Tuesday 1st and Wed 2nd December Fixtures

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I keep trying to talk football but all i get is Bolton are a carcrash club [snowflake phrase]
Doyle is shite overpaid etc

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I wasn't accusing any Tranmere fans of calling Barrow out, don't worry. It's just there's been a few threads that have been derailed by the same debate/argument recently, and I appreciate who on the whole starts it. It just gets a bit tedious to read through.
Barrow were a league club when i first went to Prenton Park so will always count as a proper club to me. All these bankrolled clubs that have come into the league recently would not be here without the backing they received. I have more respect for Workington than i could ever have for Salford City. There are clubs who have got into the league by sheer hard work but sadly most struggle without a sugar daddy.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I keep trying to talk football but all i get is Bolton are a carcrash club [snowflake phrase]
Doyle is shite overpaid etc
You say it about other clubs and their players constantly but you can't see the woods for the bullshit.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Barrow were a league club when i first went to Prenton Park so will always count as a proper club to me. All these bankrolled clubs that have come into the league recently would not be here without the backing they received. I have more respect for Workington than i could ever have for Salford City. There are clubs who have got into the league by sheer hard work but sadly most struggle without a sugar daddy.
Do you include yourself in this?
Please name these clubs.....Salford FGR and Fleetwood i guess you mean all well run clubs

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I read it originally. Think we’ll just agree to disagree.

We can agree to disagree, even if the quotes don’t fit the narrative you suggested :bg:

Be nice to hear genuine fan noise later on.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Do you include yourself in this?
Please name these clubs.....Salford FGR and Fleetwood i guess you mean all well run clubs
Number one. We were a league club for 94 years not a non league club playing local football 25 years ago. Number two. We were never even the highest wage payers in the National League, just the best supported club which gave us more income than the rest. Number three. Salford City were very happy being where they played before they became a hobby club. Number four. Take some time off and actually learn what you are commenting on if you do not want to continue looking like a complete fucking idiot.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Crawley were a hobby club. An influx of money got us promoted to the football league and one of the men who did it is an Aston Villa supporter.

Although we now have a rich, foreign owner I'm not sure we still are but we will forever be tarred with that brush.

Where does the hobby club tag stop though? I would say Cheltenham aren't but Burton Albion maybe are. We used to play both in the Southern league and both have gone through the leagues and increased their fan base but Cheltenham got promoted on a shoe string part time budget not so sure about Burton.

Also, does the time when you did it make a difference? Do the original 12 think Tranmere, Tottenham and Newcastle are interlopers who should leave (no trolling) or is it just clubs who joined in the last 50 years?

Also, I'm not sure regarding the conceit that says a rich person putting their cash into a football club is bad but 2000 poor men doing the same is good. That might be small club in an overspill town bias but I'm not convinced by the argument.

Casey

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You mentioned you had released to players obviously they were told of this at that meeting a week last Friday
I had you down as a mid table finish, but i think you may start to fall.
It was never a dig at Grimsby i think what Holloway is doing/done will unfortunatly become widespread in this league.
A number of clubs will be relying on a cup run

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Crawley were a hobby club. An influx of money got us promoted to the football league and one of the men who did it is an Aston Villa supporter.

Although we now have a rich, foreign owner I'm not sure we still are but we will forever be tarred with that brush.

Where does the hobby club tag stop though? I would say Cheltenham aren't but Burton Albion maybe are. We used to play both in the Southern league and both have gone through the leagues and increased their fan base but Cheltenham got promoted on a shoe string part time budget not so sure about Burton.

Also, does the time when you did it make a difference? Do the original 12 think Tranmere, Tottenham and Newcastle are interlopers who should leave (no trolling) or is it just clubs who joined in the last 50 years?

Also, I'm not sure regarding the conceit that says a rich person putting their cash into a football club is bad but 2000 poor men doing the same is good. That might be small club in an overspill town bias but I'm not convinced by the argument.

Casey
Fleetwood Town, Salford City and Harrogate Town specifically and Rushden and Diamonds before them. None were ever much higher than regional level (NWCL, NC(E)L, United Counties League) until the money started flowing. All the other non leaguers were at a decent level beforehand. Even FGR had survived at tier 5 for a long time before the vegan weirdo came along.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Fleetwood Town, Salford City and Harrogate Town specifically and Rushden and Diamonds before them. None were ever much higher than regional level (NWCL, NC(E)L, United Counties League) until the money started flowing. All the other non leaguers were at a decent level beforehand. Even FGR had survived at tier 5 for a long time before the vegan weirdo came along.
Is that not the dream, seems to me you dont like change ?

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Didn't FGR survive on a technicality though? (Wrong word but I forget what actually happened) - I know they shouldve been relegated one year but weren't for some reason.

Edit - A quick Google shows they should have been relegated TWICE before the vegan money bags came along...

From wiki..

In 2004–05 Forest Green finished in the relegation zone, but were reprieved after Northwich Victoria were demoted due to issues with their stadium.[9] In 2007–08 the club defeated Football League opposition in the FA Cup for the first time, beating Rotherham United 3–0 in a first round replay, before losing 3–2 at Swindon Town. The following season saw them reach the third round of the Cup for the first time, beating Team Bath and then Rochdale to set a third round tie at home to Derby County which they lost 4–3 in front of a record crowd of 4,836.[1] Another third round appearance in 2009–10 ended with a 2–1 defeat at Notts County.[6]

The 2009–10 season saw Forest Green finish in the relegation zone, but another reprieve from relegation was won when Salisbury City were expelled for breaking financial rules.[10] The club was then taken over by Ecotricity owner Dale Vince; Vince set out plans to make the club more eco-friendly, including removing red meat from players' diets, stopping selling meat products in the ground and treating the pitch with organic fertiliser.[11][12]

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Have this nagging feeling that our form is going to plummet which in typical Carlisle United fashion has to coincide with us being able to actually attend games. We’ve been a bit hit and miss recently and there’s a few signs that players are dipping in form who had previously been good for us.

