Tuesday 23rd November

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
No chance. Unfortunately.

Just to add that apparently all Barrow fans will receive a voucher for a free hot drink at the turnstiles, courtesy of Stirz Brands.
Hot beer, now that sounds southern.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Don't boil the Beer. This is very important with Grzaniec Piwo.

Bottle of beer (works with Lager but happy beers are better)
2 or 3 cloves
Half a sick of cinnamon
Orange slice or other citrus fruit.
Teaspoon or two of honey

Heat beer and add other ingredients and simmer. It's a lovely winter warmer that comes from Poland.

Used to work with an old Polish gentleman loading bread vans and it got cold with very little cover and a few slugs helped.

Casey

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers

Just to add that apparently all Barrow fans will receive a voucher for a free hot drink at the turnstiles, courtesy of Stirz Brands.
That ain't fair. Mind you we sold out are application of 1200 on the first day they went on sale 2 weeks a go. Maybe the ones travelling without tickets ( and there is quite a few ) could watch the game from this pub. Is it close enough ? Is there a chance of getting tickets on the side on the day ?

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
1200 is the capacity of the away terrace but what usually happens is a few Gas get in the home ends. (Not saying you should do that just saying it’s inevitable some will)

The Green Man is built into the main stand and is usually home fans only. Barrow will obviously bring a lot less then you so the club are letting them in.

A couple of decent pubs in Nailsworth though tbf.

Last edited:

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Bovril.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
I agree I don't think it was a lack of effort but it's clear there's a lack of confidence and belief. Didn't agree with the muppets who booed them off at half time either

We've been dicked a few times over the last year in this manner so up to them to show they have the character to bounce back. We will get the answer to this question over the next week.

Booed? Very harsh. You’ve just had a manager leave you in the lurch and you were playing the best side in the division. Even if Pools lose tomorrow night I wouldn’t be the slightest bit worried - you’d’ve just lost to four sides who will finish in the top 8. Impressed with Pools’ start to the season, but you’re having an expected correction to the mean.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Don't boil the Beer. This is very important with Grzaniec Piwo.

Bottle of beer (works with Lager but happy beers are better)
2 or 3 cloves
Half a sick of cinnamon
Orange slice or other citrus fruit.
Teaspoon or two of honey

Heat beer and add other ingredients and simmer. It's a lovely winter warmer that comes from Poland.

Used to work with an old Polish gentleman loading bread vans and it got cold with very little cover and a few slugs helped.

Casey
Doesn't sound anywhere near alcoholic enough for me. I do almost the same recipe with mulled wine but pour a load of brandy or whisky in there. Couple of them and you're flying.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Booed? Very harsh. You’ve just had a manager leave you in the lurch and you were playing the best side in the division. Even if Pools lose tomorrow night I wouldn’t be the slightest bit worried - you’d’ve just lost to four sides who will finish in the top 8. Impressed with Pools’ start to the season, but you’re having an expected correction to the mean.
It was only a minority but yep pack of c***.

There was no way we were going to have a tilt at the play offs, squad isn't good enough. No pre season rest and now no manager. I think we'll probably be fine but not expecting much from at least the next two league games.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Bristol Rovers cut through our midfield like a knife through butter without Spearing. He reads the game better than O'Connor, tackles better, and passes the ball better.

Some of our fans have this weird idea that he should be bombing box to box and spraying balls about like Beckham because he once played in the Premier League. He is a defensive midfielder, and a very good one.

O'Connor is more mobile, but that is it.

I’m not dissing Spearing, far from it. He’s the sort of player you want in your team when you take the lead and you know the opposition is going to throw the kitchen sink at you. Would like to see more of Chris Merrie in the middle of the park .

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I’m not dissing Spearing, far from it. He’s the sort of player you want in your team when you take the lead and you know the opposition is going to throw the kitchen sink at you. Would like to see more of Chris Merrie in the middle of the park .
Chris Merrie’s lack of opportunity is a puzzle. He did better as a makeshift left-back than anyone else while Macdonald was absent, but harshly sent off in the season opener and barely seen since. Unsure if he’s classed as a defensive or attacking midfielder, from the little have seen of him feel more the latter. He’s had experience playing for Wigan in the league above and is under a 2 year deal, so you’d think Micky should be trying to get him involved, but not even on the bench recently.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Should be fun tonight. Sort of midlands derby and a decent away following from them.

