Tues 11th, Weds 12th and Sat 15th Jan

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
Lost at home to MK. Didn't see it but sounds like the obvious difference is up front. We don't have the players to finish chances and MK do.

The Cowleys need to pull a rabbit or two out of the hat before Jan 31. If they don't then we know that we've binned off this season and already planning for next. No way can we challenge for play-offs with this attack.
On balance of play you probably had the better of it, but we were by far more clinical and defensively sound.
I’m convinced we just saw the two best keepers in the league today, both made outstanding saves in the last few minutes and were mostly throughout.

Last edited:

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Just seen the apology from Rotherham United Football Club re the minutes silence before the game. Very genuine and will be appreciated, and understood by all at Fleetwood
To put this into context, there was tremendous away support and I reckon no more than 2/3 were the idiots

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
I will take a point after the amount of players we had missing. Again lots of fight albeit lacking in abit of quality. We desperately need players in. Especially wing backs. Today we had a creative midfielder and a target man striker playing as our full backs. I'd have taken 4 points out of the games vs Charlton and Shrewsbury though, so that's positive.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Bolton had our number today after a fierce opening 10 minutes from us without capitalising. After that? Bolton completely neutralised us and deserved the 2-0 win. My only comment; the posts about Trafford in this thread are hilarious, he was fucking atrocious. I know he's young but with the countless fumbles & his clear inability to play it out from the back it's a travesty we didnt produce in the final third. Man City starlet or not, he has a lot to learn.

Trafford aside, Bolton were dogged, determined, and at times played some lovely stuff. Your RB had Burns in his pocket all day which is no mean feat. You're definitey in a false league position right now for me, just please don't delude yourself that Trafford is the answer for your keeper.

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bolton had our number today after a fierce opening 10 minutes from us without capitalising. After that? Bolton completely neutralised us and deserved the 2-0 win. My only comment; the posts about Trafford in this thread are hilarious, he was fucking atrocious. I know he's young but with the countless fumbles & his clear inability to play it out from the back it's a travesty we didnt produce in the final third. Man City starlet or not, he has a lot to learn.

Trafford aside, Bolton were dogged, determined, and at times played some lovely stuff. Your RB had Burns in his pocket all day which is no mean feat. You're definitey in a false league position right now for me, just please don't delude yourself that Trafford is the answer for your keeper.
Very fair reflection on the game and your thoughts on our play. Not sure who you meant as the right back as we did not really have one. Gethin Jones played the right side of a back 3....Good game on his first game back after 3 months out or Fossey who we have on loan from Fulham.....looks like the guy from one direction.
What Trafford brought us was the option of kicking it long which Dixon never does. I dont think we have had so little possession all season. Our dead ball delivery has been shocking since Sheehan got injured in October. We now have Morley who also made his debut today and was outstanding on that score and will be some player for the club in the coming years.
Lee was head and shoulders the best player on the park and when he plays well Bolton play well.
Dapo coming off the bench just give us that spark last 20...Worked today but i dont want to see him benched again any time soon.

If we can get Dempsey in this week we will have a number 10 to replace Sarcevic and Evatt put a bid in for Bodvarsson at Millwall please no. If you had scored first in the first 15 mins it could have been anything to you.
If you had played us from November until this week you would have beat us. We will both finish top half this season but wont trouble the top 6. Next season may see us both competing at the top.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
He was the best player in league two last season. Apparently.
from January onwards he certainly was.....prior to that he was a good player in the championship
Hoolihan is/was quality but he just did not play enough

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Just seen the apology from Rotherham United Football Club re the minutes silence before the game. Very genuine and will be appreciated, and understood by all at Fleetwood
To put this into context, there was tremendous away support and I reckon no more than 2/3 were the idiots

Yes my apologies on behalf of our resident morons.
It was disgusting to hear and very embarrassing for our club and the vast majority of our supporters.

There were people telling the idiots to shut up but they finished up making more noise and adding to the problem.

As a club we deserved that last minute slap in the face, well done Fleetwood.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Thought we played well especially in the first half and really should have been in front.
Second half thought we overplayed and always wanted the extra pass and Cambridge grown into and started to catch us on the break and felt the goal was coming.
Thought the free kick was harsh but Dunk knows what he's doing , fair play, our giant keeper stays on his line (as usual) and Ironside has an easy finish.
No offence to Laker and SVH but a group of your 'fans ' thought they were auditioning for green street with their behaviour especially after you scored fighting with our stewards and spitting at them.
Huge police presence at the railway station to deal with them but oddly none went on the train with just the poor guard. One guy in pale top and a baseball cap spent of the game taunting our fans, wasn't surprised to see him at the station after, most of this would have been late teens to early 20s.
We have idiots too, just a shame they have to spoil for the majority.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Yes my apologies on behalf of our resident morons.
It was disgusting to hear and very embarrassing for our club and the vast majority of our supporters.

