Tuesday 1st and Wed 2nd December Fixtures

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
It’s so weird we have been very poor this season, but Cambridge, Cheltenham, Newport, FGR, Orient, Tranmere, Exeter have all been at best average against us.

The only team I’ve genuinely thought were good after watching the game so far is Barrocelona, and even in that game we were so laughably poor that we helped them along a lot.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
It’s so weird we have been very poor this season, but Cambridge, Cheltenham, Newport, FGR, Orient, Tranmere, Exeter have all been at best average against us.

The only team I’ve genuinely thought were good after watching the game so far is Barrocelona, and even in that game we were so laughably poor that we helped them along a lot.
We're a much improved team now compared to the one you played. I can't believe two managers can have the same group of players playing so vastly differently.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Worrying that if we lose to Stevenage and one of Barrow or Bradford pick up a point we'll be effectively 10 points off already. Could be all but relegated by the new year.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
It's a scandal that we don't get to play Southend at all until January.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
You could add Maidstone and Boston to that list of infamy as well.

Never had a problem with your fans. Only the owner. Was in The Green Man before our play off final and a family of FGR wandered in. They were treated with nothing but respect and didnt take offence at the singing which was a bit earthy lyric wise. Saw another family of FGR fans outside Wembley enjoying german sausages and said we would report them to Swampys mate. After the game we were fine with the fans as far as i saw. As our chairman said, he is a custodian of the club and the players are employees but the fans are forever and when that is forgotten the club is in trouble. Dale Vince gives the impression that history means nothing and your club is an advertisement for his wares. If he does things to ensure a long term future for you then he is worthwhile. If its all about Ecotricity and his other businesses then he is nothing.
What’s the issue with Maidstone? Of the teams we played in the NL, they had one of the most friendly sets of fans. For all the faux rivalry we have with FGR fans on here, I’d agree with Robshep, that encounters both in the Trust Tent and at Wembley have left a positive impression of the Forest Green support.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
What’s the issue with Maidstone? Of the teams we played in the NL, they had one of the most friendly sets of fans. For all the faux rivalry we have with FGR fans on here, I’d agree with Robshep, that encounters both in the Trust Tent and at Wembley have left a positive impression of the Forest Green support.
Really liked the Maidstone lot. Good sense of humour, and left a really positive impression.

RebornKirtonRed

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Never had a problem with your fans. Only the owner. Was in The Green Man before our play off final and a family of FGR wandered in. They were treated with nothing but respect and didnt take offence at the singing which was a bit earthy lyric wise. Saw another family of FGR fans outside Wembley enjoying german sausages and said we would report them to Swampys mate. After the game we were fine with the fans as far as i saw. As our chairman said, he is a custodian of the club and the players are employees but the fans are forever and when that is forgotten the club is in trouble. Dale Vince gives the impression that history means nothing and your club is an advertisement for his wares. If he does things to ensure a long term future for you then he is worthwhile. If its all about Ecotricity and his other businesses then he is nothing.
well he's not adversed to greasing a palm or two http://search.electoralcommission.org.uk/api/pdf/Donations?start={start}&rows={pageSize}&query=ecotricity&sort=AcceptedDate&order=desc&et=pp&et=ppm&et=tp&et=perpar&et=rd&date=&from=&to=&rptPd=&prePoll=false&postPoll=true General Election 2015: Green energy tycoon spreads bets with campaign donations | The Independent | The Independent ..........I'm sure the relocation and greenification of FGR is merely a front/means to an end so as he can tag on his dream 100 acre EcoBusiness Park which he just got consent for last August and where he will obviously become landlord.....allegedly 4,000 jobs will be created but I can show you loads of Tesco etc around my way that years later STILL have 95% vacant land available after they had built their supermarkets....all job promises made to obtain planning consent conveniently forgotten.

