Stickied Transfer Rumours & Confirmed Deals Thread 2023/24

Woodworm

Reaction score
Supports
Fulham
Kevin Macdonald is next on the list of seems. Seem to be going for actual footballers now instead of football manager regens.

Woodworm

Reaction score
Supports
Fulham
Hmm, dunno where I got the impression McDonald had had a mediocre season, seems Wolves fans still value him as highly as ever.

Fulham apparently tried their luck with a 750k bid or something similarly derisory for Dunk earlier in the summer, so I'm not really sure there's a great deal of rational thought going into some of their transfer moves this window (or previous windows for that matter).

The transfer policy has turned on its head. We are finally targeting players we need. Desperate for a new midfield and that's what we getting. Still need a CB DL DR CM and at least one winger. Long way to go but heading in the right direction with Pringle and Cairney.

MagpieBee

Reaction score
Supports
Brentford, Newcastle, Chicago Bears
Welcome Fulham fan! We haven't had one of you in a while so nice to have you onboard.

Heard anything on your end about Tarkowski to you? As far as we are concerned it's been a £1.5m bid rejected, no further bids.

Woodworm

Reaction score
Supports
Fulham
I heard about that a week ago and then nothing more. We knew about Pringle and Cairney for days on end and knew they were being pushed thru but I imagine you guys rejected and told us where to go on that

Bromo18

Reaction score
Supports
Birmingham City
Twitter
@AshBromfield
One of the laziest players I've seen play for us, pretty sure his best position is behind the striker where he played at Burton. However we used him out wide and at times he was really poor, then for a few games through the season he'd be unplayable. Interested to see if Rowett can get the best out of him again as he has talent.
I think that's what everyone is hoping for that Rowett can help him to return to his form at Burton. So do you think he's better in the 'number 10' role than out on the left? Providing we don't sell Demarai Gray, that's possibly where he'll play because we're short on one after Fabbrini returned to Watford.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
Kevin Macdonald is next on the list of seems. Seem to be going for actual footballers now instead of football manager regens.

I'm afraid there is no way that we would sell him to you for what you are allegedly offering us. We don't need to sell anyone and he doesn't want to leave so it's a bit of a non starter.

TheWednesday

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
I think that's what everyone is hoping for that Rowett can help him to return to his form at Burton. So do you think he's better in the 'number 10' role than out on the left? Providing we don't sell Demarai Gray, that's possibly where he'll play because we're short on one after Fabbrini returned to Watford.

Yeah I'd say so, that's where he played for Burton Albion and he bagged 18 goals from that position albeit it in League Two.

lancyclaret

Reaction score
Supports
burnley
In The Sun today (presumably Nixon), it has James Paterson being chased by Wolves, Burnley and Leeds - says Forest would prefer a player plus cash exchange deal because of their embargo restrictions.

Sean Dyche apparently ready to offer striker Lukas Jutkiewicz as part of any deal. Freedman tried to sign "The Juke" when he was manager of Bolton last summer.

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
I'm afraid there is no way that we would sell him to you for what you are allegedly offering us. We don't need to sell anyone and he doesn't want to leave so it's a bit of a non starter.

Ha ha. Fucking brilliant that! First Fulham offer £1.5 mill for Stearman, the man voted player of the season by the fans and his team-mates and who said, just weeks earlier: "I couldn’t be happier and I think that shows in the way I’ve played. It’s been an incredible couple of years for myself and I don’t want to stop here, I want to push this club to where I have been with it in the past, in the Premier League.” He went on to say that Jackett is one of the best managers he's ever played for.

Now we have a £1 million Fulham bid for Kevin McDonald, the man that Richard Stearman's "one of the best managers ever" said he was building the entire team around.

So here's the choice for Stears and McDonald. Stay with Wolves and a great manager....the team that finished 7th, missing out on the play-offs on goal difference, with the highest number of points ever amassed by a team to miss out on a play-off place...........
.......or Championship strugglers Fulham, who ended up just 11 points off relegation, some 28 points and ten places behind Wolves, playing in front of crowds 25% smaller, with a manager of dubious quality who really did very little with a squad bought mainly in the PL.

Oh wait, I know the answer to that!

Fulham's random scattergun approach to players who are particularly settled at their own clubs (and for ridiculously low suggested transfer fees) didn't work for their Championship relegation rivals, Rotherham, and it won't work for Fulham either. The papers make much of their £10 million transfer pot but the reality is that Symons has no idea how to spend it this summer, just as he had no idea how to spend it last January.
If Stearman or Macca do go this summer - and anything is possible - I am sure it would be to a bigger London club, like Brentford or Charlton.

