• Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City
  • Milton Keynes Dons v Morecambe
  • Peterborough United v Derby County
  • Portsmouth v Port Vale
  • Shrewsbury Town v Bristol Rovers

SUNDAY 26TH MARCH
  • Forest Green Rovers v Sheffield Wednesday

Sexy fixtures of the week:

The South Yorkshire derby, probably more important (in points terms) to Barnsley than Sheff Wed, but still.
Fleetwood v Lincoln City - this game is HUGE in terms of the mid-table trophy and only the most mediocre will prevail
Franchise v Morecambe relegation six-pointer. Franchise (sadly) starting to pick up some form here (albeit v fellow relegation crapsters), Morecambe haven't won in 7.
Posh v Derby - the former still have an outside chance of the playoffs, Derby need the win to fend off the chasing pack
Portsmouth v Port Vale - The Port derby, one of the biggest in the division. Mouth v Vale - who will triumph? Obviously we all know that the ref will be against Vale (who isn't?) so PFC have that advantage going into the game.

But. Game of the Week -

LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on Sky.

One of the weakest L1 sides in living memory vs the points-guzzling juggernaut that is Sheffield Wednesday.

Who could win?

There could yet be an unforeseen hitch though - rumour has it that FGR head honcho Dale Vince has seen the publicity opportunities of this event and has a special twist planned.

FGR will go a couple down before HT - however this week, Dale Vince will secretly register himself as a player, and be presented to the home crowd at half time after a bunch of adverts for Vince's company Ecotricity.

Wearing a Popeye hat, Vince will then burst onto the pitch, make a big show of scoffing a bunch of spinach to symbolically FILL himself with GREEN STRENGTH, and since SWFC don't really need the points, Darren Moore (having received a chunky payoff) will instruct his otherwise iron defence to let Vince bag a hat-trick, winning the game for his side.

The full-time whistle will blow, FGR will hoist a massive banner onto the pitch with a huge portrait of Vince with the legend, "THE POWER OF GREEN ENERGY", and FGR bask in the glow of a famous win on live TV. Get your bets in now.

Last edited:

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Our game versus Bristol Rovers has been postponed due to international call ups.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
If we win the game against Morcombe I might even begin to believe we could scramble out way out of this mire. Three wins on the bounce against other relegation canditates would be amazing considering the dross we have served up this season.

And really we should beat Morecambe, we have twice already but of course previous results will mean jack shit. It's who wants it most when you are in the shit.

Edited to add, Why aren't Oxford playing? Really don't want to give Manning time to change things. :gr:

Last edited:

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Accy at home.. A chance to put yesterday behind us. Would take a scrappy 1-0 off of someone's arse, but at the same time, we're due to give someone a spanking.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If we have Smith and Forrester out I have no idea how we set up as we have one fit senior centre half then (Donnelly who’s made 10-12 apps in his career) and Agyakwa who looked miles out his depth when forced into action yesterday for his debut.

I’m at the stage where we should probably get Leon Legge in who’s a free agent to see us through because we simply have no options for our three at the back.

We will get beat 4 or 5 if we have neither, probably 2 or 3 with one of them and Derek.

If by some miracle both make it or Cass is back then we hopefully we hit the performances levels in recent away games and should make a good go of it.

Attacking wise we are fully back to having the four main strikers available for the first time but one problem sorts another rises (Cass, Jones, Forrester and Smith likely out).

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
If we have Smith and Forrester out I have no idea how we set up as we have one fit senior centre half then (Donnelly who’s made 10-12 apps in his career) and Agyakwa who looked miles out his depth when forced into action yesterday for his debut.

I’m at the stage where we should probably get Leon Legge in who’s a free agent to see us through because we simply have no options for our three at the back.

We will get beat 4 or 5 if we have neither, probably 2 or 3 with one of them and Derek.

If by some miracle both make it or Cass is back then we hopefully we hit the performances levels in recent away games and should make a good go of it.

Attacking wise we are fully back to having the four main strikers available for the first time but one problem sorts another rises (Cass, Jones, Forrester and Smith likely out).
Smith will play I reckon as he never misses games. This game if we play with a can't be arsed on the beach attitude will be 5 or 6 nil to Portsmouth or if we play like we have in these past few away games at Bolton and Fleetwood we will probably still lose but by the odd goal 1 nil or 2 1.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
TUESDAY 21ST MARCH
  • Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle
  • Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday

SATURDAY 25TH MARCH
  • Burton Albion v Cambridge United
  • Charlton Athletic v Wycombe Wanderers
  • Exeter City v Accrington Stanley
  • Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City
  • Milton Keynes Dons v Morecambe
  • Peterborough United v Derby County
  • Portsmouth v Port Vale
  • Shrewsbury Town v Bristol Rovers

SUNDAY 26TH MARCH
  • Forest Green Rovers v Sheffield Wednesday

Sexy fixtures of the week:

The South Yorkshire derby, probably more important (in points terms) to Barnsley than Sheff Wed, but still.
Fleetwood v Lincoln City - this game is HUGE in terms of the mid-table trophy and only the most mediocre will prevail
Franchise v Morecambe relegation six-pointer. Franchise (sadly) starting to pick up some form here (albeit v fellow relegation crapsters), Morecambe haven't won in 7.
Posh v Derby - the former still have an outside chance of the playoffs, Derby need the win to fend off the chasing pack
Portsmouth v Port Vale - The Port derby, one of the biggest in the division. Mouth v Vale - who will triumph? Obviously we all know that the ref will be against Vale (who isn't?) so PFC have that advantage going into the game.

