Tue 29th Dec: Last fixtures in 2020

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
All over. We probably edged it overall, but can't whinge about the result - we just didn't do enough with it in the final third to justify claiming all three points.

Once again we were lacking creativity and cutting edge, and so often slowed things down in midfield allowing Barrow time to pack their defence in time for the inevitable speculative cross.

Barrow looked dangerous at times, and I'm sure they'll stay clear of the drop.

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley
Thats 4 points taken playing against the top two sides - without Watters for all but 45 minutes - if and its a big it we sell Watters in January we already have a replacement in Tom Nichols who is now also in double figures for the season - next up Bolton which will be another test for the team

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
By God we need a striker who knows how to score. 1 goal in 5 now and we've barely looked like scoring in most of those games as well.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Ps. I thought the FGR full back (?) Number 22 was quality all night.

Casey

Thats 4 points taken playing against the top two sides - without Watters for all but 45 minutes - if and its a big it we sell Watters in January we already have a replacement in Tom Nichols who is now also in double figures for the season - next up Bolton which will be another test for the team
Rather play you without Watters, We will be without Kioso who will be suspended
Rumour of both Crellin and White sent back to there Respective clubs which if true means we will have a new keeper and Kieron Lee in the Squad.The sooner we get a new lwb the better. Big couple of days

CTFC - Devils

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley town
FGR equalised with a thumping free kick from the edge of the box. Seems to have gone straight down the middle with our keeper waving at it but it was hit hard.

We dragged it around and went back ahead when Powell hit a long ball over the top of the centre half for Nichols to chest down a rifle into the bottom corner. FGR will be unhappy with the centre half. Our keeper then made a great save down to his right (hurt his hand in the process). As the game went on it was all FGR pressure without really troubling the keeper. A couple of breakaway chances for us. One where the FGR keeper almost made a hash of a shot from the half way line...I think he thought the ref was stopping play for an injury.

Last seconds. FGR keeper up for a corner. Breaks to our player (Frost) in the right back position. Keeper trys to foul him. Shoots from sixty yards. Race between ball and defender....defender clears the ball off the line!

1-2 full time.

Enjoyed that.

Casey
That seems like an overly modest assessment.. not sure about the 'it was all FGR pressure'. We thoroughly deserved the very unexpected 3 points. I think id spend another £10 just to watch a camera on Nichols the whole game. The most fortuitous thing was that FGR clearly didn't play to their usual standard but a lot of the credit has to go to us and our management for taking the game to them.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
What no comment on our shocking midfielders today -

I put on another place that I thought the inclusion of Francomb really helped our midfield but I still don't think some off our midfielders are league standard. They are all miles better than me and I dont see the point of slagging an individual player but that is my opinion.

Just for an example. Look at what happened in the build up to the free kick they scored from. In a congested midfield how did their player get completely free to run at our defence before he was fouled? Because our players were not in position.

Alain, its opinions. I try to be honest but I appreciate you disagree with me.

Casey

CTFC - Devils

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley town
I put on another place that I thought the inclusion of Francomb really helped our midfield but I still don't think some off our midfielders are league standard. They are all miles better than me and I dont see the point of slagging an individual player but that is my opinion.

Just for an example. Look at what happened in the build up to the free kick they scored from. In a congested midfield how did their player get completely free to run at our defence before he was fouled? Because our players were not in position.

Alain, its opinions. I try to be honest but I appreciate you disagree with me.

Casey
I find it hard to swallow that you jump to criticism after that performance.

CTFC - Devils

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley town
No complaints, better side won even without Watters.

Our no.22 is Udoka Godwin-Malife btw, plays as an overlapping rcb in our back 3 and has broken into the side this year and excelled. Will be disappointed with being caught under the ball for Nicholls winner, but otherwise he's a player I expect to move up the leagues in the next couple of years.

Crawley came and had a right go, had 20 shots in the end which is very unusual at our place as a lot of teams sit back.
He goes like *hit off a shovel. By the time our players had assessed he had the ball he was 50 yards further up the pitch. Certainly wouldn't disagree with you on that. It seems you came up against us on a night where every player put in a performance and the management got it surprisingly bang on.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Watters has a "slight" hamstring strain. I'm not in the know so I have no idea if he will be fit. However, with Nichols scoring two tonight and Nadesan's pace if there's any doubt it would probably be better left out.

He has had problems because he did not join us until October and had not played since sometime in March and had no pre season at all. Imagine what he'll be like when properly fit !

Casey

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Tranmere definitely one of the better teams we've faced this season, their pressing made it hard for us to get a foothold. Strangely though their intensity dropped after we went down to 10 men, when they should've been kicking on.

We were lucky to grab a point, but no idea if it was a red for us - saw the two players rolling around on the floor together, and our players were clearly making out there was a punch or an elbow. Either way, Biggins is dog shit so it worked in our favour.

