Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
navigate_up_256_zpso3xlwurv.png
8. The Inbetweeners *
Points: 190 | Lists: 17 | Number One's: 1 | 2013 Position: 9th | 2011 Position: 22nd
Seasons: 3 | Episodes: 18

A joy to watch whilst I was coming up to finishing school myself whilst it was running on E4. Gay Cartwright.

The Inbetweeners is a British sitcom that originally aired on E4 from 2008 to 2010. Created and written by Damon Beesley and Iain Morris, the show followed the life of suburban teenager Will McKenzie (Simon Bird) and his three friends at the fictional Rudge Park Comprehensive. The episodes involved situations of school bullying, broken family life, indifferent school staff, male bonding, and largely failed sexual encounters.

Although it aired for only two years, the show was nominated for 'Best Situation Comedy' at BAFTA twice, in 2009 and 2010. At the British Academy Television Awards 2010, it won the Audience Award, and in 2010 the show won the Best Sitcom award at the British Comedy Awards. In the 2011 British Comedy Awards, the show also won the award for Outstanding Contribution to British Comedy. The Inbetweeners Movie was released on 17 August 2011 to box office success, and a sequel followed on 6 August 2014.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
7. The Sopranos *
Points: 203 | Lists: 13 | Number One's: 1 | 2013 Position: 8th | 2011 Position: 10th
Seasons: 6 | Episodes: 86

Fantastic piece of TV. Tony Soprano is a ruthless guy and this is one of few TV shows that I haven't wanted to end when they did. Knobby Baccalieri.

Like Lost, The Sopranos achieves its third consecutive top ten finish. The Sopranos is an American crime drama, revolving around the fictional character and family of New Jersey-based Italian American mobster Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini). The show portrays the difficulties he faces as he tries to balance the conflicting requirements of his home life and his criminal organization. These are often highlighted during his therapy sessions with psychiatrist Jennifer Melfi (Lorraine Bracco). The series features Tony's family members and Mafia colleagues and rivals in prominent roles and story arcs, most notably his wife Carmela (Edie Falco) and protégé Christopher Moltisanti (Michael Imperioli).

After a pilot was ordered in 1997, the show premiered on the premium cable network HBO in the United States in January 1999, and ended its original run of six seasons and 86 episodes in June 2007.

The Sopranos has been regarded by some as the greatest television series of all time. The series also won a multitude of awards, including Peabody Awards for its first two seasons, 21 Primetime Emmy Awards and five Golden Globe Awards. Several members of the show's cast and crew who were previously largely unknown to the public have had successful careers after The Sopranos. In 2013, the Writers Guild of America named The Sopranos the best-written TV series of all time.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
The Sopranos is just fucking brilliant. Probably my favourite mafia based thing out there, which is saying something considering how great the likes of The Godfather and Goodfellas are. It's a show that I think everybody needs to try to get around to seeing before they die.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
6. The Office *
Points: 222 | Lists: 17 | Number One's: 1 | 2013 Position: 14th | 2011 Position: 4th
Seasons: 2 | Episodes: 14

Sometimes complaints will be false.

Probably the finest comedy programme ever. Cringey, hilarious and very re-watchable

The Office is a mockumentary sitcom that was first broadcast in the United Kingdom on BBC Two in July 2001. Created, written, and directed by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, the programme is about the day-to-day lives of office employees in the Slough branch of the fictitious Wernham Hogg Paper Company. Gervais also stars in the series, playing the central character, David Brent.

Two six-episode series were made, along with a pair of 45-minute Christmas specials. When it was first shown on BBC Two, it was nearly cancelled due to low ratings, but has since become one of the most successful of all British comedy exports. As well as being shown internationally on BBC Worldwide, channels such as BBC Prime, BBC America and BBC Canada, the series has been sold to broadcasters in over 80 countries, including ABC1 in Australia, The Comedy Network in Canada, TVNZ in New Zealand and the pan-Asian satellite channel STAR World, based in Hong Kong. The show began airing in The United States on Cartoon Network's late night programing block, Adult Swim from September 2009 until 2012.

