Top 6 Bottom 3 - 2015/16 Season Predictions.

thespus

Reaction score
Supports
Arsenal
Well the fact he stared with this sentence ' Quite surprised at the amount of people predicting Chelsea to win the league'
is surely enough?

Phil likes to offer differing opinions, but he watches more football (both quantity and variety) than the majority of our posters. I think he offers the occasional shocking opinion, but he's a superb football poster and valuable to the form for his willingness to play devil's advocate.

He mixed up the names Mancini and Pellegrini (we're not perfect), but he isn't incorrect about one of City's biggest weaknesses being tactical. He's rightly predicted their struggles in Europe for years now.

Ghost#8

Reaction score
Supports
Tottenham
How come?

Chelsea are quite simply more stable than the other top sides. Man Utd have recruited well and will be better for it. Some Man City players just don't seem hungry anymore but they should still be better than Arsenal.

Cardsfan

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Chelsea are quite simply more stable than the other top sides. Man Utd have recruited well and will be better for it. Some Man City players just don't seem hungry anymore but they should still be better than Arsenal.
I meant the Watford/Bournemouth bit which I bolded

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
We seem to have so many new players - the question is can they gel and unite into a team which can get results.

Our fans seem to be quite excited at the potential of our signings but the Premier league is a different beast to most others...

Last edited:

Ghost#8

Reaction score
Supports
Tottenham
I meant the Watford/Bournemouth bit which I bolded

A lack of experienced and class players. Bournemouth have done extremely well to go up but with their current squad they'll find the PL a step too far. Same goes for Watford, who have also gone straight back down on the two previous occasions. It won't be different this time around.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
Phil likes to offer differing opinions, but he watches more football (both quantity and variety) than the majority of our posters. I think he offers the occasional shocking opinion, but he's a superb football poster and valuable to the form for his willingness to play devil's advocate.

He mixed up the names Mancini and Pellegrini (we're not perfect), but he isn't incorrect about one of City's biggest weaknesses being tactical. He's rightly predicted their struggles in Europe for years now.
I'm sure he is a good poster, but that first sentence wondering why Chelsea were everyone's favourite was a bit stupid. I mean no offence with my posts btw to anyone.

SUTSS

Survivor Champion 2015
Reaction score
Supports
Norwich City
I think Watford could be in danger of signing too many players. I think the momentum of promotion can pick you up points in the early stages of the season which Watford could risk losing and becoming disjointed.

I've not been convinced by Bournemouth's signings but I think a few people are underestimating them. They don't have a lot of household names but that doesn't mean they don't have good players.

Whereas we have a good core of a squad but have so far failed to really improve it which is beginning to become a worry. Hopefully this will change soon.

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
A single unitary authority for urban Dorset
I agree regarding Watford. A lot of signings, with all sorts of different nationalities and languages, several of which might be very talented but haven't played in England before. It's a gamble. We all know what the Watford model of working is under that ownership, it's not unexpected. Makes it interesting.

I'd feel much more confident with just a couple of more 'proven' signings. I don't think we're hugely off the mark but I would worry a bit if the season started tomorrow. Going in with almost a whole squad new to this, except a couple veterans and a few briefly experienced, would seem to be asking a lot.

I've been a bit puzzled by Norwich so far. They started the summer in the strongest position of the 3 for me, but clearly they'd need some tweaks and upgrades, yet they've seemingly sat still. I'm sure they're just trying to find the rights players at the right prices like us, and it isn't easy when every club the world over demands huge money because of the crazy finances here.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Also we all know how quick players are to start moaning if they sign but don't play which could well happen - particularly if they have come from abroad.

We've had that isuse in the past - Lloyd Dyer for example.

I just hope they haven't joined just for the money and because it is the Premier league - they actually want to do to well and perform (I think Capoue and Behrami would) but not so sure about some of the others?

That Holebas guy for example - good player but he didn't exactly seem that keen or in a great rush to join.

SUTSS

Survivor Champion 2015
Reaction score
Supports
Norwich City
I agree regarding Watford. A lot of signings, with all sorts of different nationalities and languages, several of which might be very talented but haven't played in England before. It's a gamble. We all know what the Watford model of working is under that ownership, it's not unexpected. Makes it interesting.