I think tonight we really need to look at getting Politic into the starting lineup. Quite frankly if Rodney thought last Saturday was his way of stating his case then there’s no hope for him and he should make way. Get him and Amoo running at what looks a very slow defence and I think that will go a long way to us winning the game.

Also if one of our players can feign being elbowed in the face or something like that to get Labadie sent off that will be great. He’ll no doubt be trying that same shit with us so get him first.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It was only a minority but yep pack of c***.

There was no way we were going to have a tilt at the play offs, squad isn't good enough. No pre season rest and now no manager. I think we'll probably be fine but not expecting much from at least the next two league games.

It'll of been those fans who never stepped foot in The Vic when we were non league fodder and have suddenly found their way back now we're Football League.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Should be fun tonight. Sort of midlands derby and a decent away following from them.

I think tonight we really need to look at getting Politic into the starting lineup. Quite frankly if Rodney thought last Saturday was his way of stating his case then there’s no hope for him and he should make way. Get him and Amoo running at what looks a very slow defence and I think that will go a long way to us winning the game.

Also if one of our players can feign being elbowed in the face or something like that to get Labadie sent off that will be great. He’ll no doubt be trying that same shit with us so get him first.
Labadie is great if hes on your side but you hate him if he isnt hopefully its a decent game and you dont just turn us over we need to be better than in recent games or thats what will happen.Also heard theres trouble planned from your fans dunno if you have heard anything your end about that?

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Labadie is great if hes on your side but you hate him if he isnt hopefully its a decent game and you dont just turn us over we need to be better than in recent games or thats what will happen.Also heard theres trouble planned from your fans dunno if you have heard anything your end about that?

From what I gather no pubs around town will be allowing visiting fans in before the game. Not sure if there is anything planned or not but it’s the same old thing if people go looking for it at Vale they will probably find it. Basically if anyone goes round town singing some of the songs have heard from some Walsall fans about DC that might prompt something.

Truth be told though Staffs police usually do a decent job keeping a lid on that stuff so doubt much will happen.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Its a bit of a circus we could do without to be honest with you, I don't really get the anger Walsall have had about it that's so much they've doubled their standard away following to us for it, they moaned he was crap then hate him for ditching them to come Vale! Guess the bigger following pays off some of the compo money mind.

It didn't work out there, he's come to us and is so far doing an exceptional job so surely good for both parties.

We just need to not get caught up in it, play our own game and just defend better than Saturday, its Walsall's gripe not ours so no reason for us to go over the top on it and just do our job on the night.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Its a bit of a circus we could do without to be honest with you, I don't really get the anger Walsall have had about it that's so much they've doubled their standard away following to us for it, they moaned he was crap then hate him for ditching them to come Vale! Guess the bigger following pays off some of the compo money mind.

It didn't work out there, he's come to us and is so far doing an exceptional job so surely good for both parties.

We just need to not get caught up in it, play our own game and just defend better than Saturday, its Walsall's gripe not ours so no reason for us to go over the top on it and just do our job on the night.

He did a better job than he was given credit for there as when DC left them they were well in with a shout of the playoffs. He basically left them as they had to sell their two best players and was given nothing to replace them with. Their owner being a bit of a Smurthwaite type doing some video saying it was nothing to do with that among other things probably influenced a few.

Bottom line am glad he’s our manager now, probably just fits our club and what we are trying to do far better than he did there in general.

Good news for us is Smith will be back in the middle of the back three tonight. That’s our best lineup defensively. I’m pretty certain just judging by DC’s post match interview on Saturday our players will be fired up not because it’s Walsall but because he has given them hell after defending the way they did.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
He did a better job than he was given credit for there as when DC left them they were well in with a shout of the playoffs. He basically left them as they had to sell their two best players and was given nothing to replace them with. Their owner being a bit of a Smurthwaite type doing some video saying it was nothing to do with that among other things probably influenced a few.

Bottom line am glad he’s our manager now, probably just fits our club and what we are trying to do far better than he did there in general.

Good news for us is Smith will be back in the middle of the back three tonight. That’s our best lineup defensively. I’m pretty certain just judging by DC’s post match interview on Saturday our players will be fired up not because it’s Walsall but because he has given them hell after defending the way they did.
Yeah I felt for Phil doing that interview!

He looked gutted but absolutely livid! He couldnt even look at the camera! It is a really odd one, some of the stuff their fans are saying on the forum about if they win their players will be hero's like its their cup final.