The show centres around themes of social clumsiness, the trivialities of human behaviour, self-importance and conceit, frustration and desperation and fame.

The success of the show led to a number of localised adaptations (based upon its basic story and themes) being produced for the television markets of other nations, resulting in an international Office franchise.

SALTIRE

Slàinte mhath!
Reaction score
Supports
A guid dram
The Sopranos is just fucking brilliant. Probably my favourite mafia based thing out there, which is saying something considering how great the likes of The Godfather and Goodfellas are. It's a show that I think everybody needs to try to get around to seeing before they die.
It became repetitive and dull around season four and I stopped watching midway through.

Cheese & Biscuits

Reaction score
Supports
Daggers
Sopranos - never seen
The Inbetweeners - seen about 2 minutes of it
The Office - I love it. Probably the best comedy ever.

Murphy

Bloody Nice Chap
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham & Redbridge and Stephen Mulhern.
Twitter
@NickMurphy1995
Love the Office and Inbetweeners. Two great picks.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
This will be concluding this weekend. :eek:

Will The Simpsons or Breaking Bad claim a second crown? Will the hype around Game of Thrones take it to the top? Or will it be something else?

#BadGirlsToWin

This Charming Mike

Reaction score
Supports
Strong Style
Think it'll be Breaking Bad again. It's still relatively fresh and the rise of Netflix over here will only have added to its popularity.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
navigate-down_zpsixmawpp5.png
5. The Wire *******
Points: 263 | Lists: 17 | Number One's: 7 | 2013 Position: 3rd | 2011 Position: 2nd
Seasons: 5 | Episodes: 60

Great TV show, featuring some epic and memorable characters. Omar Skittle.

Simply put, the greatest TV series ever made. I’ve never seen that matches the depth, breadth and realism of it.

Some of the best character development and acting of any show ever. By the end, you were left wondering who were the good guys and who were the bad. A large part of the cast were drawn from the local community, and elements of the story were drawn from the personal experiences of the shows creator, David Simon, and it showed in creating a realistic, gritty portrayal of life in the Baltimore projects, where major characters were killed off without any major Hollywood-esque actions sequences because that's just what happens.

The Wire was widely expected to win back in 2011, but has slipped down in each list since. It is however one of only two shows to hold a top five finish in each Top 100.

The show is an American crime drama set and produced in and around Baltimore, Maryland. Created and primarily written by author and former police reporter David Simon, the series was broadcast by the premium cable network HBO in the United States. The Wire premiered in June 2002, and ended in March 2008.

Each season of The Wire introduces a different institution in the city of Baltimore and its relationship to law enforcement. In chronological order they are: the illegal drug trade, the seaport system, the city government and bureaucracy, the school system, and the print news media, while continuing on characters/plots from previous seasons. The large cast consists mainly of character actors who are little known for their other roles, as well as numerous guest and recurring appearances by real-life Baltimore and Maryland figures. Simon has said that despite its presentation as a crime drama, the show is "really about the American city, and about how we live together. It's about how institutions have an effect on individuals. Whether one is a cop, a longshoreman, a drug dealer, a politician, a judge or a lawyer, all are ultimately compromised and must contend with whatever institution to which they are committed."

Despite receiving only average ratings and never winning major television awards, The Wire has been described by many critics as one of the greatest TV dramas of all time. The show is recognized for its realistic portrayal of urban life, its literary thematics, and its uncommonly deep exploration of social and political themes.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
4. Only Fools and Horses *****
Points: 293 | Lists: 22 | Number One's: 5 | 2013 Position: 7th | 2011 Position: 6th
Seasons: 7 | Episodes: 64

Best comedy ever made, with many great characters. John Sullivan was a genius.

What's there to say? It's rare for a comedy to be such a long running programme and still make you laugh but this does it. It has produced some of the most iconic scenes in British comedy.

