chance of that. The fans wanted him back sure but I think he burnt a lot of bridges with our board when he left and although there have been several changes since then I don't think Delia would've sanctioned it. On top of that if it was transfer he was concerned about we've just moved to a more continental system where the manager is just the head coach and a recruitment team do the signings.

MATT_WWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Only Wolves fans would moan at having the world's most powerful agent as a contact and a potentially excellent manager about to be appointed... get a grip. 'I feel sorry for Lambert how he's being treated' BLA BLA BLA. Seriously, these guys get paid millions. Lambert knew weeks ago that he was going. Embrace the Fosun revolution! Christ, shall we have Morgan and Moxey back and buy Thelwell players? I for one am backing Fosun and getting behind the Mendes link

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
Only Wolves fans would moan at having the world's most powerful agent as a contact and a potentially excellent manager about to be appointed... get a grip. 'I feel sorry for Lambert how he's being treated' BLA BLA BLA. Seriously, these guys get paid millions. Lambert knew weeks ago that he was going. Embrace the Fosun revolution! Christ, shall we have Morgan and Moxey back and buy Thelwell players? I for one am backing Fosun and getting behind the Mendes link

Mendes is a football agent, not a football manager. His priority is to get as much money as he can by getting the best available deals for his players. If that is Wolves or some club in outer Mongolia, it matters not to him.

It's nice to have such a powerful agent onside don't get me wrong, but he is overstepping his boundry by telling Lambert, and indeed Fosun (who lets be honest, may have a bottomless pit of money, but have no clue on how to run a successful football club) that he has a final say on our transfer business. His sole job should be to advise our management, not to overrule them.

The club desperately needs stability. Chopping and changing your manager every 5 minute doesn't help at all. Throwing money at a situation (27m we spent last season) has shown it doesn't work either, as we finished on exactly the same points as the previous year when Kenny Jackett didn't have a pot to piss in.

I do embrace Fosun, and Mendes... these are certaintly excitable times for the club, but we should really learn from our mistakes, because we'll keep going back to square 1 otherwise.

MATT_WWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Mendes is a football agent, not a football manager. His priority is to get as much money as he can by getting the best available deals for his players. If that is Wolves or some club in outer Mongolia, it matters not to him.

It's nice to have such a powerful agent onside don't get me wrong, but he is overstepping his boundry by telling Lambert, and indeed Fosun (who lets be honest, may have a bottonless pit of money, but have no clue on how to run a successful football club) that he has a final say on our transfer business. His sole job should be to advise our management, not to overrule them.

The club desperately needs stability. Chopping and changing your manager every 5 minute doesn't help at all. Throwing money at a situation (27m we spent last season) has shown it doesn't work either, as we finished on exactly the same points as the previous year when Jackett didn't have a pot to piss in.

I do embrace Fosun, and Mendes... these are certaintly excitable times for the club, but we should really learn from our mistakes, because we'll keep going back to square 1 otherwise.

You're talking as if Mendes is running the club, is he? If he was so powerful, then Zenga would still be here, Lambert wouldn't have been appointed in the first place last season and we wouldn't have seen the likes of Marshall and Weimann signed either. We also wouldn't have seen the likes of Edwards and Dicko get new deals. Mendes is pulling some strings yes but hardly running the club as you make out. There's mitigating circumstances why last season turned out as it did - takeover very late, depleted squad so transfers were a rushed job. Zenga a panic appointment after Lopetegui did us over at the last minute and Lambert brought in as a stop gap clearly. This is the summer to judge them on, not last summer when everything was slap dash and rushed. I fully believe that Fosun will get it right.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
You're talking as if Mendes is running the club, is he? If he was so powerful, then Zenga would still be here, Lambert wouldn't have been appointed in the first place last season and we wouldn't have seen the likes of Marshall and Weimann signed either. We also wouldn't have seen the likes of Edwards and Dicko get new deals. Mendes is pulling some strings yes but hardly running the club as you make out. There's mitigating circumstances why last season turned out as it did - takeover very late, depleted squad so transfers were a rushed job. Zenga a panic appointment after Lopetegui did us over at the last minute and Lambert brought in as a stop gap clearly. This is the summer to judge them on, not last summer when everything was slap dash and rushed. I fully believe that Fosun will get it right.