There were people telling the idiots to shut up but they finished up making more noise and adding to the problem.

As a club we deserved that last minute slap in the face, well done Fleetwood.
I hope my memory serves me right, but I seem to recall quite a number of your fans stopping off at Gigg Lane some years back ? Bury were then struggling financially and your supporters had a whip round giving something like £1000. I dont even think the Millers were playing Bury but it was a top gesture. Now I am worried in case I have got this completely wrong - if so, its an age thing !

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Rubbish today and had we not been playing the worst team in the league, I don't think we'd have won. Have to be better on Tuesday or Morecambe will punish us. Need to get as many points on the board as possible before our horror February when we play all the top teams.
Not surprised that you would say that because we didn’t roll over and concede 5+, we were far better than your lot we’re expecting and performance wise although still crap it was a far better one than we have had for some time. Given we are still missing 6 first team players and need to bring at least 4 more in that was a little encouraging that the manager has the players finally moving in the right direction. McSheffrey has confirmed what us fans have been saying that fitness hasn’t been worked on since Moore was in charge (that man has a lot to answer for) hopefully we can build some momentum and confidence for League 2 next season.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Football is all about opinions. I never said he was the answer… but you have to put it into context. He’s 19, on debut so bound to have some nerves … especially early on. Plus you haven’t watched our other gk week in week out. He was better than Dixon has been recently.

He didn’t misplace one pass from the back all game that I can remember and was composed plus his longer range kicking was really good. So I completely disagree to say he couldn’t play out from the back. Massive improvement on what we have watched this season as gk has been a real weak point. Hes a good size and had really good positioning (even if handling wasn’t the best today - other than the bullet header from close range). He had Aluko’s curler from outside the box covered if it had been on target, and Aluko’s first half shot that he fumbled but it was in the corner. He did make a mess of the corner in the second half granted but Dixon our other gk would have conceded 2/3 yesterday. Trafford also communicated much better with the defence through the game than Dixon does. I’m not going to write Trafford off after 1 game for a couple of nervous moments. I also think he will be a stop gap anyway until the summer when we will invest properly in a more experienced gk for next season. We may be in a false position but I think it’s too late to replicate last seasons run and we will most likely be planning for next season already.

Last edited:

wessy

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
That's the prolem as much as i like Evatt he seems to have a blind spot with Keepes, Last year it cost us winning the league Crellin was truly awful yet he persisted kept playing him, Gilkes baled us out but it was obvious he wasn't a long term solution, then he goes for Dixon a player he knows ? and steps up a couple of divisions.

Then we have all summer and still no back up, finally he goes for a 19 year old kid that sure as eggs are eggs will make mistakes at some point. We have needed an experienced goalkeeper for two years. And still do. The Kid did well yesterday but will it last ?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Frustrating day yesterday by the sounds of it. It seemed to pan out in a similar way to the reverse fixture but on that occasion we took our chances.

Another decent performance though. That's 6 or 7 games now where we're starting to look ok and once we, hopefully, get more players in/back, we'll put a bit of a run together.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Thought we played well especially in the first half and really should have been in front.
Second half thought we overplayed and always wanted the extra pass and Cambridge grown into and started to catch us on the break and felt the goal was coming.
Thought the free kick was harsh but Dunk knows what he's doing , fair play, our giant keeper stays on his line (as usual) and Ironside has an easy finish.
No offence to Laker and SVH but a group of your 'fans ' thought they were auditioning for green street with their behaviour especially after you scored fighting with our stewards and spitting at them.
Huge police presence at the railway station to deal with them but oddly none went on the train with just the poor guard. One guy in pale top and a baseball cap spent of the game taunting our fans, wasn't surprised to see him at the station after, most of this would have been late teens to early 20s.
I've always found that our games against Cambridge, home and away, have had more trouble, or attempted trouble, than most of our other local games. Got no idea why, must be something that goes back before my time!

I can vaguely remember a time where it kicked off outside their social club/pub down at Cambridge in our Conference years.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Did anyone see that young lad on the EFL highlights show shouting 'wanker' over and over after MK's second goal?!

