The weekend games of Saturday 14th Nov 2020!

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
Carlisle manager seems to think we've been spending loads of money on players and that's why we won? Not sure where he's getting that from or where that money is meant to have come from, we don't have wealthy backers and never spend beyond our means.

Didn't watch the game but sounded as though we deserved the win and Carlisle fan comments on here seem to back that up. Reilly has done us a huge favour bottling that late chance though.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
3-3 would have been about right because there was little between the two sides, and if a realistic amount of injury time was played, then 3-3 it would have ended. 6 minutes was quite frankly ridiculous.

I'm fairly sure we would have won if we had stayed at 11 vs 11. I think the red was borderline but having said that as soon as i saw it i thought we could be in trouble here. It was certainly the most significant moment of the game and was a real turning point. I cant give Luke Joyce too much stick because it was just a mistake, and he has made very few of those since he has been at the Vale and is one of our most important players, just a shame he will probs be missing for 3 games now. Don't think either penalty was a penalty but in the grand scheme of things i thought it was an entertaining game of football between two decent sides who i think will both be in the mix for the top 7 come the end of the season. I would say it was a good advert for League 2 but the referee put paid to that sentiment. I'm not saying that as a bitter Vale fan either as I think he got decisions wrong for both sides consistently.

I would say 'looking forward to seeing you at Prenton Park' but lets face it, that isn't happening this season which is a shame because Tranmere isn't a bad away day.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
gO bAcK to WaNkiNg oVer YoUr sHiRt sPoNSor!!

Haha, good one.
Either that or wanking over young boys. After all, that is the 'Crewe way.' When is Dario joining his mate Bennell in prison? Only a matter of time surely?

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
Either that or wanking over young boys. After all, that is the 'Crewe way.' When is Dario joining his mate Bennell in prison? Only a matter of time surely?
Never mate, as you’re talking out of you arse.

Oli Finney started in our team today in our win against the league leaders, he’s a big Port Vale fan from Stoke. We’ve got a lot of local lads coming through the academy still to this day, it’s a beautiful thing. Could be you, but you’re shit.

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
We've expectedly been a pretty poor side this season. Back to back wins and scoring 10 past Southend and Tonbridge Angels seems to have given them a bit of much needed confidence but coming up against a good side in you today, will be the test of whether we've turned a corner or not. If you press us and force us to go long, its over for us as our strikers can neither run nor hold the ball up. We seem to be better against the sides who sit off us and allow us possession as our midfield is our best area by far. Nullify that and you'll win the game.
Some game that. Not sure anybody would ask for their money back for entertainment. With my rose tinted glasses on we came out flying, only to concede the early goal which is an annoying habit of ours. Going forward at times we were immense and created a lot of chances, and missed some good chances. You lot were much improved in the second half. Nice to see 2 teams having a real go of it. We really need to keep focused at the back though if we are to retain our push. Not lost in 12 now. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Never mate, as you’re talking out of you arse.

Oli Finney started in our team today in our win against the league leaders, he’s a big Port Vale fan from Stoke. We’ve got a lot of local lads coming through the academy still to this day, it’s a beautiful thing. Could be you, but you’re shit.
Beautiful thing? Would Andy Woodward and Steve Walters agree? Still Dario’s gone now so the kids will probably be safe, and as long as people like you keep your head in the sand, every little thing’s gonna be alright.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
Beautiful thing? Would Andy Woodward and Steve Walters agree? Still Dario’s gone now so the kids will probably be safe, and as long as people like you keep your head in the sand, every little thing’s gonna be alright.
Woodward is a fragile example to say the least, but you probably don’t know much about that. Have you thought about becoming a detective? She might let you see the kids then.

Do you hold the same standard for the dozens of other UK football clubs with similar scandals and other non football entities? Or is it just Crewe (where the culprit has been literally locked up for decades)? You seem to have a passion for this stuff, bit suspect, bit odd. Typical bitter Vale fan really.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
You’re like one of those guys who pretends he cares about the economic and mental health affects of lockdowns but you really just miss the pub.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You’re like one of those guys who pretends he cares about the economic and mental health affects of lockdowns but you really just miss the p
Woodward is a fragile example to say the least, but you probably don’t know much about that. Have you thought about becoming a detective? She might let you see the kids then.