I'd feel much more confident with just a couple of more 'proven' signings. I don't think we're hugely off the mark but I would worry a bit if the season started tomorrow. Going in with almost a whole squad new to this, except a couple veterans and a few briefly experienced, would seem to be asking a lot.

I've been a bit puzzled by Norwich so far. They started the summer in the strongest position of the 3 for me, but clearly they'd need some tweaks and upgrades, yet they've seemingly sat still. I'm sure they're just trying to find the rights players at the right prices like us, and it isn't easy when every club the world over demands huge money because of the crazy finances here.

Alex Neil has said it has been frustrating so far. I think we've been put off by clubs demanding silly prices and that we've lost out on a couple of players we've tried to sign. We also had the strange incident of Larrivey who came over from Spain for a medical and then we pulled out at the last minute.

Signings can be funny though at this stage. We could have a couple of players signed but just not announced which has happened before

mistermagic

Reaction score
Supports
Stoke City (I don't make the rules, Epic73 does)
Twitter
@FinallyFifou
Well the fact he stared with this sentence ' Quite surprised at the amount of people predicting Chelsea to win the league'
is surely enough?
Most Chelsea fans will agree that their second half of the season wasn't on a par with their first. With good reason as they were playing the best football in Europe (ie, the world). Just think the hunger won't be as big and that the contenders will be up for more of a fight this time.

Then again if PELLEGRINI sticks to 442 I can't see beyond a Chelsea success. I wish Arsenal would give it a go but I doubt it somehow.

Scrumpy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
1. Chelsea
2. Man U
3. Man C
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. A 'surprise package'. Like Stoke, Swansea or West Ham.

18. Villa
19. West Brom
20. Watford

This league looks stronger than last season.

Top 4 teams (any order) and 20th spot are the most pre-determined. Newcastle may also struggle, Sunderland will be touch-and-go.

Think Bournemouth will be ok, along with Norwich.

smat

Reaction score
Supports
arsenal
Twitter
@mrsmat
1. Arsenal (YEssssss!)
2. Chelsea (Hahahaha boooooo)
3. United
4. City
5. Spurs
6. Pool
---
18. Norwich
19. Villa
20. Leicester

Last edited:

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
Most Chelsea fans will agree that their second half of the season wasn't on a par with their first. With good reason as they were playing the best football in Europe (ie, the world). Just think the hunger won't be as big and that the contenders will be up for more of a fight this time.

Then again if PELLEGRINI sticks to 442 I can't see beyond a Chelsea success. I wish Arsenal would give it a go but I doubt it somehow.

City won't do anything this season. Pellegrini is a very lucky man to still be in a job. They only just took advantage of a very poor season two years ago where United had Moyes, Chelsea had no striker, Arsenal were busy being Arsenal and Liverpool nearly snuck in. This despite having an on fire Yaya Toure and Aguero in decent nick.

Last season, they were nowhere and only finished 2nd due to Liverpool flopping, United in transition and Arsenal being busy being Arsenal again. The 4-4-2 is horribly exposed against the better sides and they've bought pretty terribly of late in the transfer market. The core stars remain but they aren't getting any better and the ins don't look to be that inspiring at all.

This could be the season Arsenal stop being Arsenal after all. Cech is a huge signing, just mentality wise. The likes of Ozil are showing signs of settling in whilst Ramsay, Wilshere and co are maturing on the pitch all the time. Sanchez is a star and Giroud is good for 12-18 goals a season. The midfield heavily support that with their contribution. Coquelin is a good fit for the DM role. There's one or two areas where better cover is required but a bit of luck on the injury front and they'll go close, I definitely think they'll be above City anyway.

United are starting to get a much better looking squad together. In particular, what looked like a weak spine before is now looking much more solid. Them and City will be in a battle for 3rd personally speaking.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
City won't do anything this season. Pellegrini is a very lucky man to still be in a job. They only just took advantage of a very poor season two years ago where United had Moyes, Chelsea had no striker, Arsenal were busy being Arsenal and Liverpool nearly snuck in. This despite having an on fire Yaya Toure and Aguero in decent nick.

