Tuesday 16 April fixtures

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Screenshot 2024-04-14 091546.png

Perhaps with the exception of Gas v Cambridge (Cambridge not mathematically safe but it would require a ridiculous set of results for them to go down now) then literally every game has something riding on it, so:

• Bolton v Shrews - Bolton still fighting for an auto spot, or failing that will be desperate to keep momentum heading in as favourites for a play-off campaign. Shrews shat the bed against us yesterday, throwing away what looked like a straightforward point in a moment of red-card madness, so their end to the season is more nervous than it needs to be. After today they face two beach sides (Charlton and Orient) - they're most likely fine, but probably not the way they wanted to end the season.
  • Gas v Cambridge - The Gas have suddenly turned into goalmonsters after a recent drought, either that or Chelts played a shocker at the weekend. Would back Cambridge here, like I said they're all but safe but will want to seal that.
  • Burton v Chelts - now THIS is the daddy. Absolutely crucial game for Cheltenham, they're still not down if they lose but given their dogshit final sequence of games (Lincoln/Posh/Stevenage) then this is a must-win for them.
  • OUFC v Lincoln - the former will be flying high from giving Posh a dicking at the weekend, Lincoln now have only a wildly outside chance at a playoff spot but still have plenty to play for so you'd think both sides will be going in with guns blazing
  • Posh v Fleetwood - Posh will be wanting to put their Saturday horror shown firmly behind them, Fleetwood have to win to continue any slim hopes of survival.
  • Portsmouth v Barnsley - Don't know what happened to Barnsley of late, they really seem to have gone off the boil, so you'd expect Pompey to confirm their auto slot here, fair play to them.

We face the epic might of Port Vale away.

Given our run of Tues-Sat games that we've been on, expect our squad to be rotated once again from what it was on Saturday, but if you're thinking, "ah, they'll play the kids", then no, we don't really have them.

Our strength in depth is pretty decent, we barely have any deadwood, and we have a fair few playing for a contract next season, so whilst we may not care so much about the points, I doubt we'll rock up just to roll over.

I'm not saying we're much good, mind, the table doesn't lie, and we look very ordinary a lot of the time, but this will be a nervy game for Vale.

They will understandably consider this their "easy" fixture (before they face Bolton on Sat), but then they could have said the same about Saturday's game and look how that panned out...

dannylad01

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Twitter
@dannytudor01
Hurst said after the game yesterday that he fears what Bolton would do to us if we repeat that performance. Given our horrendous record in midweek games this year, and the fact that Bolton need to make up points and goal difference on Derby (not that it'll matter much with Derby's fixtures), I'd be surprised if it's not at least 3-0, which we've done 3 times on Tuesday nights so far. Really hope I'm wrong and we can get on the beach 10 days early, or Wycombe can do us a favour.

A draw between Burton and Cheltenham would be handy too, just to keep Burton behind us.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
View attachment 20089
Perhaps with the exception of Gas v Cambridge (Cambridge not mathematically safe but it would require a ridiculous set of results for them to go down now) then literally every game has something riding on it, so:

• Bolton v Shrews - Bolton still fighting for an auto spot, or failing that will be desperate to keep momentum heading in as favourites for a play-off campaign. Shrews shat the bed against us yesterday, throwing away what looked like a straightforward point in a moment of red-card madness, so their end to the season is more nervous than it needs to be. After today they face two beach sides (Charlton and Orient) - they're most likely fine, but probably not the way they wanted to end the season.
  • Gas v Cambridge - The Gas have suddenly turned into goalmonsters after a recent drought, either that or Chelts played a shocker at the weekend. Would back Cambridge here, like I said they're all but safe but will want to seal that.
  • Burton v Chelts - now THIS is the daddy. Absolutely crucial game for Cheltenham, they're still not down if they lose but given their dogshit final sequence of games (Lincoln/Posh/Stevenage) then this is a must-win for them.
  • OUFC v Lincoln - the former will be flying high from giving Posh a dicking at the weekend, Lincoln now have only a wildly outside chance at a playoff spot but still have plenty to play for so you'd think both sides will be going in with guns blazing
  • Posh v Fleetwood - Posh will be wanting to put their Saturday horror shown firmly behind them, Fleetwood have to win to continue any slim hopes of survival.
  • Portsmouth v Barnsley - Don't know what happened to Barnsley of late, they really seem to have gone off the boil, so you'd expect Pompey to confirm their auto slot here, fair play to them.

Given our run of Tues-Sat games that we've been on, expect our squad to be rotated once again from what it was on Saturday, but if you're thinking, "ah, they'll play the kids", then no, we don't really have them.

Our strength in depth is pretty decent, we barely have any deadwood, and we have a fair few playing for a contract next season, so whilst we may not care so much about the points, I doubt we'll rock up just to roll over.