Do you hold the same standard for the dozens of other UK football clubs with similar scandals and other non football entities? Or is it just Crewe (where the culprit has been literally locked up for decades)? You seem to have a passion for this stuff, bit suspect, bit odd. Typical bitter Vale fan really.
Wow, weird post from a weird person.

Ok, 1- I don’t have any kids although not sure what that has to do with anything.

2- I probably show interest in the Crewe thing for two reasons. It’s just down the road and I know people who I went to school with who have gone through the academy and have personal stories shall we say.

3- the main perpetrator may be in jail but all those who facilitated his crimes are not and the majority are still in positions of power at the club. The club has never apologised or accepted any responsibility and the majority of supporters seem to have this bizarre ‘head in sand’ attitude. Gradi of course was suspended for over 2 years and then unceremoniously ushered into retirement with the minimum of fanfare. An odd move for the most successful manager in their history.

Last edited:

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson

Do you think maybe if Dario had done anything wrong, he'd have had at least one kid report him after 30 years in the job, two extremely thorough Police investigations and many kids speaking about against Bennell?

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
Was listening to Praise & Grumble last night and a load of Vale fans seemed to think that the ref got the red card decision wrong. I watched the highlights on Quest and couldn't believe how straightforward a red it was. Glad the Vale fans on here seem a bit more realistic about it.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
3-3 would have been about right because there was little between the two sides, and if a realistic amount of injury time was played, then 3-3 it would have ended. 6 minutes was quite frankly ridiculous.

I'm fairly sure we would have won if we had stayed at 11 vs 11. I think the red was borderline but having said that as soon as i saw it i thought we could be in trouble here. It was certainly the most significant moment of the game and was a real turning point. I cant give Luke Joyce too much stick because it was just a mistake, and he has made very few of those since he has been at the Vale and is one of our most important players, just a shame he will probs be missing for 3 games now. Don't think either penalty was a penalty but in the grand scheme of things i thought it was an entertaining game of football between two decent sides who i think will both be in the mix for the top 7 come the end of the season. I would say it was a good advert for League 2 but the referee put paid to that sentiment. I'm not saying that as a bitter Vale fan either as I think he got decisions wrong for both sides consistently.

I would say 'looking forward to seeing you at Prenton Park' but lets face it, that isn't happening this season which is a shame because Tranmere isn't a bad away day.

Yeah a lot of Tranmere fans saying they were the better team with 11 and dominated. It is how we play against the better teams in letting them have the ball. Think it was the same against Exeter, Cheltenham and Salford... we allow it because it suits how we play and has worked a treat for 18 months now as we nearly always win and would 9/10 of done yesterday had Joyce not seen red.

They dominated possession but didn’t have a shot on target until just before the red card! We had two goals and at the point we’re comfortable with the high press and controlling the game allowing possession and being organised. Red changes that as we are a man light and have to sacrifice the high press and leaves us camping too deep.

Crazy game, one for the neutral. Tough loss to take but have to use it now to bounce back from. Still a great start to the season points wise and win Tuesday we could be up as far as 3rd.

Conlon should of done better at 3-2 after 88 minutes when would of you ended the game and some key moments went against us but pleased with the effort and lost three points on wreckless decision by Joyce to give the referee a decision.

Recall us doing it to Northampton when they went 2-1 up in the 89th minute and we won 3-2 but not that was 2003 and not seen anything like that since!

3 losses in 19 months at VP all without Joyce so going to need to figure a system to play without him, need Manny to be fit for three games.

Tranmere have some good players and looked good on the ball, suspect defensively but ruthless when they had chances after the red card so should challenge the top 7.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

“He is a bitter Vale fan” says the Alex fan who’s first action after the rare occasion Crewe win and Vale lose is to post about the Vale. Living Rent Free.

TommoCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Really impressed by Barrow. Look to play football the right way and put us under a lot of pressure, probably deserved the win really. Doubt they’ll trouble the top half too much but can’t see them being in any danger of relegation

From our side obviously frustrating to concede so late. Seeing out 1-0 wins when you’re up against it is probably as much a test of promotion credentials as playing (and beating) Vale and Salford so even though we weren’t at our best we need to be holding out there if we want to remain in the top 3 come May

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle manager seems to think we've been spending loads of money on players and that's why we won? Not sure where he's getting that from or where that money is meant to have come from, we don't have wealthy backers and never spend beyond our means.

Didn't watch the game but sounded as though we deserved the win and Carlisle fan comments on here seem to back that up. Reilly has done us a huge favour bottling that late chance though.
Yeah that surprised me. I think he’s looked at the experience you’ve signed like Sercombe, Williams etc and simply assumed that you must have splashed a bit of cash on wages to get those types of proven players.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We actually had 60% possession and twice as many efforts on goal as Vale in the first half yesterday, prior to the red card. Maybe not a technical shot on target but we hit the bar and Morris spurned another great chance in the first half, plus plenty of dangerous balls into the box.

We are not really suspect defensively if you look at our overall record this season, even under Jackson. We had two of the regular back four missing yesterday, which showed at times.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Yeah that surprised me. I think he’s looked at the experience you’ve signed like Sercombe, Williams etc and simply assumed that you must have splashed a bit of cash on wages to get those types of proven players.

He's not the first to claim it, although it only happens after a defeat.

Our chairman said last week our budget is about midtable for this season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We actually had 60% possession and twice as many efforts on goal as Vale in the first half yesterday, prior to the red card. Maybe not a technical shot on target but we hit the bar and Morris spurned another great chance in the first half, plus plenty of dangerous balls into the box.

We are not really suspect defensively if you look at our overall record this season, even under Jackson. We had two of the regular back four missing yesterday, which showed at times.

Nearly all from range though. Meanwhile we scored two and had one chalked off (looked harsh too and this incident has been largely forgotten in the chaos of the second half).

We are better without the ball the with it, we struggle to break teams down so generally allow opposing sides to have the ball and did that yesterday and with 11 hurt you whilst controlling where and when you had the ball. Done it to a tee the last 18 months. Our issue is games where teams sit back and let us have the ball as we struggle to break teams down (although been better now Amoo is fit). We had 70% of the ball at Morecambe but lost! Similar last week against Kings Lynn.

If your a Rovers fan it’s a great win, but we will rightly from our point of view be absolutely kicking ourselves to throw that away with Joyce’s wreckless decision and then not seeing it out professionally in the last few minutes of injury time. A draw would have been gutting enough but to lose it even worse.

Let’s hope they channel it and use it as a platform to push on now.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I didn't watch it unfortunately, but I've just seen it and I can't believe he missed. Like you said, a proper shit the bed moment.
No excuse for that mix but it looked like it took a deflection and he may have been a bit taken by surprise that it fell to him.

I don't think a point would have been entirely undeserved tbh, we were second best but created enough chances nevertheless to have gotten a draw.

PVFCdyl

Reaction score
Supports
Port vale
Managed to catch up with the highlights of Vale v Rovers

Vale penalty shouldn't have been awarded, their player seeks to make contact with Spearing.
Well-worked second goal.
Red card merited, though ref quick to reach for the card.
Not convinced there was a foul on Pope in the build-up to Rovers first, he cuts across Blackett-Taylor and goes to ground very easily.
Unclear why Vaughan goal disallowed from the footage.
Rovers penalty debatable. It wasn't as dubious as the Vale one but probably not awarded if Vale hadn't been given theirs.
Vale 3rd, good header but Rovers have form for switching off at set pieces.
Couldn't say if 6 minutes added time was merited, but with the subs and goals scored should be at least 4 and Woolery's scored in that. Kieron Morris' screamer worthy of winning any game.