Well the reason it looks like Lambert is resigning is because Fosun have told Lambert that Mendes will be able to overrule him and bring in his own players.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...lamberts-wolves-future-hangs-in-the-balance-/

So yeah, you could say Mendes is running the club if he has the power to overrule the manager.

Also the players you mentioned that Lambert has brought in have been a success. Weimann is worth a permanent deal for 1.5m and Ben Marshall has been excellent since joining. I will concede about giving Dicko a new deal however, I don't think he is good enough for us if we're serious about promotion. Edwards deserves a new deal, he has had a very good season, only Costa you could say has been better.

Lambert hasn't done much wrong since taking over. Sure we haven't been spectacular but he got us out of the shit that Zenga left us in, with a nice FA cup run on the way. I'm not fiecely loyal to Lambert, sure I'd like to keep him but it's not the end of the world if we don't. But whatever does end up happening, the decision on who manages the club needs to happen quickly, as the longer we leave it is going to damage the club further.

MATT_WWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Well the reason it looks like Lambert is resigning is because Fosun have told Lambert that Mendes will be able to overrule him and bring in his own players.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...lamberts-wolves-future-hangs-in-the-balance-/

So yeah, you could say Mendes is running the club if he has the power to overrule the manager.

Also the players you mentioned that Lambert has brought in have been a success. Weimann is worth a permanent deal for 1.5m and Ben Marshall has been excellent since joining. I will concede about giving Dicko a new deal however, I don't think he is good enough for us if we're serious about promotion. Edwards deserves a new deal, he has had a very good season, only Costa you could say has been better.

Lambert hasn't done much wrong since taking over. Sure we haven't been spectacular but he got us out of the shit that Zenga left us in, with a nice FA cup run on the way. I'm not fiecely loyal to Lambert, sure I'd like to keep him but it's not the end of the world if we don't. But whatever does end up happening, the decision on who manages the club needs to happen quickly, as the longer we leave it is going to damage the club further.

Lambert's not resigning, he's being sacked because he's a bang average manager. There were reports about Fosun wanting to replace him back in February! They've clearly been monitoring his position for a good few months, and rightly have not been impressed. Lambert hasn't done much wrong, really? Apart from the cup run and playing the kids, what's he done? The football's been rancid, he's shown no signs whatsoever that he had what it takes to be successful here. Not denying Marshall and Weimann were good signings - simply that if Mendes was running the club then these two wouldn't have been signed would they? Mendes isn't running the club, he's there as an advisor for Fosun to use.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
Lambert's not resigning, he's being sacked because he's a bang average manager. There were reports about Fosun wanting to replace him back in February! They've clearly been monitoring his position for a good few months, and rightly have not been impressed. Lambert hasn't done much wrong, really? Apart from the cup run and playing the kids, what's he done? The football's been rancid, he's shown no signs whatsoever that he had what it takes to be successful here. Not denying Marshall and Weimann were good signings - simply that if Mendes was running the club then these two wouldn't have been signed would they? Mendes isn't running the club, he's there as an advisor for Fosun to use.

No offense mate but you're being naive if you think all Mendes is doing is 'advising'. We will only find out if Lambert is resigning or if he's being sacked when it actually happens, but all the links so far point to him having an unworkable relationship with Jorge Mendes, and being overruled on transfer targets. If this is the case (pretty much the only thing we have to go off at the moment), why are we backing an agent, who is only in this for his own personal wealth and getting his contacts good deals, over the manager of our football club?

