The Stags vs The Gas

Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
How can you say we are a poor side and will need to strengthen in January? It is one game we didn't play well yet we won...Im sure you have had some bad performances this season? The facts are we have lost 1 away game in 26. We rarely lose on the road. When did little Mansfield fans get so big headed? is it because they have been punching well above there weight so far this season?

Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Also, had the Mansfield player not ran 50 yards and draped Easter by his shirt, nothing would have happened. He would of been booked for diving and the case would be closed, and i'm sure both teams would have finished the game with 11 men each!

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
It was an awful dive, but Bristol did well to bring us down to their level, that we fell for it annoyed me, had we played them at football - as was clearly obvious today, we would have dicked them all over the park. However, we got drawn into a physical, abysmal aggressive football that was awful to watch.

Almost like us last season

ComeOnIrene

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
First thing - Easter's dive was embarrassing. Absolutely no doubt about it. However, there was no headbutt of any type thrown at McGuire. I've seen the highlights and, well, there was nothing to see. It'll hopefully be rescinded.

As for the game, it was a cracker. We were nowhere near our best today - not helped by the fact our star man Bodin was out injured and we reverted back to 3-5-2 - but still scored a great first goal. Mansfield played route one football quite well in that first period but never really put any shots on target, so it was relatively comfortable.

Second half was scintillating in terms of action but a nightmare for any football fan to watch. Pearce was stupid in his off the ball tangle with Lockyer and deserved to be sent off, especially after he incited the handbags that ensued afterwards. Nicky Hunt can have no complaints with his red - a stupid challenge for the second yellow. Stags fans will say their side deserved a draw and it was a good equaliser, but it would have been a travesty had they held on IMO - they never really tested Lee Nicholls all game.

After it went to 1-1 we hit the bar, missed a one-on-one and I just thought it was going to be one of those days where we had thrown it away. Thank the lord for Matty Taylor though and the great celebrations afterwards!

I've seen several people say we were a dirty team and, frankly, that's laughable. It was the other way round. Mansfield were throwing elbows, arms and god knows what else at our players and the weak officials let them get away with it - the ref stopped the game for the head injuries we sustained but didn't punish the elbows that caused them! Unbelievable.

The ref was abysmal. We couldn't believe how poor he was and that's saying something as the officiating in the Conference was embarrassingly bad.

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
How can you say we are a poor side and will need to strengthen in January? It is one game we didn't play well yet we won...Im sure you have had some bad performances this season? The facts are we have lost 1 away game in 26. We rarely lose on the road. When did little Mansfield fans get so big headed? is it because they have been punching well above there weight so far this season?
I see we've found the idiot in the Rovers brigade.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
It was an awful dive, but Bristol did well to bring us down to their level, that we fell for it annoyed me, had we played them at football - as was clearly obvious today, we would have dicked them all over the park. However, we got drawn into a physical, abysmal aggressive football that was awful to watch.

What and you're Barcelona now? You got mugged and couldn't cope with a physical and aggressive game. It's league two and there are plenty of other sides that will do the same. If you have serious aspirations of getting promoted your delicate flowers are going to have to toughen up mentally.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
I actually agree with that Aber Gas. Bristol got in our faces all second half, And we had a moment of madness that cost us. Had Pearce not been sent off we'd have at least a point today.

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
What and you're Barcelona now? You got mugged and couldn't cope with a physical and aggressive game. It's league two and there are plenty of other sides that will do the same. If you have serious aspirations of getting promoted your delicate flowers are going to have to toughen up mentally.
Totally agree, partially think a lack of experience has cost us today and the likes of Nicky Hunt who should have stepped up decided get himself in the antics. However Rovers did take advantage of a poor ref.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Mansfield can't crititise Bristol for their approach today we did it the first few seasons.

Bristol clearly realised if they played football against us they would lose, so they went about it in the way they did, and executed it well.

It'll be something we need to learn from

Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Where are you all getting this idea that if we played football against you we would lose? We have played good football this season also but today was not one of those days, yet we got the 3 points which is whats important. Im sure in the return fixture we will play the football and you will be ugly. That is if you have learnt a lesson which we gave you today on how to win ugly ;)

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
Where are you all getting this idea that if we played football against you we would lose? We have played good football this season also but today was not one of those days, yet we got the 3 points which is whats important. Im sure in the return fixture we will play the football and you will be ugly. That is if you have learnt a lesson which we gave you today on how to win ugly ;)
Don't worry we already know how, a certain player called Colin Daniel wrote the book for you.