Vale will at least make the play-offs maybe more. Rovers playing catch-up after our poor start, so harder to call, but this squad in the top seven for L2.
I rewatched the highlights, stand by the penalty for us wasn’t a pen, if your player does that you say he’s a genius, if you’re the opposition you say he’s a cheat. It’s part of the game these days whether thats right or wrong is a different debate. The red card is correct, without shin pads that’s a leg breaker, Joyce needs to hang his head in shame, 2-0 up and in the middle of the park is so unnecessary, especially for someone of his age. The foul on Pope is soft but they are given week in week out and that referee was given them all day so why suddenly change? For me that should have been given. The penalty for Tranmere is blatantly not a penalty, he’s gone to kick the ball, missed and resulted in kicking Legge. From the refs angle I can see why he’s thought it’s a foul but the linesman on the far side should have had a perfect view to correct that. I believe the disallowed goal was for handball, personally I don’t see why it was disallowed but we’ve all seen what is considered handball in the premier league this season. Third and fourth goals are just poor defending from us and a great finish! I’m sick to death of seeing Tranmere fans saying on FB and Twitter that they dominated all game and posting the “stats”. Yes, once we went down to 10 men we got battered but that’s to be expected when you’re playing with a man down against a decent side, but to say we were dominated in the first half is just idiotic and shows how little footballing knowledge people have. Teams play different styles, Tranmere clearly wanted possession and vale allowed that, having the ball in midfield/defence isn’t dominating a game. We resulted tranmere to long range efforts in the first half, one of which hit the bar but other than that Brown had nothing to do. 2-0 flattered us, I don’t deny that but we didn’t look like we were conceding unless it was a 25 yard finish. I am disappointed with Askeys response to the red card. My instant reaction was to bring Manny and Rodney on straight away. We needed that extra midfielder back and we needed a player that could just run up front and pressure the Tranmere defence to not be able to build up an attack. Game management was shocking too, we needed to be faking injuries, wasting time, making subs and walking off slow, yes it’s annoying when it’s done to you and you’re chasing the game but when it’s your side doing it you love to see it.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Fantastic, bizarre ,enthralling and controversial game of football at Vale park yesterday. If only I could of been in the Hamil rd stand watching it.
Port Vale looked comfortable at the back and had Vaughan in their back pockets in the first half. When ever Vale broke forwards they looked like they were going to score. Don’t think I’ve seen a more one sided game in the middle of the park though where Vale were chasing shadows all afternoon. The passing and movement of Tranmere’s midfield diamond was sublime at times, which surprised me because we’ve been mostly poor in the middle of the park this season.
This game had it all, good advert for league 2 football.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
The only chances Vale created yesterday were from set plays, aided by some dodgy defending by our makeshift back four. The first save Scott Davies made from open play was from Rodney in the 90th minute.

I don't really buy the idea that they deliberately let us have the ball either. I think we were simply better than them in midfield.

They are well drilled and efficient, but I thought we had more talented players before the game and nothing I saw yesterday changed my mind.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The only chances Vale created yesterday were from set plays, aided by some dodgy defending by our makeshift back four. The first save Scott Davies made from open play was from Rodney in the 90th minute.

I don't really buy the idea that they deliberately let us have the ball either. I think we were simply better than them in midfield.

They are well drilled and efficient, but I thought we had more talented players before the game and nothing I saw yesterday changed my mind.
Could say the same for both sides, Brown barely had a save bar the goals!

We do it all the time against sides, let them have the ball, high press. Week in week out against the better sides and has turned us from a struggling side to one of the favourites.

It’s a battling Vale side but our more talented players are still to return fully. McKirdy, Oyeleke and Montano being three who are better on the ball but what we do works. We struggled the first ten minutes but got to grips with the diamond and were incredibly comfortable until Joyce is sent off.

Even with ten men and loads of the ball it wasn’t exactly chance after chance. (In fact we fashioned Rodney’s which he should do better with and Conlon who should of scored chance also with 10).

