Tuesday 1st, Saturday 5th games....

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Was mocked this time last year.......No keeper at Bolton has come in and kept 4 clean sheets in his first 4 games
The speed at which we break is frightening. Fossey,Dapo and Charles are as good as anything in the championship never mind league one. Missed Lee tonight but we will have Dempsey to step in from now on

Proof will come in the coming weeks/months
Jesus wept.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
what????????????
You scored your second goal against the run of play. By the way, you can have 20,000 fans but is it always that soulless and quiet?

gary

Reaction score
Supports
afc wimbledon
Y
Sick to fucking death of us trying to play out from the back all the time. We're not Barcelona just fucking hoof it. Cost us the win by the look of it.
You were fortunate to get a point to be honest.Poor defending from us gifted you the two goals.Apart from a mad 10 minute spell from us we dominated the rest of the game .Poor result for us really

huddsmoose

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Fair result tonight - we just couldn't find the quality to score with Ironside, Tracey, Iredale, Hoolahan all out. Bolton all over us first 45 but the second half very even.

Bolton massively improved since we played them earlier in the season, they've knocked the pointless and endless sideways passes on the head and look a real threat down both flanks and centrally. They'll be a good bet for top 6 next season, possibly top 2...

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
what????????????
We battered them first half for the most part but for 10-15 mins after ht we were made to defend whilst they had their best spell…and we hit them on the break to score. When we scored the second it was against the run of play at that moment. We were still the better team overall and should have been out of sight early on.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Was mocked this time last year.......No keeper at Bolton has come in and kept 4 clean sheets in his first 4 games
The speed at which we break is frightening. Fossey,Dapo and Charles are as good as anything in the championship never mind league one. Missed Lee tonight but we will have Dempsey to step in from now on

Proof will come in the coming weeks/months
Why do you have to go and say something like as good as anything in the championship . I think you do it just to provoke a reaction haha.

We have been much improved last couple of games and some of the football has been sensational but think we need to win 12/13 of the last 18 (minimum for playoff place for me?). And that is an incredibly tough ask.

I hope lee is fit at the weekend. No idea what team id start. So much competition for places.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You scored your second goal against the run of play. By the way, you can have 20,000 fans but is it always that soulless and quiet?
It was absolutely rocking on Saturday. Best atmosphere in years against Sunderland. I don’t mean this to be a disrespectful comment in anyway but it helps when the opposition bring 5000 like Sunderland and not 200 because it’s always a better atmosphere when an away end is full (at any ground) and the fans are singing/shouting at each other. Guessing you would have brought more for a Saturday game?

Last edited:

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
We've forgotten how to win.

It doesn't matter how well we play, if we don't get two goals ahead we're going to concede a late equaliser. We've not won in 12 games, in 9 of them we've had the lead.

It's becoming a mentality thing now, and we really just need that one result to turn it around, but we need it quick. We can probably rule out getting it from Sunderland next week, but Fleetwood at home on the 12th is absolutely crucial to any hopes we have of getting out of the mire.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Getting absolutely battered again by Rotherham, we’ve gone from being fairly competitive to clueless in 3 days

It made no sense Doncaster trying to play long balls up to Dodoo, our defenders just gobbled them all up and set us off attacking again.

At the start of the second half Donny had a decent 15 minute spell playing the ball around, ok they didn't produce anything particularly dangerous but it at least stopped us attacking because we couldn't get hold of the ball.

The 3rd goal killed off any spirit left in your players and we could have had more than 5 in the end. It looked like the ref took pity on the Donny players because he only added 2 minutes on.

It does look desperate for you ATM, your players look light weight and the rookie manager made some spectacularly bad decisions with his tactics for the game.
But we've all been there and I'm well aware that if a bigger club decides to take a punt on our management team, we could very quickly be in a similar position.

I hope you can get some improvement over the coming weeks, not least because you could take the odd point off our challengers but planning for next season has to be your priority.
Double relegations are more common than you might think, I know because we managed it.

Gills4years

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Finally got the monkey off our back after 3 months. Far too late to survive but may allow us a dignified relegation with something more than a whimper and a record low points total.

Also nice to have a manager with his eyes on the pitch, organising and encouraging, rather than looking for confrontation with the opposition bench.

As ever, Crewe played the better football and had more possession, but with very little end product.

Two more injuries to key players to add to the never ending list, but we managed to crawl over the line.