Reactions: JJH

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
just watched the highlights.

First and foremost, embarrassing dive by Easter. Don't like to see it. Can't quite see the reaction on camera, but the fact that the ref is right there and in a better angle tells me there is a reaction so absolutely no complaints there.

Secondly, can't see the incident off the ball for the Mansfield red, so can't really judge. Incidents afterwards look very unsaviory though, with it looking like sincs who is the nicest most innocent lad in our team being punched and thrown on the floor by two different players. Anyone else would have reacted but bless his little cottons stayed calm.

Obviously from the highlights you don't see Nicky Hunts first yellow but the second and sending off incident was most definitely a booking.

Obviously both teams let themselves down in some ways, so not a great game in that respects. Sounds like we played poorly but from our side to go away from home, having to change shape, having our two most recently effective players out and to play one of the most in form league teams, to come away with three points is a great result.

Especially satisfying as we've not beaten the higher up teams in the league, say we are good enough or not but we've had a decent start, played most of the top teams and are hitting a good spell of form, the signs are looking up.

I also have to say there were a time or two last season we got beat by people "playing the game" with gamesmanship last season, I won't moan if we Win one or two like that this year away from home

Flaxman's Alibi

Reaction score
Supports
Tubby Evans Embalming Army
Because when it was eleven against eleven the only time you got out of your half you scored, and all credit for that.
You defended well and hit us with a sucker punch.

The only other spell of any Rovers pressure was once we had a striker at right back and a midfielder at centre back, an injured left back and an injured goalkeeper.

Rovers won the game and well done for that, however overall I thought Rovers looked a poor outfit.

Calstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Well here go's ..... Firstly rovers offered nowt till we went down to 9 , caught with 2 absolute sucker punches , we didn't see any of the "fine form" they've been in tbf , I think we dominated without really testing their keeper to often enough today was your typical smash n grab IMO , and I'm gutted to loose like that but it's great when it go's for ya , that's football but 11 v 11, 9 out of 10 we'd of pissed them every week !

TheGas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Some very sour grapes from some Mansfield fans and a few nasty comments. You'd had a decent start yes but you still haven't beat anyone above 16th place? Notts county if I'm right. You need to get off your high horses and stop saying we was scared to play football because we'd defiantly lose. We've played and beat better teams than you this season and we was defiantly not scared of playing Mansfield Town.. We've proved we can go toe to toe with anyone in this league and dark horses we are.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
Definite 10 out 10 for the Easter dive, cracking effort that, McGuire and hunt didn't need to get involved though, let the ref sort it, a side to the game I don't like but it's happening all to often.

Good to see Matt Taylor in the lge, always liked him.

KTF.

TheGas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Just watched some highlights. hunt could've been sent off 3 times. He pushed easter off the pitch which should be a yellow. He through sinclair to the floor which probably would've been a red if that was the only incident at the time and then he punched Lockyer in the back of the head before getting him in a head lock... Oh well makes those 3 points sweeter for the fans and players

TheGas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
I also notice not one of you have mention that every player and member of staff that came over to our fans at full time also went over to your keeper to shake his hand when he was down on the floor.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
It was obviously
I also notice not one of you have mention that every player and member of staff that came over to our fans at full time also went over to your keeper to shake his hand when he was down on the floor.

Yeah we saw that, he was brilliant, even at 40 he is a ridiculously good keeper.

Such an aggressive match- I think clarke did his homework well, had Bristol tried to play us at football he would have know defeat would have ensued. That he got the players constantly in our faces, riled our players and fans as well as they did was expertly done - it's what we did last season to Plymouth when we beat them 1-0.

One of those that makes football what it is - 9/10 we win that at a canter - yesterday was annoyingly that 1/10 game.

It was ironic that we were undone by tactics deployed by ourselves so well (in main) when we managed by paul Cox

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
If not football, then what did they play you at? Cricket?

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Such unbelievably patronising comments by Mansfield fans, gone down massively in my book.

Nicky Hunt seems a nice bloke. Some of the pictures are ridiculous.

GasAttacK

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think Mansfield fans were at a completely different game. They had a lot of the ball in the first half but did absolutely nothing with it and Nichols didn't have a meaningful save to make in the match.

Second half Rovers were the better side despite starting a man down and could have won by 3 or 4 in the end. We had an effort cleared off the line, a disallowed offside goal which looked very marginal, another shot hit the under side the bar, a couple of goal mouth scrambles and of course the deserved winner in injury time.

I must have blinked and missed all this great attacking play from Mansfield because apart from a few crosses and the goal, I thought Nichols could have sat his deck chair and still kept a clean sheet.

