England
1660447092460.png

1660447169864.png

1660447213444.png

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Think us, Exeter and Port Vale are all value at the prices there myself.

I’d have us 8/15 if I was pricing it up.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I like Plymouth at 2/1 also.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Not really reading much into MK’s first three results. Two of those games were against a couple of the favourites in this league. They’ll look to prove a point against us.

I think DC will ring some changes for this game. After putting in a lot of effort in the heat some like Mal looked spent at the end so would swap both wingbacks out for Small and Robinson to give them a rest ahead of the Burton game.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Pompey away is going to be tough but it’s a bit of a free hit for us given our start to the season.

Gutted it’s on a Tuesday as really enjoyed it last season and made a weekend of it.

I expect us to make 3 or 4 changes for this one and try to hit them on the back with pace.

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Hotel, Match and train tickets sorted for what will be my third visit to the Valley. Any Charlton fans / other teams fans know any decent boozers near the ground? Last season we drank in a pub just down from London Bridge.

It’ll be a tough game but if we play how we did against Peterborough I can’t see why we can’t get a point or potentially all 3 . Have to make sure we deal with Stockley though.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
With Oxford and Posh next, a potential 3 points from a possible 15 doesn't look good despite it being a solid-ish kinda start.

Oakely-Boothe went off ill yesterday (seemingly didn't tell anyone he was ill, which didn't go down well).

It's still not happening for us in the final third, we're not going to be scoring many at the minute and that isn't just down to the final third but we're missing something in CM as well, which will perhaps be solved by Mandroui when he returns. Injuries in the attacking third are clearing up with House and Vernam returning yesterday.

Would take a point and keep ticking over.

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
Hotel, Match and train tickets sorted for what will be my third visit to the Valley. Any Charlton fans / other teams fans know any decent boozers near the ground? Last season we drank in a pub just down from London Bridge.

It’ll be a tough game but if we play how we did against Peterborough I can’t see why we can’t get a point or potentially all 3 . Have to make sure we deal with Stockley though.

Most of our lot drank near London Bridge but the Anchor & Hope, down by the river from the station, was one of the best pre-match pubs we've found in London. Food and beer were both excellent. Need to get there early on a Saturday. I'm not sure how busy it'll be on a Tuesday evening.

That's where we'll be heading on Saturday (Make sure you run the legs out of them and kick a few :hypo: ).

Unfortunately Thameslink will be affected by the strikes, so we'll be scratching around finding somewhere to park.

Last edited:

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Pompey away is going to be tough but it’s a bit of a free hit for us given our start to the season.

Gutted it’s on a Tuesday as really enjoyed it last season and made a weekend of it.

I expect us to make 3 or 4 changes for this one and try to hit them on the back with pace.
We'll likely switch things around a bit from Saturday. Pigott will probably come back in for Scarlett. Mingi or Lowery should come in for Thompson. Owen Dale and Ronan Curtis may come in on the wings.

It feels so much different this season in that we have decent options to rotate. We have three quality central strikers for two places, five good central midfielders vying for two places and backup options everywhere else. Last year, early season we had players out of position and flogged others to death on the two-games-per-week cycle. 2-1 Pompey (Pigott, Bishop)

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Think this will be a tough test. I doubt we will play the same side as yesterday, most of them played a full game in the heat. Stubbs and Caprice to come back, and maybe MJ for Kite.
But Taylor usually surprises us so who knows.
I know Wycombe have had a poor start by their standards but fully expect them to start winning soon. Just hope it isn't Tuesday. If Wheeler plays he will get a good reception.

I'll go for a 2-1 to City

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Derby at home.

Like I said about Saturday’s match against Wycombe, the bookies are giving extremely good odds @ 2/1.

Our start to the season has been an odd one. If only we took our chances against Morecambe on the opening day and the ref didn’t fuck us over when we were dominating Accrington, we could easily be sat on 9 points from 9… but that’s football.

No idea what to expect from Derby truth be told. They’ve certainly had a good start! I’ll go for a 1-1 draw.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
After playing 3 teams who'll fancy finishing top 6 in the first 3 games, Fleetwood away should give us a better idea of where we're at.

We've not been battered in any of the games so far (yes I am ignoring the cup game), but equally there hasn't been too much to get excited about.

I'd take a point just to get off the mark for the season, but we'll be so low on confidence that another defeat wouldn't be surprising.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Another tricky one and yesterdays point takes a bit of pressure off.

