The ‘who is joining us from L2 next season then’ thread

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Who will it be? At one point Southend looked absolutely doomed, to the point one their fans popped on here to say hello. But an upturn in form means it’s by no means certain now. It’s from Vale downwards I reckon. Could it be Grimsby, whose situation looks pretty bleak, and Vale, one of the pre-season promotion faves (we know that feeling) in a brotherhood double relegation shocker?

94CFBBAE-9A48-4206-9A6E-DEB77DF7F22D.jpeg

Last edited:

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Not looking great for Grimsby who seemingly lose every week and hardly score, Southend and Barrow are picking up occasional wins that should cause concern for Port Vale and Colchester who are both falling at a rate of knots.

Reading the League 2 forum Carlisle in... let me check...13th, also think they're going down, but they've always been mental set of posters, so probably disregard.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Not looking great for Grimsby who seemingly lose every week and hardly score, Southend and Barrow are picking up occasional wins that should cause concern for Port Vale and Colchester who are both falling at a rate of knots.

Reading the League 2 forum Carlisle in... let me check...13th, also think they're going down, but they've always been mental set of posters, so probably disregard.

Aye, weird old season in L2. Last time I looked Carlisle were just off the top with a load of games in hand. Top 4 of Cheltenham, Cambridge, Forest Green and Morecambe, all formerly of this parish, as the season enters the final straight, wouldn’t have been predicted by many. The ‘bigger’ clubs starting to come through now though, wouldn’t be surprised to see Bolton nick an autos slot late on.

I imagine it will be very disheartening for Grimsby to come back down here, like Vale I seem to recall plenty of pre-season optimism at BP.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Who will it be? At one point Southend looked absolutely doomed, to the point one their fans popped on here to say hello. But an upturn in form means it’s by no means certain now. It’s from Vale downwards I reckon. Could it be Grimsby, whose situation looks pretty bleak, and Vale, one of the pre-season promotion faves (we know that feeling) in a brotherhood double relegation shocker?

View attachment 13941
I see things are starting to look precarious for that play off chasing side sat in 19th..:ohn:

Looking at those in the mix, Port Vale seem to be in and around those relegation places for the past few seasons now (Barring last year tbf to them) and have always managed to get a bit of a run going to save themselves just in time... got a feeling that this may be there year, can only play with fire for so long before you end up getting burnt!

As for Grimsby, they’re looking hopeless right now and i can’t see how a team in that type of form will be able to make such a drastic turnaround, So my guess would be Grimsby and the Vale.

Hollywood Red

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Grimsby sinking like a stone and think Barrow will come down with them

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I can definetly see Barra staying up despite literally everyone in the universe who's ever lived being absolutely certain they're going down.

Southend and sadly Grimsby for me.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Grimsby sinking like a stone and think Barrow will come down with them
Yeah I think it'll be these two. Southend probably deserve to come down but I feel like they'll just about stay up.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Vale have been doing a Notts and flirting with this every year despite new managers, takeovers, squads that should be great on paper. I think they’ll go. Mansfield would obviously be funny, but they’ll have enough I imagine.

I hope Barrow stay up. As much as I found them quite annoying last season, that was mostly Ian Evatt who’s fucked off anyway, and it’d be so harsh for them to finally get back after so long and none of their fans be able to really experience it.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Grimsby are looking nailed on. Hardly surprising though having watched the Efl show last night I was surprised to see Lennell John Lewis leading the line. He wasn't even that good in this league let alone the league above.

From a selfish point of view I'd rather Port Vale came down than say a Barrow. Be bangers week after week if we only lose one brotherhood team in the race for promotion.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Games between us and FC Robbie Williams always used to spark trouble. I'd rather we faced them in the league, that fixture has no business taking place in non league.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Games between us and FC Robbie Williams always used to spark trouble. I'd rather we faced them in the league, that fixture has no business taking place in non league.
But you love it here. What other reason do you have for sticking around for so long

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

Its probably about time R&R saw the reality of some of our less progressive fans. Busloads of idiots from Stoke and the local neanderthals chucking bricks at each other in the street will be a real eye opener.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Port vale vs Absolutely anyone always sparks trouble... they seem to have more than the standard ‘scrotebag’ type supporter than most..

Always enjoy our games against the Vale though, there’s normally something riding on it when we play them whether that be at the right end of the league or the wrong end, so that’s probably why they’re normally intense games

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Port vale vs Absolutely anyone always sparks trouble... they seem to have more than the standard ‘scrotebag’ type supporter than most..