Its really bizzare, if say Aspin was taken by Exeter a couple of years ago because he wasn't great we wouldn't really have batted an eyelid let alone create a weird rivalry over it! Think Page to Northampton or even Micky going Sheff United yet that absolutely seethe about him.

We've just got to do our jobs, try and get a result against a mid table team and onto Hartlepool, we must not get drawn into their cup final and treat as any other game against Walsall.

Last edited:

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
We've just got to do our jobs, try and get a result against a mid table team and onto Hartlepool, we must not get drawn into their cup final and treat as any other game against Walsall.

Aye that’s the key just play the game in front of us. With a big and loud away following no doubt they will try and have a go at us early but that may well be their undoing if they are too amped up. If Walsall had Rory Holden at full fitness I’d be more worried about this as he is a quality player but I’m not sure they will have the cutting edge without him. They don’t seem to score that many from what I can see.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
From what I gather no pubs around town will be allowing visiting fans in before the game. Not sure if there is anything planned or not but it’s the same old thing if people go looking for it at Vale they will probably find it. Basically if anyone goes round town singing some of the songs have heard from some Walsall fans about DC that might prompt something.

Truth be told though Staffs police usually do a decent job keeping a lid on that stuff so doubt much will happen.
My feelings about DC now are he was not backed here we have had far worse than him the hate is over the top.Pomlett got away with it using Covid as an excuse.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Red card incoming

Interesting line there about Labadie “who prides himself on being agressive”. There’s a fair few other words which are a bit less flattering opposition fans will have had for him down the years. I think it’s printing money to take whatever odds there are on a red card at some point tonight.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Doesn't sound anywhere near alcoholic enough for me. I do almost the same recipe with mulled wine but pour a load of brandy or whisky in there. Couple of them and you're flying.
You don't want to be "flying" when you've got stuff to do! Just a lovely warmer when it's parky out. I agree the mulled cider is good too but there are so many variations of mulled wine you have to be careful.

Casey

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Can super Oldham Athletic pull off another match winning performance again tonight like on the weekend? I do hope so.

Saddler92

Reaction score
Supports
Walsall
Interesting line there about Labadie “who prides himself on being agressive”. There’s a fair few other words which are a bit less flattering opposition fans will have had for him down the years. I think it’s printing money to take whatever odds there are on a red card at some point tonight.

I think a few quid on Labadie getting booked/sent off tonight is easy money. He’s a very effective central midfielder when he concentrates on his role, but he’s already been suspended for four matches this season.

In terms of the game, I’m a bit pessimistic about our chances given our struggles against a 3/5 at the back formation this season. Stephen Ward is a massive weak link at left back and with Worrall on that side it could be a long evening.

On the pub situation, I take it the Bull’s Head won’t be letting away fans in? Shame that as it’s a quality away day pub.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Personally think we'll get absolutely battered.

Players to me looked drained on Saturday, effects of the midweek Wycombe game plus lack of pre-season rest possibly for some of them.

We'll be missing Sterry and our backups are barely National League standard so we can't change things up much.

There was evidently a lack of belief we could get anything off FGR on Saturday and with two long arse trips to stronger sides coming up, can't see anything other than a heavy defeat.
Unfortunately I agree.
As long as we don’t get hammered by Rochdale & Scunthorpe,then it would be panic stations.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Football isn't worth fighting over. The NHS is.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
I think a few quid on Labadie getting booked/sent off tonight is easy money. He’s a very effective central midfielder when he concentrates on his role, but he’s already been suspended for four matches this season.

In terms of the game, I’m a bit pessimistic about our chances given our struggles against a 3/5 at the back formation this season. Stephen Ward is a massive weak link at left back and with Worrall on that side it could be a long evening.

On the pub situation, I take it the Bull’s Head won’t be letting away fans in? Shame that as it’s a quality away day pub.

Can only go off the tweet from Staffs police who said no away drinking venues in the town. Whether they’ll let small groups in on the quiet is another matter. Be a shame as it’s always had a pretty decent atmosphere between home and away supporters in there and the BBQ out back is always a welcome addition.

On the face of it I feel this is one that could be a favourable matchup for us but that’s why you play the games I guess. We are missing our two main forwards which isn’t helpful but the team generally go as Conlon and Worrall go in any case. Then again with how DC treats injuries as state secrets wouldn’t totally shock me if all of a sudden Proctor is included in the match-day squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!