What on earth has happened to Fleetwood's pitch? Why were Donny not wearing their red and white home kit and when did Pompey lose a stand?!

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Did anyone see that young lad on the EFL highlights show shouting 'wanker' over and over after MK's second goal?!

What on earth has happened to Fleetwood's pitch? Why were Donny not wearing their red and white home kit and when did Pompey lose a stand?!
Must have been a special kit?

Seems like Portsmouth are having quite a re-development on a couple of stands.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
I've always found that our games against Cambridge, home and away, have had more trouble, or attempted trouble, than most of our other local games. Got no idea why, must be something that goes back before my time!

I can vaguely remember a time where it kicked off outside their social club/pub down at Cambridge in our Conference years.
I've watched us 40 years I've no idea why Luke, there was certainly a group of lads no much older than my daughter (she's 16) from Cambridge who definitely 'up for it' yesterday and the guy in light top and baseball cap seemed to be the leader. I wasn't the only who noticed him, must have been 20 to 30 police at the station to get them on the train.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Frustrating day yesterday by the sounds of it. It seemed to pan out in a similar way to the reverse fixture but on that occasion we took our chances.

Another decent performance though. That's 6 or 7 games now where we're starting to look ok and once we, hopefully, get more players in/back, we'll put a bit of a run together.
2 more new players this week apparently, Walsh is training no clue on Jackson etc.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
I hope my memory serves me right, but I seem to recall quite a number of your fans stopping off at Gigg Lane some years back ? Bury were then struggling financially and your supporters had a whip round giving something like £1000. I dont even think the Millers were playing Bury but it was a top gesture. Now I am worried in case I have got this completely wrong - if so, its an age thing !
No problem with your memory, 3 coaches went to Bury on our way to Accrington about 3 years ago
We parked at Gigg Lane and were guided to a local WMC and met up with Bury fans to help raise some fighting funds.
It was a great day out, we were all glad to be there and grateful not to be in Bury's position as we know only too well what it's like to be in administration.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I’m not surprised, like everyone else we have a thug element who always seem to appear when we’re doing a bit better. The police should know who they are, shouldn’t be hard to deal with them.

Luke is right, this fixture does seem to attract nob heads, I remember the “disturbance” outside our supporters club too when a load of Lincoln fans tried to gain access and were told no.

One of my least enjoyable experiences as an away fan was at Lincoln in 2014 when we were herded into a pub (think it was called the Blue Anchor) with a load of Cambridge casuals. We were directed there by police, went in and then locked in until kick off when we were marched to the ground by dozens of coppers. “For our own safety” apparently. That pub btw is horrible, shudder.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United

I remember that particular incident Luke, it was at the start of the 2012/13 season iirc. A group of Imps fans weren't allowed into our supporters club was the reason for it but it was not what I'd call trouble just a little bit of handbags was all.

I'm sure it was before our time but apparently Imps v U's has always been 'one of those games' sadly as I've heard this has been going on since the early 70's though of course I wasn't there and I'm only going on what I've heard from some of the older U's fans.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
It's now called the anchor and been done up, much nicer prefer the treaty of commerce on the high St.
Away fans who are deemed a risk are normally put in the square sail on the brayford now. O definitely have nobheads too. Mostly the same age as that lot yesterday but some my age and older.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I’m not surprised, like everyone else we have a thug element who always seem to appear when we’re doing a bit better. The police should know who they are, shouldn’t be hard to deal with them.

Luke is right, this fixture does seem to attract nob heads, I remember the “disturbance” outside our supporters club too when a load of Lincoln fans tried to gain access and were told no.

One of my least enjoyable experiences as an away fan was at Lincoln in 2014 when we were herded into a pub (think it was called the Blue Anchor) with a load of Cambridge casuals. We were directed there by police, went in and then locked in until kick off when we were marched to the ground by dozens of coppers. “For our own safety” apparently. That pub btw is horrible, shudder.

It all started during the 2013/14 season when the word was that Dickie Dosh was assembling a top 5 side. I remember there was some trouble at Aldershot and iirc at Woking and it was only August at the time :( I could be wrong about the Woking game but I know that had been some trouble in two out of the first three away games that season.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Quite funny watching 5/6 start to run over the tarpaulin towards the home fans after they scored, to then bottle it after a handful of steps, make a few gestures and be dragged down by the stewards.

Never seen Cambridge as a game that brings out the idiots!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!