Bolton fans - be aware that Kyle Dempsey has only come back recently from a fairly long lay off and is still picking up speed. If he gets an injury free period, he will be a great signing for you. I only hope Ben Thompson can fill the void for us.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
Y

You were fortunate to get a point to be honest.Poor defending from us gifted you the two goals.Apart from a mad 10 minute spell from us we dominated the rest of the game .Poor result for us really
Yeah, poor defending for all four goals tbh. You were the better side for sure though, we were really bad.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
You even brought your own linesman this time! Well deserved win though. You were the only team that looked dangerous until we reached desperation stage in the final 15 minutes.

We look a completely different team when Jacobs is on the pitch. He had been ill all week apparently so I'll let the Cowleys off that he didn't start. However, given their history he probably wouldn't have started anyway. If he's not the first name on the team sheet this weekend then I fully expect the fans to turn on the Cowleys. They've been shown a lot of patience up to now after replacing the unpopular Jackett, but there are signs that patience is wearing thin after a fairly uninspiring transfer window.
Reading between the lines of Cowleys post-match interview on the transfer window, he did his part and got rid of high earners but others didn't keep their end of the bargain?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Can't believe I've just read someone claim Dion Charles is as good as Alexander Mitrovic. :gr:
not in the same class as Mitrovic.......Dont spin it i said as a three
Not a clue who Fulhams wing right wing back is but i know who there left wing back is we once had him here on loan

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Finally got the monkey off our back after 3 months. Far too late to survive but may allow us a dignified relegation with something more than a whimper and a record low points total.

Also nice to have a manager with his eyes on the pitch, organising and encouraging, rather than looking for confrontation with the opposition bench.

As ever, Crewe played the better football and had more possession, but with very little end product.

Two more injuries to key players to add to the never ending list, but we managed to crawl over the line.

Bolton fans - be aware that Kyle Dempsey has only come back recently from a fairly long lay off and is still picking up speed. If he gets an injury free period, he will be a great signing for you. I only hope Ben Thompson can fill the void for us.
We played the better football in the 2nd half, but were completely toothless. 1st half we were shocking and you guys should have had 2 or 3.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
It was absolutely rocking on Saturday. Best atmosphere in years against Sunderland. I don’t mean this to be a disrespectful comment in anyway but it helps when the opposition bring 5000 like Sunderland and not 200 because it’s always a better atmosphere when an away end is full (at any ground) and the fans are singing/shouting at each other. Guessing you would have brought more for a Saturday game?
If it were a Saturday I would have expected us to be 800-1000. 244 on a Tuesday night fair play to every single one of them. Especially after being away to Rotherham and Fleetwood in our last two as well.

I don't buy the away crowd thing though. It does help but you literally didn't sing a song until you went 2-0 up.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Why do you have to go and say something like as good as anything in the championship . I think you do it just to provoke a reaction haha.

We have been much improved last couple of games and some of the football has been sensational but think we need to win 12/13 of the last 18 (minimum for playoff place for me?). And that is an incredibly tough ask.

I hope lee is fit at the weekend. No idea what team id start. So much competition for places.
A little is yes, but a little is belief. Pre Christmas like last season we had a couple of little runs where we was ok the rest of the time we was basically shit. After Christmas last year we brought in Mj,John, Dapo and Lee in. All way too good for lge2. We have repeated it again and now have players too good for lge1. Watched a lot of Football in my time and have seen individuals wearing our shirt better than our front three, but as a unit i have not. Won our last 4 scoring 11 goals and not conceding one giving Trafford the only keeper in our 150 years history not to concede in his first 4 games.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
If it were a Saturday I would have expected us to be 800-1000. 244 on a Tuesday night fair play to every single one of them. Especially after being away to Rotherham and Fleetwood in our last two as well.

I don't buy the away crowd thing though. It does help but you literally didn't sing a song until you went 2-0 up.
Yeah it’s a long trek for a midweek game. Fair enough. Just from experience at our place I thought it has always made a difference.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

We have three players who can play the number 10 in our squad Sheehan out long term. Dempsey not eligible and Lee struggles to play Saturday and midweek. Again will improve us from Saturday onwards that at least one will be fit each game.
Not really bothered one iota if we come up short come May i am seeing improvement each window.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
A little is yes, but a little is belief. Pre Christmas like last season we had a couple of little runs where we was ok the rest of the time we was basically shit. After Christmas last year we brought in Mj,John, Dapo and Lee in. All way too good for lge2. We have repeated it again and now have players too good for lge1. Watched a lot of Football in my time and have seen individuals wearing our shirt better than our front three, but as a unit i have not. Won our last 4 scoring 11 goals and not conceding one giving Trafford the only keeper in our 150 years history not to concede in his first 4 games.
Oh I have belief in this group from what I’ve seen in the last couple of games… but 3 of the 4 games have been at home and we were lucky to beat Shrewsbury away. I know we’ll have to grind out results but the true test will be games like this weekend away at Morecambe etc. the direct teams that we have always struggled against.