It's a highest ever finish for Only Fools and Horses. The show is a British television sitcom created and written by John Sullivan. Seven series were originally broadcast on BBC One in the United Kingdom from 1981 to 1991, with nine sporadic Christmas specials until its end in 2003.

Set in Peckham in south London, it stars David Jason as ambitious market trader Derek "Del Boy" Trotter, Nicholas Lyndhurst as his younger half-brother Rodney "Rodders" Trotter, and Lennard Pearce as their elderly Grandad. After Pearce's death in 1984, his character was replaced by Del and Rodney's Uncle Albert (Buster Merryfield). Backed by a strong supporting cast, the series follows the Trotters' highs and lows in life, in particular their attempts to get rich.

The show went on to achieve consistently high ratings, and the 1996 episode "Time On Our Hands" holds the record for the highest UK audience for a sitcom episode, attracting 24.3 million viewers (over a third of the population). Critically and popularly acclaimed, the series received numerous awards, including recognition from BAFTA, the National Television Awards and the Royal Television Society, as well as winning individual accolades for both Sullivan and Jason.

The series had an impact on British culture, contributing several words and phrases to the English language. It spawned an extensive range of merchandise, including books, DVDs, toys and board games. A spin-off series, The Green Green Grass, ran for four series in the UK from 2005 to 2009. A prequel, Rock & Chips, ran for three specials in 2010 and 2011. A special Sport Relief episode aired in March 2014, guest starring David Beckham.

So, that leaves us with three shows. Two of which have won this before, one of which has not. Will one be claiming a second crown, or will we have a new show at the top of the list? Find out tomorrow!!!

BCFC Jordan

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
I think Only Fools was my No.1

Timeless show and holds a special place in my heart.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and The Simpsons left then...

I'll go:

3: Breaking Bad.
2: Game of Thrones.
1: The Simpsons.

But wouldn't be surprised to see that completely the other way around :lol:

Cheese & Biscuits

Reaction score
Supports
Daggers
Only fools was 7th on mine. It's a shame they brought it back for a final series as it was almost perfect until that point. Excellent comedy.

My guess at the order of the top 3 is;

1. GOT
2. BB
3. Simpsons

Game of Thrones seems to be immensely popular on here. Breaking Bad is by far the better of the 3 though.

Murphy

Bloody Nice Chap
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham & Redbridge and Stephen Mulhern.
Twitter
@NickMurphy1995
Only Fools topped my list - absolutely love it. One of those programmes where I can pick up any episode and watch it straight off the bat (and regularly do). The card game episode and Wock 'n Woll ones are my favourites personally.

blade1889

sir
Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
As much as I like the Simpsons it shouldn't be near the top5 for me, I'm guessing it will owe a lot to being likes by many without being top of many lists

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
As much as I like the Simpsons it shouldn't be near the top5 for me, I'm guessing it will owe a lot to being likes by many without being top of many lists

Finished 1st in 2011, and 2nd in 2013!!!

markpvfc

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I had Only Fools as no1. Of the remaining 3 I have GoT in 7th, never watched Breaking Bad and the Simpsons is a sack of shit.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
navigate-down_zpsixmawpp5.png
3. The Simpsons **
Points: 347 | Lists: 29 | Number One's: 2 | 2013 Position: 2nd | 2011 Position: 1st
Seasons: 26 | Episodes: 574

latest

"JUST EAT THE DAMN ORANGES!"

Has only fallen down from my previous lists due to the more recent series'. Yet I still watch it in hope that it returns to past glories. It probably ever won't, but I don't want to give up on something I've watched for this long. Homer Gimpson.

This will most likely always and forever take the number one spot. When it was at its best it's untouchable, and even at it's worst when it became more about guest stars than telling great stories it's still fine (even though I know I'm in a minority saying that).

The Simpsons finishes on more lists than any other show, but that isn't enough to stop it from slipping down one place despite actually picking up 39 more points than in 2013, and being on more lists than in both previous Top 100's (25 in 2013, 28 in 2011).