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
In The Sun today (presumably Nixon), it has James Paterson being chased by Wolves, Burnley and Leeds - says Forest would prefer a player plus cash exchange deal because of their embargo restrictions.

Sean Dyche apparently ready to offer striker Lukas Jutkiewicz as part of any deal. Freedman tried to sign "The Juke" when he was manager of Bolton last summer.

IIRC we were Jutkiewicz last summer as well. Wonder if he's still on the radar?

Woodworm

Reaction score
Supports
Fulham
Ha ha. Fucking brilliant that! First Fulham offer £1.5 mill for Stearman, the man voted player of the season by the fans and his team-mates and who said, just weeks earlier: "I couldn’t be happier and I think that shows in the way I’ve played. It’s been an incredible couple of years for myself and I don’t want to stop here, I want to push this club to where I have been with it in the past, in the Premier League.” He went on to say that Jackett is one of the best managers he's ever played for.

Now we have a £1 million Fulham bid for Kevin McDonald, the man that Richard Stearman's "one of the best managers ever" said he was building the entire team around.

So here's the choice for Stears and McDonald. Stay with Wolves and a great manager....the team that finished 7th, missing out on the play-offs on goal difference, with the highest number of points ever amassed y a team to miss out on a play-off place...........
.......or Championship strugglers Fulham, who ended up just 11 points off relegation, some 28 points and ten places behind Wolves, playing in front of crowds 25% smaller, with a manager of dubious quality who really did very little with a squad bought mainly in the PL.

Fulham's random scattergun approach to players who are particularly settled at their own clubs (and for ridiculously low suggested transfer fees) didn't work for their Championship relegation rivals, Rotherham, and it won't work for Fulham either. The papers make much of their £10 million transfer pot but the reality is that Symons has no idea how to spend it this summer, just as he had no idea how to spend it last January.
If Stearman or Macca do go this summer - and anything is possible - I am sure it would be to a bigger London club, like Brentford or Charlton.

Never seen someone so angry. Relax you can reject offers you know.

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves

Very impressed with what Rowett has done. If you hang on to Gray, I can see you being up there in the mix for a top two spot next season. Sadly.

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Never seen someone so angry. Relax you can reject offers you know.
The "ha ha" with which I started the post was a clue as to the extent of my anger.
Please don't assume that because I don't wish to use a yellow smiling face that I'm not laughing. Or relaxed.

The antics of your club, steadily bungee-jumping through the divisions, is actually a constant source of amusement. And not just to me.

Edit: So, tbf, you probably **have** seen someone so angry.

Woodworm

Reaction score
Supports
Fulham
Angry enough to pull up last seasons league table. Embarrassing. We have a dire chairman. The quicker he realises that the better. We have been excellently run for many years up to his takeover and hopefully that will return.

Nook Terrier

Reaction score
Supports
Huddersfield Town
Twitter
@dannysmithlaaa
I know Watford fans won't be around here anymore, but what's happening to Fabbrini? Definitely one player I'd hope we're after.

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Our new signing is Konstantin Kerschbaumer.

Yep, no idea who he is either. There isn't even a wikipedia article on him.

This model we are using had better be f**king good.

Never really thought much of Austrian players. Wolves have had a few and they never seemed to live up to much. Your Kerschbaumer seems to have contributed to Admira Wacker staying in the top division. An omen? His name (almost) means 'cherry tree' so perhaps you will be looking to sell him on to Bournemouth for £10 million in a few months. I think I see what you are doing now........ neat!

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Angry enough to pull up last seasons league table. Embarrassing. We have a dire chairman. The quicker he realises that the better. We have been excellently run for many years up to his takeover and hopefully that will return.
Hmmm. Already said I wasn't angry. :2thumb::fl::fl: There. Look. I have my 'Fulham' face on. Tee hee.
I was certainly interested enough to see by how many points you had escaped relegation last season. Fairly certain, youll be down there in the mix come May 2016.
As for 'embarrassment', there's no really absolutely no need for you to be embarrassed about your club. One day, I'm sure Fulham will return to where they belong.

BetterCallSaul

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Our new signing is Konstantin Kerschbaumer.

Yep, no idea who he is either. There isn't even a wikipedia article on him.