We will probably rest a couple but we were in a position to make the opposition run around yesterday and had 64% of the ball so should be less affected than we could of been by the exertions in the heat.

Don’t really know much about MK this season, they’ve lost all three league games but made the play offs last season and obviously lost Twine. Assume they still play football on the deck and we will need to execute the high press well.

Despite their poor start I would take a draw from this, expecting a tricky encounter and will need to be at our very best to get anything.

Hopefully with key players now getting minutes in the last couple of games we could start to push on now.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Not really sure what to expect from Exeter (other than in DevonLad terms, obviously we’re going to get a pasting from the saviours of the third division).

I imagine our defence will have had a collective bollocking after letting Shrews run riot from set pieces on Saturday, all the more embarrassing since it’s exactly what we used to do to other teams.

Much depends on whether Vokes is fit up front again - my guess is he won’t be, in which case we’re really lacking a physical presence to lead the line and get in defenders’ faces.

We were playing an unprecedented amount of neat passing football in the final third v Shrews, but so what if you don’t finish.

Would take a draw right now but we’ll see.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
After playing 3 teams who'll fancy finishing top 6 in the first 3 games, Fleetwood away should give us a better idea of where we're at.

We've not been battered in any of the games so far (yes I am ignoring the cup game), but equally there hasn't been too much to get excited about.

I'd take a point just to get off the mark for the season, but we'll be so low on confidence that another defeat wouldn't be surprising.
Some of our fans seem to have got it in their heads that Fleetwood are really going to struggle this season, so we should be rocking up and winning with ease (not you I hasten to add).

Whilst I don't think they'll be up there, any long away trip on a Tuesday is going to be difficult for a team devoid of confidence.

I'll always take a point away from home, as long as we win our home games. We really need to start winning our home games though.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

Depends what sort of thing you’re after.

There really isn’t a lot of choice in Charlton anymore for away fans other than the already mentioned Anchor & Hope which is on the river, about a 10/15 minute walk from the station in the opposite direction of the ground although, The Angerstein Hotel seems to be the official away pub these days which again is about a 15 minute walk in the wrong direction however, if you get off the stop before Charlton which is Westcombe Park, the pub is just a minute or two away.

London Bridge is a safe bet and I always recommend Greenwich.

I’m fairly certain that I saw that one of the fans bars at the ground were welcoming Derby fans last week which is a first, so may be doing that again.

Last edited:

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We'll likely switch things around a bit from Saturday. Pigott will probably come back in for Scarlett. Mingi or Lowery should come in for Thompson. Owen Dale and Ronan Curtis may come in on the wings.

It feels so much different this season in that we have decent options to rotate. We have three quality central strikers for two places, five good central midfielders vying for two places and backup options everywhere else. Last year, early season we had players out of position and flogged others to death on the two-games-per-week cycle. 2-1 Pompey (Pigott, Bishop)
Your recruitment over the summer has been impressive despite you being on a lower budget.

Cowley now seems to have a team that he wants and I think you’ll have a much better season. Like I said I think we’ll be in for a tough evening but think we’ll make changes with more pace on the break.

Bonner said in his post match presser on sat that changes will be made as we have a bit of a cushion with our start. Gutted to be missing this one so iFollow it will have to be.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Barnsley away, tough game. We're still so far off a full squad, I'd be delighted with a point tbh.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
No idea how our game will pan out as I know nothing about Port Vale but if we lose this to make 4 losses on the bounce, ouch!

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Shrewsbury away.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from them, but this was one of the games I was looking forward to as it was a game I could make and it’s a new ground for me.

We could definitely do with another away win to put our bad form away from home to bed. Also, it would be good to see us put 90 minutes together - we’ve been very bright in the first half of our games but noticeably slower in the second.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
With Oxford and Posh next, a potential 3 points from a possible 15 doesn't look good despite it being a solid-ish kinda start.

Oakely-Boothe went off ill yesterday (seemingly didn't tell anyone he was ill, which didn't go down well).

It's still not happening for us in the final third, we're not going to be scoring many at the minute and that isn't just down to the final third but we're missing something in CM as well, which will perhaps be solved by Mandroui when he returns. Injuries in the attacking third are clearing up with House and Vernam returning yesterday.

Would take a point and keep ticking over.
If it’s any consolation, we really haven’t even got into first gear yet. We are very uncertain in full back areas (arguably goalkeepers too), our wingers are all injury prone or have no pace and offensively we are non-existent right now.