As I'm sure none of you need to be told, The Simpsons is an American animated sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical depiction of a middle class American lifestyle epitomized by the Simpson family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield and parodies American culture, society, television, and many aspects of the human condition.

The family was conceived by Groening shortly before a solicitation for a series of animated shorts with the producer James L. Brooks. Groening created a dysfunctional family and named the characters after members of his own family, substituting Bart for his own name. The shorts became a part of The Tracey Ullman Show on April 19, 1987. After a three-season run, the sketch was developed into a half-hour prime time show and was an early hit for Fox, becoming the network's first series to land in the Top 30 ratings in a season (1989–90).

Since its debut on December 17, 1989, the series has broadcast 574 episodes, and the 26th season began on September 28, 2014. The Simpsons is the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program, and in 2009 it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest-running American scripted primetime television series. The Simpsons Movie, a feature-length film, was released in theatres worldwide on July 27, 2007, and grossed over $527 million. On October 28, 2014, executive producer Al Jean announced that season 27 had started production, renewing the series through the 2015–16 season. On May 4, 2015, the series was officially renewed for seasons 27 and 28, consisting of 22 episodes each.

The Simpsons has received widespread critical acclaim. Time magazine named it the 20th century's best television series, and The A.V. Club named it "television's crowning achievement regardless of format". On January 14, 2000, the Simpson family was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It has won dozens of awards since it debuted as a series, including 31 Primetime Emmy Awards, 30 Annie Awards, and a Peabody Award. Homer's exclamatory catchphrase "D'oh!" has been adopted into the English language, while The Simpsons has influenced many adult-oriented animated sitcoms.

mowgli

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe Wanderers
The Simpsons was decent until at least 10 years ago.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
Well, it seems as though we don't have a new winner as Game of Thrones just falls short. GoT led for large spells as the lists were coming in, but lost its place at the top towards the end. Its downfall here is the lack of number one finishes. To finish this high up with only one top position is quite remarkable.

2. Game of Thrones *

Points: 402 | Lists: 24 | Number One's: 1 | 2013 Position: 4th | 2011 Position: 74th
Seasons: 5 | Episodes: 50

Game-of-Thrones-Free-Logo-Download.jpg

Good adaption of the books (until recently).

Brilliant show. Everything seems to be spot on and they've adapted the environment from the books to the screen perfectly. Slothrey Baratheon.

Will probably be my number one once its finished, everything about it, from the cast to the story to the settings are what makes it what it is, fantastic show.

Yes, I'm putting it above Lost. It's probably more to do with the fact that I haven't seen Lost in a long time now, whereas this is on right now, but my god I love Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones is an American fantasy drama series created for HBO, and is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, George R.R Martin's series of fantasy novels (the first of which is titles A Game of Thrones). Filmed in a Belfast studio and on location elsewhere in Northern Ireland, Croatia, Iceland, Morocco, Spain, Malta, Scotland, and the United States, it premiered on HBO in the United States in April 17 2011. The series has been renewed for a sixth season.

The series, set on the fictional continents of Westeros and Essos interweaves several plot lines with a broad ensemble cast. The first narrative arc follows a civil war among several noble houses for the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms; the second covers the attempts of the exiled last scion of the realm's deposed ruling dynasty to reclaim the throne; the third chronicles the rising threat of the impending winter and the legendary creatures and fierce peoples of the North.

Game of Thrones has attracted record numbers of viewers on HBO and obtained an exceptionally broad and active international fan base. It has received widespread acclaim by critics, although its frequent use of nudity, violence and sexual violence has attracted criticism. The series has won numerous awards and nominations, including a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Drama Series for its first four seasons, a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Television Series – Drama, a Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation in both Long Form and Short Form, and a Peabody Award. Among the ensemble cast, Peter Dinklage has won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for his performance as Tyrion Lannister.

Your winner for a second consecutive time, is Breaking Bad! Back in 2013, many may have thought that hype surrounding the shows conclusion had led to it winning. This proves those people wrong.

