Tuesday 20th Fixtures, full set!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I retracted that in my next post.

You’re are a good striker away from a very good team. January isn’t too far away.

Clinical if nothing else? Haha ok kid. See you at specsavers.

It’s not the striker that’s the problem it’s the service and creativity...

Most of which is on the treatment table.

Jonny12

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12
We are just giving teams a goal a game and without that we would be top 3. We didn't create a whole lot today but neither did Bradford, they lumped it into our box for the whole second half praying we would make a mistake and we delivered with our flappy GK gifting them a penalty when the header had already been taken.

Draw a fair result - what a goal for us by George Nurse by the way, thunderbolt.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Didn't think either team played particularly well tonight. There was next to no difference over the 90 minutes between the two sides other than a clinical striker that's red hot right now, which I gave credit for. Not sure who you were missing but we were missing Amoo and Oyeleke who are both among our best players, and at this level one or two players make a massive difference. Never a 3-1 game that, but you took most of your chances and you're top of the league so are clearly doing a lot of things right.

You still didn't batter us in any part of the game though.

Oh yes I had forgot about your best players Manny and Amoo (Who are never fit). Not sure you Vale fans had mentioned those two before? We didn’t fancy Amoo too much because he was never fit and from what I understand Manny is never fit either.

Most of your own fans on here agree we were the better side over 90.

Once you run out of puff and didn’t press us like you did in the first our midfield took a foot hold and the quality on the ball in the final third you couldn’t deal with. We have a red hot striker who is the top scorer in Europe. We were the better side on the night.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Port Vale fans crying again I see.

Reactions: SVH

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
He needs to be scoring that's what he was brought in for, especially as Toure can't hit a barn door as shown again tonight.
It doesn’t matter who scores, whoever gets the easy chances need to score whatever position they play. Toure tonight, Riley and Reilly on Saturday, Toure the week before. We are creating more than enough chances, not many are falling to Kayode admittedly, but if others take their easy chances then it doesn’t matter.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
1-0 loss at home to Orient and it was fully deserved. We were absolutely shocking. This needs sorting sharpish or fear that the patience with Jackson will run thin. There is no way with the side we put out there tonight that we should be putting in a performance such as that. Piss poor.
Yes, that was down there with the worst days of Barnes, Adams or Brabin. I am beginning to think that Jackson is out of his depth unfortunately.

Last edited:

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
We've never beaten Crawley at home in the league. I'm hoping we can rectify that today as I've put quite a bit of money on a 4 fold and Exeter are in it.
It landed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201020-215435_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201020-215435_Chrome.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 47

Valiant Tyler

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Oh yes I had forgot about your best players Manny and Amoo (Who are never fit). Not sure you Vale fans had mentioned those two before? We didn’t fancy Amoo too much because he was never fit and from what I understand Manny is never fit either.

Most of your own fans on here agree we were the better side over 90.

Once you run out of puff and didn’t press us like you did in the first our midfield took a foot hold and the quality on the ball in the final third you couldn’t deal with. We have a red hot striker who is the top scorer in Europe. We were the better side on the night.

You deserved the three points. I've not disputed that? The only thing I did dispute was you saying you battered us in the 2nd half. That never happened. You had a few counters and scored two of them, and defended well. There wasn't a lot in it at all other than a striker who's excellent right now. Pretty sure that the actual match stats will show a very close game.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
It doesn’t matter who scores, whoever gets the easy chances need to score whatever position they play. Toure tonight, Riley and Reilly on Saturday, Toure the week before. We are creating more than enough chances, not many are falling to Kayode admittedly, but if others take their easy chances then it doesn’t matter.

I really don't want to see Toure having to run through on goal again, I just KNEW he was going to miss that. :ffs:

No mate, it does matter who the chances fall to and I'd much rather it be a player who has the confidence and knowledge of putting it in the back of the net.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Yep, we're going to non-league
Be interesting to see if Ron Martin makes a change, but I can't see too many managers wanting to go there in your current state.

It almost feels as though the chickens are coming to roost for Ron Martin, after so many years or ducking and diving with the HMRC.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
You deserved the three points. I've not disputed that? The only thing I did dispute was you saying you battered us in the 2nd half. That never happened. You had a few counters and scored two of them, and defended well. There wasn't a lot in it at all other than a striker who's excellent right now. Pretty sure that the actual match stats will show a very close game.

I retracted that statement and also told you that two posts back. Emotions were running high at the full time whistle. Looking at the stats it was a very even game but we have a striker who is red hot and you don’t.

We now have the best defence and attack in the division and on the night deserved the 3 points.

You’re the best side we’ve played so far and will be up there come May.

Valiant Tyler

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I retracted that statement and also told you that two posts back. Emotions were running high at the full time whistle. Looking at the stats it was a very even game but we have a striker who is red hot and you don’t.