Apart from the cup run and playing the kids? What did you expect him to do in the situation he was in? Zenga left us in 19th or something, did you expect Lambert to win every game and get us promoted? If you gave him this season, to bring in his own players, I'm sure he would be turn a lot of things around.

What if we hire this FC Porto manager, and he turns into another Zenga? What happens then, rehire another Lambert type figure to save us from relegation, sack him and then back to the same position as we are now 1 year in the future?

Fosun are by far and away the richest owners we have ever had, but it doesn't mean they know what they are doing with this hire/fire policy.

MATT_WWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
No offense mate but you're being naive if you think all Mendes is doing is 'advising'. We will only find out if Lambert is resigning or if he's being sacked when it actually happens, but all the links so far point to him having an unworkable relationship with Jorge Mendes, and being overruled on transfer targets. If this is the case (pretty much the only thing we have to go off at the moment), why are we backing an agent, who is only in this for his own personal wealth and getting his contacts good deals, over the manager of our football club?

Apart from the cup run and playing the kids? What did you expect him to do in the situation he was in? Zenga left us in 19th or something, did you expect Lambert to win every game and get us promoted? If you gave him this season, to bring in his own players, I'm sure he would be turn a lot of things around.

What if we hire this FC Porto manager, and he turns into another Zenga? What happens then, rehire another Lambert type figure to save us from relegation, sack him and then back to the same position as we are now 1 year in the future?

Fosun are by far and away the richest owners we have ever had, but it doesn't mean they know what they are doing with this hire/fire policy.

He's advising, and he'll bring some players in yes. That's hardly running the club is it! If Thelwell stays, no doubt he'll bring in some players too. No I didn't expect him to do that, but I expected to see signs of progression. I saw nothing. In fact, I saw worse football than what KJ served up. Let's not forget - KJ had a reason to play that way. He had a significantly worse squad, devoid of any creativity, no goalscorer, no creative wide men like Costa or Cavaleiro, yet still kept us in midtable. Lambert had us within an inch of the bottom 3 ffs. No way did he justify having a summer. This Porto manager is nothing like that joker Zenga, look at his record. It's far superior.

Chill out, embrace the regime and let's see what happens:thumbs:

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves

He's not a contact, he's an agent. It's a complete conflict of interest to have an agent pulling the strings at a club.
It doesn't matter how much money anyone is paid, they should be treated with respect.

You have actually noticed that we have finished lower this season with Mendes and Fosun than we did last season, eh? Despite all his "contacts"? Despite the money? Same points. After, what....£27 million spent? If it felt like this was a platform we were building on, then I'd be happy but it doesn't. Look at the absolute shite that came in courtesy of Mendes.....Silvio, Oniangue, Gladon, Nazon, Ola John, Teixeira (some on loan, I know). £1.7m for Gladon. Well, there's the fucking bargain of the season, right there.

I am excited by Fosun and I like the connection with Mendes but teams do well with managerial stability and Lambert has a good track record. I would hope that they would run the club professionally, because inappropriate spending and leadership can quickly spiral out of control....look at Blackburn, Bolton as just two examples.

MATT_WWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
He's not a contact, he's an agent. It's a complete conflict of interest to have an agent pulling the strings at a club.
It doesn't matter how much money anyone is paid, they should be treated with respect.

You have actually noticed that we have finished lower this season with Mendes and Fosun than we did last season, eh? Despite all his "contacts"? Despite the money? Same points. After, what....£27 million spent? If it felt like this was a platform we were building on, then I'd be happy but it doesn't. Look at the absolute shite that came in courtesy of Mendes.....Silvio, Oniangue, Gladon, Nazon, Ola John, Teixeira (some on loan, I know). £1.7m for Gladon. Well, there's the fucking bargain of the season, right there.

I am excited by Fosun and I like the connection with Mendes but teams do well with managerial stability and Lambert has a good track record. I would hope that they would run the club professionally, because inappropriate spending and leadership can quickly spiral out of control....look at Blackburn, Bolton as just two examples.