Always enjoy our games against the Vale though, there’s normally something riding on it when we play them whether that be at the right end of the league or the wrong end, so that’s probably why they’re normally intense games

Not entirely true, you get some trouble with big away followings but it’s rare, especially since the take over. Unless someone is coming down with trouble makers you never see any at all and last season big games went off without any issue.

Wrexham was always spicy as an example, that game in 2003 was absolute chaos, awful referee decisions and the atmosphere with the huge away following just boiled over. Hopefully nothing like that is seen again.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
After the disgraceful saving of Stevenage last season it's only right they they come down but they look safe. Barrow were always coming immediately back down, pointless promotion if ever I saw one.

Grimsby seem to have been bumbling around the bottom of that league since they went up, looks like their time to return and with no complaints.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Wrexham was always spicy as an example, that game in 2003 was absolute chaos, awful referee decisions and the atmosphere with the huge away following just boiled over. Hopefully nothing like that is seen again.
I dunno, a lot of people running about a housing estate looking hard and throwing garden gnomes at each other is pure comedy.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
In terms of our prospects we probably need another 10-12 points, we’ve had massive injury problems to key players like Worrall, Amoo, Gibbons and Pope, so depends how quickly we can get them back for the run in. We battered Southend 5-1 and Grimsby 3-0 in January and felt we’d easily stay ahead of those two, Southend was men against boys but they’ve since then starting grinding results out. We’ve played better under Clarke in terms of defensively (apart from yesterday) but in fairness until we get bodies back it’s going to be a struggle.

Oddly we started like the pre season favourites should and had 19 points from 10... then a really strange loss to KL in the cup where we pretty much did everything but score and they nicked a sucker punch has seen us lose our shit and plummet since then. Why the change mentally in our players who knows.

I thought the horrors of 17/18 and 18/19 were gone with Smurf going and the progress last season but alas here we are... if we do come down we will probably come down in the best off field shape a team has come down in strangely with great owners and the last few weeks the football structure that has been put in place and financial backing but have seen enough clubs of similar size go down and take a long time to come back (some still haven’t) to know it’s a huge few weeks ahead for the club.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
Grimsby are done for, barring a miracle. I know it only takes a result or two to change the look of everything, but I'd think they need seven wins from 15 and they've only won six all season. Southend's form has been pretty reasonable for the past few months and Barrow's results under Rob Kelly have been better than their two permanent managers which gives them a decent shout too.

Tuesday night is our only win in the past 16, as well as being the first time we've even taken the lead in a game since early December. Even then, Carlisle had battered us for 70 minutes and we were fortunate to still be in the game.

At the moment, it's looking like a huge three points. I think we'll be fine and a large part of that is still having home games to come against Port Vale, Barrow and Southend, but we're definitely very much in this.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Grimsby are just trying to avoid Sutton. Got promoted to the league in 2016 when we came up and now we could possibly swap places.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
As mentioned above, Grimsby are sadly gone; they've no chance of pulling off some great escape a la Newport did in 2017 (5 wins from the last 7 games IIRC). There's just not enough quality in their first team squad. But the other spot's up for grabs and it's a bit hard to say which side it's going to be. Southend may have that little bit more quality than Barrow have esp. at the back but they just don't score enough goals. Do not let their - 26 GD mislead you, that was when they were playing the kids and getting spanked game in game out.

It's between those two sides IMO, Port Vale and Col U should be safe with a couple more wins.

PS - Personally if I were a fan of a top NL side with promotion aspirations then I wouldn't want Port Vale, Col U and Grimsby down here as I would want less genuine promotion contenders not more. OTOH, I imagine Barrow and Southend will pose less of a threat to that one automatic promotion spot.

3 Up 3 Down please. Just the one guaranteed promotion spot in a 24 team league is ridiculous.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Not entirely true, you get some trouble with big away followings but it’s rare, especially since the take over. Unless someone is coming down with trouble makers you never see any at all and last season big games went off without any issue.

All the times we‘ve played PV , i’ve never seen any trouble,even the times we had some right lunatics following us.
I have seen somewhere a video of loads of Vale fans going into the home end at Grimsby though.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Grimsby and Barrow will be the two to go, Southend every now and then pull a freak result out of the bag and I’m sure they will have enough to stay up.
And as has been alluded to before, we are already gone, and fully deserving of it too.

karlready

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot (and Boreham Wood, apparently )
Hope Southend are reprieved; manager Mark Molesley a folk hero in Aldershot, and we’d all wish him success. Poor old Grimsby struggled for so long to escape last time, and they must be in despair up there. But they look doomed. Don’t want Port Vale, another heavyweight down here in the basement ; Barrow will do, another bunch of perpetual strugglers much like us. Not that it matters anyway, we ain’t going anywhere any time soon..

