Tuesday 15th December 2020

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Whats happened to the Bradford posters on here?

I know you're near the bottom but you got a point tonight even if it was "only Crawley". A bit of cheer ready for a surge in the new year....?

Casey

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
That's because he's injured

Fucking Stevenage injuring Tanner so pointlessly, it's always bloody Stevenage the dirty twats!

It was them who crocked Lee Miller that time too.

The sooner that shit stain of a club go out of the football league for real this time the better and good riddance if they do, hopefully they fuck off and never come back up.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Cadden looked a very good attacking outlet I thought. He caused us the most problems and had a good delivery.

Mills was really struggling with Cadden in the second half, he looked a good player. Did seem to be helped by the fact that there seems to be a real soft spot in our defence on the right hand side particularly the channel between Mills and Legge. Seems more solid on the other side where am finding Fitz is growing on me by the game, nothing spectacular just does what he does with minimum fuss, precisely what I want from a defender.

Good luck to FGR though. It does seem to be usually among the more watchable games at this level when we play them.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Fucking Stevenage injuring Tanner so pointlessly, it's always bloody Stevenage the dirty twats!

It was them who crocked Lee Miller that time too.

The sooner that shit stain of a club go out of the football league for real this time the better and good riddance if they do, hopefully they fuck off and never come back up.
Wasn't that Wycombe?

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Fantastic start. Grimsby will stay up. Onto Saturday

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Felt we played well again without the reward and were certainly the better team second half.

Forest Green have got some good technical footballers and a couple of giants in midfield but I thought we competed very well.

How we didn't score second half I don't know. With an experienced goal poacher we'd be right up there. Even on our losing streak we were creating more chances than the opposition.

As others have said, Forest Green will be up there and we've been the better side tonight. I feel we've stopped the rot and I believe after Walsall we play 4 of the bottom 5 next. We desperately need a run of 4 or 5 wins in a row which would put us right back in the mix. Our awful November might have left us with a bit too much to do though.

Someone will be on the wrong end of all these chances we're creating.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Mills was really struggling with Cadden in the second half, he looked a good player. Did seem to be helped by the fact that there seems to be a real soft spot in our defence on the right hand side particularly the channel between Mills and Legge. Seems more solid on the other side where am finding Fitz is growing on me by the game, nothing spectacular just does what he does with minimum fuss, precisely what I want from a defender.

Good luck to FGR though. It does seem to be usually among the more watchable games at this level when we play them.
Mills was at fault Saturday but tonight Fitz was missing for their goal and Legge exposed although Brown should of come out and mopped up possibly.

Do like Fitz though, not sure why Clark isn’t getting in now though, offers more going forward.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Felt we played well again without the reward and were certainly the better team second half.

Forest Green have got some good technical footballers and a couple of giants in midfield but I thought we competed very well.

How we didn't score second half I don't know. With an experienced goal poacher we'd be right up there. Even on our losing streak we were creating more chances than the opposition.

As others have said, Forest Green will be up there and we've been the better side tonight. I feel we've stopped the rot and I believe after Walsall we play 4 of the bottom 5 next. We desperately need a run of 4 or 5 wins in a row which would put us right back in the mix. Our awful November might have left us with a bit too much to do though.

Someone will be on the wrong end of all these chances we're creating.
Barrow, Bradford, Mansfield and Grimsby after Walsall. Three of whom are in dire form, the other don’t lose many but don’t win either. Big games for us those and if we can beat Walsall would give us a boost. Away suits us as Walsall will come out at us. Barrow lose on Saturday I think they head to Vale on 7 losses though and we all know how that tends to go for us!

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

I know you're near the bottom but you got a point tonight even if it was "only Crawley". A bit of cheer ready for a surge in the new year....?

Casey
Everyone’s seemed to have gone quiet! Only heard a few minutes of the game but the overriding feeling is one of disappointment that we didn’t get what sounds like a deserved win, balanced with the fact that for once we gave somebody a game and didn’t role over as we do/did every other week.
Not sure if we’ll have a new man in by the weekend, I think they’ve mentioned the Grimsby game next Tuesday but fingers crossed for the new manager bounce because we certainly need it.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Casey

Casey
We have been that used to seeing dire performances and losing every week under Stuart McCall, we were stunned into silence last night and forgot how to celebrate a draw.

We had our two academy coaches in charge last night and they ditched the constantly failing 3-5-2 system that McCall stubbornly refused to change. We played a 4-2-3-1 system that made us look a lot more solid and last night's welcome point was hopefully a start of the long climb up to mid table safety.