1. Breaking Bad *******
Points: 453 | Lists: 27 | Number One's: 7 | 2013 Position: 1st | 2011 Position: 36th
Seasons: 5 | Episodes: 62

breaking-bad.png

The show really pulls you in with two very likeable main characters and you end up going on a journey with them that you'd never foresee coming when you first read the show's premise.

"Yo you ain't goin in the basement bitch! You got that? Is that sinking in?!"

Usually a teacher hanging out with one of their former students is a bit weird, but this story helped create the best TV show around. Walter Shite.

I'm not a huge fan of American TV but Breaking Bad is one I managed to watch (and re-watch) all the way through. Crawl Space is one of my favourite episodes of any show.

Breaking Bad is an American crime drama created and produced by Vince Gilligan. The show originally aired on the AMC network for five seasons, from January 2008, to September 2013. It tells the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer, who, together with his former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), turns to a life of crime, producing and selling crystallized methamphetamine to secure his family's financial future before he dies. The title is from a Southern colloquialism meaning to "raise hell". Breaking Bad is set and was filmed in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Walter's family consists of his wife Skyler (Anna Gunn) and children, Walter, Jr. a.k.a. Flynn (RJ Mitte) and Holly (Elanor Anne Wenrich). The show also features Skyler's sister Marie Schrader (Betsy Brandt), and her husband Hank (Dean Norris), a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agent. Walter hires lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), who connects him with private investigator and fixer Mike Ehrmantraut (Jonathan Banks) and in turn Mike's employer, drug kingpin Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito). The final season introduces the characters of Todd Alquist (Jesse Plemons) and Lydia Rodarte-Quayle (Laura Fraser).

Breaking Bad is widely regarded as one of the greatest television series of all time. By the time the series finale aired, the series was among the most-watched cable shows on American television. The show received numerous awards, including sixteen Primetime Emmy Awards, eight Satellite Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, two Peabody Awards and a People's Choice Award. For his leading performance, Cranston won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series four times. In 2013, Breaking Bad entered the Guinness World Records as the highest rated show of all time.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
For comparison purposes, here are the Top 10's from all three Top 100's...

1. The Simpsons (411pts)
2. The Wire (368pts)
3. South Park (322pts)
4. The Office (244pts)
5. Lost (212pts)
6. Only Fools and Horses (207pts)
7. I'm Alan Partridge (191pts)
8. Peep Show (174pts)
9. Father Ted (169pts)
10. The Sopranos (158pts)

1. Breaking Bad (354pts)
2. The Simpsons (308pts)
3. The Wire (278pts)
4. Game of Thrones (246pts)
5. South Park (209pts)
6. Peep Show (179pts)
7. Only Fools and Horses (172pts)
8. The Sopranos (165pts)
9. The Inbetweeners (158pts)
10. Lost (155pts)

1. Breaking Bad (453pts)
2. Game of Thrones (402pts)
3. The Simpsons (347pts)
4. Only Fools and Horses (293pts)
5. The Wire (263pts)
6. The Office (222pts)
7. The Sopranos (203pts)
8. The Inbetweeners (190pts)
9. Lost (188pts)
10. The Walking Dead (162pts)

Cardsfan

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Good job James, cheers for running it.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Yeah good job Rummy even managed to finish before Sept!

Imbetweeners, Simpson and Only Fools the only three in the top 10 on my list.

Haven't watched Simpson I'm years but considering it is still going strong says something about it.

Only Fools is just one-off those shows you can watch again and again and still laugh at it.

Watched season 1 of Got it was OK but never been bothered to watch any more and saw about two episodes of breaking bad. Can't be bothered with TV these days especially when I need to watch loads of episodes and series

Going on op to Cyprus for 6 months soon maybe I will watch afew there.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Cheers for running this James, was a good read.

After Breaking Bad won this last time, I went and bought it on Blu Ray... and it turned out that 1FF wasn't wrong, as I absolutely loved it. I can't argue with it being in the overall top spot. I was one of the two people to put The Simpsons in the top spot as well... if it had finished at season 13 or so, I'd assume it would walk these sorts of lists every single time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!