But. Game of the Week -

LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on Sky.

One of the weakest L1 sides in living memory vs the points-guzzling juggernaut that is Sheffield Wednesday.

Who could win?

There could yet be an unforeseen hitch though - rumour has it that FGR head honcho Dale Vince has seen the publicity opportunities of this event and has a special twist planned.

FGR will go a couple down before HT - however this week, Dale Vince will secretly register himself as a player, and be presented to the home crowd at half time after a bunch of adverts for Vince's company Ecotricity.

Wearing a Popeye hat, Vince will then burst onto the pitch, make a big show of scoffing a bunch of spinach to symbolically FILL himself with GREEN STRENGTH, and since SWFC don't really need the points, Darren Moore (having received a chunky payoff) will instruct his otherwise iron defence to let Vince bag a hat-trick, winning the game for his side.

The full-time whistle will blow, FGR will hoist a massive banner onto the pitch with a huge portrait of Vince with the legend, "THE POWER OF GREEN ENERGY", and FGR bask in the glow of a famous win on live TV. Get your bets in now.

Could happen to be fair, Vince once scored a ‘superlative’ diving header against a Hollyoaks xi, so chances are he’s better than our other so called strikers anyway.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Cambridge at home. 6 pointer. Win that and I’m sure we will be staying up. We have a shite record though against them over the years. I think last season we scored 2 or 3 own goals in one game at the abbey.
There is talk that it might be off due to international call ups.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Smith will play I reckon as he never misses games. This game if we play with a can't be arsed on the beach attitude will be 5 or 6 nil to Portsmouth or if we play like we have in these past few away games at Bolton and Fleetwood we will probably still lose but by the odd goal 1 nil or 2 1.
Probably could do with Paddy Lane getting a late call up due to injuries so we can get some central defenders back. That said this one is a bit less of a pressure one but the one the week after at home to Cambridge is the biggy, need to be in good shape to attack them, Accrington A, Oxford H which should present opportunities to pick up points.

Smith I hope will be fit as our only experienced one left, it seemed the injury was from the impact with the Burton keeper so hopefully was just impact.

Last edited:

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
If FGR play anything like they did on Saturday against Shef Weds then it could end up a cricket score.

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
Cambridge at home. 6 pointer. Win that and I’m sure we will be staying up. We have a shite record though against them over the years. I think last season we scored 2 or 3 own goals in one game at the abbey.

I know you've had 3 call ups. You'd be wise to play us anyway at the moment.

Also it would ruin our traditional visit to the Town Brewery.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
If FGR play anything like they did on Saturday against Shef Weds then it could end up a cricket score.

We played like that to avoid a cricket score tbf. 11 men behind the ball, no pressing rarely got in your half, limited you to very few shots on target and slowed the game to a friendly/training session pace. Bit like watching San Marino, we were timewasting at 1-0 down.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
International call-ups for Cheltenham
Not a phrase that's been said too often, although the national teams represented are Northern Ireland, Guyana and Indonesia. Great for the players involved though.

Given our form (and Oxford's) I kind of wish we hadn't postponed it, especially as Bonds (Guyana international) picked up his 10th yellow on Saturday so would've missed the game anyway.

Still a chance for the squad to rest up a bit ahead of what is basically a free hit against Sheff Weds next Wednesday.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Pretty much agree that our tactics against Argyle, while not attractive, were, as far they went, fairly intelligent, given our limited skillset at the moment. And think that in all honesty we should have done something similar against some of the other teams that really are, or rather should be, a whole league apart from us. Our goal difference at least might be less disastrous had we done so.

Not convinced it will be half as effective against a team with Bannan and Windass in, but if we are not ultra-defensive I could imagine that turning into a 7-0 or 8-0 rout, or worse.

Saw Mark Cooper's Yeovil do something similar against Notts County a few months back (on that £5 ticket "break the national league record attendance day"), as well as it being a chance to compare our then-manager's old team with our old manager's new team).

Was a terribly dull game, to say the least, but Yeovil got what they went for, a draw against a vastly superior opponents. Really horrible to watch (and embarrassing given that the National League crowd record was indeed broken), but certainly an effective way for a shit team to hobble stronger opponents.

And at least (as Argyle fans should appreciate), at least we didn't go Full Wycombe.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Well we’ve been pretty hopeless playing 3 at the back, slightly better with 4 but with current injuries/suspensions that’s gone to pot as well, so 10 at the back definitely seems the best option right now.