Tough game tonight against an improving Salford. Win and it might be the boost we need to keep this run going, lose and that will be 3 defeats in 4 games in the league and could be the start of our slide down into mid table which still wouldn’t be a disaster as most would have accepted mid table at the start of the season.

Prediction: Carlisle 0-2 Salford

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Have this nagging feeling that our form is going to plummet which in typical Carlisle United fashion has to coincide with us being able to actually attend games. We’ve been a bit hit and miss recently and there’s a few signs that players are dipping in form who had previously been good for us.

Tough game tonight against an improving Salford. Win and it might be the boost we need to keep this run going, lose and that will be 3 defeats in 4 games in the league and could be the start of our slide down into mid table which still wouldn’t be a disaster as most would have accepted mid table at the start of the season.

Thing is you tip yourself for relegation every season and I think you might have done after Scunthorpe beat you this season :D

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Didn't FGR survive on a technicality though? (Wrong word but I forget what actually happened) - I know they shouldve been relegated one year but weren't for some reason.

Edit - A quick Google shows they should have been relegated TWICE before the vegan money bags came along...

From wiki..

In 2004–05 Forest Green finished in the relegation zone, but were reprieved after Northwich Victoria were demoted due to issues with their stadium.[9] In 2007–08 the club defeated Football League opposition in the FA Cup for the first time, beating Rotherham United 3–0 in a first round replay, before losing 3–2 at Swindon Town. The following season saw them reach the third round of the Cup for the first time, beating Team Bath and then Rochdale to set a third round tie at home to Derby County which they lost 4–3 in front of a record crowd of 4,836.[1] Another third round appearance in 2009–10 ended with a 2–1 defeat at Notts County.[6]

The 2009–10 season saw Forest Green finish in the relegation zone, but another reprieve from relegation was won when Salisbury City were expelled for breaking financial rules.[10] The club was then taken over by Ecotricity owner Dale Vince; Vince set out plans to make the club more eco-friendly, including removing red meat from players' diets, stopping selling meat products in the ground and treating the pitch with organic fertiliser.[11][12]
GMA Cup its called i believe. Could ask a Wrexham fan. They know more than any of us about National League goings on

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Rushden and Diamonds went bankrupt because they lived beyond their means and couldnt sustain it when the owner pulled out. The same will happen to the other three eventually. Gretna in Scotland being another example. Hardly a dream.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I have no problem with change. I also, along with 99% of people on here i suspect, have no problem accepting reality. Give it a try, you might like it.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I have no problem with change. I also, along with 99% of people on here i suspect, have no problem accepting reality. Give it a try, you might like it.
Rob if you was cuckoo would you live in the Wirral or in a clock?

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

whatever happens give them a damn good kicking - ahead of us playing them on Saturday....

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Thing is you tip yourself for relegation every season and I think you might have done after Scunthorpe beat you this season :D
I think pre season I predicted mid table due to us having a competent head coach. However after the 3-0 defeat at Oldham in the cup, followed by the 3-0 defeat at Cambridge on the opening day, I swiftly revised my prediction to relegation as we looked utterly dreadful in those games.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Burton always seemed a well run example who came up and did very very well considering their fan base and relatively low expenditure.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

From wiki..

2 reprieves in 12 seasons, but one of those reprieves was only needed because we lost points from a win v Chester after they went bust. We struggled most years but had some decent seasons as well, two top half finishes, two FA Trophy finals and 2 FA Cup 3rd round appearances. We also built a new stadium and were full time a long time before Vince took over.

Vince didn't build up the club, Trevor Horsley (RIP) and his fellow board members did and that's why he is still seen as a FGR legend and always will be. Connected with fans in a way Vince never has.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Good luck Mansfield tonight!

(Things you never thought you'd say....)

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
It's like I said a while back, some rich guy buying a NL league club and consequently hoovering up all the decent players around in an effort to win promotion is more or less the same thing as what the NL clubs (inc. the U's) used to do pre 1986 to get elected to the FL, which was raising enough capital so that they could influence the FL chairmen to vote them in.

Cambridge shelled out at least £5000 back in 1969, and taking inflation into account, that figure roughly translates to more than £82,000 in today's money. I heard that it was more like 10k in actual fact, and if true, that means the club did spend £164,000 to earn a place in the FL. Of course, that money was to influence the FL chairmen to vote them in.

Then there's the way we distinguish between different clubs. In what way, and this is only an example, is Dale Vince taking over FGR any different to what Ryan Reynolds and the other chap will be doing at Wrexham? IMO, it shouldn't really matter that Wrexham are seen as a traditional FL side while FGR aren't, because things change in everyday life and football shouldn't be any different.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town

From wiki..

The one people tend to go on is when Altrincham were deducted 18 points for fielding an ineligible player, with Colin Peake (the club's then secretary) also being on the Conference board. Of course, people forget that FGR would have stayed up regardless that season.

Peake is a funny one mind, he's still on said board I believe and he kicked off massively a couple of weeks back when a Gloucester City fan dared to question how the Government bailout was shared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!