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
I am just about erring on the side that we will manage to cobble enough to just get out of it but it is increasingly more hope than expectation.

If we were to come down I've seen Vanni above mention about others not wanting us down here to lessen the promotion contenders I wouldn't bank on that at all. While I would guess the bookies etc will look at some of the individual players in our squad and have us high up the list of contenders but while some are in fact talented almost to a man they have pea-sized hearts and crumble at the first sign of any pressure or adversity. A lot of our games follow a similar pattern where we start well pushing the opposition back albeit not really troubling the keeper, quickly lose heart and get caught out so long story short teams would probably be queueing up to play us.

The way we were so ineffective against Kings Lynn in the cup (where our slide started really) wouldn't bode well for us.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah, we're going down.

However, I think we've got a slightly better chance than everyone in here is saying and we'll make a fist of it but probably fall too short. We've still got Barrow, Colchester and Mansfield to come in the next couple of weeks, if we can pick up a couple of wins there it might be on.

We were absolutely robbed by the ref on Saturday, which just smacks of the kind of shit that happens when you go down. Performances have picked up a bit recently.

Grimsby are looking nailed on. Hardly surprising though having watched the Efl show last night I was surprised to see Lennell John Lewis leading the line. He wasn't even that good in this league let alone the league above.

From a selfish point of view I'd rather Port Vale came down than say a Barrow. Be bangers week after week if we only lose one brotherhood team in the race for promotion.
LJL was quality in this division in 2014/15 and he's looking better than some of the dross we've had up top this season.

After the disgraceful saving of Stevenage last season it's only right they they come down but they look safe. Barrow were always coming immediately back down, pointless promotion if ever I saw one.

Grimsby seem to have been bumbling around the bottom of that league since they went up, looks like their time to return and with no complaints.
We can't complain about the performances on the pitch, we've been shite for ages. However, we've been ran so incompetently since we came back up that there's definitely grounds for us to feel aggrieved as a set of fans. We'll hopefully have new owners next season though, so we'll be ready to piss this tinpot league.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
We can't complain about the performances on the pitch, we've been shite for ages. However, we've been ran so incompetently since we came back up that there's definitely grounds for us to feel aggrieved as a set of fans. We'll hopefully have new owners next season though, so we'll be ready to piss this tinpot league.
Oi, it's our time next season. Wait your turn.

Stoney Ground

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Don’t mind who comes down as long as it’s not Barrow, spent enough evenings there to know it’s a dam awful place.

Just need Sutton and Borehamwood to go up, need all you big boys down here to remind us we are tinpot and not worthy, plus our fans deserve a few good days out.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Don’t mind who comes down as long as it’s not Barrow, spent enough evenings there to know it’s a dam awful place.

Just need Sutton and Borehamwood to go up, need all you big boys down here to remind us we are tinpot and not worthy, plus our fans deserve a few good days out.
Spoken like a true tinpotter.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I am just about erring on the side that we will manage to cobble enough to just get out of it but it is increasingly more hope than expectation.

If we were to come down I've seen Vanni above mention about others not wanting us down here to lessen the promotion contenders I wouldn't bank on that at all. While I would guess the bookies etc will look at some of the individual players in our squad and have us high up the list of contenders but while some are in fact talented almost to a man they have pea-sized hearts and crumble at the first sign of any pressure or adversity. A lot of our games follow a similar pattern where we start well pushing the opposition back albeit not really troubling the keeper, quickly lose heart and get caught out so long story short teams would probably be queueing up to play us.

The way we were so ineffective against Kings Lynn in the cup (where our slide started really) wouldn't bode well for us.

A lot would be let go in fairness and at least Clarke has been there and done it down the National League.

You’d build the squad around the young lads like Rodney, Gibbons, Smith and Taylor and probably see Pope give it a year to try and help get us back.

Obviously the interesting ones would be Worrall for example who’d probably be the best player in that level by miles, he’s under contract so would hope we’d resist losing him as he’d be key and then look at building around that, move on the injury prone lads and the useless ones like Theo Robinson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!