Tues 28 Feb/Sat 4 March

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
All 4 goals in this game have been set pieces. Our marking has been pathetic. On the balance of play Pompey have probably deserved it. We definitely look tired and I didn’t fancy us before the game.

Chances of autos have almost definitely gone now. We just need to make sure we sustain enough momentum for the playoffs.
Yes, you definitely ran out of steam towards the end. It's been noticeable under Mousinho that we've generally finished games in the ascendancy.

We shaded the first half but it looked like you were pretty comfortable in the second half until our equaliser, which came out of the blue. Very pleased that we've finally beaten a good team.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Could have really done with Cheltenham getting something against Derby tonight but was never really expected. Atleast Bolton lost and Peterborough failed to win so not too bad an evening results wise from our perspective.

Anyway… onto Saturday… Derby County away. Huge game for us this!

Remember going to Pride Park back in 2011 in the League Cup. We were 3-0 up at HT with a certain Derby striker James Collins scoring for us that night. Ended up winning 3-2 in the end, I’d take the same again here.

We simply HAVE to win to stay in touch of the top 6. Normally I’d be reasonably happy with a draw at Pride Park but not this time. I’m sure Cotterill will have us fired up for this one and I’m quietly confident we’ll upset the odds here.

Derby 1-2 Salop

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Strange game, that. I'm glad we showed some character and took advantage of Bolton's sloppy marking late on. Towler is looking like a steal at 30k.

Just a shame our season died last month and we'd need a miracle to trouble the top 6.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The first half plan of keeping Derby to potshots and riding our luck whilst having absolutely nothing going forward nearly worked, but a lapse in concentration saw us go a goal down 2 mins before half-time.

Second half Derby just bid their time and waited to catch us on the break - once that opportunity came they took it and the game was over.

McGoldrick is far too good for this league!!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Could have really done with Cheltenham getting something against Derby tonight but was never really expected. Atleast Bolton lost and Peterborough failed to win so not too bad an evening results wise from our perspective.

Remember going to Pride Park back in 2011 in the League Cup. We were 3-0 up at HT with a certain Derby striker James Collins scoring for us that night. Ended up winning 3-2 in the end, I’d take the same again here.

We simply HAVE to win to stay in touch of the top 6. Normally I’d be reasonably happy with a draw at Pride Park but not this time. I’m sure Cotterill will have us fired up for this one and I’m quietly confident we’ll upset the odds here.

Derby 1-2 Salop
Unfortunately I think you've got way too much to do at this point. You're likely to have to make up a 9 point swing, which just won't happen.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Derby 1-2 Salop

Will you stop with this play off talk ffs, it's embarrassing now. You're absolutely nowhere near good enough for the top 6. You've literally beaten all the shit sides at the bottom and scraped an undeserved win against us. You're at your peak. Had a great season in regards to the table, but be realistic!

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
The first half plan of keeping Derby to potshots and riding our luck whilst having absolutely nothing going forward nearly worked, but a lapse in concentration saw us go a goal down 2 mins before half-time.

Second half Derby just bid their time and waited to catch us on the break - once that opportunity came they took it and the game was over.

McGoldrick is far too good for this league!!

This is only true because somehow they have miraculously kept him fit all season. That's a feat he's failed to achieve in most seasons throughout his career. I'm really happy for him though; had a lot of time for him after his time with Ipswich.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Will you stop with this play off talk ffs, it's embarrassing now. You're absolutely nowhere near good enough for the top 6. You've literally beaten all the shit sides at the bottom and scraped an undeserved win against us. You're at your peak. Had a great season in regards to the table, but be realistic!
You just concentrate on making sure you have that £20 in your bank account ready to go to charity. Unless you’re still adamant that your shitshow is still finishing above us come May?

Aaahhh it’s lovely to not be sat in a pub come 5pm pissed off and drowning my sorrows into a pint whilst muttering at how shit my clubs lack of attack options, referees, and fellow teams of League 1 are. Bliss!

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
This is only true because somehow they have miraculously kept him fit all season. That's a feat he's failed to achieve in most seasons throughout his career. I'm really happy for him though; had a lot of time for him after his time with Ipswich.
He completely controlled everything last night - without him Derby might well have still won, but he made it so much easier for them.

It's rare I notice an opposition player, so one-eyed am I on my own team, but you couldn't help but notice how in charge of things he was.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We are so, so frustrating at home - FGR, Accrington, Fleetwood, MK are all games we should have been taking wins from but let leads slip. We should be solid mid-table by now and around the 50 point mark.