I'm not saying we're much good, mind, the table doesn't lie, and we look very ordinary a lot of the time, but this will be a nervy game for Vale.

They will understandably consider this their "easy" fixture (before they face Bolton on Sat), but then they could have said the same about Saturday's game and look how that panned out...
Doesn’t matter if it’s easy on paper or hard. We’ve only won twice in months against an awful mis performing Burton and a Rovers side on the beach with Zero attacking threat.

We have a dire home record v Wycombe and at best a see a half arsed draw which pretty much sends us down anyway.

We’ve had the same schedule as Wycombe so will probably be knackered and be less able to change it… oh and are winless in 21 midweek league games spanning over two years.

Can’t wait…

dwightyorke

Reaction score
Supports
Bergkamp10
View attachment 20089

I doubt the vale fans care. The ones I've spoke to have already accepted there down so it's not a big game for them as there already relegated. They have mostly been saying they will lose 2 or 3 nil to Wycombe and 7 nil to Bolton.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
After our recent run - it's hard to see us getting anything at all.

It is genuinely the last chance saloon for us. Lose and we're down - no ifs or buts.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I doubt the vale fans care. The ones I've spoke to have already accepted there down so it's not a big game for them as there already relegated. They have mostly been saying they will lose 2 or 3 nil to Wycombe and 7 nil to Bolton.
We probably need 7 points and we won’t get anything at Bolton. All a win Tuesday does is drag out the false hope, part of me hopes we lose and Burton win which would all be relegate us and we can get on with enjoying our summer.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
After our recent run - it's hard to see us getting anything at all.

It is genuinely the last chance saloon for us. Lose and we're down - no ifs or buts.
To be fair I think you have done brilliantly to have stayed in the Third division as long as you have. You are quite a small club and your budget must be either the lowest or next to the lowest. I still remember watching you in the Southern League Midland division.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
To be fair I think you have done brilliantly to have stayed in the Third division as long as you have. You are quite a small club and your budget must be either the lowest or next to the lowest. I still remember watching you in the Southern League Midland division.
Oh and you need to keep Clarke.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It is the lowest this season, wasn't last season (I assume Accy or Morecambe were lower).

Even if we go down, our budget will be something like 17th in League 2 (not sure where I read that though).

Playing in League One is a miracle for a club like Cheltenham, but that doesn't mean we should just act grateful to be here.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Bolton (A)

I fear for us here, I really do. The players just have zero fight in them and I’m at the point this week of not wanting a single one at the club come summer apart from Marosi. Such an unlikeable group of players who are too busy going up Shrewsbury on a Saturday night to pull rather than focusing on their job to keep us in the division.

I’ll be more interested in the Burton vs Cheltenham and Vale vs Wycombe games as we’ll be out of sight by HT. Please, please Burton and Wycombe do us a favour. Vale win this one then it’ll go to the last day I’m certain of it and we can’t be relying on Cambridge.

Bolton 3-0 Salop

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Bolton (A)

I fear for us here, I really do. The players just have zero fight in them and I’m at the point this week of not wanting a single one at the club come summer apart from Marosi. Such an unlikeable group of players who are too busy going up Shrewsbury on a Saturday night to pull rather than focusing on their job to keep us in the division.

I’ll be more interested in the Burton vs Cheltenham and Vale vs Wycombe games as we’ll be out of sight by HT. Please, please Burton and Wycombe do us a favour. Vale win this one then it’ll go to the last day I’m certain of it and we can’t be relying on Cambridge.

Bolton 3-0 Salop
We wont get 6 points, Burton beat Cheltenham the 4 is set.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
It’s all done and dusted. In all honesty if Moore wants to start experimenting and play a few other academy players like Shorrock, Lomax and Brazier I don’t mind it. Reckon Burton v Cheltenham will be a draw and that pretty much signs, seals and delivers the bottom four.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It’s all done and dusted. In all honesty if Moore wants to start experimenting and play a few other academy players like Shorrock, Lomax and Brazier I don’t mind it. Reckon Burton v Cheltenham will be a draw and that pretty much signs, seals and delivers the bottom four.
I think Burton will beat Cheltenham so even a win probably wont help us much due to GD, especially when Bolton work on that for us at the weekend.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Must win for us and obviously going to be a difficult task with the recent three of four game form of each side swinging.

As I mentioned in the weekend thread, it's these sort of games where we've missed having proper out and out midfielders able to get to grips with a game. Erhahon in the '6' is fine, but missing McGrandles, Hamilton and at times Bishop is too much.

Saturday was a perfect example of that with Erhahon's two midfield partners firstly being two number 10's, then a striker and a number 10 and then latterly a number 10 and a wing back.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Must win for us and obviously going to be a difficult task with the recent three of four game form of each side swinging.

As I mentioned in the weekend thread, it's these sort of games where we've missed having proper out and out midfielders able to get to grips with a game. Erhahon in the '6' is fine, but missing McGrandles, Hamilton and at times Bishop is too much.