Seems weird facing a Tranmere side without a bunch of fat lads in it.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Biggins off for Barrow. It wasn't on camera, but it looked suspiciously like Barrow were trying to reduce us to 10 with a classic "tangle and collapse while holding the face" move, but in the end the ref gave a yellow to both players and Biggins had already been booked.

I could be wrong of course, I just like making stuff up.
i was in the main stand watching it and the 2 players lined up at the kick off opposite each other - Vaughan ran straight into Biggins in a successful attempt to get him a 2nd yellow. Vaughan then seamed to retaliate and was lucky not to get a straight red himself.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Tranmere definitely one of the better teams we've faced this season, their pressing made it hard for us to get a foothold. Strangely though their intensity dropped after we went down to 10 men, when they should've been kicking on.

We were lucky to grab a point, but no idea if it was a red for us - saw the two players rolling around on the floor together, and our players were clearly making out there was a punch or an elbow. Either way, Biggins is dog shit so it worked in our favour.

I feel it was closer than you make out, but maybe I'm just downbeat. I'm equally perplexed as to why we didn't go for it after the red card - we certainly had the players on the bench who could've done it.

I'm still not convinced by Hill.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

Tranmere were definitely one of the best teams we've played. Vaughan played well (apart from the red card incident). the other striker (No 10) played well too as did the annoying little shit Spearing - although he was lucky someone didn't pinch him out by the end of the match.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
I find it hard to swallow that you jump to criticism after that performance.
I did not jump to criticise. I answered a post criticising me with an example of why I formed my opinion.

I thought that was one of our best performances this season. Nichols was excellent, Tsaroulla looks a real find and our back three hardly gave a chance to FGR....and before you say it I thought our midfield had a good game too.

Anyway. Where are you and Alain the rest of the season when I'm on here praising the team and putting the Crawley point of view? One post somebody doesn't like and suddenly I'm the enemy.

Ahhh diddums.

Casey

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I'm amazed at Quigley. He's probably one of the worst forwards we've ever had but yet he's done really well for Barrow. I never saw a player in him.

Was a thorn in our side all evening. Played the centre forward role exceptionally well. Fair play to Barrow when going down to 10 men and still looking for a winner.
Really really disappointed CBT didn’t get some game time.

Last edited:

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I've got that used to Tranmere over recent seasons that I was expecting Cook and Norwood to run out before kick off. Rovers were definitely one of the better teams I've seen this season both live and on iFollow, and I think it will be ourselves that will be coming away happier with the point. The last twenty minutes after Biggins got sent off didn't seem to drag whatsoever and Tranmere's approach to that left me scratching my head, there was no increase in tempo whatsoever. Both keepers were tested throughout with a couple of point blank saves, had the efforts been either side one of us will have been walking away with all three.

Tranmere had a lot of possession but the final ball was missing, too many wasted positions in wide areas. Vaughan gave the impression that he's your typical shithouse striker but a player like that is one every decent team at this level has.

Pleased with the point, 7 out of 9 from the Christmas period so far, this little run showing that we are more than capable of staying comfortably away from the bottom. Fortunately we've started to pick up points at the right time with Southend, Stevenage, Scunthorpe and Bradford's recent results. I imagine there will be a few teams on the 24/25 point mark that were happy enough a couple of weeks ago that will be having a little look over their shoulders.

A decent game on the whole, but far from the classic of our FA Cup 4th Qualy win a few years ago.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
One of the most boring games of football I’ve seen. 0-0 was quite predictable really. Askey is clearly aware of the pressure and it’s a matter of one more bad result and he’s gone because that was a very safe performance from vale.

Of course we take the positives, clean sheet was very important for the defence and the confidence! Impressed with Brisley, he always seems to be a steady player! Dropping Mills was also a good decision.

However, it’s still not good enough. Yes we have injuries, but the players who have filled in are ones Askey has signed so he can’t be using that as an excuse. We still can’t find a balance between defending and attacking, it’s either score 3 but risk conceding 4, or score 0 and risk conceding 1. Ive seen an article saying Conlon is a wanted man in January from sides in higher leagues. I fear if that happens then we are really in the shit as Whitehead is just awful, Burgess has been non existent all season and Oyleke can get you 5 games a season max!

I just hope that if Askey is sacked that it is done at a sensible time and not 2 days before the transfer market shuts

I think the overriding point about injuries not being an excuse for our recent form is valid but I think tonight this is a bit harsh. The playing conditions tonight were just not going to allow for any free flowing football so it was absolutely the right thing to do to make sure we were solid which for the most part we were. Bradford also struggled with it too so I'm ok with tonight's approach.

Having criticised him a lot lately Smith looked a lot better at right back tonight. Obviously once Gibbons is back then he goes back in there but that was a job well done tonight. Brisley was no-nonsense and to be honest that's all you want from a centre-back.

Hurst did well again, it's a sign of his development teams are doubling up on him regularly now. Love that move where he switches the ball on to either foot and first time pings one in with pace and accuracy. Once he can last a full 90 he could go far. Him and Worrall in the same team at some point is very appealing to me.