It's a season of extremes for us. One of the best defensive records in L1 but one of the worst attacking records. The best side at defending set pieces in L1 this season but one of the worst at attacking set pieces. One of only two sides in the EFL with an unbeaten home record yet only 3 (I think I read) have less wins at home.

17 draws this season is mental, we had a season under Keith Alexander where it was similar (20 or so). I can't work out whether the attacking players are being held back and could score more, or whether Kennedy doesn't trust them enough to go and kill teams off.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We are so, so frustrating at home - FGR, Accrington, Fleetwood, MK are all games we should have been taking wins from but let leads slip. We should be solid mid-table by now and around the 50 point mark.

It's a season of extremes for us. One of the best defensive records in L1 but one of the worst attacking records. The best side at defending set pieces in L1 this season but one of the worst at attacking set pieces. One of only two sides in the EFL with an unbeaten home record yet only 3 (I think I read) have less wins at home.

17 draws this season is mental, we had a season under Keith Alexander where it was similar (20 or so). I can't work out whether the attacking players are being held back and could score more, or whether Kennedy doesn't trust them enough to go and kill teams off.
Nuts your home record! Decent if you play the pools I guess!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You just concentrate on making sure you have that £20 in your bank account ready to go to charity. Unless you’re still adamant that your shitshow is still finishing above us come May?

Aaahhh it’s lovely to not be sat in a pub come 5pm pissed off and drowning my sorrows into a pint whilst muttering at how shit my clubs lack of attack options, referees, and fellow teams of League 1 are. Bliss!
To be fair to Dan, he is right, your not making up a 9 point gap in 13 games (likely more because Barnsley have 2 in hand and your low goal difference). You wont come close unfortunately.

Top 6 is all but done, especially with the form Barnsley are showing.

Add in that he is correct you've had an extremely favourable set of fixtures and that run in you have is horrific.

To put it into context statistically your currently rated at a 2% chance.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
To be fair to Dan, he is right, your not making up a 9 point gap in 13 games (likely more because Barnsley have 2 in hand and your low goal difference). You wont come close unfortunately.

Add in that he is correct you've had an extremely favourable set of fixtures and that run in you have is horrific.

And they lost to us twice, absolutely no chance they're making the playoffs lol

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury

Dan is most likely right on this, I agree. It was the manner in how he replied to my post. Can’t expect to have a bit thrown back at him, but it’s all in good fun from my end anyway.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
And they lost to us twice, absolutely no chance they're making the playoffs lol
We were deservedly beaten at Whaddon Road but at our place you were extremely lucky. Won’t go into that all again.

Think losing twice to Cheltenham and Accrington and that terrible defeat away at Cambridge over Christmas will bite us come the end. I’ve enjoyed this season so far though and it’s been nice to get to March with an outside chance of top 6. Definitely beats boring bottom half any day of the week.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
MK Dons at home for us, tricky encounter but one we need to certainly avoid defeat in to keep any worries at bay and ideally take three points from at home.

They were awful but beat us away in August when we missed a hatful and managed to concede from a free kick and long ranger (standard)! but seem to have a lot of new players in. Need to turn the performance at Bolton into a winning performance and build now with a more kinder run of fixtures on paper, especially at home.

They seem to be possession based looking at their stats from last night which may suit us on our sandpit.

We've now got striker options back with us finally able to start two and try and build that partnership with Harrison and Taylor (who are best mates from their fruitful partnership at Bristol Rovers), James Wilson may also be back being back in full training since being injured at Hillsborough in December.

Its a big game for us, we need to start picking up points and get over the line, a win here would open up a 13 point gap between us and MK Dons which with 11 to go after is probably them out the equation as a worry to us in terms of catching us up, along with FGR (defeat for Cambridge probably adds them in as well).

Essentially win this and we probably have one foot in League One next season and will make life a lot easier for ourselves.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
MK Dons at home for us, tricky encounter but one we need to certainly avoid defeat in to keep any worries at bay and ideally take three points from at home.

They were awful but beat us away in August when we missed a hatful and managed to concede from a free kick and long ranger (standard)! but seem to have a lot of new players in. Need to turn the performance at Bolton into a winning performance and build now with a more kinder run of fixtures on paper, especially at home.

They seem to be possession based looking at their stats from last night which may suit us on our sandpit.