We are hoping to have a new manager in place in time for the Grimsby match next Tuesday. Massive appointment for our new CEO, hopefully he gets it right

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Who knows Shoddy. Way I see it, their biggest problem is Holloway and the money he's put into the club. It's hard to sack an investor and I'm not sure they really could afford to do that either. Any other manager and he wouldn't be still there in the morning.
Holloway is yet to put a penny into the club yet as he’s only just managed to sell his house.

The problem is much much deeper and it lays with the rest of the board, they feel being run on the cheap is equal to being ‘well run’. It wasn’t Holloway’s decision to spectacularly fuck up the squad retention, nor was it to give 25% reductions. We should’ve seen that if we went bust then so did everyone else, so quite why we planned for playing no football this season is absolutely beyond me.

Holloway isn’t without criticism here, but I’m utterly convinced we’d be in this mess regardless of who’s the manager.

Thankfully the mess Fenty has got into has reignited interest from Tom Shutes and two other investors who almost took us over in Jan. If that happens coupled with a clear out in Jan, we might be okay. If it doesn’t and Holloway messes up his Jan recruitment, we’re completely and utterly fucked.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
great game for the neutrals last night and could have easily had a lot more goals than the 1-1 scoreline.

we should have won based on the more/better chances but it's a problem we've faced all season. We either don't create chances or create loads but don't score enough. I think i heard the radio say we've had the most amount of distinct goalscorers in league 2 this season but we don't have a stand out 2-3 who can score every 3 or 4 games.

FGR were a good side, the frustrating thing is we've competed against pretty much every team we've played this season and the line between challenging at the top of the league and getting 5 points from 10 games is ridiculously fine for us.

very easy to say it now looking back, but had we got the 2 wins our performances deserved in the last 2 games we'd be in the playoffs. If we can click at all then we can still be a contender for promotion but equally, we're midtable if we can't put the ball in the net enough.

Hopefully Amoo can stay fit now, we really have missed him this year.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
great game for the neutrals last night and could have easily had a lot more goals than the 1-1 scoreline.

we should have won based on the more/better chances but it's a problem we've faced all season. We either don't create chances or create loads but don't score enough. I think i heard the radio say we've had the most amount of distinct goalscorers in league 2 this season but we don't have a stand out 2-3 who can score every 3 or 4 games.

FGR were a good side, the frustrating thing is we've competed against pretty much every team we've played this season and the line between challenging at the top of the league and getting 5 points from 10 games is ridiculously fine for us.

very easy to say it now looking back, but had we got the 2 wins our performances deserved in the last 2 games we'd be in the playoffs. If we can click at all then we can still be a contender for promotion but equally, we're midtable if we can't put the ball in the net enough.

Hopefully Amoo can stay fit now, we really have missed him this year.

Pretty much how I see it at the moment. We are not far off and given we did have 6 defeats on the bounce are still well within touching distance of the top 7. Even during that bad run the only game which really infuriated me was Stevenage though my anger was more with the players who allegedly were on the field that night than the manager so much, that was just unacceptable. The other defeats in the main was a combination of some bad luck and the odd moment of brilliance from the opposition.

On the subject of Amoo that chance he had near the end looking again at it if he'd have squared it for Pope then it was almost impossible to miss. Not going to have a go at him though as one of the biggest frustrations with us going forward at times has been our desire to walk it in rather than have a pop at goal.

Reactions: Soz

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
So exeter and cheltenham loose at home and my acca is up shit creek, thats why the bookies will always have more money than us.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Pretty much how I see it at the moment. We are not far off and given we did have 6 defeats on the bounce are still well within touching distance of the top 7. Even during that bad run the only game which really infuriated me was Stevenage though my anger was more with the players who allegedly were on the field that night than the manager so much, that was just unacceptable. The other defeats in the main was a combination of some bad luck and the odd moment of brilliance from the opposition.

On the subject of Amoo that chance he had near the end looking again at it if he'd have squared it for Pope then it was almost impossible to miss. Not going to have a go at him though as one of the biggest frustrations with us going forward at times has been our desire to walk it in rather than have a pop at goal.
Amoo should of squared it for a tap in, equally how Burgess fired wide late on I will never know, literally had to just slot it home but went for power... as he did after a brilliant touch to set up the chance that nearly snapped the bar in half.

Bolton was what happens when we take the chances and equally had the chances to score plenty.

Rodney is starting to look the real deal now with games though which is pleasing, we should try to persevere with him.

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
If they let 2,000 of us in I can see all 2,000 trying to get at the board and only showing a passing interest on what's happening on the pitch. The fans are even more revolting than usual!

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum

Casey
They're still very active on the other forum

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV

Totally agree, Stevenage was the standout unacceptable performance. We were second best v Newport too but the performance was ok and I don't think it would have been a travesty for them if we'd have got the point.

Amoo should have done better really. I hope we weren't rushing him back as it looked like he'd properly done his hamstring v orient.