We now have the best defence and attack in the division and on the night deserved the 3 points.

You’re the best side we’ve played so far and will be up there come May.

Fair enough! A 20 goals plus striker is the difference between challenging for a top 6 spot and going up automatically. We have Pope, Cullen and Robinson who are all decent but if you ask 10 Vale fans who they would prefer up top you would get very mixed answers, and that's one of our problems. Your guy, Mullin, is the first name on the team sheet.

We won't be up there if we still have Askey in charge, but appreciate the sentiment. :bg:

Reactions: SVH

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Be interesting to see if Ron Martin makes a change, but I can't see too many managers wanting to go there in your current state.

It almost feels as though the chickens are coming to roost for Ron Martin, after so many years or ducking and diving with the HMRC.

No point chopping and changing. It all comes down to him

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Yeah a deserved win for ourselves, best we've played all season.

Defensively I thought you was quite sound, but you offered next to nothing going forward - We don't keep many clean sheets, so I'm amazed you didn't pressure us alot more than you did. We had enough chances in that second half to win the game, we usually create chances and in possession we are good at pulling teams around and this evening we managed to keep it going for 90mins for once.

You lot need Vaughan, Ferrier and Blackett-Taylor back as already mentioned, Sam Smith isn't too shabby either.

Big win that for Ross Embleton because a section of our fanbase was slowly turning on him.
Yeah fair summary as always from The Terms, I thought we were only OK and tranmere were particularly poor, as you say offered nothing going forward so 0-1 was probably the right scoreline.

As for Ross I've never been against him per se, but I also feel that he simply isn't good enough to get us back into league 1, he's a good bloke but I'm not convinced he's got enough of a footballing brain if that makes sense.

On the plus side Ruel looks great.

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We're good, this is fun. It's still very early days, but we've crushed every single doubt I had coming into the season into pieces so far. If you'd told me 6 weeks ago I'd be expecting to beat Bolton I'd have laughed in your face.

Vale are a good team but as I think they've mostly identified on here, lacking a bit up top and far too late to make changes as they weren't really getting much on target despite having a reasonable amount of the ball in the final third. Should be challenging for the playoffs still but feels like it could be better.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Interestingly despite the doom and gloom we are actually one point better off than we were this time last season!

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Our media friendly manager is at it again.

This time the questions are ridiculous and he doesn't give a " monkeys" what people in the stand think!

The people who are normally in the stand pay a fair chunk of your wages and if you upset them and the media you are going to be in the dole queue soon. Lighten up ffs.

The thing is it wasn't a bad performance, we didn't score the goals we should have and we lost to a keepers error but the way he's speaking you'd think we had just been spanked and the fans were on his back.

Casey

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Surprised about Vale fans being so vocal about Askey, although I half understand where they're coming from. I wouldn't completely rule out getting promoted scoring so few a goals but it does make it more difficult because games swing on one goal with little margin of error.

He was remarkably consistent with his goals scored at Macc. In his 5 seasons, his sides scored 65, 62, 60, 60, 64 and 67 (promotion) so his sides have never been prolific.

They're probably PO numbers, or just out of it. We squeezed into 7th with 64 goals scored three years ago and you always felt it wasn't quite enough.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend

Really hope he doesn’t sack him this is in no way his fault but everything else you say is true

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

This time the questions are ridiculous and he doesn't give a " monkeys" what people in the stand think!

The people who are normally in the stand pay a fair chunk of your wages and if you upset them and the media you are going to be in the dole queue soon. Lighten up ffs.

The thing is it wasn't a bad performance, we didn't score the goals we should have and we lost to a keepers error but the way he's speaking you'd think we had just been spanked and the fans were on his back.

Casey
His interviews are painful aren't they!

Guernica

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

Casey

Yup pretty bad, body language of a teenager and that's probably disrespectful of teenagers. Will be surprised to see if he ends the season in charge.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum

Casey
Christ that interview was painful to watch. But I agree with you, you played well and a loss is harsh for you. A draw probably would have been fair. You could've been 3-0 up at HT quite easily

Valiant Tyler

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Surprised about Vale fans being so vocal about Askey, although I half understand where they're coming from. I wouldn't completely rule out getting promoted scoring so few a goals but it does make it more difficult because games swing on one goal with little margin of error.

He was remarkably consistent with his goals scored at Macc. In his 5 seasons, his sides scored 65, 62, 60, 60, 64 and 67 (promotion) so his sides have never been prolific.

They're probably PO numbers, or just out of it. We squeezed into 7th with 64 goals scored three years ago and you always felt it wasn't quite enough.

