Tue 23rd & Wed 24th Feb 2021

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Massive 3 points, wasn't pretty and we rode our luck at times but we've played better and lost and the win that was all that mattered. Now that monkey is off their back hopefully they can have a bit more confidence and win a few more.

Agree on Bunney he was the only one I criticised against Newport, so far looks a poor signing and hopefully Habergham comes back in for him next match and stays there.

Thought we looked okish first half despite the wind, played it about a bit in midfield without really threatening but Crawley were better and second half with the wind we were poor and didn't really know what to do or keep the ball.

Like I say hopefully now with the win we can do what other side's down here have done and win another couple on the bounce, hopefully playing like we did against Newport, if we do there is plenty of sides on 33/34 points that could be dragged back into it especially if Barrow win too

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Read some comments on your forum tonight that could easily have been from ours when he was manager here just hope it works out for your fans sake.

He’s doing what’s needed really, we can’t keep haemorrhaging the goals we have so he’s gone back fo basics, we were decent enough whilst solid for most of the Orient game although our attacks ran out of steam last 20 minutes or so.

Last night he tried a back 3 to accommodate the loss of Worrall by using Monty and Gibbons as wing backs which fans have been crying for us to use but in fairness was let down by the midfield more than the way we set up. They just didn’t get on the ball, especially after Joyce went off injured, until the last 15 when we had our spell of pressure.

I can see what Clarke is doing, making us hard to beat first and we look less likely to lose than we did, if we turn the losses in draws for a start and try and edge to safety. How we played last night would be perfect for the next three tough fixtures ironically.

Think some of our fans are under estimating Stevenage too who have signed some decent players in January and are now much better than the dross they have been.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
We all know there are many passionate Bolton supporters on site so they will all be chuffed to bits to read that their club tops the current form table.
1614152555065.png

Seems they are coming good after a very slow start in 4th tier.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Last night a number 9 scored for Exeter for the first time in a league match since 2010. The shirt was retired for 9 years after the previous holder, Adam Stansfield, died of cancer.
Well done to Ben Seymour.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We all know there are many passionate Bolton supporters on site so they will all be chuffed to bits to read that their club tops the current form table.
View attachment 13862
Happy enough with the way the club is going. The have been a few telling factors the main one being the change of formation in November. The second was to change completly our Transfer policy.
We brought in quality in the January Transfer window. The board have backed Evatt and it is starting to pay off.
Whatever league we are in i expect Evatt will be backed with a 7 figure budget next season.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
We're developing a nice habit of responding well after a loss - won 5 drawn 1 lost 1 I'm games after our 7 defeats this season. We also have a habit of doing the opposite of what I expect as I had written off today as a loss before we even started.

It didn't sound particularly pretty, but with two of our three CBs and arguably our best two CMs injured, plus our best player full stop Hussey going off injured, it was never going to be. Great result, but we have so many injuries to key players I can't see us keeping our top 3 place at the moment.

I agreed with everything until your last line. I think the fact we're getting results like Cambridge, even with the load of injuries (and I don't care how scrappy it was) shows we have the ability to maintain our position in the top 3.

Every game this season is going to be a right ding-dong, there is no clear and obvious team running away with things at the moment - despite what Carver would have us believe.

The only team I really can see getting ahead of us going forward and perhaps opening a gap at the top come 10 games to go would be FGR, who seem to have worked this league out this year.

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Not as concerned having slept on it, hit the post in the first half and then had two chances we should have taken in the same phase of play to take the lead, and then should have equalised at the death. Credit to Cheltenham though, good away performance and gave us nothing for the first 35-40 minutes of the second half.

None of our 3 best midfielders starting, and we were a different team once one of those was brought on with 15 minutes to go (10 minutes too late, Bonner's biggest flaw by far). Once we have those three back in the starting XI we'll be in a much better position, but we're going to have to beat some of the top teams in that run we have coming up soon, and my concern is we haven't done that for a long time now, a win last night against one of those teams, depleted on the night, would have given us a bit more leeway in that set of games.

Really frustrating not to see Hoolahan last night too, he has to be managed, fine, but we have 3 games against mid-table sides coming up, find the time to rest him during that, he's got to play in our biggest games here on out regardless of what day of the week they are.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Massive 3 points, wasn't pretty and we rode our luck at times but we've played better and lost and the win that was all that mattered. Now that monkey is off their back hopefully they can have a bit more confidence and win a few more.

Agree on Bunney he was the only one I criticised against Newport, so far looks a poor signing and hopefully Habergham comes back in for him next match and stays there.