What really cost us this season was those couple of months after the Wigan drubbing where we had all the injuries and covid and had to play kids and reserves. Delfouneso, Johnston, Thomason was the midfield for a few of those games. A striker, a defender and a kid. 7 additions in January and offloading delf, brockbank etc … it’s a completely different team now to even 3/4 weeks ago.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

No singing due to the fact we stood there open mouthed at how good the football was.
Well done to the 244 who braved yesterdays weather.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Oh I have belief in this group from what I’ve seen in the last couple of games… but 3 of the 4 games have been at home and we were lucky to beat Shrewsbury away. I know we’ll have to grind out results but the true test will be games like this weekend away at Morecambe etc. the direct teams that we have always struggled against.

What really cost us this season was those couple of months after the Wigan drubbing where we had all the injuries and covid and had to play kids and reserves. Delfouneso, Johnston, Thomason was the midfield for a few of those games. A striker, a defender and a kid. 7 additions in January and offloading delf, brockbank etc … it’s a completely different team now to even 3/4 weeks ago.
Two of those games Dapo did not start and won it for us of the bench. The thing for me is we now mix it up and play it long which we could not do with Doyle. Jones dropping into a three improves us at the back Johnston is much more confident and its showing in his game. We are going to be playing Saturday tues until May we now have a decent bench.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Two of those games Dapo did not start and won it for us of the bench. The thing for me is we now mix it up and play it long which we could not do with Doyle. Jones dropping into a three improves us at the back Johnston is much more confident and its showing in his game. We are going to be playing Saturday tues until May we now have a decent bench.
100% on the mixing it up. Been saying it for 18 months. The best teams can do both when required … play intricately and play direct when necessary. I love the shorter stuff but at times it was just possession for the sake of possession and we weren’t hurting teams with it. We now have some bigger target men so we have a lot of options to play in different ways. If Dapo continues like this there is no way we keep him in the summer.

beaufighter

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Fossey was on trial at Rotherham in the summer and was sent back. Not a bad player, but not an improvement on what we already have.

Not going to go into overdrive on last nights win. It would feel too much like urinating on a grave.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Fossey was on trial at Rotherham in the summer and was sent back. Not a bad player, but not an improvement on what we already have.

Not going to go into overdrive on last nights win. It would feel too much like urinating on a grave.
All about opinions...and seeing you and Wigan are in the promotion spots i cannot disagree

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
not in the same class as Mitrovic.......Dont spin it i said as a three
Not a clue who Fulhams wing right wing back is but i know who there left wing back is we once had him here on loan
You must be about 12 years old.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Reading between the lines of Cowleys post-match interview on the transfer window, he did his part and got rid of high earners but others didn't keep their end of the bargain?
It's so hard to understand what is going on in the background regarding transfers. It all seems a bit smoke and mirrors and has the feel of an administration about it. Certainly the ground works are a financial strain. But as part of the ownership bid, we were always advised that these costs would not detract from the playing budget. Otherwise we as fans could have financed the works ourselves by detracting from the playing budget.

A week ago we had Cowley advising us to be patient and get ready for some exciting times (in the transfer window). Our CEO stating that the Eisner's would push the boat out if needed. Cowley stating that we were after a creative midfielder and attacker.

By close of play after another sorry performance and defeat, we had brought in Aiden O'Brien from Sunderland who are part financing the 6 month deal, and that was it. Players we were linked to on the build up to the 31st were talked up, then talked down due to 'complexities' and finance. Interestingly Wycombe had no such difficulties in signing one of our targets later that day. All the while we had got rid of many experienced pro's and high earners.

Cowley looked a broken man post Charlton. He referenced that he brought in the best he could get from what he was given.

As it stands, barring O'Brien for six months, we don't have a senior striker on our books (two loanees) and only two fit midfielders.

Growing unrest amongst the fan-base who see an apparent disinterested American ownership satisfied that we should be content to simply make up the numbers in the third division with no plan or ambition to do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!