We have a lot of quality, yet don’t really have the formula to make it all come together right now. If you had watched the Bristol Rovers performance on Saturday you may even dispute the quality. It’s been far from a convincing start.

Central midfield and central defence we are relatively strong, however we really need more if we are going to do anything this season. We are still light and lack pace and power.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
If it’s any consolation, we really haven’t even got into first gear yet. We are very uncertain in full back areas (arguably goalkeepers too), our wingers are all injury prone or have no pace and offensively we are non-existent right now.

We have a lot of quality, yet don’t really have the formula to make it all come together right now. If you had watched the Bristol Rovers performance on Saturday you may even dispute the quality. It’s been far from a convincing start.

Central midfield and central defence we are relatively strong, however we really need more if we are going to do anything this season. We are still light and lack pace and power.
Remembering how brilliant Billy Bodin was with us. It was quite sad to see the way he plays nowadays. I take it his injuries have caught up with him.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Another tricky one and yesterdays point takes a bit of pressure off.

We will probably rest a couple but we were in a position to make the opposition run around yesterday and had 64% of the ball so should be less affected than we could of been by the exertions in the heat.

Don’t really know much about MK this season, they’ve lost all three league games but made the play offs last season and obviously lost Twine. Assume they still play football on the deck and we will need to execute the high press well.

Despite their poor start I would take a draw from this, expecting a tricky encounter and will need to be at our very best to get anything.

Hopefully with key players now getting minutes in the last couple of games we could start to push on now.
Why

Just fucking why.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Remembering how brilliant Billy Bodin was with us. It was quite sad to see the way he plays nowadays. I take it his injuries have caught up with him.
In fairness, not really. He was very good last season and played virtually all of the second half of the season consistently well once fit. His set pieces are VERY good and he was a creator.

Our squad however is high risk. Lots of similar sorts of players and lots with injury records who KR takes (often unnecessarily) punts on. Once or twice is fine, but we have Marcus Browne, Billy Bodin, Sam Baldock, Jodi Jones, Yanic Wildschut is out until December, Josh Murphy was signed carrying an injury and is out for a month. I’m sure there are others but it doesn’t make for terrific reading and is a consistent theme. Individually they are probably top end League One footballers, but you’ll only ever get 20 games out of most of them.

We do it a lot. Individually the quality of player largely isn’t in doubt are however Bodin and Henry as wide men backed up by two average-poor full backs is never going to unlock a defence consistently when our game is built on pace and beating a man, despite not currently having any pace in wide areas.

Bodin looks better centrally as does James Henry. With those two playing wide it means we play without pace but with two players which ought to play more centrally but are being shoehorned into the side. I would say that we don’t really have anyone else either right now with injuries and a lack of squad depth.

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
I like Plymouth at 2/1 also.
I'll be waiting to see how our away form pans out before jumping on us - the bookies do like to underestimate us rather frequently though.

We look fantastic at home, unfortunately I went to the Fleetwood loss where we didn't show up at all so we need to find a formula away from home.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
In fairness, not really. He was very good last season and played virtually all of the second half of the season consistently well once fit. His set pieces are VERY good and he was a creator.

Our squad however is high risk. Lots of similar sorts of players and lots with injury records who KR takes (often unnecessarily) punts on. Once or twice is fine, but we have Marcus Browne, Billy Bodin, Sam Baldock, Jodi Jones, Yanic Wildschut is out until December, Josh Murphy was signed carrying an injury and is out for a month. I’m sure there are others but it doesn’t make for terrific reading and is a consistent theme. Individually they are probably top end League One footballers, but you’ll only ever get 20 games out of most of them.

We do it a lot. Individually the quality of player largely isn’t in doubt are however Bodin and Henry as wide men backed up by two average-poor full backs is never going to unlock a defence consistently when our game is built on pace and beating a man, despite not currently having any pace in wide areas.

Bodin looks better centrally as does James Henry. With those two playing wide it means we play without pace but with two players which ought to play more centrally but are being shoehorned into the side. I would say that we don’t really have anyone else either right now with injuries and a lack of squad depth.
Sounds like we're having/had similar problems. Lincoln fans could relate to nearly all of your post, even the bit about CM's out wide and lack of pace in the side (we played Ted Bishop on the left of a front three at the weekend after a MOTM performance in his preferred CM in midweek).

We really got caught out last season with the similar players and injury records. Got away with it MA's first season, but not last. Still trying to rectify it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!