To me he doesn't have a clue yet what our best 11 is. That's always dangerous. He's not a bad manager and hasn't become one suddenly either. But I just don't believe he's someone that will get the best out of attacking players. We have Pope, Cullen, Robinson, Amoo, Worrall, McKirdy and Montano. Fair enough, Amoo hasn't kicked a ball yet and he's a big player for us. But they are all good players for this level, so to only score 6 goals in 7 league games takes quite some doing! It's nowhere near good enough. It's not like we've been missing a lot of chances either. We just haven't been creating them. We're an excellent side generally until we get into the final third.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Another game, another loss, 1-0 to Newport this time. Fell behind early, nailed on pen as Coker tripped Shepard in the box. We'd actually started the game quite well, Newton hit the crossbar within the first couple of minutes but as soon as we fell behind it was basically curtains for us.

Neither side really looked like adding to the score, Newport dealt with our powder puff effort to come back into the game, bar one decent chance for Aitchison we didn't come close to scoring. Newport were just much more savvy than we were and were comfortable for the most part.

In recent matches it's looked more and more apparent that this side isn't that much better than last season, we're hanging in games, much like we were under Mark Sampson during his interim spell as manager last season. Sampson's still at the club so it's probably not that surprising.

We desperately need to evolve our style of play, playing in the fashion we have vs Salford, Forest Green and today just isn't going to get us the desired results. I want to see us take teams on, throw bodies forward and actually work the goalkeeper. In the three matches mentioned we've had 4 shots on target, you just can't win matches playing in such a negative and unimaginative style.

Orient on Saturday, get your money on Orient to win to nil, 1-0 and 2-0 correct score, no way we're going to win if something doesn't change.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
I like yemsy tbh. He doesn't know how to manage the media at all and responds like a child to questions but he generally makes good signings and gets results. Think Crawley will do well under him.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Surprised about Vale fans being so vocal

Don’t know why anyone would be surprised that the Vale fans are gobby. This is the season they thought that HMS Piss The League were going to peek out of Stoke’s shadow. Turns out the sunglasses they had on in anticipation were rose-tinted.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
To me he doesn't have a clue yet what our best 11 is. That's always dangerous. He's not a bad manager and hasn't become one suddenly either. But I just don't believe he's someone that will get the best out of attacking players. We have Pope, Cullen, Robinson, Amoo, Worrall, McKirdy and Montano. Fair enough, Amoo hasn't kicked a ball yet and he's a big player for us. But they are all good players for this level, so to only score 6 goals in 7 league games takes quite some doing! It's nowhere near good enough. It's not like we've been missing a lot of chances either. We just haven't been creating them. We're an excellent side generally until we get into the final third.

5 of those 7 have barely been able to feature for us to be fair regularly, Cullen missed the last few, McKirdy I think has played a few minutes in the league, Monty was out until the last couple, Pope banned for 6 and Amoo has played about 15 minutes. You’ve also missed Manny who was excellent at Exeter and missing since, we dominate midfields more easily with him with his power and pace. Manny, Conlon and Joyce is as good as any midfield in the league but lose him with the form of Burgess and Whitehead we’ve lost a big part of that.

Take 5 of Cambridge main attacking players out they struggle as would most of the teams in the division so think we need to take that into context. Not to mention the loss of Gibbons who’s been excellent as an attacking full back.

We need to get them back, Cheltenham aside we’ve got a fairly nice run now on paper which means we will beat the Robins draw at Southend and lose to Scunny and Oldham knowing us!

Key point of the season now, better off than at this stage last season so a couple of wins and things will look and feel much better again.

We played better last night than Saturday when we won against Salford and the football at times was excellent but that attacking promise needs to be better.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Another game, another loss, 1-0 to Newport this time. Fell behind early, nailed on pen as Coker tripped Shepard in the box. We'd actually started the game quite well, Newton hit the crossbar within the first couple of minutes but as soon as we fell behind it was basically curtains for us.

Neither side really looked like adding to the score, Newport dealt with our powder puff effort to come back into the game, bar one decent chance for Aitchison we didn't come close to scoring. Newport were just much more savvy than we were and were comfortable for the most part.

In recent matches it's looked more and more apparent that this side isn't that much better than last season, we're hanging in games, much like we were under Mark Sampson during his interim spell as manager last season. Sampson's still at the club so it's probably not that surprising.

We desperately need to evolve our style of play, playing in the fashion we have vs Salford, Forest Green and today just isn't going to get us the desired results. I want to see us take teams on, throw bodies forward and actually work the goalkeeper. In the three matches mentioned we've had 4 shots on target, you just can't win matches playing in such a negative and unimaginative style.

Orient on Saturday, get your money on Orient to win to nil, 1-0 and 2-0 correct score, no way we're going to win if something doesn't change.
Giving Effiong more game time would help - looked good and was a handful when he came on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!