Askey also confirmed tonight that Robinson and McKirdy available for transfer. Who will want them I don't know but whoever it is hopefully they are both out the club asap.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Love Hurst, someone frustrating Pope came on for him because when Pope doesn’t start Hurst keeps whipping in those far post balls on a sixpence which Pope would feed off for fun.

Lads done well, from Bradford PA last season to Bradford City away he has had a decent year.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
There was more drama in our game this evening
our game was the same, not sure how playable the pitch at Valley Parade actually was, especially in the last half hour or so, it looked rock solid! No one could control the ball on either side.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
our game was the same, not sure how playable the pitch at Valley Parade actually was, especially in the last half hour or so, it looked rock solid! No one could control the ball on either side.
I'm not entirely sure what made the referee decide to rethink his decision to play the match at Harrogate. Callum Guy looked to come out of a challenge pretty badly and the BBCRC commentators had made a comment before the abandonment that the pitch might still be a bit hard, but weren't particularly convinced that had a role in any knock he may or may not have picked up. The only thing I can think of though is that the referee also saw this and that's what concerned him.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Mark Molesley should get manager of the month at least
given the "Manager of the month curse" that's the last thing you want after improving recently - so i'm sure all Barrow, Bradford, Grimsby etc fans hope he gets it......

PVFCdyl

Reaction score
Supports
Port vale
I think the overriding point about injuries not being an excuse for our recent form is valid but I think tonight this is a bit harsh. The playing conditions tonight were just not going to allow for any free flowing football so it was absolutely the right thing to do to make sure we were solid which for the most part we were. Bradford also struggled with it too so I'm ok with tonight's approach.

Having criticised him a lot lately Smith looked a lot better at right back tonight. Obviously once Gibbons is back then he goes back in there but that was a job well done tonight. Brisley was no-nonsense and to be honest that's all you want from a centre-back.

Hurst did well again, it's a sign of his development teams are doubling up on him regularly now. Love that move where he switches the ball on to either foot and first time pings one in with pace and accuracy. Once he can last a full 90 he could go far. Him and Worrall in the same team at some point is very appealing to me.

Askey also confirmed tonight that Robinson and McKirdy available for transfer. Who will want them I don't know but whoever it is hopefully they are both out the club asap.
I agree to some extent. Playing conditions were horrendous. Pitch looked terrible. Although I don’t think it would have affected our performance that much as the game against barrow will have caused Askey to go back to basics which lead to the very dry play style.
I also like Hurst, isn’t afraid to take on his man, and does the nobbles and gets back when needed.
Legge looked better today too, I feel Askey may have been a little negligent on some players fitness, not all of our lads are spring chickens so the tiredness will be a factor in the sloppy mistakes and abnormal score lines!
Did not know that about Theo or McKirdy! Would love for someone to take them off our hands but yeah that may be tricky! Biggest issue for me this season is that our best 11 is more or less the same as last seasons and that doesn’t show signs of improving even though the backing has been there! I guess you could argue it was difficult with the way things have been this year

CTFC - Devils

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley town
I did not jump to criticise. I answered a post criticising me with an example of why I formed my opinion.

I thought that was one of our best performances this season. Nichols was excellent, Tsaroulla looks a real find and our back three hardly gave a chance to FGR....and before you say it I thought our midfield had a good game too.

Anyway. Where are you and Alain the rest of the season when I'm on here praising the team and putting the Crawley point of view? One post somebody doesn't like and suddenly I'm the enemy.

Ahhh diddums.

Casey
You're not the enemy at all, having observed this forum all this season and last, it just seemed to be a common theme appearing. Generally I haven't thought the positivity from some of our performances and results were reflected in your posts, saying that I always enjoy looking for your comments on the games.

I used to be an active poster about 3-4 years ago but my old login details don't work so I just made a new account this evening.

CTFC - Devils

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley town
Watters has a "slight" hamstring strain. I'm not in the know so I have no idea if he will be fit. However, with Nichols scoring two tonight and Nadesan's pace if there's any doubt it would probably be better left out.

He has had problems because he did not join us until October and had not played since sometime in March and had no pre season at all. Imagine what he'll be like when properly fit !

Casey
The cynic in me suggests that he's closer to a big move and they don't want to risk the sale. Erdem made it clear in the pre match media that we've got 2 'almost confirmed' transfers coming in and that they're very much looking to sell watters in the coming weeks for the right cash.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Just watched the highlights on youtube of the FGR v Crawley game.

Firstly my apologies to the FGR keeper I thought he had given the ball to Hessenthaler to set up Nichols for our first goal. I was wrong it was a defender.

The main point though is watching that last shot from the halfway line. The defender racing to get to it. Would it make it ? Will the defender get there?

Fade out before we find out ! The bloody editor needs shooting for that.

Casey

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
By God we need a striker who knows how to score. 1 goal in 5 now and we've barely looked like scoring in most of those games as well.
Yet you scored 5 against us! What happened to the long throw tactic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!