Last season, they were nowhere and only finished 2nd due to Liverpool flopping, United in transition and Arsenal being busy being Arsenal again. The 4-4-2 is horribly exposed against the better sides and they've bought pretty terribly of late in the transfer market. The core stars remain but they aren't getting any better and the ins don't look to be that inspiring at all.

This could be the season Arsenal stop being Arsenal after all. Cech is a huge signing, just mentality wise. The likes of Ozil are showing signs of settling in whilst Ramsay, Wilshere and co are maturing on the pitch all the time. Sanchez is a star and Giroud is good for 12-18 goals a season. The midfield heavily support that with their contribution. Coquelin is a good fit for the DM role. There's one or two areas where better cover is required but a bit of luck on the injury front and they'll go close, I definitely think they'll be above City anyway.

United are starting to get a much better looking squad together. In particular, what looked like a weak spine before is now looking much more solid. Them and City will be in a battle for 3rd personally speaking.

lol

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
20. Watford

This league looks stronger than last season.

20th spot are the most pre-determined..

Why do you think we are so certain to go down/come bottom.

Number of players signed might cause issues continuity wise I guess but I'd be very disappointed if we are not competitive in most games.

Last edited:

Scrumpy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Why do you think we are so certain to go down/come bottom.

Number of players signed might cause issues continuity wise I guess but I'd be very disappointed if we are not competitive in most games.

Thing is, many teams have gone up, competed (well) and not picked up points, going back down.

In terms of continuity, what ethos is there that you can carry into this season when you've signed 7 foreign players who've no experience of the Premiership? It's a massive risk.

I'd like Watford to stay up - we don't know what to expect and it'll be great if you do well. And if you do, then I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Fair points - it will be interesting to see how they gel although some have top level experience (a couple in the Premier league) so I am hoping they'd be ok.

More so than had we just brought in a load of young kids from abroad.

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
I think I've settled on this as my prediction:

1) Chelsea
2) Arsenal
3) Manchester United
4) Manchester City
-------------------------------------
5) Liverpool
6) Tottenham
7) Stoke
8) Swansea
9) Southampton
10) Crystal Palace
11) Everton
12) West Brom
13) Newcastle
14) Bournemouth
15) Sunderland
16) West Ham
17) Aston Villa
----------------------------
18) Norwich
19) Leicester
20) Watford

Top 6 has been done to death but that's my outlook on it. Pelligrini won't last the season or if he does, he'll be ousted at the end of it. Rodgers may suffer the same fate. I fancy Spurs to do much of the same. At the top end, Chelsea and Arsenal to be neck and neck all the way but I just can't see past Mourinho unless the likes of Ramsay, Ozil and Sanchez really have spectacular campaigns. United to be off the pace but much improved overall.
I think Stoke and Swansea will have excellent seasons. I fancy Southampton to go well in Europe under Koeman so I think they'll just be a tad more inconsistent in the league. Palace will be high scorers and high conceders. Everton to have another inconsistent season. West Brom to be around the 11th-15th mark all season. Newcastle are just going to linger in mid table. Bournemouth I fancy to have a very good season. I think they'll do very well at home in particular. Sunderland won't pull up any trees but will be more comfortable than last season. West Ham to be the surprise strugglers. I don't rate Bilic and I can just see the panic of them going down with a new stadium on the way, they'll survive though and Bilic won't last the season. Villa are very hard to predict as I don't know many of their signings. I can't see a different bottom 3. I don't see Norwich scoring enough. I don't see Ranieri keeping his job at Leicester whilst losing Cambiasso is a big blow. And Watford have made too many changes and they aren't good enough changes to not suffer.

Jockney

Reaction score
Supports
Fred Onyedinma
Got a gut feeling that Stoke and/or Palace are going to do really well this season, unfortunately. Maybe one of them to overtake Spurs in sixth?