Think about it - the takeover was very late. Last summer was a rushed job in terms of transfers, Zenga was a panic appointment when Lop failed to materialise. On the face of it last season was a circus, but because it happened so late things fell through and didnt happen as what they planned.

Gladon, Oniangue - none of them were through Mendes, they were Butti signings. Seriously, you're going to judge them after 8 months and a rushed job last summer that few could have done better with? Stop pant wetting and enjoy the fucking ride and embrace the regime. Jesus christ, bring back Morgan and Moxey!

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Think about it - the takeover was very late. Last summer was a rushed job in terms of transfers, Zenga was a panic appointment when Lop failed to materialise. On the face of it last season was a circus, but because it happened so late things fell through and didnt happen as what they planned.

Gladon, Oniangue - none of them were through Mendes, they were Butti signings. Seriously, you're going to judge them after 8 months and a rushed job last summer that few could have done better with? Stop pant wetting and enjoy the fucking ride and embrace the regime. Jesus christ, bring back Morgan and Moxey!

Seriously, you're going to judge Lambert after eight months? Fucked a bit by your own argument there.

Actually, perhaps you could actually read what others have written rather than jump in with what you think others have written. I'm not a huge fan of Lambert's but I am talking about how he is being kept hanging on without the support. You would't want to be treated like that.

Just because I don't want it done the way it is right now doesn't mean I want to go back to Morgan and Moxey. You do realise there are more than two ways to do anything, right?

How about Fosun just sack Lambert (and Thelwell?) and let him get on and appoint a new manager.

I'm hardly pant-wetting, just want to see it run professionally. And wth respect for people.

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
No offense mate but you're being naive if you think all Mendes is doing is 'advising'.
Yeh, absolutely agree with this.

Personally, I'm not overly bothered whether Lambert stays or not. He's had a chance and while there were signs of better days, there weren't many.
I liked the signings Lambert made and I liked the rumours of players he seemed to want this summer...Hanley, for one. But are there better Championship managers? Definitely.

What if we hire this FC Porto manager, and he turns into another Zenga? What happens then, rehire another Lambert type figure to save us from relegation, sack him and then back to the same position as we are now 1 year in the future?/QUOTE]
I can see this happening. Portuguese manager, clutch of European players used to the European game, 6/1 to get promotion....and in 17th place come November.

If we get the right manager, then I'm not unhappy to see Lambert go. If.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
He's advising, and he'll bring some players in yes. That's hardly running the club is it! If Thelwell stays, no doubt he'll bring in some players too. No I didn't expect him to do that, but I expected to see signs of progression. I saw nothing. In fact, I saw worse football than what KJ served up. Let's not forget - KJ had a reason to play that way. He had a significantly worse squad, devoid of any creativity, no goalscorer, no creative wide men like Costa or Cavaleiro, yet still kept us in midtable. Lambert had us within an inch of the bottom 3 ffs. No way did he justify having a summer. This Porto manager is nothing like that joker Zenga, look at his record. It's far superior.

Chill out, embrace the regime and let's see what happens:thumbs:
Famous last words. I bet this time last August you were confident Zenga Zenga Zenga would take you to the Premier Premier Premier.

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Famous last words. I bet this time last August you were confident Zenga Zenga Zenga would take you to the Premier Premier Premier.

Spot on. We all did. We were looking at the odds and fairly gutted that we were only sixth favourites (behind Brighton and Derby) :bg1:

El Guapo

Reaction score
Supports
Birmingham City
Alot of money invested clearly aint worked at birmingham city
Villa invested more on McCormack than we have on 10-12 players. Likewise Wolves with Costa. We have been feeding off scraps in comparison. Redknapp should have a bit more to play with this time, doubt he would have agreed to stay on if there is no intent to challenge at the other end of the table next season.

Last edited:

MATT_WWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves

No, just no. Zenga was a joke appointment and a clown of a manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!