Thought we looked okish first half despite the wind, played it about a bit in midfield without really threatening but Crawley were better and second half with the wind we were poor and didn't really know what to do or keep the ball.

Like I say hopefully now with the win we can do what other side's down here have done and win another couple on the bounce, hopefully playing like we did against Newport, if we do there is plenty of sides on 33/34 points that could be dragged back into it especially if Barrow win too
Ah yeah of course, I forgot about Habergham when I said Hendrie in at LB earlier.

Colchester definitely look like they can get sucked into it if we can string a few results together, especially as they're coming to Blundell Park next month. Huge month for us March. We play Colchester, Mansfield and Barrow. We need to get some points on the board in those ones. Our April looks absolutely hideous on paper.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Mansfield have fallen apart these last two games, I mean I know we did against Bolton but we at least put in a good performance bar the last ten and played loads of threatening one touch football.

Problem is we have zero depth and quite a few in our starting 11 isn’t strong enough either, I know this season has always just about being safe considering our start but we really needed a few more players in January.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Mansfield have fallen apart these last two games, I mean I know we did against Bolton but we at least put in a good performance bar the last ten and played loads of threatening one touch football.

Problem is we have zero depth and quite a few in our starting 11 isn’t strong enough either, I know this season has always just about being safe considering our start but we really needed a few more players in January.

You seem to be doing what we did after a late throwaway (Tranmere for us) we’ve still not recovered from that!

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
By the way, Oldham's commentary team are by far the best I've heard so far.

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
View attachment 13862
We've definitely looked better, but it's also a nice run of games. Possibly unlucky to draw with Morecambe in this. But also very fortunate to beat Mansfield.

We previously beat Scunthorpe, Southend and Stevenage. Before we have supposedly improved.

Will have to see how we compare to teams competing to judge the transformation.

Yesterday was possibly the best I've seen us play so far, yet there was still a lack of cutting edge.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Actual footage of Mansfield after hearing that people are saying it's a three horse relegation race:

FhWLHXz.gif

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
I agreed with everything until your last line. I think the fact we're getting results like Cambridge, even with the load of injuries (and I don't care how scrappy it was) shows we have the ability to maintain our position in the top 3.

Every game this season is going to be a right ding-dong, there is no clear and obvious team running away with things at the moment - despite what Carver would have us believe.

The only team I really can see getting ahead of us going forward and perhaps opening a gap at the top come 10 games to go would be FGR, who seem to have worked this league out this year.
Good point - and I didn't see until after that post that the injuries to Raglan, Boyle and Hussey are all not as bad as first thought. Finally a bit of luck on the injury front!

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
This discussion deserves its own thread. Worst/most hilarious is the old Newport guy on his own. Newport actually had two when we played them away. A BBC one that was alright and then the aforementioned old man who for the life of him couldn't understand why Scott Bennett's studs up flying tackle was a red. He also went absolutely sick when they scored despite being very calm the rest of the time.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Oh also, I'm not a huge Elliot Hewitt fan but he did one of the best blocks I've seen in ages last night. It was some sort of backwards jumping double footed last ditch ninja defending.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
This discussion deserves its own thread. Worst/most hilarious is the old Newport guy on his own. Newport actually had two when we played them away. A BBC one that was alright and then the aforementioned old man who for the life of him couldn't understand why Scott Bennett's studs up flying tackle was a red. He also went absolutely sick when they scored despite being very calm the rest of the time.

Oldham, by the far the best, purely because Roy is a gem.

Bradford, by far the worst, co commentator jizzes himself every time Bradford play a six yard pass.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
I thought Barrow's were the best, mostly because they got annoyed at Quigley for diving which you don't see a lot of home commentators do.

Bolton are by far the worst, they're so biased and act like every team is lucky to be on a pitch with them. The fact they don't seem to realise we're in the same league as them is quite mental.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Oldham, by the far the best, purely because Roy is a gem.

Bradford, by far the worst, co commentator jizzes himself every time Bradford play a six yard pass.
He either farted or made a similar sound last night, then both of them started giggling. Don't worry we are under no illusions of our commentators, a lot of our fans used to switch to the other commentary team before you even had to.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Exactly the same performance as the past five weeks. Slow, disjointed and with little attacking intent. Sure, we were solid at the back and undone by a debatable penalty (probably was, on balance, but hardly clear-cut), but we are utterly hamstrung by Boss Embleford. His tactical inflexibility, the same uninspired subs week after week and his inability to motivate a talented bunch of players is a millstone around our neck.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I thought Barrow's were the best, mostly because they got annoyed at Quigley for diving which you don't see a lot of home commentators do.