We've played a lot better and lost this season but football is not all about pretty passing. It's a results business and for all Mansfields possession they didn't really hurt us.

Last edited:

Turbo8818

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Firstly who's bristol? Would you say Manchester or Sheffield, Nottingham , it's rovers or the gas,are stags fans so thick they can't differentiate?
I'm loving the moral high ground stags fans are taking, clearly missed the 2 elbows on Lines and Sinclair which went unpunished and set the tone for the game that followed. Also yes we slowed the game down second half, not sure any team that wouldn't. Fair play to the stags showed true spirit in the second half to pull themselves back and just couldn't hold out till the end. Can definetly see them around the play off spots if they keep that spirit and fight.

Youpies

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
That dive though :10:

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
I think Mansfield fans were at a completely different game. They had a lot of the ball in the first half but did absolutely nothing with it and Nichols didn't have a meaningful save to make in the match.

Second half Rovers were the better side despite starting a man down and could have won by 3 or 4 in the end. We had an effort cleared off the line, a disallowed offside goal which looked very marginal, another shot hit the under side the bar, a couple of goal mouth scrambles and of course the deserved winner in injury time.

I must have blinked all this great play from Mansfield because apart from a few crosses and the goal, Nichols could have sat his deck chair and still kept a clean sheet.
You have to remember you only dominated us once we went down to 10. We dominated but there was no end product for us in the first half even your first goal was lucky as we were completely on top then the ref gave a controversial decision which led to you going down the other end and scoring.

Rovers were just very efficient at what they were doing which in some aspects is what we did to you when we sent you down so perhaps Darrell got it into the players heads to just look for a fight at any possible moment for example when we were down to 9 men and one of your players clung on to Green so he couldn't get in to position. Either way congratulations on winning as both your goals were decent play it's just the way you had to go about it which was shit.

Last edited:

Flaxman's Alibi

Reaction score
Supports
Firstly who's bristol? Would you say Manchester or Sheffield, Nottingham , it's rovers or the gas,are stags fans so thick they can't differentiate?
I'm loving the moral high ground stags fans are taking, clearly missed the 2 elbows on Lines and Sinclair which went unpunished and set the tone for the game that followed. Also yes we slowed the game down second half, not sure any team that wouldn't. Fair play to the stags showed true spirit in the second half to pull themselves back and just couldn't hold out till the end. Can definetly see them around the play off spots if they keep that spirit and fight.

Blimey, you don't need to go for touchiness lessons do you pal. Ouch! Fancy calling a team from Bristol 'Bristol'. I'd imagine that it'd be enough to make a shy bald Gas Rover Buddhist reflect and plan a massive murder.

Flaxman's Alibi

Reaction score
Supports
Such unbelievably patronising comments by Mansfield fans, gone down massively in my book.

Nicky Hunt seems a nice bloke. Some of the pictures are ridiculous.

Dry your eyes pal, you got the points so be happy about it.

I spent the entirety of last season rooting for Rovers (better not call you Bristol and as it irks some) and Darrell to be promoted, for I'm not going to start regretting that in a mardarsed fashion.

The fact that someone's opinion of a whole fan base has gone down because we feel aggrieved of how things panned out yesterday isn't going to change the world.

Personally speaking I know we're a decent side and it'll be interesting to see how we bounce back from this setback.

Hamez

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@jarmstrong_10
It wasn't a day for sporting behaviour on either side. Both sets players were bad for trying to get players sent off. No need for Hunt to get sent off, that was just complete stupidity. Don't think Easter should've gone, although, the attrioucous dive was worthy of a red in its self. Pearce shouldn't have reacted, the Bristol Rovers players were clearly trying to wind our players up after their red card, it was also obvious the referee was looking to even it up, so why rise to it? Silly.

As for the game, I thought we were okay & strangely actually got better when we went down to 9 men. We need Clements back in the team desperately, we play so much better with him in the side. Someone needs to give Green a kick up the arse aswell. Looks a shadow of the player we had in 2013 this season (apart from the York game)

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
On the other hand loving Adi Yussuf, looks like a real rough diamond, swear he has glue on his boots at times and could play a pivotal role in the season for us.

Turbo8818

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Blimey, you don't need to go for touchiness lessons do you pal. Ouch! Fancy calling a team from Bristol 'Bristol'. I'd imagine that it'd be enough to make a shy bald Gas Rover Buddhist reflect and plan a massive murder.
Just ignorant then? No comment on the rest of the post...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!