Last edited:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You mentioned you had released to players obviously they were told of this at that meeting a week last Friday
I had you down as a mid table finish, but i think you may start to fall.
It was never a dig at Grimsby i think what Holloway is doing/done will unfortunatly become widespread in this league.
A number of clubs will be relying on a cup run
Ah okay, I thought you were insinuating that we were one of ten clubs that couldn't afford to pay our players, or something. I got the wrong end of the stick, in that case. I agree that we'll see players released over the course of the season, probably a fair few in the January window.

As far as us being a midtable side, I think COVID hasn't helped is here, in that we dealt with it very slowly and cautiously and slashed our budget after getting rid of three of our best players. If we'd have had our intended budget and kept Vernam, Clarke and Hessenthaler I think we'd be looking much better than we are.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
I felt they were better than us second half - they missed two chances before they scored. They defended well and though we had a couple of half chances (plus Mullin’s shot from way out which the keeper saved superbly) we never really looked like scoring.

Was always going to be a bit of a strange one for our players and fans alike so probably not surprising. Am disappointed but it’s not the end of the world. You could see even though it didn’t fall for us tonight that we’re a decent side.

Really enjoyed being back even if it was a little surreal at times.

Edit: also we’ve got a dreadful record against Mansfield in recent years so all in all we should have expected to lose!
Reid certainly should have buried that chance at the start of the 2nd half, was arguably easier than the chance he did score from.

have to agree that we huffed and puffed but lacked quality in the final third but feel that’s something we’ve lacked recently especially at home, barrow and Bolton we was pretty wank and probably should have lost both.

hopefully boateng isn’t out for long as whist I like may, he’s a lot slower on the ball and often stifles our attacks, think we need iredale at lb with dunk in front and with knoyle and Hannant on the other side it just gives us that natural balance, the tricky bit is trying to fit mullin, ironside and hoolahan in, maybe now boateng is injured he’ll play in the centre but going forward playing all three just doesn’t work for me.

KTF

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Yeah we’re a much much changed side now. We were hopeless that day. I actually came away from that thinking you’d be right up there at the end of the season but looking back, the fact you couldn’t beat us that day probably showed signs you’d be where you are now!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
We're a much improved team now compared to the one you played. I can't believe two managers can have the same group of players playing so vastly differently.

Yeah we haven’t quite seen the same turnaround but considering before Clough came in we haven’t won once and since then we’ve gone to Sunderland, FGR, and Cambridge and won them all I think he deserves some credit for pulling that off tactically.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
It was the Maidstone United who got into the league in the early 90s i think he meant. The one we played had to work their way up from the Kent League. Interesting little tale that some of these bankrolled clubs "fans" should read.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum

The quality of the league this year as a whole is much down on last season IMO

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Tranmere and Exeter are the only decent sides we’ve played this season. I’ve absolutely no idea how Orient and Cheltenham are as high as they are but maybe they were just off days.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
2 reprieves in 12 seasons, but one of those reprieves was only needed because we lost points from a win v Chester after they went bust. We struggled most years but had some decent seasons as well, two top half finishes, two FA Trophy finals and 2 FA Cup 3rd round appearances. We also built a new stadium and were full time a long time before Vince took over.

Vince didn't build up the club, Trevor Horsley (RIP) and his fellow board members did and that's why he is still seen as a FGR legend and always will be. Connected with fans in a way Vince never has.
W
Tranmere and Exeter are the only decent sides we’ve played this season. I’ve absolutely no idea how Orient and Cheltenham are as high as they are but maybe they were just off days.
you played us at exactly the right time, added that Doyle was missing....I think we are leaps and bounds a better team that struggled in a drab 0-0.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
That reply took longer than expected. You cannot say anything positive about us without waking him up.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Not played Orient yet or FGR for that matter; but we've played, and been beaten by, Tranmere, Exeter and Cheltenham and of those three Cheltenham were far and away the best. Tranmere good too, Exeter and Cambridge decent, Other sides like Newport, Salford and Colchester looked much more average when we played them.

Oldham looked quite good when they beat us in the league cup and not too bad in the league either, feel they're in a false position though they are climbing out of that. Barrow weren't good but not relegation bad when they played, and it does sound like that was their worst performance of the season. Scunthorpe beat us despite looking pretty terrible (we weren't even that bad in that game just didn't land for us) but are clearly improving now.