Saturday was a perfect example of that with Erhahon's two midfield partners firstly being two number 10's, then a striker and a number 10 and then latterly a number 10 and a wing back.
Ironically we put in arguably our best performance of the season without our two best players so you never really know what you are going to get from us.

When we are 'on it', we'll be scintillating. When we aren't... You'll get a performance like Bolton on Sky. What I would say is something is about to/has clicked which gives me some confidence that we won't balls this up...

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I think tomorrow for us will be a draw. Both teams nervous to lose therefore little attacking football and commitment to cross the half way line.
I will say 0-0.
Which is not ideal for both of us really but suits us more then Cheltenham.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think tomorrow for us will be a draw. Both teams nervous to lose therefore little attacking football and commitment to cross the half way line.
I will say 0-0.
Which is not ideal for both of us really but suits us more then Cheltenham.
Draw is a great result for you. Keeps you 5 clear of Cheltenham with 9 to play for and likely 3 or 4 clear of us with us going Bolton and only having 6 to play for (- our poorer GD).

If we dont win tomorrow a point pretty much all but secures Burton's survival.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Vale fans are going to like this… but I think they’ll beat Wycombe and that’ll put the cat right amongst the pigeons. Can see Burton/Chelts being a draw with us not doing any better at Brovers. Then Shrews to lose at Bolton.

I’m going for this at close of play:

Cambridge 43 47
Shrewsbury 44 46
Burton 44 44
——————
Vale 44 43
Cheltenham 43 39
Fleetwood 44 37
Carlisle 44 30

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Vale fans are going to like this… but I think they’ll beat Wycombe and that’ll put the cat right amongst the pigeons. Can see Burton/Chelts being a draw with us not doing any better at Brovers. Then Shrews to lose at Bolton.

I’m going for this at close of play:

Cambridge 43 47
Shrewsbury 44 46
Burton 44 44
——————
Vale 44 43
Cheltenham 43 39
Fleetwood 44 37
Carlisle 44 30
Not sure I would! It just dangles the carrot of hope, 3 weeks ago I was content, we were dead and buried and I can stick my feet up until August, had accepted it.

Knowing Vale we will lost tomorrow as Burton win... all over then we will stun Bolton with a performance to boot as Burton draw to send us down regardless.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Officially safe so couldnt give a toss about the remaining games. See you next season, some of you's anyway

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Draw is a great result for you. Keeps you 5 clear of Cheltenham with 9 to play for and likely 3 or 4 clear of us with us going Bolton and only having 6 to play for (- our poorer GD).

If we dont win tomorrow a point pretty much all but secures Burton's survival.
Unless you win which is possible. Then it rumbles onto Saturday and we have a very useful reading.
Let’s not forget we are still unbelievably shit so I’m not confident of anything with 3 games to go.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
There are still games? Huh. *stretches and goes back into hibernation until next season*

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Unless you win which is possible. Then it rumbles onto Saturday and we have a very useful reading.
Let’s not forget we are still unbelievably shit so I’m not confident of anything with 3 games to go.
You can be confident enough we wont win tomorrow! Even if we put the effort it that mess we made second half Saturday will destroy any confidence we had and this lot are weak as mentally.

Plus 2 years and 2 weeks since our last Tuesday night League Win!

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
There are still games? Huh. *stretches and goes back into hibernation until next season*
Apparently, and we've sold 500 already yo go to Northampton and will sell out our last home game against Oxford. Bonkers!!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You can be confident enough we wont win tomorrow! Even if we put the effort it that mess we made second half Saturday will destroy any confidence we had and this lot are weak as mentally.

Plus 2 years and 2 weeks since our last Tuesday night League Win!
Yep. Saturday has killed us, we ain't coming back from that. Play some of the kids and prepare for next season.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Like a kid waiting for xmas day. Fingers crossed 12 years of relegation, almost going bust twice. 1 good season getting promoted from league 2. Most of league 1 starting well, imploding around xmas. Loads of long term injuries to some of our better players, yet we are 90 mins away from getting back to the Championship with Pompey born and bred Marlon Pack returning and captaining the side after being released back in 2011.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Like a kid waiting for xmas day. Fingers crossed 12 years of relegation, almost going bust twice. 1 good season getting promoted from league 2. Most of league 1 starting well, imploding around xmas. Loads of long term injuries to some of our better players, yet we are 90 mins away from getting back to the Championship with Pompey born and bred Marlon Pack returning and captaining the side after being released back in 2011.
Fair play to you guys. I know we took 4 points from you but you cant judge a team on 2 games. Just make sure you beat Bristol City next season!

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Officially safe so couldnt give a toss about the remaining games. See you next season, some of you's anyway
Hope your team has the same attitude tomorrow!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorkshire Amber
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!