This model we are using had better be f**king good.

Where did you get him from?

Bromo18

Reaction score
Supports
Birmingham City
Twitter
@AshBromfield
Very impressed with what Rowett has done. If you hang on to Gray, I can see you being up there in the mix for a top two spot next season. Sadly.
I wish I was that optimistic :L. Personally I feel that the squad needs a lot of improvement to even challenge for the playoffs next year and with the financial situation the club finds itself in, I can't see us bringing in the quality we need to do so.

Bromo18

Reaction score
Supports
Birmingham City
Twitter
@AshBromfield
Goalkeeper Adam Legzdins has returned to the club on a two-year deal. Disappointed with this personally as I can only see him being a number two and I'd have preferred us to use 20 year old Nick Townsend as number two.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Goalkeeper Adam Legzdins has returned to the club on a two-year deal. Disappointed with this personally as I can only see him being a number two and I'd have preferred us to use 20 year old Nick Townsend as number two.

Legzdins was shocking for us last season. He was a huge disappointment, I was expecting him to really kick on after being backup at Derby for so long but he was just full of errors.

His kicking in particular was awful. His last game for us was Boxing Day last season, when our fans started sarcastically cheering him every time he caught the ball (after many clangers in previous games) and every time he managed a decent clearance. We won 4-1 and he went off with an injured shoulder and we never saw him again.

Having said all that, we was poorly run last season and Legzdins wasn't the only one who suffered from awful form. But in the 6 months he did play with us he was awful to watch and gave our team very little confidence.

Maybe working with Rowett will bring the best out of him again as he really suffered with us last season.

KevinMcallister

Reaction score
Supports
Bielsa's bucket
we've got such high ambitions at Leeds

i'm hearing we are working our bollocks off to sign a 31 year old Clayton Donaldson

goodluck then on your great season promise Cellino

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Legzdins is one of the worst keepers I've seen playing professionally... It's a lot more than just his kicking, his positioning and judgement are truly horrendous.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United

So here's the choice for Stears and McDonald. Stay with Wolves and a great manager....the team that finished 7th, missing out on the play-offs on goal difference, with the highest number of points ever amassed by a team to miss out on a play-off place...........

Come on then which settled players have we offered ridiculously low fees for?

BTW I would love us to consider £1 million and 1.5 million low fees.

Steve Evans scattergun approach last season was for out of contract freebies with Championship experience.
The only exception being Smallwood who was on his way out at Middlesbrough and commanded a small fee.

It did work by the way because we stayed up

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Lego was always alright for us.

We had him and Fielding. He eventually displaced Fielding and then proved that neither were really that good, so we replaced and released both I believe.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
I agree, but they're paying for potential, of which he has loads. It's easy to forget that he's only played one season as a regular at this level.

Agreed. Although, I will say that potential is a funny one, though. Many expect good youngsters to go on to better things. I would say just as many go backwards than forwards.

For every Nathaniel Clyne there's two or three Joe Mattocks.

Veggie Legs

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Definitely, I think we've got by far the better side of the deal.

M Dogg

Reaction score
Supports
Nottingham Forest
Would take Jutkiewicz + cash for Pato. We need a striker urgently and won't find one for free. Paterson is a good footballer but it's just not working out. It's a cliche but the fame has gone to his head and he is also far too lightweight. I don't know where he would fit in in this division on a weekly basis.

My only fear is losing him will bite us on the arse as he is technically very good, and is a seriously good finisher when he gets the chance. But he is stagnating here for sure.

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
A single unitary authority for urban Dorset
Fraser confirmed on a season long loan and Brett Pitman signs on a three year deal with an option for a further 12 months. All in all, pretty happy with the last 48 hours.

You're going to be needing to change your style of play to get the best out of them both. I'll be really interested to see how Mick fits them in. Particularly as to whether Ipswich deem Fraser good enough to start regularly. Both will put a shift in for the cause.

As for Mings, having only seen him a couple times in the flesh and a couple times on TV, I was never hugely impressed with him. I admit to being sceptical of all the hype. It's certainly true that left back and centre back are areas of concern for us with not a lot of height or muscle, and Mings will help that. It's a risk though at that price. Howe has always gone for technical full backs, even when we were in L2 with no pot to piss in. So I'm thinking Howe might even see Mings as a centre back, in time. We need some beef right now though.

The fact that all our other signings this summer have been free probably suggested that a big move was in the pipework.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!