Southend are toast.

Last edited:

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Not played Orient yet, but we've played, and been beaten by, Tranmere, Exeter and Cheltenham and of those three Cheltenham were far and away the best.
We have Cheltenham on Saturday, it'll be an interesting game for sure. I think we'll nick it but they have a genuine home advantage now

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We have Cheltenham on Saturday, it'll be an interesting game for sure. I think we'll nick it but they have a genuine home advantage now
Should be a decent game, they're extremely well organised and very difficult to create chances against, Exeter obviously scoring plenty of goals.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Should be a decent game, they're extremely well organised and very difficult to create chances against, Exeter obviously scoring plenty of goals.
We've scored more goals than any other English side (Top 4 divisions) apparently. And 13 in our last 3 games. We also concede more often than not which means I'm expecting a goal fest so put your money down now on a 0-0 bore draw.

WH_Stag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

Ive got no idea how Cambridge are so high up the table.... really are a one man team in Wes Hoolahan who couldn't last 90 minutes.

When they were well on top they were limited to long range efforts and that was it, Stags much better in the second half and could have had a few more.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Ive got no idea how Cambridge are so high up the table.... really are a one man team in Wes Hoolahan who couldn't last 90 minutes.

When they were well on top they were limited to long range efforts and that was it, Stags much better in the second half and could have had a few more.
Yeah it was an off night obviously plus there is maybe an element to suggest we’re being found out a bit. We also missed Boateng when he went off injured.

On another night things may have been different - there was the challenge on Boateng which could have been red (compared to other red cards I’ve seen this season), we had a good penalty shout too and we didn’t have the rub of the green on a few decisions. I’m not saying we deserved to win (I felt Mansfield were better than us in the second half) but for all of our below average performance we weren’t far off getting something out of the game.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
It is weird how we've only played three teams from 13th down and we've beaten them all. We've played almost the entire top 12 and lost to them all except Carlisle and Morecambe.

Considering we play Orient who sit 7th I can't see this one ending up well for us on saturday

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united

Lol

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Cambridge despite looking average, still looked a better team than most we have played this season, and we’ve played a lot of teams that are high up the table.

I also felt we deserved to win, even though it was even ultimately we took one of our chances really well.

Still not convinced by Paul Digby like, but Cambridge did show glimpses of why they have started well this season in the first half, and I think Mansfield shown that we really are capable of climbing the table.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I have submitted a detailed report to the relevant authorities in an effort to make them realise that we shouldn't really be in tier 2 but actually in tier 3 and therefore games at The Abbey should be played behind closed doors. I have also suggested that since nobody should have been granted entry last night, then the match should be replayed.

Seriously though, we do have some numpties for fans and that's what I was worried about before the match. These idiots do not realise that L2 players are allowed to have a poor match every now and then.

Anyway, moving on the the match, I felt that Mansfield were the better side on the night, not by much but still better. The ref - Paul Lewis? - was very poor and easily the worst ref we've had so far this season but that's no excuse. He did get a couple things right though. One was the foul on Boateng; I've seen them given as red cards but I think that would've been harsh. And likewise for for the penalty appeal, I think he got that right as well. Then again the handball rules have changed and I'm not too sure tbh.

I'm afraid Mark Bonner is showing his lack of managerial nous. It's futile persisting for 75 mins with plan A when it's not working (though personally I think he doesn't have a plan B but I pray I'm wrong). Second thing is the all too predictable reluctance on his part to introduce fresh legs. I would like to know the reason why he persists with 2/3/4 players for 75 mins plus when they're clearly not having a good game?

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Good luck Mansfield tonight!

(Things you never thought you'd say....)

I get you. I find myself rooting for sides that I truly despise sometimes, though I do feel dirty afterwards. Whisper it quietly but I have even gone as far as rooting for Sal***d a couple times :(

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
as expected Sam Hird's red card has been rescinded on appeal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!