Bolton are by far the worst, they're so biased and act like every team is lucky to be on a pitch with them. The fact they don't seem to realise we're in the same league as them is quite mental.

We're very fortunate in Cumbria that Carlisle and Barrow are the only professional teams so the coverage we get is fantastic. I'd imagine teams in the Greater Manchester/Yorkshire area like Oldham and Harrogate may struggle a little with the size and number of some of the clubs in there. Take Greater Manchester/Lancashire for example, as well as the obvious PL sides you've got other massive clubs like PNE, Blackburn Rovers, Burnley and Wigan.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We're very fortunate in Cumbria that Carlisle and Barrow are the only professional teams so the coverage we get is fantastic. I'd imagine teams in the Greater Manchester/Yorkshire area like Oldham and Harrogate may struggle a little with the size and number of some of the clubs in there. Take Greater Manchester/Lancashire for example, as well as the obvious PL sides you've got other massive clubs like PNE, Blackburn Rovers, Burnley and Wigan.
Passes you a childrens yellow fishing net......off you go son

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
BBC Merseyside stopped providing commentaries on our matches some time ago and I am not even sure they have a reporter at some of the games now.

Liverpool and Everton get full commentaries for every game, which winds me up given the saturation coverage they get nationally. All of their matches are either covered by national radio or television, the majority televised, certainly in the case of Liverpool.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams

Always an interesting topic, for me.

I live on the outskirts of Bradford, and these are the list of clubs within a 30 mile-radius.

Bradford Park Ave - 2.5 miles
Bradford City - 5 miles
Huddersfield - 8 miles
Leeds - 11 miles
Burnley - 16 miles
Rochdale - 17 miles
Oldham - 20 miles
Harrogate - 20 miles
Barnsley - 21 miles
Accrington 22 miles
Salford - 25 miles
Man City - 25 miles
Blackburn - 27 miles
Sheffield Wed - 29 miles
Man United - 30 miles

Then you have Bolton, Rotherham, Doncaster, Sheff United, Preston, Scunthorpe and Wigan all within 45 miles.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
BBC Merseyside stopped providing commentaries on our matches some time ago and I am not even sure they have a reporter at some of the games now.

Liverpool and Everton get full commentaries for every game, which winds me up given the saturation coverage they get nationally. All of their matches are either covered by national radio or television, the majority televised, certainly in the case of Liverpool.

Would be stunned if any commentators are worst than the ones who did our game to be fair! Jesus Christ! Got most of our players names wrong, jizzed himself at every pass, very bias and even when he wasn’t on the mic he was shouting in the back ground. Horrendous. Didn’t think the abuse they got online was right though. Took the heat of our poor performance mind as our fans were more angry at having to listen to him for 90 minutes.

Scunthorpe ones were weird, kept waffling on debating if our third kit was a lime green or a bogey green!

Orient ones I thought were ok but were waffling on about Birthdays due to the time we took over goal kicks and throw ins despite their players doing the same! But were fairly balanced.

Intrigued to see what Salford is like.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Always an interesting topic, for me.

I live on the outskirts of Bradford, and these are the list of clubs within a 30 mile-radius.

Bradford Park Ave - 2.5 miles
Bradford City - 5 miles
Huddersfield - 8 miles
Leeds - 11 miles
Burnley - 16 miles
Rochdale - 17 miles
Oldham - 20 miles
Harrogate - 20 miles
Barnsley - 21 miles
Accrington 22 miles
Salford - 25 miles
Man City - 25 miles
Blackburn - 27 miles
Sheffield Wed - 29 miles
Man United - 30 miles

Then you have Bolton, Rotherham, Doncaster, Sheff United, Preston, Scunthorpe and Wigan all within 45 miles.
Scunny to Bradford is absolutely no way under 45 miles. Not even warranting that with a VAR check.

You've also got Guiseley and Farsley Celtic too, if you're including BPA.

Last edited:

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV

i'm quite glad people are picking up on quigley - i thought he was a right diving piece of shit when they played us, but he scored, they beat us and vale fans think he is garbage after a forgettable loan spell so i didn't want to seem mega-bitter.

Oldham Roy is the best, off his head that guy. Tranmere by far the worst we've come across. what they were saying was just not what was happening on the screen whilst watching the game, which is really the bare minimum you need to be a commentator. you could have found two people with TRFC tattooed on their fingers be less biased.

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Walsall away tonight! we are at the moment the worse team in this league by a street so this could get very messy, it does'nt help that walsall are the best team i've seen us play this season they murdered us at home and somehow we scrapped a draw, there has to be a 100% upturn in our form tonight or it could be embarassing,

Come on boys keep it in single figures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!