Agree with Valefan16 re Rodney too - he is unplayable when he is on it and the way he breezed past the defender for the goal will give other fullbacks nightmares. His decision making needs some work and for every half decent shot he has, there are 5 that go into orbit. That being said, I think he's my starter at ST as long as we have two of the wingers fit.

Special mention to Hurst too - i think he's had two good games. missed a couple of chances but he puts a really good cross in and was involved throughout. Good option to have although I can't wait for Worral/Monty/Amoo to get fully fit.

Topher

Reaction score
Supports
vale
looking back at that Hurst chance, his first touch to take it past Godwin-Malife was unreal. Feel pretty bad for him he couldn't put it away, would have been an all time great goal

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
looking back at that Hurst chance, his first touch to take it past Godwin-Malife was unreal. Feel pretty bad for him he couldn't put it away, would have been an all time great goal
Hurst has done very well and to cover Worrall yesterday is credit to him, I like him, maybe finally found a non league player who can do things for us.

He’s really taken his chance.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
There was 1, fair play to him as well.
The was a couple of hundred dotted all over due to you only selling 1600 tickets and tickets going on open sale on Monday.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Fuck me we were dreadful tonight, and full credit to Bolton who stifled anything we tried and caught us napping at the end.

We need a goalscorer. May and Lloyd will run and run, but they both had chances tonight that a natural scorer would have put away without issue. Our midfield didn't get going and Chris Hussey was kept quiet - when he's quiet we really struggle.

The ref was an absolute bellend and made some truly baffling decisions, but he was not the reason we lost tonight.

That's a few times we've conceded in injury time now, twice have been defeats with a draw against Cambridge, and we need to nip that in the bud urgently.

We move on, hopefully back to winning ways against Barrow on Saturday.
I dont think you were dreadful, but everything revolves around Tozer throws. I think we should have scored with one of the three good chances we created first half. Second half we huffed and puffed and with ten mins left we settled for the draw. I thought your manager is having a laff with saying we was wasting time because Delaney cleaned the ball with a towel.......Guess its ok for Tozer to do it.
We have certainly played better this year and lost.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
If the last two games have proved anything it’s that Mansfield still have it in them to be completely wank.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Hard fought win, but quite comfortable really. Mansfield were good in defence and midfield but lacking a bit in the final third. Some heroic blocks from Mansfield stopped it being more than 1-0. One in particularly at 0-0 was absolutely unreal.

That’s now 4 wins in a row, 2 goals conceded in 6 games. Up to 2nd, 2 points off top spot. I’m getting a bit optimistic. Big game next at Forest Green.

Tanner being out for a few months is a disaster though, but Armer did alright. Not sure about him playing right back long term though I have to say.

We did (bizarrely Mr.Clough) have our best two strikers on the bench.

Who would you rather us play, Bowery and Reid or Maynard and Cook? Every manager in this division would prefer us to start with the first two. I think he’s one of those that will not change things unless we lose, but the Grimsby performance was worthy of 3/4 changes.

Are Carlisle safe from relegation now? :D

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Maynard wasn’t even on the bench. I presumed he was injured.

35 points isn’t safe. Get to 40-42 points we’ll be about safe.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I dont think you were dreadful, but everything revolves around Tozer throws. I think we should have scored with one of the three good chances we created first half. Second half we huffed and puffed and with ten mins left we settled for the draw. I thought your manager is having a laff with saying we was wasting time because Delaney cleaned the ball with a towel.......Guess its ok for Tozer to do it.
We have certainly played better this year and lost.

Except, the Tozer throw really isn't the be all and end all. You may think that because of how shit we were last night. We were truly shocking by the standards that the players have set in previous games. Let's get this right - we were shit, Bolton were shit, a draw looked likely, but full credit to Bolton for nicking it at the end - albeit our defending was truly appalling for the goal. Delaney had all the time and space in the World - the fact it only just about squirmed under our keeper signified the quality of the game (i.e. absolutely none at all).

As for Duff saying about Delaney wasting time, his point wasn't that he shouldn't use the towel, his point was that the towel had been there all night and none of your players had used it at any point. Then when it gets near to the end all of a sudden they start using it. The ball was no wetter in the 85th minute than it would have been in the 10th minute. Also, he wasn't criticising Bolton for time-wasting, he was pointing out a) how far we've come and b) how far Bolton have dropped when they're coming to a club like Cheltenham and time-wasting to gain a point in the hope to maybe nick one later.

I was wrong about it being one fan, but it definitely wasn't a couple of hundred. The capacity last night was 1,685. Tickets went on general sale last week once the new capacity was confirmed, with there only being 919 season ticket holders. I had no qualms with Bolton fans being in attendance, as long as they're not looking to cause trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!