Big Dunc was delighted with our performance on Saturday, so expect those tactics to be repeated in our upcoming games against some of the top sides. Maybe we can shithouse our way to a point from somewhere.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Problem is that to go by his interviews (the fans forum with Dale Vince apart) Big Dunc is always delighted with our performance. I'm worried he might explode with joy if we actually win a game sometime somehow!

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Guarantee you don’t beat us this weekend. #celebratingnotlosing

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united

Called off, as expected. They'd have rolled us over as well.

Now the Gods are taunting us with 3 winnable games to finish - although we'll probably be gone by then.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Problem is that to go by his interviews (the fans forum with Dale Vince apart) Big Dunc is always delighted with our performance. I'm worried he might explode with joy if we actually win a game sometime somehow!
I don't think he will be the only one exploding...we shoud be treating every game like a cup game, as an underdog trying to create an upset, the Bolton home game had precisely that feel and we bloody won it!

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Called off, as expected. They'd have rolled us over as well.

Now the Gods are taunting us with 3 winnable games to finish - although we'll probably be gone by then.
It’s so much more relaxing when we’re not playing. I suddenly feel so much happier about the weekend.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Probably could do with Paddy Lane getting a late call up due to injuries so we can get some central defenders back. That said this one is a bit less of a pressure one but the one the week after at home to Cambridge is the biggy, need to be in good shape to attack them, Accrington A, Oxford H which should present opportunities to pick up points.

Smith I hope will be fit as our only experienced one left, it seemed the injury was from the impact with the Burton keeper so hopefully was just impact.
I know he isn't very tall but Sammy Robinson was signed as a centre back when he came to vale so he may play there on Saturday as like you say we are fucked if Smith misses as he pretty much always plays.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Yes just read that.
It works well for us actually as we have a lot of injuries, although given your fragile confidence it might be have been good for us to play it.
Might be an interesting 6 pointer when it’s rescheduled.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We're down to the bare, bare bones for Fleetwood. Walsh, Eyoma and Poole all missed Saturday through injury, Rushworth and Roughan are on international duty and O'Connor is suspended for two games after 10 bookings, which means that as it stands, we have 3 available defenders. Erhahon went off injured against Posh as well.

Not fancying our chances on bit.

geg1992

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Bit frustrated we called off the game against Barnsley, especially as only 2 got called up...

Saying that, Broadhead and Burns are really important players. We do have ridiculous strength in depth though, so no real need.

Hoping it works in our favour, with our bigger squad and Barnsley having to squeeze an extra game in to the end, although it's only one after tonight (not sure when the other is?).

Hoping for a draw tonight, as Sheff Wed may not be so out of sight then, although I'm grasping at straws as they're deserved champions I think.

Royalowl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
Tough game for us tonight - we may very well have 8 players ruled out - 4 already are - Heneghan, Iwiekwe, Paterson and Wilks. Windass and Byers are very doubtful (rumours they are out or the season) Gregory and James are also big doubts.

That leaves us with one fit attacker - Smith (and hes had a bandage on his arm for the last 4 games). I'd take a point with it being a game in hand - we also have a kind run in (on paper).

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
This season just won't put us out of our misery. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" as Michael Corleone might say.

We are just about still in the play- off hunt, but in the knowledge that one more bad week will finish us. We have a batch of winnable games coming up: Port Vale, Forest Green and Morecambe at home, and MK Dons away.

Due to a weird fixture quirk we will jump ahead of Bolton if we win our next three, but only because Bolton won't be playing due to International break and Pizza Cup commitments. However, Bolton have the easiest remaining fixtures of anyone on paper so this is likely to be short-lived. Derby might be most vulnerable after their weird defeat last weekend and tougher fixture list.

Lots of ifs and buts though, and now I've mentioned the dreaded P word we will no doubt fall flat on our faces against Vale.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We're down to the bare, bare bones for Fleetwood. Walsh, Eyoma and Poole all missed Saturday through injury, Rushworth and Roughan are on international duty and O'Connor is suspended for two games after 10 bookings, which means that as it stands, we have 3 available defenders. Erhahon went off injured against Posh as well.

Not fancying our chances on bit.
Crazy how we have gone from so many to so few options at the back.

Who have we got left as CBs?

Assuming we'll go 5 at the back if Poole is fit (unsure what his injury is?), with CM Sorensen standing in again at right wing back):
Boyes Jackson Montsma Poole Sorensen

However if Poole is out, god knows. Sorensen at RB in a 4?

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Yes just read that.
It works well for us actually as we have a lot of injuries, although given your fragile confidence it might be have been good for us to play it.
Might be an interesting 6 pointer when it’s rescheduled.
I think your point about our fragile confidence would trump any missing players you have. That said, I think we will probably be relegated by the time we play you so won’t matter to us anyway!

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I think your point about our fragile confidence would trump any missing players you have. That said, I think we will probably be relegated by the time we play you so won’t matter to us anyway!
I’m sure you won’t.
Besides / we have conceded 70 goals. Some come fill your boots. We can score lots but are dreadful at the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!