We've now got striker options back with us finally able to start two and try and build that partnership with Harrison and Taylor (who are best mates from their fruitful partnership at Bristol Rovers), James Wilson may also be back being back in full training since being injured at Hillsborough in December.

Its a big game for us, we need to start picking up points and get over the line, a win here would open up a 13 point gap between us and MK Dons which with 11 to go after is probably them out the equation as a worry to us in terms of catching us up, along with FGR (defeat for Cambridge probably adds them in as well).

Essentially win this and we probably have one foot in League One next season and will make life a lot easier for ourselves.
According to the stats last night mk Dons had 4 shots on target against Lincoln. If that happens against vale then there scoring 3 or 4 goals. We have basically got limit them to nothing and basically take 1 of our several chances that we will make and most likely miss.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
March is massive for us.
Wycombe (A)
Lincoln (H)
Cheltenham (A)
Accy (H)
Barnsley (H)

3 wins should be okay, maybe 2 plus a draw and we should be all but safe.

It's April I'm worried about!
Bolton (H)
Peterborough (A)
Argyle (H)
Derby (H)
Wednesday (A)
Ipswich (A)

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
Making the long trip up north for this one - decent boozer recommendations Barnsley fans?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
March is massive for us.
Wycombe (A)
Lincoln (H)
Cheltenham (A)
Accy (H)
Barnsley (H)

Bolton (H)
Peterborough (A)
Argyle (H)
Derby (H)
Wednesday (A)
Ipswich (A)
One win will be enough for you I think. That'll be 45 points and I can't see those below winning half of their remaining games just to catch you up.

It's currently looking at 43 for survival.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
March is massive for us.
Wycombe (A)
Lincoln (H)
Cheltenham (A)
Accy (H)
Barnsley (H)

Bolton (H)
Peterborough (A)
Argyle (H)
Derby (H)
Wednesday (A)
Ipswich (A)
Wow, that April run is insane. You'll be fine though, as Luke Imp says you probably only need one win or even just a few draws given how badly the bottom sides are doing.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
March is massive for us.
Wycombe (A)
Lincoln (H)
Cheltenham (A)
Accy (H)
Barnsley (H)

Bolton (H)
Peterborough (A)
Argyle (H)
Derby (H)
Wednesday (A)
Ipswich (A)
Don't forget Fleetwood!

I think one more win and a couple of draws will be enough, then we can concentrate on the mid table cup

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
Making the long trip up north for this one - decent boozer recommendations Barnsley fans?

Dove Inn highly recommended, including home made pie, chips & peas or chip barms/butties.

As early arrivals, we were able to park nearby but the East Dene Working Men's Club is just down the road with parking for only £2.

EDIT: When I say EARLY, don't get there a week early.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
One win will be enough for you I think. That'll be 45 points and I can't see those below winning half of their remaining games just to catch you up.

It's currently looking at 43 for survival.
We’re not getting to 43. I reckon 40 might be enough this year as we’re all dreadful.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I'll be happy with a point at Wycombe, as we are nailed on to get a point against Lincoln the week after!

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
Haha thanks for the reminder all... got a bit carried away after discussing travel/overnight plans with the group earlier!

Will make sure I'm at Home Park on Saturday and not Oakwell....

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Don't worry, I'm a man of my word! Annoying that we've only fallen away so much due to our dire injuries but it is what it is!

I'm tee total fella, so that one's lost on me.

Dan is most likely right on this, I agree. It was the manner in how he replied to my post. Can’t expect to have a bit thrown back at him, but it’s all in good fun from my end anyway.

My apologies. Was a bit snappy and uncalled for. Was having a bad day. No bad feelings from me.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Don't worry, I'm a man of my word! Annoying that we've only fallen away so much due to our dire injuries but it is what it is!

I'm tee total fella, so that one's lost on me.

My apologies. Was a bit snappy and uncalled for. Was having a bad day. No bad feelings from me.
Talking of injuries, Dan Jones injured after his injury away at Shrewsbury and will now miss the rest of the season.

Big blow that, didn't think he would step up after falling away from the picture second half of last season but has been very good, hopefully gets a new deal and it isn't the last we see of him.

Does leave the defence very thin on the ground now with only Agyakwa to cover who is yet to make an appearance after signing from Watford (think he's "one for the future" signing). and Cass still out, need Donnelly to really step up now.

Looks more positive at least on James Wilson, back in full training, maybe we will see him tomorrow on the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!