JimJams

Reaction score
Supports
Premier League Champions 15/16
If Palace get a convincing striker in then they'll push for European places. They've just signed Sako who I think should have been a premier league player a long time ago, so they have great options on the wings. When you look at the strike options though, it really looks like the sides weak point from an offensive point of view. All of their strike options to me look like good championship level strikers, but not the calibre of player that matches their other offensive talent. I feel like Gayle has probably never been given a fair run in the side since they were promoted, but I also don't see that changing. I don't rate Wickham at all and really don't get why anyone would take a chance on a guy who has scored so few goals in his career. Bamford is the unknown quantity here, he has a good record at lower levels, so obviously it's all about whether he can make the transition. If he can then Palace will plunder the goals with the number they'll add from other members of the team. Midfield options of Jedinak, McArthur, Puncheon and Cabaye give them quality as well as a bit of diversity there to change the game plan when desired. Defensively they're not up there with the other sides that'll be looking at the Europa spots, so they'll be a good side to watch unless you like Italian football from the 90's.

Ciderhead

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City and Aaron Rodgers
1) Chelsea
2) Arsenal
3) Man Utd
4) Man City
5) Liverpool
6) Spurs

18) West Ham
19) Leicester
20) Watford

Top 6 pretty standard. Fancy it to be a much tighter title race this season, don't think they'll be much between that top 3, can see it going right to the wire.

West Ham's a bit of a hipster choice for the drop but I agree with Lee, can really see them struggling. Don't rate Bilic at all and it seems typical of West Ham that just as they look like they might establish themselves in the Premier League they throw in one bad season and go down. Europa League would make it tricky as well, although they could well crash out of that tonight.

rochdale95

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester United
Manchester City
Spurs
Liverpool

Aston Villa
Watford
Bournemouth

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
If Palace get a convincing striker in then they'll push for European places. They've just signed Sako who I think should have been a premier league player a long time ago, so they have great options on the wings. When you look at the strike options though, it really looks like the sides weak point from an offensive point of view. All of their strike options to me look like good championship level strikers, but not the calibre of player that matches their other offensive talent. I feel like Gayle has probably never been given a fair run in the side since they were promoted, but I also don't see that changing. I don't rate Wickham at all and really don't get why anyone would take a chance on a guy who has scored so few goals in his career. Bamford is the unknown quantity here, he has a good record at lower levels, so obviously it's all about whether he can make the transition. If he can then Palace will plunder the goals with the number they'll add from other members of the team. Midfield options of Jedinak, McArthur, Puncheon and Cabaye give them quality as well as a bit of diversity there to change the game plan when desired. Defensively they're not up there with the other sides that'll be looking at the Europa spots, so they'll be a good side to watch unless you like Italian football from the 90's.

I also have a slight feeling a good season for Palace will lead to the England job for Pardew. I think 1-2 others have muttered it elsewhere on the forum but now I stop to think about it, I can actually really imagine him in that role. Not saying he'll do well at it, but I can picture it.

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
A single unitary authority for urban Dorset
I've put a fiver on Man United to win the league. I don't necessarily think they'll do it (Chelsea). But the odds given were surprising, considering the improvement on paper they've made in midfield and going forward, having a little go at it seemed very tempting. Long as LVG doesn't start experimenting with wacky systems again, they won't be too far off.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
Mino Raiola & Jorge Mendes
I'll add a few more categories:

Player of the year: Sanchez

Young player of the year: Sterling

Top scorer: Mitrovic

FA Cup: Man City

League Cup: Liverpool

Europa: Fenerbache

Champions League: Bayern

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
Player of the year: Ozil

Young player of the year: Shaw

Top scorer: Aguero

FA Cup: Manchester United

League Cup: Chelsea

Europa: God knows Ahletic Bilbao

Champions League: Bayern Munich

Should be a laught to look back on.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I'll give the league prediction a go:

1) Chelsea
2) Arsenal
3) Manchester City
4) Manchester United
5) Liverpool
6) Tottenham
7) Stoke
8) Crystal Palace
9) Swansea
10) Everton
11) Southampton
12) West Brom
13) Newcastle
14) West Ham
15) Bournemouth
16) Sunderland
17) Norwich
18) Leicester
19) Aston Villa
20) Watford

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!