11 v 11 it we probably get the third regardless but are still able to hunt down the passing and see it out. As it was the red changed the game and with the one less in midfield the game plan that we’d managed to a tee is gone.

We are not really a team made of overly talented individuals, Worrall is stand out he’s stats are ridiculous but it’s mainly good league two footballers in a solid unit built now over a couple of years from the remains of the Aspin/Smurf mess that Askey inherited.

Salford have by far the most talented squad... bet they don’t go up though.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We are a far better run club than Salford.

We also outpassed Cambridge when we played them a few weeks ago, for what it is worth

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Now i have no time for those plastic mancs down the road, but how are you a better run club than Salford ??
The main owner of Salford proberbly earns more interest in a day than it costs to run Salford in a season
The other 6 owners are in for free publicity nothing more, just to satisfy there egos.
Tranmere are spending way above what they are bringing in. Tranmere outgoings are more than there incomings......

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We are a far better run club than Salford.

We also outpassed Cambridge when we played them a few weeks ago, for what it is worth

Yet didn’t score. Possession is a myth these days. We lost to Cambridge, Morecambe, Carlisle and Kings Lynn prior to yesterday. We actually had more possession in each game than the opposition. People get too caught up in it probably because of Barcelona and the tika taka.

We struggle to break teams down if they are organised and sit in, Amoo returning has improved that and sure if McKirdy can get fully fit and feature he will aid it as they are the types that we’ve missed who can unlock things. Tranmere 11 v 11 was us v Morecambe/Carlisle loads of possession but not able to pick the lock. We have more quality than maybe Morecambe to punish teams that come and have a go at us. Last season we lost only twice against the top half sides because of that. Our issue was beating the weaker teams who park the bus and game management with a lot of late equalisers (that one reared it’s ugly head yesterday!)

It’s clear you’ve got talented midfielders on the ball and are a good side that should be doing better, but against 11 you didn’t seem to have enough to penetrate and create chances. Sort that out you’ll probably be up there.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Yet didn’t score. Possession is a myth these days. We lost to Cambridge, Morecambe, Carlisle and Kings Lynn prior to yesterday. We actually had more possession in each game than the opposition. People get too caught up in it probably because of Barcelona and the tika taka.

We struggle to break teams down if they are organised and sit in, Amoo returning has improved that and sure if McKirdy can get fully fit and feature he will aid it as they are the types that we’ve missed who can unlock things. Tranmere 11 v 11 was us v Morecambe/Carlisle loads of possession but not able to pick the lock. We have more quality than maybe Morecambe to punish teams that come and have a go at us. Last season we lost only twice against the top half sides because of that. Our issue was beating the weaker teams who park the bus and game management with a lot of late equalisers (that one reared it’s ugly head yesterday!)

It’s clear you’ve got talented midfielders on the ball and are a good side that should be doing better, but against 11 you didn’t seem to have enough to penetrate and create chances. Sort that out you’ll probably be up there.
We can't penetrate or create chances? We scored four goals against you in thirty minutes of football, despite you camping your whole team in your own half.

There is lots of invention and creativity in our squad with Blackett Taylor, Feeney, Lloyd, Morris, Kahn among others.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

We didn’t park the bus against you, maybe morecambe did but we definitely didn’t. We are absolutely shite when we sit back and play deep. I think we’d have likely lost that match had we done that. Just doesn’t suit our players at all, we ain’t street wise enough to do that.

Vale on Trent

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Typical Port Vale. At half time being 2-0 up I thought we would of cruised to victory.

The sending off obviously changed the game but fair play to Tranmere, they still scored 4 goals (and had one disallowed) in that second half which is no mean feat. Joyce let us down badly, silly challenge which is asking for trouble.

However, we shouldn’t be throwing away a 2 goal lead and then concede 2 goals in additional time. We do seem to panic a lot and end up retreating which is a worry.

It’s a shame because we could quite easily be sitting in joint 3rd now and with a game in hand.

I believe we are a good team still, we just need to dust ourselves down and go again. It was one of those crazy games which we unfortunately on the wrong end of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!